PDA

View Full Version : Why is it.....

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Seeing how it doesn't look like Texas will play like it was against OU and Mizz, and we wont blow out KU, and OU will probably end up going to either the conference and or bcs ntl title game....I have to ask

Why is it that when OU beats us, it propels them into a BCS game, but when we beat OU, they still go to a BCS game, it never matters and we end up playing in the 7-11 1 dollar hotdog bowl

Just isn't right.

cash459
11-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Seeing how it doesn't look like Texas will play like it was against OU and Mizz, and we wont blow out KU, and OU will probably end up going to either the conference and or bcs ntl title game....I have to ask

Why is it that when OU beats us, it propels them into a BCS game, but when we beat OU, they still go to a BCS game, it never matters and we end up playing in the 7-11 1 dollar hotdog bowl

Just isn't right.

:wtf they still have 2 tough games on their schedule...dont go getting ahead of yourself

Horry For 3!
11-15-2008, 03:58 PM
What happens if Okalahoma beats Tech then there is a 3 way tie for first place in Big 12 South. Who goes to the Big 12 Conference game?

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Ou Has Tech And Okie State.........that Is Not An Easy Two Weeks!

cash459
11-15-2008, 04:04 PM
What happens if Okalahoma beats Tech then there is a 3 way tie for first place in Big 12 South. Who goes to the Big 12 Conference game?

If oklahoma beats Tech, then they have to beat okie state for there to be a 3 way tie (assuming tech & ut win out)....

the next tie breaker is BCS standings. so if OU beats tech, they would most likely jump ut in the standings, so more than likely, ou would go to the big 12 championship game

johngateswhiteley
11-15-2008, 04:11 PM
well, i will say it doesn't make any sense that ou is ranked ahead of t.u.. they played on a neutral field and t.u. won by double digits.

btw, CBF, t.u. did blow out kansas...though the game had a chance to be fairly tight. still an impressive win.

Horry For 3!
11-15-2008, 04:13 PM
If oklahoma beats Tech, then they have to beat okie state for there to be a 3 way tie (assuming tech & ut win out)....

the next tie breaker is BCS standings. so if OU beats tech, they would most likely jump ut in the standings, so more than likely, ou would go to the big 12 championship game

OU won't jump UT lol UT beat OU.

cash459
11-15-2008, 04:16 PM

can you read!? i said IF OU beats TECH...i know ut beat ou already, that was over a month ago. The bcs is a "what have you done for me lately" set-up. if ou wins, they will have knocked off the #2 team in the nation and one of the last handful of undefeated teams. ut plays garbage for the rest of the season and will need help to move up & not get leap frogged in the bcs standings. hence, my original comment.

pay attention :bang

johngateswhiteley
11-15-2008, 04:17 PM

thats the whole problem...ou probably will jump t.u.. they are already ahead of t.u. in the coaches poll and i'm telling you right that if they beat tekk and osu, they will jump t.u. for sure....if they remain ahead in the coaches poll. if.

cash459
11-15-2008, 04:18 PM
thats the whole problem...ou probably will jump t.u.. they are already ahead of t.u. in the coaches poll and i'm telling you right that if they beat tekk and osu, they will jump t.u. for sure....if they remain ahead in the coaches poll. if.

thank you. at least someone else can understand this thing

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 04:28 PM
well, i will say it doesn't make any sense that ou is ranked ahead of t.u.. they played on a neutral field and t.u. won by double digits.

btw, CBF, t.u. did blow out kansas...though the game had a chance to be fairly tight. still an impressive win.

Impressive win? Try the 66 points dropped on kansas, in Lawrence, by TECH!

That is an impressive victory!

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2008, 06:10 PM
If there is a three way tie with tech, ou, and ut all 1 loss teams, the BCS rankings will determine the team to go to the conference championship game.
So basically OU wins by losing. No matter how dickslapped they get, they will always come out on top because the computers and voters love them.

Biggems
11-15-2008, 06:27 PM
i am wondering if the 3 teams end up with 1 loss, if they will use the margin of victory tiebreaker.

UT beat OU by 10
TT beat UT by 6

right now OU is -10 and UT is +4.

if OU wins by 14 or less, then I believe UT wins the South. if OU wins by 15+ they win the South.

of course, this is all dependent on OU beating TT and OSU......If OU beats TT, and loses to OSU, then TT will win the South and go to the Big 12 Championship.

chode_regulator
11-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Impressive win? Try the 66 points dropped on kansas, in Lawrence, by TECH!

That is an impressive victory!

yeah and were the red gaiders playing in 30 degree weather in 30 mph wind? im not saying tech isnt good, but give me abreak.
if you wan to go that route, ut beat ou, tech beat ut, but ou will beat tech. so ut is still better.

If there is a three way tie with tech, ou, and ut all 1 loss teams, the BCS rankings will determine the team to go to the conference championship game.
So basically OU wins by losing. No matter how dickslapped they get, they will always come out on top because the computers and voters love them.

yeah kinda like usc. no matter what they always lose to someone and still are always in the hunt.
the big question is, if oklahoma goes to big 12 and loses, does ut go to the natl title? i mean why not? usc and ohio state dont hvae chamjp games so you cant say that bc ut didnt play in the champ game they shouldnt go....

