PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hear that Barry said Bowen was dirty?

gmanrulz
11-14-2008, 11:19 PM
I was watching league pass with the rockets broadcast and they said that barry stated that bowen was a very dirty player and it wasnt a joke. I didnt expect this from barry and its weird hearing that from someone "on the inside"

SequSpur
11-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Bowen is dirty. lock topic. Next.

Obstructed_View
11-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Barry's a turncoat. He also was talking about all the great players in the NBA and didn't mention Parker, Duncan or Manu.

SenorSpur
Yeah I heard it, too. It certainly wasn't a joke. I'm not surprised. Barry is truly sleeping with the enemy now. Maybe he's a bit purturbed that the Spurs didn't do more to retain his services.

Hemotivo
bowen is dirty

Tully365
Anyone hear that Barry can't defend?

SpursFanFirst
11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
:nope Shame on you, Barry.

timvp
11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Bowen called out Barry after he left. He pointed out that the Spurs were offering basically the same amount of money and Barry decided to jump ship.

I'm guessing that didn't sit amazingly well with Barry. But F him. You join the Rockets, your ties are cut.

K-State Spur
11-14-2008, 11:23 PM
I was watching league pass with the rockets broadcast and they said that barry stated that bowen was a very dirty player and it wasnt a joke. I didnt expect this from barry and its weird hearing that from someone "on the inside"

Barry filled a nice role for this team for a few years, but that said...

Guys who can't create their own shot hate defenders who don't give them space.

Anti.Hero
11-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Blood in Blood out.

SequSpur
11-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Blood in Blood out.

exactly!

pawe
11-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Boo hoo! Must be the water from houston making everyone a cry baby

http://www.foundshit.com/images/bush001.jpg

exstatic
11-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Bowen called out Barry after he left. He pointed out that the Spurs were offering basically the same amount of money and Barry decided to jump ship.

I'm guessing that didn't sit amazingly well with Barry. But F him. You join the Rockets, your ties are cut.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/basketball/nba/players/168.jpg

Obstructed_View
That's right. I remember that now. Sure seems like there's bad blood somehow from Brent. It's a stupid thing for him to say unless he's just trying to get in good with the new town.

I bet Bowen laughs when someone tells him about it.

tmtcsc
Fuck Dingle Barry and his weak ass game. He starts to play like a man in the playoffs last year and then bolts for the Rockets ? Way to go stud.

Spurtacus
11-14-2008, 11:39 PM
What a bitch!

I won't be able to watch a Spurs HEB ad with him the same way ever again.

timvp
11-14-2008, 11:41 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/basketball/nba/players/168.jpgAJ didn't have a choice. Plus he came back after helping the Rockets miss the playoffs.

:smokin

Ice009
11-14-2008, 11:43 PM

I was never the biggest Barry fan around. Is this for real? When I opened the thread I thought Barry was joking. What a loser. The only time I really like Barry was last season when he came back for cheap.

I didn't like Barry when he was making mid level exception money, only when he was on minimum salary his game seemed to have gone right up.

timvp
11-14-2008, 11:44 PM
I'll like Barry again after he retires. But leaving for the Rockets when the Spurs were offering the same amount of money because he got wooed by Adleman is weak sauce.

timtonymanu
11-14-2008, 11:45 PM
wow. that's hard to hear from someone as classy and funny as Barry.

i still like the guy but that made me question my liking for him.

Biernutz
11-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Barry got his ring with us and he also got paid. Have fun in Houston Brent ,but don't expect your shirt to hang in our building.

mVp
11-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Mango trees don't do that Brent!!

samikeyp
11-14-2008, 11:55 PM

+1

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Barry got his ring with us and he also got paid. Have fun in Houston Brent ,but don't expect your shirt to hang in our building.

I don't think anyone expects that. The only Barry jersey hanging at the AT&T center will be in the visitors locker room.

duncan228
11-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Barry got 2 rings with us.

EvaLongoria
11-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Those who kill by the sword will die by the sword.

