PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M @ Baylor

johngateswhiteley
11-15-2008, 03:33 PM
where: Floyd Casey Stadium
when: 2:05 PM MT
tv: not that i know of

...big game for the Aggs if they want to go to a shitty bowl game.

A&M 34
BU 31

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Da Bears!

cash459
11-15-2008, 04:13 PM
bears

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 04:26 PM
more bears......

Biggems
11-15-2008, 05:21 PM
20-7 Bears late in the 2nd quarter

Biggems
11-15-2008, 05:50 PM
27-7 Baylor early in the 3rd

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 06:08 PM
I'd had plans to go to this game with my nephew, but tickets were 70 bucks apiece. Way too much to watch the battle for last place in the conference.

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Well this puts the lid on the ags season. A loss to Baylor and then a game versus the horns.......well......there is always next year.

The ags are about to end this decade as (if not the most) one of the most disappointing teams in college football.

Sherman will only be there one more year if he repeats last season's record. Going for the fourth coach in the last decade as well. The Johnson kid is the only bright spot on the team and the ags should be grateful he is there.

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 06:18 PM
41-7 on senior day. Baylor has the youngest starting QB in D1. Looks like things have a chance to improve in the next couple of years.

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 06:18 PM
34-7 Baylor! And they still have a whole quarter left.....

Damn the aggies are bad!

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 06:19 PM
34-7 Baylor!

Damn the aggies are bad!

Baylor just scored.

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 06:22 PM
where: Floyd Casey Stadium
when: 2:05 PM MT
tv: not that i know of

...big game for the Aggs if they want to go to a shitty bowl game.

A&M 34
BU 31

WHAT A JOKE!

NOW THE CURRENT SCORE IS 41-7! YOUR PREDICTION WAS WAY OFF, YET NORMAL COMING FROM JGW

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 06:27 PM
the johnson kid threw 3 picks.......too damn many!

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 06:28 PM
He just threw another one in the end zone. Baylor ball at the 20.

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 06:29 PM
I think I jinxed him.......make that 4 picks!

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 06:31 PM
jgw.....why did you start this thread? Baylor might drop 60 on the ags.

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 06:41 PM
A&M got a touchdown and I guess the card told them to go for two. 41-15.

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Shit might as well got for two.......the season is now over.....might as well pull out everything.....does not matter now.

Would that not be nuts if the horns lost to the ags? That would be the biggest upset of the year. But I dont see that happening.......horns by 100

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 06:50 PM
aggies blocked a punt.....where was that in the beginning of the game?

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Aggies making the score look respectable in garbage time. They claw within 20 with under 4 minutes to go. 41-21

redraiderinfiji
11-15-2008, 06:55 PM
but I think that baylor will score one, maybe two more tds before its said and done.

ags = now the REAL bottom of the big 12

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Game over. Baylor got a first down inside the ten yard line and didn't run another play. That game was an ass whipping from start to finish.

samikeyp
11-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Ouch. If suicide watch was not in full effect in B/CS...it is now.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-16-2008, 02:01 AM
DOES ANYONE IN HERE realize (besides the infinitely wise CBF of course) that all this means is that agggggggggg will start McGeeeee and Jorroofovovorororroororrrrskieieeieiieeee for the UT game and still have a very very very good chance of ruining our second senior day in three years?
I am so not joking. These two players are longhorn killers like Nick Van Exel and Kobe Bryant are spurs killers.

johngateswhiteley
11-16-2008, 02:13 AM
DOES ANYONE IN HERE realize (besides the infinitely wise CBF of course) that all this means is that agggggggggg will start McGeeeee and Jorroofovovorororroororrrrskieieeieiieeee for the UT game and still have a very very very good chance of ruining our second senior day in three years?
I am so not joking. These two players are longhorn killers like Nick Van Exel and Kobe Bryant are spurs killers.

funny thing...i've actually been thinking the same thing and i'm not joking. its not like A&M has anything left to play for...other than fucking up t.u. again.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I'd say Baylor has a better chance of beating Texas Tech.

cash459
11-16-2008, 02:52 PM

:sleep :rolleyes

redraiderinfiji
11-16-2008, 04:43 PM

Thats just damn straight impossible!

redraiderinfiji
11-16-2008, 04:49 PM

You have got to be joking......