Cant_Be_Faded
11-16-2008, 01:57 AM
usc is finished. They are a sucker wannabe champ in a sucker conference. Not one team in their conference other than usc could beat BAYLOR, and yes I do mean that seriously, look at the way their QB is playing right now, he would ruin those sucker ass pac 10 teams with yards to spare...

Penn St lost to the team that we lost to when we had our worst season in 10 years

I want Alabama to stay undefeated, so a big 12 team faces them...its time to put this SEC bias bull shit to rest.
Every one of you SEC dicksucking dicksuckers give the SEC credit for having such vaunted hailed amazing defenses, yes, our conference could average 15 points a game and the big twelve would be noted as a defensive conference too....fact of the matter is, the SEC is FUCKED this year if they have to play a big twelve team......FUCKED i say
put it on record

Florida is putting up record numbers on those fuckers for the sole reason of them being an elite offensive team. And the big 12 has like 4 elite offensive teams.

As long as OU doesn't end up ahead of UT, I like the matchup of whoever we end up against. I have been BEGGING Ut to play an SEC team for 3 years straight. I know for a fact we will layeth the smacketh down on those southeast coast overrated jackrabbit chasing pieces of shit.

johngateswhiteley
11-16-2008, 02:16 AM
usc is finished. They are a sucker wannabe champ in a sucker conference. Not one team in their conference other than usc could beat BAYLOR, and yes I do mean that seriously, look at the way their QB is playing right now, he would ruin those sucker ass pac 10 teams with yards to spare...

its like...you don't know anything about CFB. oregon state (whom beat utah, btw, until the refs stole the game) and oregon would murder baylor. while arizona and cal would win comfortably. i'd put baylor on par with stanford. they'd be in the middle of the pac-10...which is still sad (for the pac-10).

regain your clarity.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-16-2008, 02:29 AM
So the pac 10 is better than or equal to the big 12, sec, aac, big 10, conference usa, wac, or the mac?

give me a break

i dont know if this is a freak year like big 12 2006 but this year the pac 10 looks like total utter wattery feline crap

usc gets a fucking cake walk to the championship every year by design, and they even fucked THAT up this year, in a year where the pac 10 is a fucking LAUGHING STOCK.

Let us wait until bowl season, see how many games your shitty shitty shitty conference wins. It wont surprise even YOU, because if you're watching your conference you realize it is a fucking joke.

johngateswhiteley
11-16-2008, 07:08 AM
So the pac 10 is better than or equal to the big 12, sec, aac, big 10, conference usa, wac, or the mac?

give me a break

i dont know if this is a freak year like big 12 2006 but this year the pac 10 looks like total utter wattery feline crap

usc gets a fucking cake walk to the championship every year by design, and they even fucked THAT up this year, in a year where the pac 10 is a fucking LAUGHING STOCK.

Let us wait until bowl season, see how many games your shitty shitty shitty conference wins. It wont surprise even YOU, because if you're watching your conference you realize it is a fucking joke.

mmm...its times like these i thank my parents. that, and my ability to read. i wish you were blessed with such a gift...alas, it seems you were not so fortunate.

the fact that you even asked that first question...is unbelievably asinine. i'm pretty sure the Pac-10 is not that good this year, but piling on in a manner so childish...its irresponsible.

baylor would be an average Pac-10 team this year, which should clue you in that i don't think the Pac-10 is all that great. but connecting the dots is not your forte...neither is making sense.

do me a favor...congregate with your homo t.u. friends and leave difficult tasks such as 1) reading 2) typing 3) sanity ...to the big boys.

...no response necessary.

leemajors
11-16-2008, 10:39 AM
mmm...its times like these i thank my parents. that, and my ability to read. i wish you were blessed with such a gift...alas, it seems you were not so fortunate.

the fact that you even asked that first question...is unbelievably asinine. i'm pretty sure the Pac-10 is not that good this year, but piling on in a manner so childish...its irresponsible.

baylor would be an average Pac-10 team this year, which should clue you in that i don't think the Pac-10 is all that great. but connecting the dots is not your forte...neither is making sense.

do me a favor...congregate with your homo t.u. friends and leave difficult tasks such as 1) reading 2) typing 3) sanity ...to the big boys.

...no response necessary.

total utter watery feline crap = genius

cash459
11-16-2008, 02:54 PM
yeah and were the red gaiders playing in 30 degree weather in 30 mph wind? im not saying tech isnt good, but give me abreak.
if you wan to go that route, ut beat ou, tech beat ut, but ou will beat tech. so ut is still better.

great logic there :rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
11-16-2008, 03:49 PM
When OU loses to us the computers actually lower our bcs average.

mookie2001
11-16-2008, 04:30 PM
i just wish colt would give god a little more glory

K-State Spur
11-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Poor Texas, never catches a break...

Whisky Dog
11-17-2008, 01:05 AM
I hate college football rankings.

I hate college football computers.

I hate college football polls.

I hate Lee Corso.

