PDA

View Full Version : Plz tell me......

Timmy!
11-14-2008, 10:36 PM
how can G. Hill be so much better than Vaughn this early in his career??!!

timtonymanu
11-14-2008, 10:37 PM
simple. Vaughn just sucks.

Timmy!
11-14-2008, 10:43 PM
i think FO and Pop did it again. Yeah its only a few games but I like what I see in Hill.

I always liked Vaughn but he's jst too much of a liability.

Dr. Gonzo
11-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Hill is having a great game. I'm ready to order my number 3 jersey.

Obstructed_View
11-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Because JV is an aging third string point guard with no physical gifts doing his best to fill in minutes as a backup?

mVp
11-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Vaughn is doing a great job mentoring him LOL

SequSpur
11-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Do I need to answer this topic? How the shit do you start a pole?

Anti.Hero
11-14-2008, 11:06 PM
plant it in the ground.

VaSpursFan
11-14-2008, 11:07 PM
because vaughn has never had any offense. he's full of suck and a liability on that end of the court. hill is a natural "scorer". once he works with chip on that jumper, he'll be TP lite

Timmy!
11-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Because JV is an aging third string point guard with no physical gifts doing his best to fill in minutes as a backup?

And Hill is a no-name, small-program, late 1st round-surprised everyone draft pick!

peskypesky
11-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Wow! Hill just blew my mind!

K-State Spur
11-14-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't get the Vaughn hatred (and I'm a K-Stater!!!).

He was originally signed to be an insurance policy as a 3rd PG...and he's been EVERYTHING that we could have hoped for from that perspective.

Is he an outstanding second-stringer? No, but good luck finding a solid vet that you can sign as a 3rd guy insurance policy for a bargain rate.

Obstructed_View
11-14-2008, 11:32 PM
And Hill is a no-name, small-program, late 1st round-surprised everyone draft pick!

Why would you ask a stupid question and then argue with the answer? George Hill was one of the best high school players in Indiana history, he was highly recruited, went to IUPUI for personal reasons, not because he couldn't play anywhere else, and was only a surprise to the media because he was so late to declare that he wasn't in any of the mock drafts. There were two other teams looking at Hill when the Spurs took him, both of which made the finals last year.

Tully365
11-14-2008, 11:34 PM

He was originally signed to be an insurance policy as a 3rd PG...and he's been EVERYTHING that we could have hoped for from that perspective.

Is he an outstanding second-stringer? No, but good luck finding a solid vet that you can sign as a 3rd guy insurance policy for a bargain rate.

+1. He's a smart, mature guy who's a good locker room influence, he doesn't make big mistakes, and he has a low salary. Guys with more talent don't accept being 3rd string, and don't play for under 2 mil/year. People should give him a break. He fills his role perfectly.

Tully365
11-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Why would you ask a stupid question and then argue with the answer? George Hill was one of the best high school players in Indiana history, he was highly recruited, went to IUPUI for personal reasons, not because he couldn't play anywhere else, and was only a surprise to the media because he was so late to declare that he wasn't in any of the mock drafts. There were two other teams looking at Hill when the Spurs took him, both of which made the finals last year.

True. people said the same thing when Nash was drafted out of Santa Clara.

jayc23
11-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Hill averaged 37 ppg in high school and he played against courtney lee, greg oden, josh Mc roberts, Connelly and countless other Division 1 prospects in one of the most talented high school basketball recruiting classes in a while anywhere in the nation... 7 NBA players came out of Indiana during that recruiting class.. nobody could stop him he was triple teamed by D1 caliber players and he would put up 49 points.... hes going to turn out to be one of the top 10 rookies in this draft class easily

angelbelow
11-15-2008, 12:28 AM
vaughn is valuable not because of his basketball skills and talent, he is valuable because of his IQ. its not his fault hes as skilled. ive said this before, as much as i hate seeing vaughn play, i want him to stick around to mentor hill.

coaches voted that hes a future coach for a reason.

Manuuuuu
11-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Hill is better!!

GSH
11-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Hill is doing a great job. But wait for the playoffs before deciding that JV's experience is unnecessary. No slight to Hill, but if he doesn't feel playoff jitters the first couple of trips, then he needs a big red "S" on his chest. I remember Parker benefitting from having an old guy around to settle things down. We would have one or two fewer banners without that experience during crunch time.

ShoogarBear
11-15-2008, 12:50 AM
How could Tim Duncan been so much better as a rookie than Carl Herrera?

Quiet Strength
11-15-2008, 12:52 AM

:lol

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 12:53 AM

:lmao

m33p0
11-15-2008, 01:07 AM
it's not that Vaughn is a liability... he didn't have much to offer to begin with.

cherylsteele
11-15-2008, 01:56 AM
Do I need to answer this topic? How the shit do you start a pole?
"pole" or "poll"?

stxspurs
11-15-2008, 02:06 AM
im excited for hill...i think he can only get better.....we could have gotten chalmers or arthur but i think hill and his defense oriented play is a perfect fit.....i think we found another diamond in the rough.....

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 02:09 AM
im excited for hill...i think he can only get better.....we could have gotten chalmers or arthur but i think hill and his defense oriented play is a perfect fit.....i think we found another diamond in the rough.....

let's hope so. he's definitely showing some signs of major promise. but let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

it would be so nice to see the FO actually make a good decision again.

mrspurs
11-15-2008, 08:10 AM
I dont think Hill would be playing if TP wouldnt have gone down. Sometimes you need luck to get into a starting lineup. Its funny this kid comes in, starts and is playing great. Yet the other FO experiment is headed back to austin. And he's been around since 2005.

TJastal
11-15-2008, 08:17 AM

+1

Vaughn is not that bad really IMO. He passes well, limits turnovers, and takes good shots that just seem to miss by inches. I think once he becomes comfortable with his role on the team he will knock those shots down with more regularity.

m33p0
11-15-2008, 08:18 AM
I dont think Hill would be playing if TP wouldnt have gone down. Sometimes you need luck to get into a starting lineup. Its funny this kid comes in, starts and is playing great. Yet the other FO experiment is headed back to austin. And he's been around since 2005.
... to get in shape.

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 12:12 PM
... to get in shape.

He's been told that about ten times now. I don't think he's paying attention. That's why his posts are stupid.