Manu-of-steel
11-15-2008, 12:24 AM
i was taken aback when i heard it i think from matt bullard. F... brent!

angelbelow
11-15-2008, 12:26 AM
bowen is dirty, thats not new news.

GSH
11-15-2008, 12:27 AM
After spending 4 years with his head up his ass, everything looks a little dirty to Brent.

If he feels that strongly about it, maybe he should give back his rings.

T Park
11-15-2008, 12:27 AM
that's a shame as much as I ripped up brent the player I always loved brent the person . Good luck with the first round choke jobs jerkoff.....

duncan228
11-15-2008, 12:39 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Mahinmi_sent_to_Austin_for_conditioning.html

Asked what former Spur Brent Barry brought to the Rockets when he signed a free agent contract with them this summer, Rockets All-Star Tracy McGrady didn’t hesitate before blurting, “Humor. A lot of humor. He keeps us laughing.”

Barry was suited up for Friday’s game, but Adelman said he was unlikely to play because of a sprained right thumb.

Barry wasn’t even able to be a stand-up comic Friday because of a touch of laryngitis.

McGrady said Barry’s real value to the Rockets has been his leadership.

“He’s a guy who knows the game,” he said, “and he’s been on championship teams. He knows where the ins and outs are.”

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Of course, Barry also got a DNP, but only because he asked Adelman to keep him out so Bowen wouldn't kick his ass.

ShoogarBear
11-15-2008, 12:43 AM
1. The Rockets announcers are douchebags rivaled only by Tommy Heinsohn.

2. I'm not sure the context in which Brent said it. It's easy to imagine him saying it as a joke and the Rocket douchebags latching on to it.

But F him. You join the Rockets, your ties are cut.

ShoogarBear
11-15-2008, 12:44 AM
McGrady said Barry’s real value to the Rockets has been his leadership.

“He’s a guy who's been to the second round,” he said in an awestruck whisper.

bdictjames
11-15-2008, 12:49 AM
I miss Barry, but this is just unbelievable. I hope everything is still fine with him and San Antonio.

YoMamaIsCallin
11-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Matt Dullard is a homer asshole. Don't believe a single thing he says.

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Barry's a turncoat. He also was talking about all the great players in the NBA and didn't mention Parker, Duncan or Manu.

I think Barry has every right to be pissed at the Spurs. Pop screwed him, the Spurs AND the fans during the Lakers series last year.

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 01:02 AM

You ain't lyin'.

Apparently Pop was talking to the officials during a timeout, and the announcers said "The next time Duncan gets the ball, expect to hear a whistle." Duncan got the ball almost immediately and turned the ball over. About five minutes later Scola hacked Duncan in the post and one of them said, "You knew that was comin'." :lol

m33p0
11-15-2008, 01:05 AM
need to hear it from bent himself.

baseline bum
11-15-2008, 01:07 AM

Even with the pedophile gone?

ShoogarBear
11-15-2008, 01:09 AM
I think Calvin may have actually been the most objective one of them.

spursnatic
11-15-2008, 01:53 AM
:lobt::lobt:FUCK BARRY!!!!!!!!!!:lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

lefty
11-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Maybe Timvp should give him a pinkage

DMX7
11-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Bowen is dirty, so was Dennis Rodman but I liked them both.

Anti.Hero
11-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Bowen might be dirty but you don't say that shit when the dude got you rings.

I liked Barry but he is dead to me if this is true.

Jahivah
11-15-2008, 02:55 AM
Wow. A full 8 games in with his new team and he's already talking shit about guys that he spent four years and won three championships with? Wow! what a class individual.

lefty
11-15-2008, 02:56 AM
It's as good thing we beat the Rockets then

duncan228
11-15-2008, 03:16 AM
...won three championships with?

Barry won 2 with us.