MajorMike
11-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Lee Corso has a baby arm.

Blake
11-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Lee Corso has a baby arm.

so does Zac Robinson

J.T.
11-17-2008, 12:49 PM
When OU loses to us the computers actually lower our bcs average.

Texas had a 1.000 computer ranking their whole time at #1 this year...

101A
11-17-2008, 01:05 PM
What's truly silly about the rankings & the b12s this year....

Tech beats Texas, let's say Oklahoma beats Tech....

Why does everyone ASSUME Ok has a chance? I mean, Texas handled them, Tech handled Texas - all is equal, right.

No, of course not - the HOME team keeps winning! If the Texas v. Tech game had been in Austin, does anyone else think the outcome might have been different? Anyone think Oklahoma would have a GOOD chance at beating Tech in Lubbock?

Seems to me, if it comes to a three way tie, Texas should come out on top; They would be the only one of the three to actually win a game against one of the others at somewhere OTHER than their home turf (although not truly at away game, either.)

Won't happen, though. Oklahoma's gonna probably beat Tech (in Norman), and jump Texas. Of course, then they have to play the other, very very good Big 12 South team, who had the unfortunate luck of having to play BOTH Texas and Tech in hostile territory. .

cash459
11-17-2008, 02:24 PM
What's truly silly about the rankings & the b12s this year....

Tech beats Texas, let's say Oklahoma beats Tech....

Why does everyone ASSUME Ok has a chance? I mean, Texas handled them, Tech handled Texas - all is equal, right.

No, of course not - the HOME team keeps winning! If the Texas v. Tech game had been in Austin, does anyone else think the outcome might have been different? Anyone think Oklahoma would have a GOOD chance at beating Tech in Lubbock?

Seems to me, if it comes to a three way tie, Texas should come out on top; They would be the only one of the three to actually win a game against one of the others at somewhere OTHER than their home turf (although not truly at away game, either.)

Won't happen, though. Oklahoma's gonna probably beat Tech (in Norman), and jump Texas. Of course, then they have to play the other, very very good Big 12 South team, who had the unfortunate luck of having to play BOTH Texas and Tech in hostile territory. .

well, if you expand on your thought process there, then that means that okie st. is going to be oklahoma. and if thats the case, then Tech still wins the big 12 south & still controls their own destiny.

J.T.
11-17-2008, 02:49 PM
well, if you expand on your thought process there, then that means that okie st. is going to be oklahoma. and if thats the case, then Tech still wins the big 12 south & still controls their own destiny.

He didn't really put OSU in the same boat as Texas and Texas Tech... Texas was undefeated and had big wins against highly ranked teams in Austin. Tech is still undefeated and have two very big wins against highly ranked teams in Lubbock. I'm not saying OSU can't win a home game against OU, because they can, I just don't think they're going to the way OU is playing right now.

MajorMike
11-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Same logic as Mizzou being ranked ahead of OSU when OSU won at Mizzou and their records are the same - what have you done for me lately?

cash459
11-17-2008, 06:51 PM
He didn't really put OSU in the same boat as Texas and Texas Tech... Texas was undefeated and had big wins against highly ranked teams in Austin. Tech is still undefeated and have two very big wins against highly ranked teams in Lubbock. I'm not saying OSU can't win a home game against OU, because they can, I just don't think they're going to the way OU is playing right now.

yeah, i got ya. but his post still has holes. b/c if Tech does lose to OU, its a pretty good chance that OU jumps ut & florida in the BCS. It will be a win over a higher ranked opponent late in the season & should give them a large boost. but nobody knows with this crazy ass BCS stuff....should be an intersting few weeks comin up

chode_regulator
11-17-2008, 10:47 PM
great logic there :rolleyes

you must have missed the part where i was being sarcastic. sorry next time ill spell it out for you.

chode_regulator
11-17-2008, 10:52 PM
in a sad way i kinda hope that alabama wins out and so does tech so that i dont have to be pissed that ou goes to the big game and texas doesnt get to.

waht happens if the big 12 south loses in teh big 12 game though? would another conference face the uf/alabama winner in teh title game?

usc couldnt jump ahead of texas could they? i mean they both would have an off week right?

cash459
11-18-2008, 01:22 PM
in a sad way i kinda hope that alabama wins out and so does tech so that i dont have to be pissed that ou goes to the big game and texas doesnt get to.

waht happens if the big 12 south loses in teh big 12 game though? would another conference face the uf/alabama winner in teh title game?

usc couldnt jump ahead of texas could they? i mean they both would have an off week right?

didnt mean to miss the sarcasm, my bad.

well, if the big 12 south doesnt win the big 12 title, then that throws a whole new dimension onto the BCS title picture. in a case like that, Tech could still go, or even Texas could go. There will be A LOT of pissing & moaning if that happens, you can count on that.