The ags dont have a chance. They might pull out everything from the playbook, but a win, I dont know about that. If they do win, I will eat my words.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Thats just damn straight impossible!

Exactly. :lol

Extra Stout
11-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Mike Sherman is turning in one of the worst recruiting performances in Division I on top of the team's horrific on-field showing. Next year's team promises to be even worse. They could fire Mike Sherman, but with the Big 12 South being what is, there are 50 better jobs in college football than the A&M gig, and even if they did find a good coach, he'd just use A&M as a stepping stone to a more attractive job... like, I dunno, Rice?

j-6
11-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Mike Sherman is turning in one of the worst recruiting performances in Division I on top of the team's horrific on-field showing. Next year's team promises to be even worse. They could fire Mike Sherman, but with the Big 12 South being what is, there are 50 better jobs in college football than the A&M gig, and even if they did find a good coach, he'd just use A&M as a stepping stone to a more attractive job... like, I dunno, Rice?

if I am the AD at Aggieland, I called Todd Graham a month ago. Cougar High hung 70 on Tulsa on Saturday so he wouldn't be the guy who brings back the WC.

I wonder if Brian Kelly (Cincinnati) can recruit the southwest.

AFBlue
11-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Sic 'em Bears!

Had an interview with a prospective future employer who happened to be an aggie and mentioned I was a Baylor Alum. Saw him later that night at a function and rubbed just a little salt in the wound...I mean I don't want to absolutely kill my chances for a job.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-16-2008, 09:19 PM
You have got to be joking......

The ags dont have a chance. They might pull out everything from the playbook, but a win, I dont know about that. If they do win, I will eat my words.

The aggies did not have a chance last year or the year before too, yet somehow managed to dominate both games in almost every aspect...its the train junction.

Doug Collins
11-16-2008, 11:35 PM

Are you talking about 2009 or 2010 recruiting? Rivals has a&m #18 for 2009...

redraiderinfiji
11-17-2008, 12:32 AM
I dont know about all the aggies on this forum, but dont yall think its due time to get back to your old school ag tradition. The whole wrecking crew is pretty much gone the way of the do-do! Thats got to suck! I remember some crazy ass aggie defenses that kicked the shit out of people. These days the ag football team needs an upstart. How about hiring Bucky Richardson!!!! That guy was a hell of a QB for the ags. Maybe the best ag qb ever!

All I have to say is that ag fans have to hate sitting at the bottom of the big 12, taking the place of freaking BAYLOR! Thats the lowest of the low!

Aggieland needs to be competitive! For god's sake, the ags have one of the best stadiums in football!!!

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 02:02 AM
Are you talking about 2009 or 2010 recruiting? Rivals has a&m #18 for 2009...

Yeah, they just got stomped by Baylor. I hope nobody tries to say it's because Baylor has better talent.

AFBlue
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I think I'm going to resurrect this thread when they play eachother in basketball. I wonder if Baylor can own the Aggies in two major NCAA sports.

Guess we'll see...

AFBlue
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah, they just got stomped by Baylor. I hope nobody tries to say it's because Baylor has better talent.

They've got a better QB.

Blake
11-17-2008, 01:08 PM
They've got a better QB.

Baylor also has a better (college) coach.

If Leach had ever left Lubbock, the talk was that they were going to push HARD for Art Briles, who would have been the perfect replacement........especially if Dana Holgerson had stayed on as O-coordinator.

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 04:19 PM
They've got a better QB.

Who's the youngest QB in division I and came from Copperas Cove high school. He may be a good player, but it doesn't mean he's a blue chip prospect or he was highly recruited.

MajorMike
11-17-2008, 06:19 PM

That's Fran's players. Fran was top 20 every year except one, I believe, and he didn't do much with it other than beat UT a couple times.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2008, 02:49 AM
A&M isn't losing b/c they don't have talent. why do people keep bringing that up? fuck.

redraiderinfiji
11-18-2008, 07:37 AM
We all know that the ags get the talent every year. But for some reason they have not been producing during this decade.

