PDA

View Full Version : The Game That Saved the Season?

PeterBurns
11-15-2008, 01:58 PM
95% of people, including myself, thought the Spurs would struggle in this game Vs the Rockets.

When I looked at the scoreboard in the 4th Quarter and saw 58 points, It hit me how hard this team is struggling to score points.

Defensively, it has to gel right now, and with the young guys learning that this early in the season is freaking great.

2-6 or 3-5 isn't a huge difference, but I think it was a much needed shot in the arm.

I hadn't heard it that loud in the AT&T center in a long long time. Arguably the loudest it's ever been for a November game!

Hopefully the Bonner clutch shot spurs him to a better year and more playing time to properly earn that $2,000,000 salary.

Great win, and hopefully the start of a good run.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-15-2008, 02:39 PM
True, about the fans

These past couple of seasons the lower bowl fans have been sooooo lame. Last night you could feel the energy.

urunobili
11-15-2008, 02:47 PM
yeah right it was loud when the freaking Rocket fans were booing on Duncan's FT's :rolleyes:rolleyes

HarlemHeat37
11-15-2008, 02:53 PM
the fans were great at the end of the game..

usually our fans are like our team, where nobody cares until the end of the season..this year is obviously different..

Russ
11-15-2008, 03:04 PM
The game was huge. When they could quit, the team showed character. Get a mobile big man and they could win it all.

timaios
11-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Hopefully the Bonner clutch shot spurs him to a better year and more playing time to properly earn that $2,000,000 salary.

$2,978,000 :bang

benefactor
11-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Hopefully the Bonner clutch shot spurs him to a better year and more playing time to properly earn a look from another team that can be duped into taking him.

Fixed.

MarHill
11-15-2008, 03:13 PM
It's too early to say that this game saved their season. Because in a 82 game season you will lose some you are suppose to win (Milwaukee) and win some you are suppose to lose like last night.

The most impressive thing to me from last night's game was being down by 14 with about 7 1/2 minutes in the game and they found a way to win. Also, George Hill being agreessive and going to the basket.

If they can continue to win some gritty, tough defensive games and kept themselves above water or close to sea level until the calvary comes back....it will bode well later in the season.

mrspurs
11-15-2008, 03:46 PM
The fans were great at the end of the game yes indeed. But I for one can tell ya this. For every 1 person whos watching the game closely. There are 3 who arent paying attention at all. You cant say we aint spoiled.

The Truth #6
11-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't think the game saved the season but it may have saved Bonner from being a waste for the rest of the season. And if this game catches any attention from GMs across the NBA, then we are very lucky.

polandprzem
11-15-2008, 04:28 PM
So the spurs are in playoffs already ?

Are they first seeded?

Wtf? No that game did not saved the season.

T Park
11-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I think its definately a game that the team can build on, and one that Pop can use as a proof positive in that "defense wins, so keep up the intensity of the defense"

Shame Duncan has to play 40 minutes a night though.

z0sa
11-15-2008, 04:56 PM
This game saved Bonner from the end of the bench, at least.

tmtcsc
11-15-2008, 05:10 PM
So the spurs are in playoffs already ?

Are they first seeded?

Wtf? No that game did not saved the season.

The most impressive thing about the fight in your signature video is the fact that Fedor didn't panic and actually won with an arm bar submission about 2 minutes later.

tmtcsc
11-15-2008, 05:13 PM
All that win did was make up for the one we blew in Milwaukee. That's it. It was nice to see another win at home over a rival but other than that, Houston flat out got tired. I still expect us to be at .500 or a little better when we get our full team together.

This is an extended preseason that gives the younger guys some floor time and experience. We still need to find some points. 77 and 78 pts isn't going to cut it while Tony and Manu are out.

PeterBurns
11-15-2008, 05:36 PM
2.9 Mil huh....Ouch.

Interesting. So watch Pop play Bonner for 30 Minutes a game, and keep feeding him the ball, to make him impressive trade bait.

Bonner goes for 18/6/6 a game.....and RC sends the league-wide email.

To: NBA GM Email Group; NBA Coach Group
CC: Greg Popovich ([email protected])
BCC: David Stern ([email protected])
Subject: Make Me an Offer

Body:
Yo....chicka chicka....whats up gangstas? (Sorry, just watch Superbad and that McLovin is the s***)

Listen, our boy Bonner is lighting this biatch up over here. Seriously, now we know why get got the name Red Rocket.

Just in case you haven't noticed. MB is going for 18/6/6 the last 15 games. I mean solid #'s.