Blake
11-18-2008, 02:23 PM
I think if Tech loses this weekend they can still get into the title game:

1. OU would have to lose to OSU, (which would also give Tech the Big XII south tie breaker over UT)
2. Bama would have to beat Florida
3. Tech would have to beat Mizzou by a nice margin

j-6
11-18-2008, 02:28 PM
I think if Tech loses this weekend they can still get into the title game:

1. OU would have to lose to OSU, (which would also give Tech the Big XII south tie breaker over UT)
2. Bama would have to beat Florida
3. Tech would have to beat Mizzou by a nice margin

No way. USC will play Bama in that scenario.

cash459
11-18-2008, 02:32 PM

:wtf

chode_regulator
11-18-2008, 03:09 PM

that would be gayest ever as tehy are the only ones who have lost to non ranked team.

plus i dont tihnk tech would fall below usc adn if they did go on to still win the big 12 they still deserve to play in the title game.

the only reason i kinda wish they would implement playoffs is bc i think its gay to pumish one team for losing later in teh season than another who lost early. regardless of who your favorite team is, you have to agree. i mean howmad would usc teams be if they lost late and ut lost early adn ut might go to the big one instead of usc bc of that.

IronMexican
11-18-2008, 03:18 PM
USC is done. I just hope we can land an SEC or B-12 team in a BCS bowl.

j-6
11-18-2008, 03:19 PM
I agree that it's pretty lame but when all the top B12/SEC teams start beating on each other in the scenario listed above, SC will come out smelling like a rose. And Oregon State is ranked if I recall, around the 20 mark.

Blake
11-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I agree that it's pretty lame but when all the top B12/SEC teams start beating on each other in the scenario listed above, SC will come out smelling like a rose. And Oregon State is ranked if I recall, around the 20 mark.

what?

Tech has beaten both the #1 and #8 teams in the country. And if they go on and beat Mizzou in the Big XII title game, their BCS rank will absolutely be higher than SC's.

They say strength of schedule is taken out of the formula, but it's still in the minds of the voters and some computers.

j-6
11-18-2008, 04:12 PM
That's exactly my point. The sixty-something head coaches and 100's of sportswriters that decide these things are going to remember Tech losing to OU rather than Oregon State beating USC a couple of months ago. And a lot of that has to do with prestige.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2008, 04:17 PM
that would be gayest ever as tehy are the only ones who have lost to non ranked team.

regulate yourself.

1) Oregon State is ranked
2) Ol' Miss is not

3) SC lost to Oregon State on the road
4) Florida lost to Ol' Miss at home

Blake
11-18-2008, 05:01 PM
That's exactly my point. The sixty-something head coaches and 100's of sportswriters that decide these things are going to remember Tech losing to OU rather than Oregon State beating USC a couple of months ago. And a lot of that has to do with prestige.

I don't think so.

Not if Tech goes on and beats Mizzou.

Tech beating #1, #8 and #19 (and whatever Mizzou would be ranked) while losing to #5 is much more impressive than anything USC will have done this season.

Heck, if one loss UT and one loss OU are ahead of USC right now, what in the world makes you think that the Trojans will ever jump one of the Big XII south teams at this point?

MajorMike
11-18-2008, 05:06 PM
You have to understand as well that SC always loses to a piece of shit team, therefore they don't have to worry about the "who should be ranked ahead of who" arguement because the teams that beat them never have a shot in hell of being ranked in the Top 10-15. When UT and uo and UGA and LSU all are losing to each other, then you have to worry about the silly stratification.

When there is no one else on the left coast to vote for, of course they are going to vote for SC, but if ttek would have lost to Nebraska they wouldn't have a shot in hell at the MNC. Its just the way it is. SC is overrated because they are SC.

chode_regulator
11-18-2008, 08:03 PM
regulate yourself.

1) Oregon State is ranked
2) Ol' Miss is not

3) SC lost to Oregon State on the road
4) Florida lost to Ol' Miss at home

i stand corrected on florida. sorry i forgot about that.

but! usc lost to osu when they werent ranked, much as how you cant say texas beat another ranked team last weekend just bc kansas was ranked earlier.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2008, 08:40 PM
i stand corrected on florida. sorry i forgot about that.

but! usc lost to osu when they werent ranked, much as how you cant say texas beat another ranked team last weekend just bc kansas was ranked earlier.

who cares, the pollsters obviously didn't have it correct. oregon state usually starts slow...they are obviously a good team. and anyone who watched the utah game knows the beavers won.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
You have to understand as well that SC always loses to a piece of shit team, therefore they don't have to worry about the "who should be ranked ahead of who" arguement because the teams that beat them never have a shot in hell of being ranked in the Top 10-15. When UT and uo and UGA and LSU all are losing to each other, then you have to worry about the silly stratification.

When there is no one else on the left coast to vote for, of course they are going to vote for SC, but if ttek would have lost to Nebraska they wouldn't have a shot in hell at the MNC. Its just the way it is. SC is overrated because they are SC.

SC losing a conference game here and there doesn't mean they are overrated. what happens when they play top 10 teams? that aside, oregon state isn't a piece of shit team.

i wish oklahomo state was good enough to make a bcs game and face SC...the anal pounding that would ensue; probably gives you nightmares.

samikeyp
11-18-2008, 09:16 PM
who cares, the pollsters obviously didn't have it correct. oregon state usually starts slow...they are obviously a good team. and anyone who watched the utah game knows the beavers won.

maybe not but its still fact that at the time, Oregon State was not ranked. SC should not have lost to them.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Baylor could beat Oregon State.