Manufan909
11-15-2008, 03:34 AM
Just leave it alone 228. Nobody seems to know when Bsarry was actually hear. Next someone will say he's working on one for his thumb with the Rockets. And is it true that he was offered the same money and still left?:depressed

Also, it might be true, but that's not right to say about a good teammate. Maybe he's still pissed about the ice cream Bowen stole from him, Tony, and Manu!!!:wow

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-15-2008, 03:41 AM
I can't believe the hate people are dumping on Brent, the only player besides Tim to be a part of all five Spurs championships!

And let me give a big +1 to bashing Matt Bullard. The Rockets broadcast is homertastic, far less funny than they think, and invariably (and inexplicably) gets onto the topic of food at least once in every game.

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 04:13 AM
While I'm grateful for the six titles Barry helped bring to the Spurs, I can't just let him get away with saying things like that about the team.

lefty
11-15-2008, 04:21 AM
While I'm grateful for the six titles Barry helped bring to the Spurs, I can't just let him get away with saying things like that about the team.

?????????????/

polandprzem
11-15-2008, 04:28 AM

:lol

Manufan909
11-15-2008, 04:33 AM
?????????????/

Read the bottom halof the 2nd page, then you'll understand.:lol

Texas_Ranger
11-15-2008, 04:55 AM
If that's true...then that's relly sad...

Borosai
11-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Some people seem to be having trouble keeping count of the Spurs' championships. Let's take a visual approach by counting sticks:

I I I I I I I I

Texas_Ranger
11-15-2008, 05:07 AM
Last time I heard we had 9 championships...so thank you Brent for all of those titles.

duncan228
11-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Let's take a visual approach...

There's one for each of Duncan's fingers.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/oddsandends/fingers.jpg

mrspurs
11-15-2008, 08:26 AM

+1. How many minutes did Brent log in?:lol

mrspurs
11-15-2008, 08:28 AM
It's as good thing we beat the Rockets then

Another +1

ploto
11-15-2008, 10:58 AM

Bowen talks crap about everyone who chooses to leave and that is why I lost all respect for him.

And he is dirty.

Fans are hilarious. You all loved Brent when he took less money to rejoin the Spurs. When he chooses to do what is best for him basketball-wise, you hate him.

Whisky Dog
11-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't blame brent at all for leaving since he'll probably play more in Houston. I surely hope he didnt resort to talking some shit though, after all the success he had in SA.

diego
11-15-2008, 11:14 AM
i don't agree with bowen calling barry out for leaving. its his career and his right, its not like he owed the spurs favors.

and because barry is a joker, i'd like to hear the actual quote from him to get a feel for context, but if true i'm disappointed, it just doesnt seem like his style.

Oh, Gee!!
11-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Bowen is dirty.

Oh, Gee!!
11-15-2008, 11:20 AM
He also was talking about all the great players in the NBA and didn't mention Parker, Duncan or Manu.

heaven forbid he have an opinion.

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 12:29 PM
heaven forbid he have an opinion.

:lol Yeah, okay.

ShoogarBear
11-15-2008, 12:29 PM
All-Time Greatest Spurs
1. Steve Nash
2. Brent Barry

And if Brent wins another title for us this year, he moves to #1.

ShoogarBear
11-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Bowen talks crap about everyone who chooses to leave and that is why I lost all respect for him.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason.

HarlemHeat37
11-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Bowen is one of the classiest guys in the NBA and seems like a great dude..but he is a dirty player, and that's part of the reason I love having him on my team..he plays mind games with opponents and he's the craftiest defender I've seen in a while..

Karl Malone was dirty..so was Stockton, Rodman, the bad boy Pistons and A LOT of great players, and great defenders like Bowen..the reason Bruce gets called out is because of the pussified league we currently have..where pussies like the Phoenix Suns complain about our style, because they can't handle it..like the Celtics did last year, and everybody complained about how they play..

I loved Brent Barry as a Spur, but like timVP, I dislike him right now..he's a great fit for the Rockets with his injuries though..

completely deck
11-15-2008, 02:25 PM

2. I'm not sure the context in which Brent said it. It's easy to imagine him saying it as a joke and the Rocket douchebags latching on to it.