Here's the deal. Him and Duncan were goofing around, and they decided to play a prank on Pop about Timmy being injured. Yesterday at practice, during the middle of 5 on 5 drills. Matt and Timmy decide to get into a fake arguement, and Bonner pushes him. Timmy pulls a Manu and pretends to be knocked out. Pop LOST it......I mean Lost it. It took Me, Chip, and Mason to hold him back.

Long story short, after we calmed him down and they guys told him it was all a prank, Pop still didn't find it funny, and he's going to pull Marbury like benching....Seriously, it's some major drama for reals!

So, let me know, because Pop wants him gone by next week. I'm open to all offers, except from you Cuban. You and I both know why, no need to rehash it here again.

On another note, anybody got a chance to download the new Kanye West CD? It's pretty solid. Go get it on limewire

Holla at ya boy...
RC

polandprzem
11-15-2008, 07:59 PM
The most impressive thing about the fight in your signature video is the fact that Fedor didn't panic and actually won with an arm bar submission about 2 minutes later.

The guy never panics, and that's brings the success to every sport.

Right now to be versitile he is my top2 sportsmen

man

polandprzem
11-15-2008, 08:01 PM
btw. playing young guys now can pay off only when the old guys will brng it a the end of a season.

I don't think we can rely on youngsters to do a 'massive' job winning the whole thing.

randy randy Randy

m33p0
11-15-2008, 08:44 PM
2.9 Mil huh....Ouch.

Interesting. So watch Pop play Bonner for 30 Minutes a game, and keep feeding him the ball, to make him impressive trade bait.

Bonner goes for 18/6/6 a game.....and RC sends the league-wide email.

To: NBA GM Email Group; NBA Coach Group
CC: Greg Popovich ([email protected])
BCC: David Stern ([email protected])
Subject: Make Me an Offer

Body:
Yo....chicka chicka....whats up gangstas? (Sorry, just watch Superbad and that McLovin is the s***)

Listen, our boy Bonner is lighting this biatch up over here. Seriously, now we know why get got the name Red Rocket.

Just in case you haven't noticed. MB is going for 18/6/6 the last 15 games. I mean solid #'s.

Here's the deal. Him and Duncan were goofing around, and they decided to play a prank on Pop about Timmy being injured. Yesterday at practice, during the middle of 5 on 5 drills. Matt and Timmy decide to get into a fake arguement, and Bonner pushes him. Timmy pulls a Manu and pretends to be knocked out. Pop LOST it......I mean Lost it. It took Me, Chip, and Mason to hold him back.

Long story short, after we calmed him down and they guys told him it was all a prank, Pop still didn't find it funny, and he's going to pull Marbury like benching....Seriously, it's some major drama for reals!

So, let me know, because Pop wants him gone by next week. I'm open to all offers, except from you Cuban. You and I both know why, no need to rehash it here again.

On another note, anybody got a chance to download the new Kanye West CD? It's pretty solid. Go get it on limewire

Holla at ya boy...
RC
too much time in your hands. :lol
"Yo....chicka chicka....whats up gangstas?" :lmao
:tu

Russ
11-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Time to give thanks for The Game That Saved The Season. :toast

urunobili
11-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Time to give thanks for The Game That Saved The Season. :toast

+1 :toast

PeterBurns
11-27-2008, 12:49 PM
2 Games like that so far.
The Parker 55 was huge.

But this was the 1st win they had were it was a "Believe" factor.

Loving where they are at now.

T Park
11-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Looks like Bonner is good enough to stay too.

Bonner played another good game last night as well.

tlongII
11-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Our game against the Rockets had pretty much the same effect for our club. Big Ups to the Rox! :tu

SpursDynasty
11-27-2008, 01:41 PM
The Rockets win was a good win, but really it wasn't anything to get excited about. Houston is usually a team we're expected to go out and beat and we did. Just taking care of business, beating a team we're supposed to beat.

Whisky Dog
11-27-2008, 02:29 PM
1 month of ball with a severely limited lineup missing 2 stars and only 1 game out of 1st in division?

Absolutely great to see

mrspurs
11-27-2008, 06:38 PM
The Rockets win was a good win, but really it wasn't anything to get excited about. Houston is usually a team we're expected to go out and beat and we did. Just taking care of business, beating a team we're supposed to beat.

What made this game important was we didnt quit. Since last season Pop had begun a habit of quitting once we were down by double digits. And it leaked into the early part of this season. Thats why Pop benched his starters and called them out.