MajorMike
11-18-2008, 10:05 PM
SC losing a conference game here and there doesn't mean they are overrated. what happens when they play top 10 teams? that aside, oregon state isn't a piece of shit team.

i wish oklahomo state was good enough to make a bcs game and face SC...the anal pounding that would ensue; probably gives you nightmares.

lol; if OSU played in the P10, they'd be in a BCS game, too.

redraiderinfiji
11-19-2008, 12:45 AM

thats f-ing nasty.........

Are you mixing college football with the briana banks prono you just watched?

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2008, 02:57 AM
lol; if OSU played in the P10, they'd be in a BCS game, too.

how? they'd probably have 2 losses. SC would beat them, as would one of Oregon State, Oregon, Cal, or Arizona.

the pac-10 is down, but thats no reason to exaggerate.

101A
11-19-2008, 04:42 PM
how? they'd probably have 2 losses. SC would beat them, as would one of Oregon State, Oregon, Cal, or Arizona.

the pac-10 is down, but thats no reason to exaggerate.

Oklahoma State has exactly TWO losses this year...both on the road to the the second and third ranked teams in the country.

There is no evidence SC could beat them.

If SC played OSU's schedule, they'd have two losses as well, quite possibly a third (because they have a knack for losing to lesser teams at least once a season).

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Oklahoma State has exactly TWO losses this year...both on the road to the the second and third ranked teams in the country.

There is no evidence SC could beat them.

If SC played OSU's schedule, they'd have two losses as well, quite possibly a third (because they have a knack for losing to lesser teams at least once a season).

you obviously don't follow SC football. they own top 25 teams...they're problem isn't against good ranked teams. its in letting their guard down against non-ranked conference opponents. i doubt SC would have more than 1 loss in the big 12 this year, and they might even have run it.

i swear, everyone forgets...its only what have you done for me lately. that, and the hatred towards SC which clouds judgment.

doobs
11-19-2008, 06:10 PM
you obviously don't follow SC football. they own top 25 teams...they're problem isn't against good ranked teams. its in letting their guard down against non-ranked conference opponents. i doubt SC would have more than 1 loss in the big 12 this year, and they might even have run it.

i swear, everyone forgets...its only what have you done for me lately. that, and the hatred towards SC which clouds judgment.

Hatred towards SC doesn't even come close to the all-out suckfest SC enjoys every single season. Seriously, SC fans have nothing to complain about. They're overrated this year. They were overrated for a significant portion of last year. Before the Rose Bowl a couple years ago, ESPN ran a several parts series about whether the 2005 Trojans were the greatest football team ever--and then they lost to Texas. And don't forget the nonsense about USC "repeating" as national champions in 2003 and 2004.

samikeyp
11-19-2008, 06:13 PM

I doubt they would have run the table, just like I am not convinced Tech can win in Norman this weekend. If they were in the North, then yes, I think they would be undefeated and their only challenge would be in the Big 12 title game. I do think that the level of talent in the Pac-10 distorts peoples view of how good USC is in some years like this one. To be fair though, SC has heard that before and still gone to a BCS bowl game and won it.

johngateswhiteley
11-20-2008, 03:31 AM
I doubt they would have run the table, just like I am not convinced Tech can win in Norman this weekend. If they were in the North, then yes, I think they would be undefeated and their only challenge would be in the Big 12 title game. I do think that the level of talent in the Pac-10 distorts peoples view of how good USC is in some years like this one. To be fair though, SC has heard that before and still gone to a BCS bowl game and won it.

the level of talent in the Pac-10 is pretty high...i think the only conferences undeniably better are the Big 12 and SEC. the boys from California and the rest of the west coast can play.

aside from that, they haven't just 'gone to a BCS bowl game and won it.' they own every damn conference since Carroll has been there and won more BCS games than anyone. if you want to downplay SC...fine. but its amazing how short some of y'alls memories are. they are damn good, and this year isn't any different. imo, its a classic case of other teams' fans looking for any hole they can find...and when SC doesn't kill everyone, they aren't that good. thats just ridiculous. every ranked team they have played this year they have murdered. granted, it was only 3 teams.

i'll be the first to admit the Pac is a bit down this year, but that doesn't mean SC isn't a very good team. and again, their only loss is to a pretty darn good team on the road. unfortunately, i don't see any realistic way the Trojans can make it to the title game. so, i either want them to play penn state in the rose bowl or have oregon state win out and let SC fuck up an SEC or big 12 team in another BCS bowl. should be fun either way.

redraiderinfiji
11-20-2008, 08:26 AM
JGW.......

Since Oregon State beat pusSC, would you somehow rationalize in that mind of yours that Oregon State could beat the likes of TECH, horns, Okie State, or even oklahoma?

