PDA

View Full Version : Billups On Trade: Rip May Not Have Signed Extension

Spurs Brazil
11-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Billups On Trade: Rip May Not Have Signed Extension

Nov 14, 2008 4:17 PM EST
Chauncey Billups claims that he wouldn't have re-signed with the Pistons if he knew a trade was possible and believes the same could be said about Richard Hamilton.

Hamilton officially signed an extension with Detroit on the same day that Billups was dealt to Denver.

"If Rip would have knew that this deal was going on, I just don’t know that he would have signed that extension," Billups said. "It was kind of funny to me that they announced this trade the same day that he signed. I really don’t know. ... It just seemed weird to me. He signed that extension three days before the trade. ... I think it might have been a little different if all this was exposed early."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55443/20081114/billups_on_trade_rip_may_not_have_signed_extension/

JMarkJohns
11-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Why wouldn't Rip want to be on the Pistons? They could pay him the most money and will have the CAP space to contend with a number of teams for a number of top-flight free agents as early as this offseason. They are in better shape for the future post-trade than they were with Billups.