Holy crap you're not joking. Living in Houston and being forced to watch them is awful.

Every foul committed on the Rockets was because a Spur flopped, according to Houston announcers.

At one point they were stating Barry, Alston, and Battier being out is worse than us not having Tony and Manu. :lmao

The list could go on and on but I really don't have the time. I wish there were an option to mute the announcers and just listen to the game.

hater
11-15-2008, 02:37 PM
I'll like Barry again after he retires. But leaving for the Rockets when the Spurs were offering the same amount of money because he got wooed by Adleman is weak sauce.

this is BS. SPurs org tried to trade Barry like 8 times during the last 3 years. Twice he was wrongly told he was traded. He was even traded to Sonics and even came back to help out last year. He has been nothing but a true professional.

I don't know what he said about Bowen but I would not critizize him for going to the Rockets. He was nothing but great to the SPurs while here.

urunobili
11-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I don't know what he said about Bowen but I would not critizize him for going to the Rockets. He was nothing but great to the SPurs while here.
Rox game broadcasters said last night:
"Even Brent Barry admitted that Bruce Bowen is a dirty player" they spent 1/4 of the game trashing him and calling all Spurs floppers etc...

i dunno how the league doesn't punish the negative impact of the announcers... they r getting WAY too vocal and generating a lot of negative opinion in stuff they dont even know about... truly pathetic... it is super annoying to listen to this fuckers trash our players the way they do... they even used the word "bitch" which i have almost never heard on a sports broadcast before during the game... lame...

and BTW fuck Directv for showing the Spurs games 3/4 of the time with the "away" commentators on league pass... i wish i had someone with my Slingbox in SAN not in PHX as i do right now...

HarlemHeat37
11-15-2008, 02:57 PM
well other teams fans feel the same way about Sean Elliott, and I can't blame them..he's one of the biggest homers in the NBA..

most local announcers are homers, you just have to deal with it..

it was funny listening to the Rockets announcers when they melted down though..although they probably see that often with chokers like McGrady and Yao on the team..

MarHill
11-15-2008, 03:21 PM
this is BS. SPurs org tried to trade Barry like 8 times during the last 3 years. Twice he was wrongly told he was traded. He was even traded to Sonics and even came back to help out last year. He has been nothing but a true professional.

I would agree that Brent was great here in SA. However, as a pro athlete he knows (or should know) that he could get traded at any time. If Allen Iverson or Shaq can get traded then he certainly could. That is a part of the business. He may have some hurt feelings and that's understandable. But he was paid very well and did get 2 championship rings while he was a Spur. I bet he wouldn't want to give anyone of those rings up...for more money on another team at that time.

Maybe Bruce shouldn't have called him out...but it is much ado about nothing.

I like Brent very much as a Spur....but he was injured a bit during his time as a Spur. So he is a Rocket now...good luck to him.

:flag:

duncan228
11-15-2008, 03:25 PM
most local announcers are homers, you just have to deal with it..

All color guys are biased, it's the nature of the beast. But if the announcers are somewhat balanced I like getting another team's call, it's a good way to see how others think about our team. The ones that are too much to listen to I mute.

What I don't like is the seemingly random way League Pass gives us feeds. I've had it for years and I don't think I've gotten Spurs call anywhere near half the time. I'd like to see some kind of established system, like we get the home team's call every game. I think that would be a better balance.

timvp
11-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Bowen talks crap about everyone who chooses to leave and that is why I lost all respect for him. Not everyone. Almost every time Bowen criticizes a player for leaving, it's because the player decided to leave for more money. Considering that Bowen has repeatedly given up money to stay with the Spurs, I'd say that is a valid reason for criticism.

this is BS. SPurs org tried to trade Barry like 8 times during the last 3 years. Twice he was wrongly told he was traded.If you ware going to call BS, you should probably get at least a couple facts straight in your subsequent sentences. Barry was here four years and I'd love to know the second time he was wrongly told he was traded. Making things up?