MajorMike
11-20-2008, 09:19 AM
I think we will see. I assume Ore St will lose to Zona this weekend and if uo beats OSU then OSU (the #4 or 5 B12 team depending on where you rank Mizzou) will play the #2 P10 team (Ore State) in the Holiday Bowl. Regardless of it is OSU or uo or Mizzou, one of them will play in the Holiday against the P10's 2nd best team.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-20-2008, 10:46 AM
SC is still a dangerous matchup because we don't really know how good they are due to their conference.

Blake
11-20-2008, 10:57 AM
I doubt SC would have more than 1 loss in the big 12 this year, and they might even have run it.

really? Pick a team in the Big XII South other than Baylor or A&M and I think they lose on the road.

USC lost to Oregon St which is the Big XII's equivalent of Nebraska or Kansas this year........what in the world makes you think you'd "run it" in the Big XII?

I don't think anyone here hates SC. They just hate your constant badgering for them to be #1 when they clearly aren't even top 5.

See: BCS rankings, 11/20/08

Blake
11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I doubt they would have run the table, just like I am not convinced Tech can win in Norman this weekend.

You're not convinced Tech can this weekend? Wow.

I'm not sure anyone is convinced they will win........but I think even homer sooner fan thinks Tech can win it.

samikeyp
11-20-2008, 12:44 PM
You're not convinced Tech can this weekend? Wow.

I'm not sure anyone is convinced they will win........but I think even homer sooner fan thinks Tech can win it.

I think you are splitting hairs and I probably could have worded that a little better. What I meant was I think Norman is a very tough place to play and that Tech losing would not be shocking to me. However I do believe they have the talent to do so. I am just not 100% positive that they are going to do so.

I will, though, stick to my earlier prediction that I made on this board, if Tech wins in Norman, they will run the table.

johngateswhiteley
11-20-2008, 04:38 PM
really? Pick a team in the Big XII South other than Baylor or A&M and I think they lose on the road.

USC lost to Oregon St which is the Big XII's equivalent of Nebraska or Kansas this year........what in the world makes you think you'd "run it" in the Big XII?

I don't think anyone here hates SC. They just hate your constant badgering for them to be #1 when they clearly aren't even top 5.

See: BCS rankings, 11/20/08

i'm not badgering for them to be #1, they shouldn't be right now. << another example of you not paying attention

i can't believe you compared oregon state to nebraska and kansas.

Blake
11-20-2008, 05:14 PM
I think you are splitting hairs and I probably could have worded that a little better. What I meant was I think Norman is a very tough place to play and that Tech losing would not be shocking to me. However I do believe they have the talent to do so. I am just not 100% positive that they are going to do so.

I will, though, stick to my earlier prediction that I made on this board, if Tech wins in Norman, they will run the table.

Tech losing would not shock you? Last I checked, OU was favored and is 50-2 at home under Stoops.

Why is everyone around here acting as if Tech Fan is thinking this is a slam dunk win for the Raiders? I don't know anyone that is 100% positive of a Raider win. Even RR in Korea is gripping and that's saying something.

Blake
11-20-2008, 05:29 PM
i'm not badgering for them to be #1, they shouldn't be right now. << another example of you not paying attention

obviously you feel they are better than Tech, OU and UT combined since you feel they would run the table on them. If you're better than Tech numerically, that makes you #1.

i can't believe you compared oregon state to nebraska and kansas.

good point.

seeing as how out of Kansas and Nebraska's nine combined losses, at least 7 were against ranked teams and maybe 6 were to top 10 teams.

One of Oregon St's 3 losses was to Stanford.

Frankly, I can't believe I compared them to Oregon St either.

cash459
11-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Why is everyone around here acting as if Tech Fan is thinking this is a slam dunk win for the Raiders? I don't know anyone that is 100% positive of a Raider win. Even RR in Korea is gripping and that's saying something.

agreed. This game makes me more nervous than the previous 2. :vomit:

It will be a HUGE test for Tech. I hope they are able to pull it out & play the way they did against ok. st. If they play the way they did against ut, then it has the potential to get ugly.

samikeyp
11-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech losing would not shock you? Last I checked, OU was favored and is 50-2 at home under Stoops.

I can't speak for everyone here but I never said you or any Tech fan was saying this was easy for TTU.

Because of Stoops home record and the fact that Norman is a tough place to is why a Tech loss would not shock me.

I also said Tech was perfectly capable of winning that game and winning the title.

Easy friend, relax and enjoy your schools success! :toast

cash459
11-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I can't speak for everyone here but I never said you or any Tech fan was saying this was easy for TTU.

Because of Stoops home record and the fact that Norman is a tough place to is why a Tech loss would not shock me.

I also said Tech was perfectly capable of winning that game and winning the title.

Easy friend, relax and enjoy your schools success! :toast

although, even with that daunting record for home games, Stoops' record against teams ranked in the top 15 is 4-8 and 2 of the 4 were against Mizzou. :lol

so thats something good to hang the Tech hat on. LOL

samikeyp
11-20-2008, 09:52 PM
although, even with that daunting record for home games, Stoops' record against teams ranked in the top 15 is 4-8 and 2 of the 4 were against Mizzou. :lol

so thats something good to hang the Tech hat on. LOL

Good point. :tu

The only thing I am fairly sure of is that it will be a hell of a game.

cash459
11-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Good point. :tu

The only thing I am fairly sure of is that it will be a hell of a game.

i agree. my stomach feels like its auditioning for the ringling brothers, and im just a fan.

very exciting game.

