PDA

View Full Version : How's that Jason Kidd trade working out, Dallas?

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 01:18 AM
:lmao

BUMP
11-15-2008, 01:20 AM
a year ago forum

Findog
11-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Kidd is actually playing well, dumbass. I'd rather have a much younger Harris, but Kidd is not the problem with the current team.

You're just not very good at this, are you?

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 01:24 AM
a year ago forum

It still makes me laugh.

dirk4mvp
11-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Kidd is actually playing well, dumbass. I'd rather have a much younger Harris, but Kidd is not the problem with the current team.

He's constantly getting his ass owned by his own kind, so he comes to the NBA forum and post uninteresting stuff like this.

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 01:26 AM

Hmmm.....seems I remember a time before the Kidd trade when the Mavs were contenders. I guess the other big change that helped you out was getting rid of Avery. But I guess that's not one of the problems either.
:rollin

Findog
11-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Hmmm.....seems I remember a time before the Kidd trade when the Mavs were contenders. I guess the other big change that helped you out was getting rid of Avery. But I guess that's not one of the problems either.
:rollin

Our team sucks. So does yours. But oh yeah, FOUR RINGS FAGGOT!!!!

dirk4mvp
11-15-2008, 01:29 AM

What team has 4 rings? When was this?

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 01:29 AM
He's constantly getting his ass owned by his own kind, so he comes to the NBA forum and post uninteresting stuff like this.

:downspin:

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 01:31 AM

Our team just beat the Rockets even though we had no Tony Parker and no Manu Ginobili. I see no suck in that.

Findog
11-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Our team just beat the Rockets even though we had no Tony Parker and no Manu Ginobili. I see no suck in that.

FOUR RINGS, FAGGOT!!!!

Findog
11-15-2008, 01:34 AM
What team has 4 rings? When was this?

It's an urban legend. It got posted on a few blogs and spread from there. Kind of like those retarded "Obama is a secret Muslim" email chains. There is no such team as the San Antonio Spurs, and they certainly haven't been around to win no 4 rings, bitch!

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 01:36 AM
FOUR RINGS, FAGGOT!!!!

:sleep

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 01:41 AM
look down three threads before starting a new one forum

exstatic
11-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Our team sucks. So does yours.
Are two All Star guards going to drop into your lap next month? No? Sucks to be you....

dirk4mvp
11-15-2008, 11:37 AM
That's not going to save them. A career game that Parker will never duplicate again barely got them past the T'Wolves, so I wouldn't expect some huge turnaround once they get back.

Black
11-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't think someone named dirk4mvp should be talking baddly about the Spurs.

They're still 100 times better then the Mavs. You claim to be a fan of the Grizzlies? What kind of pussy has a name of Dirk4mvp, and yet doesn't root for them any more because they suck?

Your opinion should be voided.

Shank
11-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Good one, Black. 18 posts in = pure gold.

dirk4mvp
11-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Good one, Black. 18 posts in = pure gold.

He's off to a blazing start.

Findog
11-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Are two All Star guards going to drop into your lap next month? No? Sucks to be you....

You got nothing but D-Leaguers surrounding them.

FOUR RINGS, FAGGOT!!!!!

jack sommerset
11-15-2008, 01:26 PM
I really wish people will stop saying 4 rings.

mavsfan1000
11-15-2008, 01:28 PM
I really wish people will stop saying 4 rings.
Yeah it is annoying. Oh yeah a mavs fan is actually saying it. :wtf

dirk4mvp
11-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah it is annoying. Oh yeah a mavs fan is actually saying it. :wtf

Are you one of those false believers who actually think the spurs have 4 rings?

hater
11-15-2008, 02:39 PM
it's not even fun to laugh at mavs anymore. they kinda pathetic at this point.

Flight3107
11-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah Kidd has been playing real terrible, its all his fault the Mavs suck.

GREAT POST

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah Kidd has been playing real terrible, its all his fault the Mavs suck.