I don't know what he said about Bowen but I would not critizize him for going to the Rockets. He was nothing but great to the SPurs while here.Bowen has a right to criticize, as Barry has a right to call Bowen dirty. And like I said, I'll like Barry again once he joins a new team or retires.

But if you leave the Spurs for the Rockets, Lakers or Jazz when the Spurs want you back, you deserve to lose your Spurs Faithful card for the duration of the contract.

:hat

baseline bum
11-15-2008, 04:10 PM
I think Calvin may have actually been the most objective one of them.

I used to live in Houston, and watched most Rockets games. It seemed like every game they were losing he'd start saying "Remember when Dream was killing the league back in 95?". I hope Sean doesn't start acting like that in 5 years.

tmtcsc
11-15-2008, 05:20 PM

And he is dirty.

Fans are hilarious. You all loved Brent when he took less money to rejoin the Spurs. When he chooses to do what is best for him basketball-wise, you hate him.

What's your point ? 10 F'ing Championship rings and he becomes a turn coat. Loser.

tmtcsc
11-15-2008, 05:21 PM
All color guys are biased, it's the nature of the beast. But if the announcers are somewhat balanced I like getting another team's call, it's a good way to see how others think about our team. The ones that are too much to listen to I mute.

What I don't like is the seemingly random way League Pass gives us feeds. I've had it for years and I don't think I've gotten Spurs call anywhere near half the time. I'd like to see some kind of established system, like we get the home team's call every game. I think that would be a better balance.

Racist. :p:

urunobili
11-15-2008, 05:40 PM
But if you leave the Spurs for the Rockets, Lakers or Jazz when the Spurs want you back, you deserve to lose your Spurs Faithful card for the duration of the contract.

if you become a Sun you don't? :wow

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 06:40 PM
The Milwaukee TV crew was really good the other night. After Duncan completely charged into Bogut and was given a free throw, the next time play when Udoka got pushed for the Bucks turnover I expected those guys to melt down. Instead they watched the replay and said "They got that call right". They were also very complimentary of the Spurs through a hard-fought game. Announcers like that make the game much more enjoyable than a homer.

Fpoonsie
11-16-2008, 12:33 PM

+1 (minus some of the statistical exaggeration)

Brent had every right to leave (as much as it pained me to see) after sittin on the bench AND the trading block for much of his Spurs career. I'll always root for this guy, regardless of the team he plays for.

Oh, Gee!!
11-16-2008, 12:44 PM
dirty is the new committed

Whisky Dog
11-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Barry is now what Obama will be in the near future.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 12:54 PM
+1 (minus some of the statistical exaggeration)

Brent had every right to leave (as much as it pained me to see) after sittin on the bench AND the trading block for much of his Spurs career. I'll always root for this guy, regardless of the team he plays for.

If Barry wanted more time on the floor and off the trading block, he should probably have played to his potential and taken shots when open. He got a lot more love from the Spurs fans than he deserved, and I don't think he ever realized it.

manufor3
11-16-2008, 01:05 PM

:lol

implacable44
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
http://slamonline.com/online/nba/2008/11/brent-barry-on-bruce-bowen-hes-a-very-dirty-player/

hater
11-17-2008, 03:20 PM
that rocket commentator, what a gay fuckin asshole to put Barry on spot like that.

anyway bowen is a little dirty, so what. So is steve nash, so was stockton, malone, etc, etc.

Keep doing what you doing Bruce.

lurker23
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109775

mikekim
11-17-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm pretty sure the quote was taken grossly out of context.

Well...at least that's my hunch. That rocket announcer sounds like an idiot.

Barry did probably say it though. I don't doubt that...but I'm sure there was some explanatory context.

hater
11-17-2008, 03:36 PM

So by your logic, we should talk shit about spurs when they trade one of their players to the same teams and these players don't want to be traded :rolleyes

weak. If we are going to give Spurs trading away players the "it's just a business decision" excuse, then we should give players that same excuse as well.