Is it coaching? Well you fired Slocum when he had a winning record. And you let Fran go because he just was a flat disappointment. And now you have Sherman, who is continuing the decade long tradition of losing. I know that the ags have had some great success in the past, but damn, it might not be the coach, could it be the players? Actually, since I am not an aggie, I cant make a decent statement about it. But I think that Sherman might be going to way of coach Fran if does not produce as soon as next season.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Well jgw.....why are they loosing? We all know that the ags get the talent every year. But for some reason they have not been producing during this decade.

Is it coaching? Well you fired Slocum when he had a winning record. And you let Fran go because he just was a flat disappointment. And now you have Sherman, who is continuing the decade long tradition of losing. I know that the ags have had some great success in the past, but damn, it might not be the coach, could it be the players? Actually, since I am not an aggie, I cant make a decent statement about it. But I think that Sherman might be going to way of coach Fran if does not produce as soon as next season.

1) its losing not 'loosing'
2) coaching is a factor
3) the quality of the big 12 is also a factor
4) most importantly, A&M has changed their offense and defense

...if Sherman does not have a winning season next year, then he is inadequate. we'll see.

redraiderinfiji
11-18-2008, 04:53 PM
2) coaching is a factor

...if Sherman does not have a winning season next year, then he is inadequate. we'll see.

Give some better reasons. Tech changed their offense in 2000 and had a sensational season with Kliff Kingsbury.

redraiderinfiji
11-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Also, give me a "jgw view" on why the ags got spanked by Baylor. I mean come on man, losing to Baylor?????? Thats pretty bad. I am sure that your excuse/reasoning will be well thought of, yet slightly moronic.

Obstructed_View
11-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Also, give me a "jgw view" on why the ags got spanked by Baylor. I mean come on man, losing to Baylor?????? Thats pretty bad. I am sure that your excuse/reasoning will be well thought of, yet slightly moronic.

You can give the same reasons when Baylor beats Tech.

cash459
11-18-2008, 06:48 PM

:rolleyes

redraiderinfiji
11-18-2008, 07:04 PM

Come on now, think logically.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Come on now, think logically.

considering the source, this is the most ridiculous statement ever made.

samikeyp
11-18-2008, 08:00 PM
2) coaching is a factor

A&M is too talented to drop some of the games that they have been "loosing" :) New offense and defense or not, the losses to Ark. State and Baylor should not have happened. A&M is too good.

I think its more Sherman than anything. I think he was a horribly choice and is proving that.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Give some better reasons. Tech changed their offense in 2000 and had a sensational season with Kliff Kingsbury.

tech wasn't good in 1999 or 2000...so i don't know what you are referring to. they lost to east carolina in the 2000 bowl game and iowa in 2001 bowl game. of course from 1991-1996 tekk had to forfeit all wins b/c of using ineligible players. that was cool. not to mention, the big 12 is a lot tougher now than it was in 1999 and 2000.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2008, 08:11 PM
A&M is too talented to drop some of the games that they have been "loosing" :) New offense and defense or not, the losses to Ark. State and Baylor should not have happened. A&M is too good.

I think its more Sherman than anything. I think he was a horribly choice and is proving that.

i don't necessarily disagree with anything you wrote, but the state of the big 12 isn't helpful. like i said, if Sherman doesn't have a winning season next year i think he should go. A&M's facilities, support, and talent level are much better than 4 to 6 win seasons.

samikeyp
11-18-2008, 08:12 PM
i don't necessarily disagree with anything you wrote, but the state of the big 12 isn't helpful. like i said, if Sherman doesn't have a winning season next year i think he should go. A&M's facilities, support, and talent level are much better than 4 to 6 win seasons.

Yeah he has one more chance.

Although I think if Texas stomps them, it could end earlier.

cash459
11-18-2008, 08:16 PM
tech wasn't good in 1999 or 2000...so i don't know what you are referring to. they lost to east carolina in the 2000 bowl game and iowa in 2001 bowl game. of course from 1991-1996 tekk had to forfeit all wins b/c of using ineligible players. that was cool. not to mention, the big 12 is a lot tougher now than it was in 1999 and 2000.

yeah, b/c making it to a bowl game 2 years in a row is "not good"; compared to finishing under .500 :rolleyes

samikeyp
11-18-2008, 08:19 PM
yeah, b/c making it to a bowl game 2 years in a row is "not good"; compared to finishing under .500 :rolleyes

Depends on the bowl game.