GREAT POST

Harris has been awfullly good, as the player the Mavs could have signed with the MLE might have been.

dirk4mvp
11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Harris has been awfullly good, as the player the Mavs could have signed with the MLE might have been.

Does it really matter?

Mavs let Nash walk and he won 2 MVPs.

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Does it really matter?

Mavs let Nash walk and he won 2 MVPs.

It doesn't matter anywhere but as a response to the post I was responding to. If someone's going to take up the argument that Kidd's presence on the team isn't the reason they suck, then they might expect a response about Harris' play or the $5M they spent to get Diop back.

dirk4mvp
11-15-2008, 08:58 PM
They'd still be terrible with Harris right now.

mavsfan1000
11-15-2008, 09:14 PM
They'd still be terrible with Harris right now.
No they wouldn't. They would be much better. Every time Harris got injured, Dallas started to suck. They thought Kidd would prevent the suckage but it didn't work that way. Harris was a very important prescence to this team. His speed caused a lot of havoc on both sides of the court. The stats don't say it all.

tomtom
11-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Wow and Harris continues to dominate. Whats gotten into him!

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 11:21 PM
No they wouldn't. They would be much better. Every time Harris got injured, Dallas started to suck. They thought Kidd would prevent the suckage but it didn't work that way. Harris was a very important prescence to this team. His speed caused a lot of havoc on both sides of the court. The stats don't say it all.

Are your for real? It's so nice to see that there are Mavs fans who not totally blind homers.

It's sad how many fans there are who can't even imagine being critical of ANYTHING about their teams.

Of course, my team is perfect, with absolutely NO PROBLEMS, so I can't relate to you at all...

dirk4mvp
11-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Are your for real? It's so nice to see that there are Mavs fans who not totally blind homers.

It's sad how many fans there are who can't even imagine being critical of ANYTHING about their teams.

Of course, my team is perfect, with absolutely NO PROBLEMS, so I can't relate to you at all...

1) Mavsfan1000 is a rocketfan

2) Find an optimistic thread about the Mavs made by a Mavs fan recently.

peskypesky
11-15-2008, 11:30 PM

this is all too freaking confusing. Mavsfan is a Rockets fan. Dirk4MVP is a Grizzlies fan. WTF?

InRareForm
11-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Diop for the MLE, :lol:lol:lol:lol

m33p0
11-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Wow and Harris continues to dominate. Whats gotten into him!
a new team complete with shiny new teammates (batteries included!).

mavsfan1000
11-15-2008, 11:37 PM

What is there to be optimistic about when it comes to the mavs? I was much more upbeat when Harris was here than Monosylab1k. I felt we had bad luck to have to face Golden State of all teams. One team that could force our center out of the game.

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:10 AM
It doesn't matter anywhere but as a response to the post I was responding to. If someone's going to take up the argument that Kidd's presence on the team isn't the reason they suck, then they might expect a response about Harris' play or the $5M they spent to get Diop back.

I guess the point is that Kidd is playing better than he did last year under Avery. He is finally doing what he was brought here to do. Of course I'd rather have Harris, but I don't think you can pin 2-7 on Kidd. He's (gulp) been our best player.

mavsfan1000
11-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Kidd just isn't a good fit. He can still put up good stats when we run but the 4th quarters is when we stop running. Thus he is forced to be a half court point guard. That is when we get in trouble as he rarely penetrates. He can't shoot on the run either. All he does is protect the ball since he doesn't have high confidence in his dribbling and penetrating skills. This means that someone else must make things happen. Other teams know that and they key on that. Usually leaving Kidd not covered but making it more crowded for Dirk, Terry, or Howard. Add to the fact that Terry, Stackhouse, Dirk, Howard, and Diop have lost a step and here we are at 2-7.

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Dude, the offense bogs down when Kidd hits the bench. Like I said, Harris was much younger and will be a player in this league while Kidd is a color analyst on TNT, but Kidd is playing well for us.