So as to barry going to Houston "it's just a business decision". live with it

ploto
11-17-2008, 04:18 PM
If we are going to give Spurs trading away players the "it's just a business decision" excuse, then we should give players that same excuse as well.

AMEN. Not 2 or 3 weeks after Bruce talked about it being a business decision for the Spurs to trade Rasho, he publicly criticized Nazr for signing with Detroit when the Spurs never even made him an offer.

I have never understood why fans defend ownership in sports- I guess it has to do with their fandom of the team. They excuse whatever the team does for its benefit but then fault players when they care about their own concerns.

As to Brent, you really think he wanted to sit on the bench and collect another ring to which he felt he hardly contributed- or maybe he would rather play for a team and contribute to its success.

FromWayDowntown
11-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't really care where Brent went and don't really begrudge him the comment -- he's entitled to his opinions, no matter how right on or silly they might be -- but I think the source of all of this is both hilarious and troubling.

The Rockets' announcing team has spent years bemoaning all of the crap the Spurs supposedly get away with -- last year, after the Spurs beat the Rockets in a game that McGrady missed, Bullard offered up some gem like "If McGrady plays and gets his usual 30" the Rockets would have just added another 30 to their tally and run away with the game. It's asinine. But I wonder if Brent said something in confidence -- or said soemthing to be agreeable -- never expecting it to be broadcast around the world. You'd think that if Bullard learned anything from his semester trying to move up from Rockets' broadcaster to ESPN talking head, it would have been the sanctity of sources. But perhaps not. I also wonder if Bullard will be able to get anything out of Brent from here on.

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 04:40 PM
It doesn't really lend any truth to the belief that Bowen's a dirty player when the only guy that's saying it is a scorned teammate. Hell hath no fury...

Taco
11-17-2008, 04:48 PM
http://slamonline.com/online/nba/2008/11/brent-barry-on-bruce-bowen-hes-a-very-dirty-player/

VIDEO OF H-TOWN BROADCAST

timvp
11-17-2008, 05:13 PM
If we are going to give Spurs trading away players the "it's just a business decision" excuse, then we should give players that same excuse as well. Um, since when do Spurs fans universally accept the "it's just business decision" when it comes to front office decisions? You didn't notice all the Spurs fans mad about the Scola trade?

So as to barry going to Houston "it's just a business decision". live with itUsing that logic, no Spurs fan should be able to ever criticize a transaction that saves the Spurs money.

timvp
11-17-2008, 05:17 PM
AMEN. Not 2 or 3 weeks after Bruce talked about it being a business decision for the Spurs to trade Rasho, he publicly criticized Nazr for signing with Detroit when the Spurs never even made him an offer. :lmao @ ploto standing up for Nazr.

I have never understood why fans defend ownership in sportsSpurs fans more often than not criticize Holt as opposed to defend him.

- I guess it has to do with their fandom of the team.Considering that most of your fandom seems to revolve around players rather than teams, I'm guessing either side of that coin doesn't make much sense to you.

They excuse whatever the team does for its benefit but then fault players when they care about their own concerns.Yes, Spurs fans were celebrating when Holt saved $7M by trading Scola.

Good call.

As to Brent, you really think he wanted to sit on the bench and collect another ring to which he felt he hardly contributed- or maybe he would rather play for a team and contribute to its success.He could do whatever he pleased. And he did. It doesn't mean Spurs fans have to unilaterally accept it. Just like Spurs fans were free to be upset by the Scola trade even though it made "business sense".

T Park
11-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Ploto, as always, fails again.

ploto
11-17-2008, 07:07 PM
:lmao @ ploto standing up for Nazr.
I did not like the way Nazr was treated at the end. That summer's discontent was not all about Rasho.

Considering that most of your fandom seems to revolve around players rather than teams, I'm guessing either side of that coin doesn't make much sense to you.
I have openly admitted I care about people and not corporate entities.

He could do whatever he pleased. And he did. It doesn't mean Spurs fans have to unilaterally accept it. Just like Spurs fans were free to be upset by the Scola trade even though it made "business sense".

