PDA

View Full Version : NBA2k9

Brutalis
11-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Just wanted to throw my two cents in. I love the interface, graphics, and everything to do about this game. I just dislike the game play. Some players hit from anywhere, some 3P shooters hit every time, and I am very tired of beating the defense with Tony only to get blocked or miss an easy layup. Very unrealistic game play.

What can I do to improve it maybe? What settings do you guys use, and if I put it in rookie will it stop missing easy layups?

(also for 360 players... if I bought a network adapter for the 360 could I connect to the net through my router linked to my satellite?)

BruceBowenFan
11-15-2008, 12:49 PM
i have tried using the adapter on my laptop with no such luck

BacktoBasics
11-15-2008, 02:06 PM
I would register here

www.operationsports.com

go into their forum and they have a section for 2k9

That 2k forum is loaded with rosters and slider setting designed to be more realistic.

Two that use right now that are awesome are

Nogsters Rosters partnered with Futures sliders (you can download both). These guys and many others have spend hours editing the rosters and sliders to make the game play more realistic. Operation Sports has sections dedicated to sliders, rosters, general chat and online gameplay.

I would spend some time there.

BacktoBasics
11-15-2008, 02:12 PM
I would also try adjusting your style of play. I've noticed that this year if you are patient the players are definately more active so you can move around the perimeter and wait to see who's trying to get open and hit them for the spot up. Passing icons have been a big savior for me hitting the open guy. Utilizing tear drops in the lane with my smaller players has made a huge difference. I don't execute layups the same with Parker as I do my bigs.

Also allow the animations to develop more freely. This is something that took me a while to get comfortable with. I would always force drives and fadeaways but if you take better angles and allow the short animations to develop you can really capitalize on them.

Cry Havoc
11-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Just wanted to throw my two cents in. I love the interface, graphics, and everything to do about this game. I just dislike the game play. Some players hit from anywhere, some 3P shooters hit every time, and I am very tired of beating the defense with Tony only to get blocked or miss an easy layup. Very unrealistic game play.

What can I do to improve it maybe? What settings do you guys use, and if I put it in rookie will it stop missing easy layups?

(also for 360 players... if I bought a network adapter for the 360 could I connect to the net through my router linked to my satellite?)

Sliders are your friend.

Makaveli
11-16-2008, 02:29 PM
anyone here got it from the ps3?

ClingingMars
11-17-2008, 01:21 AM
i got it for the 360 and i love it how it is. if you can get Parker to make some jumpers and attract some double teams, the other team is in troubleee

but thanks to Living Rosters, when I play an exhibition game, I have Hill instead :(

-Mars

Cry Havoc
11-17-2008, 01:00 PM

*raises hand*

Dr. Gonzo
11-17-2008, 01:05 PM

I do

sa_kid20
11-17-2008, 06:58 PM
I have it for PS3 also. It would be cool to get a league started here but most people have it for 360 which sucks.