Shank
11-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Kidd is fine. It's the black hole of a backup option at PG that's killing the team. We can thank Donnie for the JJ Barea investment on that one. Fucker wouldn't even be in the league if he wasn't on the Mavs roster.

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Kidd is fine. It's the black hole of a backup option at PG that's killing the team. We can thank Donnie for the JJ Barea investment on that one. Fucker wouldn't even be in the league if he wasn't on the Mavs roster.

Are they gonna seriously continue to roll with this garbage? What are you hearing?

Shank
11-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Are they gonna seriously continue to roll with this garbage? What are you hearing?

What you've been seeing, in the way of rotations and options to run the point, is what you're going to get for the time-being. Unless there's a trade in the works or something falls into their laps, what else can you do? Barea is fucking worthless, yet they deemed it necessary to lock him up.

Terry will run it when Kidd is out. Stack might lead a couple plays. Aside from that, it's the possibility of a Marbury or a move with a PG lumped in (ie - Sergio Rodriguez or Felton). But those are more pipe dreams than anything.
:lobt2:

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:32 AM
What you've been seeing, in the way of rotations and options to run the point, is what you're going to get for the time-being. Unless there's a trade in the works or something falls into their laps, what else can you do? Barea is fucking worthless, yet they deemed it necessary to lock him up.

Terry will run it when Kidd is out. Stack might lead a couple plays. Aside from that, it's the possibility of a Marbury or a move with a PG lumped in (ie - Sergio Rodriguez or Felton). But those are more pipe dreams than anything.
:lobt2:

I was wondering about the roster more broadly. What about completely going in a different direction, radically altering the roster? Trading Dirk in a KG-Jefferson-like move means tanking the next cycle and being young and bad for the next 2-4 years. That's one option. There's also moving everybody BUT Dirk and Kidd. That's another option. And then there's continuing to tweak and more or less going with the status quo. Are you telling me that they're not giving serious consideration to either moving Dirk or radically altering his supporting cast? Because if it's about business and keeping butts in the seats at the AAC, that would rule out trading Dirk or continuing to go with the status quo.

Xylus
11-16-2008, 12:35 AM
STFU Findog.

The Spurs have 4 rings, which means the Kidd trade was horrible. Idiot.

mavsfan1000
11-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I like the youth movement idea. Start Green and Diop for the rest of the year to get more energy and youth on the floor. Bench Stackhouse for the rest of the year. Play Wright as backup 2. If that doesn't work than go full out youth movement. Barea, Wright, Green, Bass, and Diop. lol In other words, tanking.

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:37 AM
STFU Findog.

The Spurs have 4 rings, which means the Kidd trade was horrible. Idiot.

FOUR RINGS, FAGGOT!!!!

Xylus
11-16-2008, 12:38 AM
FOUR RINGS, FAGGOT!!!!

You're just jealous because your team is ringless.

:lol :downspin: :toast :lmao :rollin :lmao :bking

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:40 AM
You're just jealous because your team is ringless.

:lol :downspin: :toast :lmao :rollin :lmao :bking

You're exactly right. Time to jump on the Spurs bandwagon, since they've got so many more championships coming down the pipe soon.

dirk4mvp
I'm so sick and tired of hearing about how the spurs have 4 rings. Who told you all these stupid lies?

Xylus
THE MAVS' TROPHY CASE:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/GIANTSREAGLEKILLERS/Trophy_Case.jpg

ROTFLMAOUMARDFOLOLFK

Shank
11-16-2008, 12:41 AM
I was wondering about the roster more broadly. What about completely going in a different direction, radically altering the roster? Trading Dirk in a KG-Jefferson-like move means tanking the next cycle and being young and bad for the next 2-4 years. That's one option. There's also moving everybody BUT Dirk and Kidd. That's another option. And then there's continuing to tweak and more or less going with the status quo. Are you telling me that they're not giving serious consideration to either moving Dirk or radically altering his supporting cast? Because if it's about business and keeping butts in the seats at the AAC, that would rule out trading Dirk or continuing to go with the status quo.