As long as both sides have equal regard, I have no problem with it- but typically, players get much more hatred for being "traitors" and owners get a pass because it is a business. Well, if it simply a business to the owners, then it is simply a job to the players.

timvp
11-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I did not like the way Nazr was treated at the end. That summer's discontent was not all about Rasho.You bashed Nazr more than anyone on the board. And then you didn't like the way he was treated?

Doesn't add up to me.

I have openly admitted I care about people and not corporate entities. Then how is it your right to tell fans of teams how to or how to not react? That'd be like me telling you how to properly root for certain players.

As long as both sides have equal regard, I have no problem with it- but typically, players get much more hatred for being "traitors" and owners get a pass because it is a business. Well, if it simply a business to the owners, then it is simply a job to the players.Holt has garnered more hatred than any player on the team for leaving. Spurs fans on a whole didn't care that Nazr left. They didn't care that Hedo left. They cared that Barry left but the blame wasn't aimed at Barry, it was aimed at the front office for not keeping him.

It seems to me that you are fighting a battle that doesn't exist. Prior to this thread, almost no Spurs fan in existence was mad at Barry for leaving, while there were plenty mad at the Spurs for letting him go.

Solid D
11-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Meanwhile, Bowen was pulling on Quincy Douby's arm a little bit, trying to keep the lane open for Timmy on the winning basket against the Kings yesterday. :smokin

Lots of players screen with their hands in the league, though.

ShoogarBear
11-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Um, since when do Spurs fans universally accept the "it's just business decision" when it comes to front office decisions?

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/malik_rose-arton21168-240x240.jpg

Killakobe81
11-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Bowen IS DIRTY great guy off the court ...but i guy you want to slug on ...Come on now Spur fans ...Ray Allen and Barry are not none to be jerks (though allen has moments) and they are among some of the players who feel he is dirty ...on a side not when i still play pickup people say I play like (especially on D) like Bowen or Raja and I HATE THAT ...I am not dirty I just play REAL aggresive defense BUT I know it does frustrate the hell out of gunners ...so take those complaints with a grain of salt ...

Kobe never Calls Bowen dirty he gives him mad props everytime unless someone calls him a Kobe stopper he HATES that term ...

easjer
11-18-2008, 01:08 AM
The Milwaukee TV crew was really good the other night. After Duncan completely charged into Bogut and was given a free throw, the next time play when Udoka got pushed for the Bucks turnover I expected those guys to melt down. Instead they watched the replay and said "They got that call right". They were also very complimentary of the Spurs through a hard-fought game. Announcers like that make the game much more enjoyable than a homer.

The Clips crew tonight was really good, very enjoyable.

Sean may indeed be a homer, but he's willing to admit when the Spurs get away with something, and he's equally willing to call them out when they suck. I appreciate that.

I don't mind local team's commentators being less than objective, but when you clearly have your head shoved up your ass, then I can't stand it. Houston is among the top 5 worst broadcast teams.

ClingingMars
11-18-2008, 01:49 AM
dirty is the new committed

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-18-2008, 02:56 AM
Unfortunate words from Barry, but Bowen is a little dirty (not as dirty as they say, but he's certainly no angel), so I can forgive Barry that. But I didn't know that Dingle turned down the same money from the Spurs to go to Houston! WTF, Mango Tree?

I still enjoyed Barry as a Spur, but those facts tarnish his memory a bit.

angel_luv
11-18-2008, 01:25 PM

:lol :lol

Radiosparks
11-18-2008, 02:15 PM

Indeed!

Tek_XX
11-18-2008, 03:01 PM
I never thought Barry was that funny.

SenorSpur
11-18-2008, 03:05 PM

Couldn't agree more. I like it when the broadcast team for the opposition is fair and unbiased. The Clippers TV crew were also the same way. Very complimentary of most all the Spurs - especially Duncan and Finley. Of course, they'd never heard of George Hill or IUPUI. They didn't even know what the letters stood for.