If a team squeaks in to two bowls in a row at 6-6 each year, I wouldn't necessarily call that good.

johngateswhiteley
11-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Depends on the bowl game.

If a team squeaks in to two bowls in a row at 6-6 each year, I wouldn't necessarily call that good.

b/c they weren't good and lost to below average bowl teams. one was the galleryfurniture.com bowl. A&M has been to that shitty bowl once before, but at least they pounded tcu.

i wonder if cash459 is saying A&M finished under .500 in 1999 and 2000? he should check his history and don't forget A&M won the big 12 in 1998.

cash459
11-18-2008, 08:44 PM
b/c they weren't good and lost to below average bowl teams. one was the galleryfurniture.com bowl. A&M has been to that shitty bowl once before, but at least they pounded tcu.

i wonder if cash459 is saying A&M finished under .500 in 1999 and 2000? he should check his history and don't forget A&M won the big 12 in 1998.

no, im saying this year, b/c you were comparing tech from 1999 & 2000 to A&M....

and if not, then i misunderstood you

no doubt, A&M used to be a good football team, but times are changing, just like they have been in Lubbock.

redraiderinfiji
11-18-2008, 11:52 PM
considering the source, this is the most ridiculous statement ever made.

99.9 percent of the people on this site would agree that "thinking logically" would be a great attribute to your personality.

Can you guess who the .1 percent is?

redraiderinfiji
11-18-2008, 11:54 PM
tech was not any good during 2000?

So I guess a "not any good" tech team beat the aggies. So does that mean that the aggies were "really not very good"?

redraiderinfiji
11-19-2008, 12:27 AM
cheers to arky state and baylor!

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 12:38 AM
:rolleyes

Either offer up an argument or just shut up and let me enjoy Baylor not being the worst team in the big 12 since the conference has been in existence.

cash459
11-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Either offer up an argument or just shut up and let me enjoy Baylor not being the worst team in the big 12 since the conference has been in existence.

my argument, is that youre crazy if you think that Baylor can beat Tech. Did you think they had a chance last week too? :sleep

MajorMike
11-19-2008, 03:13 PM
LINK (http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1302335&forum_id=5)

I wanted to share some thoughts from the hit book "How to Handle Being The Worst Team in the Big XII South". This book, originally authored by fans of Baylor University, with foreword by Oklahoma State, has been a work in progress for 25 something years now.

Now that we have handed that prestigious torch off to your school, and it looks like it will stay that way for quite some time, you and your Aggie friends may want to really get into this material. Here are some highlights:

Chapter 1 - Bring up past records when discussing your program with friends. The best way to do this is to start from the present and go back through the past until you can find where you have more wins than "x" team. Inconsistencies in time frame does not matter - it can be 5 years for one team and 45 for another.

Chapter 3 - Find other parts of your athletic program that you can be proud of and meticulously learn and promote their accomplishments, no matter how embarrassing the sport. Baylor has done this recently with women's basketball, tennis, and most notably, track and field (Olympic gold medalist anyone?). Rumor has it that your men's club lacrosse team is pretty awesome. Just throwing that out there.

Chapter 5 - Find a couple of solid scapegoats and complain tirelessly about them. Your fan base has already advanced far in this area, with "Shermione" and "$Bill" taking the brunt of this effective relaxation technique.

Chapter 10 - Pick a team to hate and root for their failure. For Baylor fans, this has been you, and look how well it's worked! It's like The Secret - the power of positive thinking. It's very refreshing to change the channel from a frustrating loss and watch your sworn enemy fail. You may have to really dig deep here - you want a team that is average to pretty bad. You losing and them winning is a double whammy, so don't set your sites too high (UT/Tech). Arkansas is a good start, they're down this year.