You know Cuban is too close to his players. It would damn near kill him to trade Dirk. They'd have to be blown away by some amazing, uneven, over-the-top-trade to consider moving him.

Kidd and Green should be safe, too. Terry close to that same standing. Everyone else should be considered fair game. I think it plays out until at least December 15th. They're holding onto the belief that they just need a bit more time, they're just not playing well as individuals or as a team and that things just need to shake out a bit. Once that hits, then we'll see some wins pile up. Or, at least, that's the hope. They might also be too stupid to see the writing on the wall - that this roster needs an overhaul before things can progress.

Teams will take guys like Bass, Stack and his contract. Diop is serviceable and has a movable contract. Barea needs to fuck off. Wright isn't doing what was promised. I guess what I'm saying, obviously, is that there is a lot of shit on that roster.

dirk4mvp
You're exactly right. Time to jump on the Spurs bandwagon, since they've got so many more championships coming down the pike soon.

Well since some Spurfans are actually trying to compare Roger friggin Mason to Maverick's Finley, I smell a Spurs 3peat :lobt::lobt::lobt:

Findog
THE MAVS' TROPHY CASE:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/GIANTSREAGLEKILLERS/Trophy_Case.jpg

ROTFLMAOUMARDFOLOLFK

Typical Spurs fan:

http://img.stern.de/_content/58/41/584102/3_600.jpg

Shank
11-16-2008, 12:42 AM
_irk No-win-ski and the _allas Mavericks!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Xylus
11-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Allas Mavericks! Allas Mavericks!

Findog
_irk No-win-ski and the _allas Mavericks!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

More like Dork NoTrophyski.

Get it? See what I did there? Get it? See what I did there?

dirk4mvp
lol, dwyane wade

lol, warriors

Xylus
11-16-2008, 12:44 AM
How's that Nash lowball working out, Dallas?

2 MVPS!!!

dirk4mvp
11-16-2008, 12:44 AM
More like Dork NoTrophyski.

Get it? See what I did there? Get it? See what I did there?

Some spurfan once told me his name was Dyke NoDickski.

mavsfan1000
11-16-2008, 12:45 AM
This thread is getting pretty lame quick.

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:47 AM
You know Cuban is too close to his players. It would damn near kill him to trade Dirk. They'd have to be blown away by some amazing, uneven, over-the-top-trade to consider moving him.

Kidd and Green should be safe, too. Terry close to that same standing. Everyone else should be considered fair game. I think it plays out until at least December 15th. They're holding onto the belief that they just need a bit more time, they're just not playing well as individuals or as a team and that things just need to shake out a bit. Once that hits, then we'll see some wins pile up. Or, at least, that's the hope. They might also be too stupid to see the writing on the wall - that this roster needs an overhaul before things can progress.

Teams will take guys like Bass, Stack and his contract. Diop is serviceable and has a movable contract. Barea needs to fuck off. Wright isn't doing what was promised. I guess what I'm saying, obviously, is that there is a lot of shit on that roster.

The beginning of the season is chock full of tough teams, measuring sticks if you will. Sure, this team can probably take care of bidness against Minnesota, Charlotte and Kevin Durant's team, but you don't run into them in April and May, assuming we even make the playoffs at this point. They've already gotten all the evidence they need that this roster is not suited for playoff success, if they can even make it there. This is so frustrating!

My theory is that every team goes through cycles, and you can't sustain the same roster for more than one cycle, good or bad. Some of the core guys you depend on get older and lose their skill sets, sign elsewhere as FAs because you don't want to pay them, etc. This roster has been through a cycle together. Some of the guys on this team have declined in skill (Terry, Stack, even Dirk looks to be on the front edge of a decline), Howard has gone way off the reservation, and at this point, they're easy to scout because everybody knows what they're getting from Dallas at this point. They really either need to hit reset on the playstation (trade Dirk) or get him a brand new supporting cast. The status quo is a dead end.