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 12:59 AM
SC is still a dangerous matchup because we don't really know how good they are due to their conference.

No, all you B-12 people have declared we suck this year, and are undeserving of a BCS spot. that being said, I hope we can play an SEC or B-12 team in BCs bowl.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-21-2008, 01:05 AM
No, all you B-12 people have declared we suck this year, and are undeserving of a BCS spot. that being said, I hope we can play an SEC or B-12 team in BCs bowl.

I have declared you suck and by that I mean you are indeed undeserving of a BCS bowl. But this is mostly a result of your conference being even more feeble and useless than the big 10. If you don't play anyone, and lose to a total shit team, you don't deserve the BCS bid. But, realistically, since there are like 30 bcs bowls now, USC will get in. And, realistically, they still have uber talent. So realistically, we don't know how good USC can be with a month's preparation and with all that talent.

It's retarded to say USC sucks Aggg style, but legit to say they suck Ohio State style.

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 01:26 AM
If you aren't sure, then how are you so sure we aren't deserving of a BCS birth?

johngateswhiteley
11-21-2008, 03:02 AM
I have declared you suck and by that I mean you are indeed undeserving of a BCS bowl. But this is mostly a result of your conference being even more feeble and useless than the big 10. If you don't play anyone, and lose to a total shit team, you don't deserve the BCS bid. But, realistically, since there are like 30 bcs bowls now, USC will get in. And, realistically, they still have uber talent. So realistically, we don't know how good USC can be with a month's preparation and with all that talent.

It's retarded to say USC sucks Aggg style, but legit to say they suck Ohio State style.

damn you are dumb...and quit referring to oregon state as a shit team.

MajorMike
11-21-2008, 09:18 AM
good point.

seeing as how out of Kansas and Nebraska's nine combined losses, at least 7 were against ranked teams and maybe 6 were to top 10 teams.

One of Oregon St's 3 losses was to Stanford.

Frankly, I can't believe I compared them to Oregon St either.

Damn, that was actually a pretty good bitch slap. And a pretty lame bitch you slapped.

johngateswhiteley
11-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Damn, that was actually a pretty good bitch slap. And a pretty lame bitch you slapped.

why do you insist on being stupid? do you enjoy it? do you have a choice? obviously, oregon state has gotten much much better since they played stanford and penn state...are you blind? and why does everyone ignore the fact that they beat utah in utah...or should have at least. and i don't mean they blew it, i mean the refs stole it i.e. oklahoma at oregon.

maybe you've heard of teams improving as the seasons progress , maybe you haven't. then don't pretend to know college football.

cash459
11-21-2008, 09:53 PM
maybe you've heard of teams improving as the seasons progress , maybe you haven't. then don't pretend to know college football.

kinda like Tech has done?

J.T.
11-21-2008, 10:51 PM

Fuck Tech.

j-6
11-22-2008, 12:18 AM
why do you insist on being stupid? do you enjoy it? do you have a choice? obviously, oregon state has gotten much much better since they played stanford and penn state...are you blind? and why does everyone ignore the fact that they beat utah in utah...or should have at least. and i don't mean they blew it, i mean the refs stole it i.e. oklahoma at oregon.

People tend to forget that we're talking about 18-22 year old kids here. A positive pregnancy test or a rough prof can change a mood faster than their strength of schedule. Of course they improve as the season unfolds. My take is that the P10 hasn't been a bellcow of strength lately and Eastern Football takes that as a sign of weakness.

And the fact of the matter is that each team has to play their schedule. They didnt ask for it, the AD did.

johngateswhiteley
11-22-2008, 05:06 AM

are you that insecure about tekk? of course they have gotten, i don't recall anyone saying they hadn't...and we aren't talking about tekk.

MajorMike
11-22-2008, 06:48 AM

Oregon St has one win that makes them even worthy of being considered a top 30 team. Otherwise they would have 4 losses and no one would even know who they were. After they lose to a very medicore Zona today it will again be shown how ordinary they are, just like the P10 in general. The P10 can't have more than 5 bowl teams even at 6-6, has 2 of the worst teams in the entire Div I of football, and its possible to have a 3-loss champion who could have pretty much already wrapped up the P10 if they hadn't lost to Stanford. Please, don't even try to make yourself look like any more of an idiot by trying to legitimize it. Trying to pump up a team that beat you just so it won't look so bad on you is so grade school.

cash459
11-22-2008, 12:42 PM
are you that insecure about tekk? of course they have gotten, i don't recall anyone saying they hadn't...and we aren't talking about tekk.

youve made comments about Tech not "arriving" yet, so that was just as good a place to interject. Its not like this thread is not allowed to have Tech in discussion.