Chapter 11 (THIS IS A BIG ONE) - Focus on moral victories. This chapter has a lot of content, so really pay attention to it. Within the umbrella of the moral victories chapter you'll find subsections such as: a) Don't pin your hopes on winning the game, pin your hopes on covering the spread. The spread is key, and beating the spread will bring you years and years of joy. b) Get excited about first downs. These may be harder to come by than you think, so really cherish them. c) Find remote stats that can highlight your improvement. Really dig into improvement. This should be a buzzword to use in the coming years.

Chapter 12 - Talk about the other redeeming qualities of your school. This is tricky, because it's actually really dorky to engage in academic smack talk, but, if done correctly, can deflect the focus of a conversation away from your school's crappy football program and onto other areas where the playing field is more level. Now, I'm tailor making this to A&M a little here, but I would recommend you focus on your strong engineering and business school reputation, and don't forget to bring up your various traditions! People never get tired of hearing about this.

Chapter 14** - Find another school to support on the side. This chapter is very controversial and was only added in later editions. I myself never went down this road, but several of my friends found a great deal of relaxation and comfort in finding a side school. While immediate family connections are the best (father graduated from Penn State or mom and dad met at Florida), it is also valid to dig deep into your family's history to find that great aunt that went to Alabama or that second cousin who got a masters at USC. The further away the school, the better. Claim that you have been watching them for years - especially as a little kid growing up. This helps ward off eye rolls and front-runner accusations from your friends. **Note: though highly successful, this chapter can be very dangerous, and is probably the only method that will incur hatred from fellow alumni and students. Use Chapter 14 at your own risk. Advanced students only. I'd say you'll be there en mass around 2013 - although seeing how your fan-base is bailing after 3 losing seasons out of the past 24, you may be there as early as 2010. Talk about advanced students!

That's it folks. I'll send you a copy for free - we're so excited to share this with a team not named Baylor. And you may read this and think: wow, Baylor is pathetic. This is really sad stuff. No, no! This is you! This WAS Baylor and now IS your school! I'm talking about what you and your fan base will be and have already started saying and doing.

I want to leave you with this. This can be your chance to practice, right now. Skim some of the material above, and go ahead and start using it on me. I would say the record route is the obvious way to go, but don't be afraid to be creative. Angry phrases like "F off" and total dismissal of my thread also work. Have fun, and I'll critique some of your responses as we go...

redraiderinfiji
11-19-2008, 04:39 PM
I wanted to share some thoughts from the hit book "How to Handle Being The Worst Team in the Big XII South". This book, originally authored by fans of Baylor University, with foreword by Oklahoma State, has been a work in progress for 25 something years now.

Now that we have handed that prestigious torch off to your school, and it looks like it will stay that way for quite some time, you and your Aggie friends may want to really get into this material. Here are some highlights:

Chapter 1 - Bring up past records when discussing your program with friends. The best way to do this is to start from the present and go back through the past until you can find where you have more wins than "x" team. Inconsistencies in time frame does not matter - it can be 5 years for one team and 45 for another.

Chapter 3 - Find other parts of your athletic program that you can be proud of and meticulously learn and promote their accomplishments, no matter how embarrassing the sport. Baylor has done this recently with women's basketball, tennis, and most notably, track and field (Olympic gold medalist anyone?). Rumor has it that your men's club lacrosse team is pretty awesome. Just throwing that out there.

Chapter 5 - Find a couple of solid scapegoats and complain tirelessly about them. Your fan base has already advanced far in this area, with "Shermione" and "$Bill" taking the brunt of this effective relaxation technique.

Chapter 10 - Pick a team to hate and root for their failure. For Baylor fans, this has been you, and look how well it's worked! It's like The Secret - the power of positive thinking. It's very refreshing to change the channel from a frustrating loss and watch your sworn enemy fail. You may have to really dig deep here - you want a team that is average to pretty bad. You losing and them winning is a double whammy, so don't set your sites too high (UT/Tech). Arkansas is a good start, they're down this year.

Chapter 11 (THIS IS A BIG ONE) - Focus on moral victories. This chapter has a lot of content, so really pay attention to it. Within the umbrella of the moral victories chapter you'll find subsections such as: a) Don't pin your hopes on winning the game, pin your hopes on covering the spread. The spread is key, and beating the spread will bring you years and years of joy. b) Get excited about first downs. These may be harder to come by than you think, so really cherish them. c) Find remote stats that can highlight your improvement. Really dig into improvement. This should be a buzzword to use in the coming years.