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:49 AM
How's that Nash lowball working out, Dallas?

2 MVPS!!!

Perennial second-round exit.

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/72/95172-11.jpg

At least that team could win a playoff series.

Xylus
11-16-2008, 12:57 AM
LOL.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/papasagg/nash_nowitzki_drunk.jpg

The Franchise
11-16-2008, 12:58 AM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/72/95172-11.jpg

Cuban looks like he's enjoying the guys company a little to much. :lol

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Here's Seven Seconds or Less Steve Nash. LOL:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/410186992_f2cd0f28e8_o.jpg

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Cuban looks like he's enjoying the guys company a little to much. :lol

He always looks like that.

The Franchise
11-16-2008, 01:00 AM
Here's Seven Seconds or Less Steve Nash. LOL:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/410186992_f2cd0f28e8_o.jpg

Where was he going with this?

Findog
11-16-2008, 01:01 AM
"Hey Salvatore, you are a smelly pirate hooker! Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island???"

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/240/444140822_fdff713ba7_o.jpg

Xylus
11-16-2008, 01:01 AM

That was the night when he won the first of his 2 MVPS!!!!!!

Findog
11-16-2008, 01:02 AM

I'm guessing this was taken at the Grapevine Bar in Dallas.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-16-2008, 01:16 AM
"Hey Salvatore, you are a smelly pirate hooker! Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island???"

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/240/444140822_fdff713ba7_o.jpg

peskypesky
11-16-2008, 02:15 AM
I'm so sick and tired of hearing about how the spurs have 4 rings. Who told you all these stupid lies?

Spurs have 4 rings.

Suns and Mavs TOGETHER have...
:flag:

Findog
11-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Congratulations on playing the 4 rings card in an un ironic fashion! You, sir, are trenchant and clever...

AC#21_TD ERA
11-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Congratulations on playing the 4 rings card in an un ironic fashion! You, sir, are trenchant and clever...

Congratulations on trading for Jason Kidd. :toast. :lmao:lmao:lmao
YOUR WINDOW IS CLOSED. :hat

Flight3107
11-16-2008, 06:54 AM

:lmao:rollin:gpower:flypig:guin

galvatron3000
11-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Even his Homie Gary Payton called him out on NBATV. Wow, Kidd's decline is real but he's still better than alot of bench players, he can definately lead the second unit. Seriously, his biggest decline os on the defensive end of the floor.

dirk4mvp
11-16-2008, 12:32 PM
The Spurs window is closes just as much as the Maverick's is.

Is it any wonder the only people taking this thread seriously is spurfans?

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I guess the point is that Kidd is playing better than he did last year under Avery. He is finally doing what he was brought here to do. Of course I'd rather have Harris, but I don't think you can pin 2-7 on Kidd. He's (gulp) been our best player.

I completely agree with that point; I wouldn't put this on Kidd by any stretch. However, in the very narrow hypothetical context to which I was replying, some might consider that having Harris AND Diop AND whoever they might have signed for the MLE (maybe more than one player) could have been an improvement over just Kidd.

Another interesting point is that the Mavs seem to have been perceived by some within the organization as a complete team missing only one critical piece in order to become a championship contender. Unless their play improves, they are well on their way to proving that perception to have been incorrect.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Where exactly does the perception come from that Barea sucks, btw?

manufor3
11-16-2008, 01:10 PM

at least the spurs have an excuse, the mavs, well, the mavs just suck this year

Findog
11-16-2008, 02:08 PM
at least the spurs have an excuse, the mavs, well, the mavs just suck this year

FOUR RINGS, FAGGOT!!!!

Findog
11-16-2008, 02:09 PM

FOUR RINGS, FAGGOT!!!!!