Fuck Tech.

all aboard the bitter bus!

johngateswhiteley
11-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Oregon St has one win that makes them even worthy of being considered a top 30 team. Otherwise they would have 4 losses and no one would even know who they were. After they lose to a very medicore Zona today it will again be shown how ordinary they are, just like the P10 in general. The P10 can't have more than 5 bowl teams even at 6-6, has 2 of the worst teams in the entire Div I of football, and its possible to have a 3-loss champion who could have pretty much already wrapped up the P10 if they hadn't lost to Stanford. Please, don't even try to make yourself look like any more of an idiot by trying to legitimize it. Trying to pump up a team that beat you just so it won't look so bad on you is so grade school.

1) i doubt Oregon State loses to Arizona

2) you didn't really say anything other than you don't think Oregon State will win today...

...you're trying to make Oregon State out to be this non-deserving crappy team...they aren't. they are easily a top 20 team and better than utah.

johngateswhiteley
11-23-2008, 11:26 AM
not only did Oregon State win, they won without their starting QB and RB...pretty amazing. props to them, one more victory and they go to the rose bowl...which would give SC a chance to beat up on a big 12 or sec team, i hope.

samikeyp
11-23-2008, 11:47 AM
not only did Oregon State win, they won without their starting QB and RB...pretty amazing. props to them, one more victory and they go to the rose bowl...which would give SC a chance to beat up on a big 12 or sec team, i hope.

I wasn't impressed with the Beavs having to come back to beat Arizona until I heard the Quizz went down. Didn't know about their QB. The question is will they be available against Oregon.

johngateswhiteley
11-23-2008, 11:52 AM
I wasn't impressed with the Beavs having to come back to beat Arizona until I heard the Quizz went down. Didn't know about their QB. The question is will they be available against Oregon.

yep, it was actually quite impressive. not sure why Moevao was out, but Jacquizz got hurt in 1st quarter! quizz is there best player and Moevao has got to be 3rd or 4th, plus the added problem of losing your signal caller.

it was more than impressive. plus, you have to remember capt. shit head said the Beavs would lose...hilarious.

samikeyp
11-23-2008, 11:53 AM
yep, it was actually quite impressive. not sure why Moevao was out, but Jacquizz got hurt in 1st quarter! quizz is there best player and Moevao has got to be 3rd or 4th, plus the added problem of losing your signal caller.

it was more than impressive. plus, you have to remember capt. shit head said the Beavs would lose...hilarious.

well that part is always fun.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-23-2008, 03:01 PM
coaches poll:

1) bama
2) O FUCKING U
3) florida (gotta reward the SEC when they beat the citadel)
4) Texas

This shit is bunk, fuck the sooners and their chickenfucking wannabecowboy asses

AP:

1) bama
2) Florida (Can't go too long without tasting Urban Jizz)
3) OU
4) UT

Cant_Be_Faded
11-23-2008, 03:03 PM
OU was torching teams by an even bigger margin before the RRS, and now we're supposed to all believe they're just playing better and better are in some way even more dominant than they ever been.

I fucking hate ou

ShoogarBear
11-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Again, you should care less about where Florida is. Even if they were #4, they would go to the championship game for beating Alabama.

OU over UT is what sucks.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Again, you should care less about where Florida is. Even if they were #4, they would go to the championship game for beating Alabama.

OU over UT is what sucks.

Yeah I get that, but its still pretty ridiculous to bump a team that beat the citadel over a team that is wrecking shop and just happened to not be playing that week.

Let's just face it, the media and coaches want to see Urban vs Stoops for the title and celebrate the 10th annual OU bowl blowout loss.

StylisticS
11-23-2008, 05:43 PM
OU was torching teams by an even bigger margin before the RRS, and now we're supposed to all believe they're just playing better and better are in some way even more dominant than they ever been.

I fucking hate ou

Not to mention that Bradford think they should reward the "hottest" team. How has the "hottest" team worked out this year for teams? What the fuck does "hottest" team mean anyway and why should it matter? Somebody brought this up on Orangebloods this afternoon.

It did happen. It occurred for two weeks in 2002. Texas had lost to OU 35-24 at the RRS, and then a couple weeks later OU went to aggy and got upset. In the coaches poll the next week, 1-loss Texas was voted ahead of 1-loss OU.

The national media went ballistic over it, and even the local newspapers, including a certain DMN writer (Cowlishaw) -- who today has a column trying to justify OU being ranked over Texas -- writing a column calling it "a travesty," and "injustice," and called for the "elimination of the coaches poll." Now that the shoe is on the other foot, he STILL believes OU should be ranked ahead of Texas. Like Bohls, Cowlishaw is another UT grad who bends over backwards to appear impartial but just ends up screwing over his alma mater. You can google a similar column by Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram from that same week in 2002 which also attacks the coaches for voting a 1-loss Texas ahead of a 1-loss OU that OU had already beaten.

Anyway, that "travesty" in 2002 went away when Texas went into Lubbock and lost 42-38 a week later.

But where is the outcry over the same thing today? I'm still waiting.

I surely do remember this when it happened and not only did Cowlishaw go crazy on this. But so did ESPN with Trev and Mark May.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-23-2008, 05:48 PM
mark may is a ignorant piece of shit
he's like a more pompous less legit tom tolbert