Chapter 12 - Talk about the other redeeming qualities of your school. This is tricky, because it's actually really dorky to engage in academic smack talk, but, if done correctly, can deflect the focus of a conversation away from your school's crappy football program and onto other areas where the playing field is more level. Now, I'm tailor making this to A&M a little here, but I would recommend you focus on your strong engineering and business school reputation, and don't forget to bring up your various traditions! People never get tired of hearing about this.

Chapter 14** - Find another school to support on the side. This chapter is very controversial and was only added in later editions. I myself never went down this road, but several of my friends found a great deal of relaxation and comfort in finding a side school. While immediate family connections are the best (father graduated from Penn State or mom and dad met at Florida), it is also valid to dig deep into your family's history to find that great aunt that went to Alabama or that second cousin who got a masters at USC. The further away the school, the better. Claim that you have been watching them for years - especially as a little kid growing up. This helps ward off eye rolls and front-runner accusations from your friends. **Note: though highly successful, this chapter can be very dangerous, and is probably the only method that will incur hatred from fellow alumni and students. Use Chapter 14 at your own risk. Advanced students only. I'd say you'll be there en mass around 2013 - although seeing how your fan-base is bailing after 3 losing seasons out of the past 24, you may be there as early as 2010. Talk about advanced students!

That's it folks. I'll send you a copy for free - we're so excited to share this with a team not named Baylor. And you may read this and think: wow, Baylor is pathetic. This is really sad stuff. No, no! This is you! This WAS Baylor and now IS your school! I'm talking about what you and your fan base will be and have already started saying and doing.

I want to leave you with this. This can be your chance to practice, right now. Skim some of the material above, and go ahead and start using it on me. I would say the record route is the obvious way to go, but don't be afraid to be creative. Angry phrases like "F off" and total dismissal of my thread also work. Have fun, and I'll critique some of your responses as we go...

classic jgw is in bold!

Blake
11-19-2008, 04:55 PM

what the....?

so many things wrong with this, I aint even gonna bother

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2008, 05:48 PM
what the....?

so many things wrong with this, I aint even gonna bother

other than my opinion tekk wasn't good in 1999 & 2000, everything else is fact. there's nothing to fix, lol.

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 07:36 PM
my argument, is that youre crazy if you think that Baylor can beat Tech. Did you think they had a chance last week too? :sleep

Hell, I'm happy they managed not to lose to freaking A&M. Baylor winning a couple of games makes the fans crazy, or hadn't you heard? :lol

cash459
11-19-2008, 07:45 PM
yeah, i know. they havent had much to cheer for lately, but they can hold their head up knowing that at least thyre not in the cellar of the big 12.

that program has some potential, and Griffin definitely has the potential to take that team places. Now its just a matter of getting players around him that lighten the load at least some what

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 08:46 PM
yeah, i know. they havent had much to cheer for lately, but they can hold their head up knowing that at least thyre not in the cellar of the big 12.

that program has some potential, and Griffin definitely has the potential to take that team places. Now its just a matter of getting players around him that lighten the load at least some what

It should help to walk in to a guy's living room and show him video of Griffin and say "He's going to be here three more years." The basketball team is showing some signs of turning the corner, which could actually help as well.

cash459
11-19-2008, 09:26 PM
It should help to walk in to a guy's living room and show him video of Griffin and say "He's going to be here three more years." The basketball team is showing some signs of turning the corner, which could actually help as well.

Yup, i totally agree with you. with Tech it has happened (minus the bball part) but Tech has started to pull recruits that otherwise wouldnt have given a second thought to moving to Lubbock, but now do b/c they see how much Crabtree has flourished. And if im not mistaken, I think they pulled a couple of recruits away from UT & A&M b/c of the success Tech is having this year.

So it definitely is a possibility. Just think how much more competetive the Big 12 south will be, if Baylor is able to fill in those missing pieces on their football team. I think A&M is a few years out still, but hell, even then, its going to be crazy how much competition (could) be there.

(uh oh, my "devil" post is up next, according to my post count :lol)