AC#21_TD ERA
11-17-2008, 12:48 AM
FOUR RINGS, FAGGOT!!!!!

Keep mentioning the four rings it brings back great memories of glory and openning shampaigne bottles. How does feel to win a championship? Oh how rude of me, I'm sorry that I forgot that you were 2 games away from opening a bottle of champaigne.

:toast:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:.

Findog
11-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Keep mentioning the four rings it brings back great memories of glory and openning shampaigne bottles. How does feel to win a championship? Oh how rude of me, I'm sorry that I forgot that you were 2 games away from opening a bottle of champaigne.

:toast:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:.

FOUR RINGS, YOU FUCKING PUSSY!!!!!

Shank
11-17-2008, 12:57 AM
So, is it shampaigne or champaigne?

Findog
11-17-2008, 01:00 AM
So, is it shampaigne or champaigne?

There's no sex in AC#21_TD ERA's shampaigne room

mystargtr34
11-17-2008, 01:08 AM
:lol damn this thread is pretty funny.

Harris
MLE
Howard
Dirk
Damp

Terry
Green
Stack
Bass
Diop

That would of been nice with Avery there.

BlackSwordsMan
11-17-2008, 01:25 AM
:lol damn this thread is pretty funny.

Harris
MLE
Howard
Dirk
Damp

Terry
Green
Stack
Bass
Diop

That would of been nice with Avery there.

FOUR RINGS FAGGOT

z0sa
11-17-2008, 02:29 AM
five rings this year bitches :smokin

Ghazi
11-17-2008, 03:36 AM
Avery < Carlisle is all I know.

Regarding the Kidd trade, I like Kidd, and he's been great this year, but I do miss Devin's slashing sometimes.

Anywho, we needed a shakeup. Kidd is the better PG right now, and there's no evidence that our previous core was championship caliber. 2006 was kinda fluky.

mystargtr34
11-17-2008, 04:57 AM
Avery < Carlisle is all I know.

Regarding the Kidd trade, I like Kidd, and he's been great this year, but I do miss Devin's slashing sometimes.

Anywho, we needed a shakeup. Kidd is the better PG right now, and there's no evidence that our previous core was championship caliber. 2006 was kinda fluky.

Im not sure, Kidd is playing really well right now, but i think Devin Harris was more suited to the personell the Mavs had. Kidd is good if you surround him with shooters and good atheltic big man - but the Mavs entire line up is made up of scorers, rather than shooters.

Dirk
Howard
Terry

Even Green

There all more comfortable with the ball in their hands. I dont know, Kidd is playing great, and he certaintly isnt the major problem at this point, but i thought it was a dumb trade before it happened when the rumblings were going on, i just couldnt see how it was going to workout for the Mavs. They still have pieces to make it work but theyl need to score a trade of some sort or make a quality signing next season.

Bandwagon Fan
11-17-2008, 08:02 AM
:lmao Best thread ever. God its hilarious to watch the pathetic argue with the more pathetic. We have the two borderline playoff contenders fighting over who gets to win the special olympics. Lakers, Houston, shoot, even Suns fans, enjoy the show, theyll be here all season :hat.

anakha
11-17-2008, 08:20 AM
:lmao Best thread ever. God its hilarious to watch the pathetic argue with the more pathetic. We have the two borderline playoff contenders fighting over who gets to win the special olympics. Lakers, Houston, shoot, even Suns fans, enjoy the show, theyll be here all season :hat.

Extra Stout, is that you again? :lol

DaDakota
11-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I told you so....

;)

DD

peskypesky
11-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Kidd is good if you surround him with shooters and good atheltic big man

No duh! Who the fuck wouldn't be good if surrounded by shooters and good athletic big men?

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 04:23 PM

No duh! Who the fuck wouldn't be good if surrounded by shooters and good athletic big men?

Harris is doing pretty well and he's surrounded by neither.