PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Matt Bonner and Pop

z0sa
11-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Thank you Matt Bonner - without those two threes in the furious fourth quarter rally, we'd have never come back, especially that pressure packed shot to put us within one with about 1:30 left in the game. Even that ridiculous and-1 on Yao Steve Javi called didnt get you down. (And thanks for proving all the assholes wrong about your heart and your iq - like that perfect cut down the lane)

And Pop, thanks for pulling your head out of your ass, benching Tolliver for his lackadaisical D in the fourth quarter against the bucks + his shitty play last night, and inserting someone who can actually get the job done night in and night out, should you give him the chance.

Dex
11-15-2008, 04:24 PM
And Pop, thanks for pulling your head out of your ass, benching Tolliver for his lackadaisical D in the fourth quarter against the bucks + his shitty play last night, and inserting someone who can actually get the job done night in and night out, should you give him the chance.

:huh

timvp
11-15-2008, 04:25 PM
A Matt Bonner homer is an interesting phenomenon.

Jet915
11-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Thank you Matt Bonner - without those two threes in the furious fourth quarter rally, we'd have never come back, especially that pressure packed shot to put us within one with about 1:30 left in the game. Even that ridiculous and-1 on Yao Steve Javi called didnt get you down. (And thanks for proving all the assholes wrong about your heart and your iq - like that perfect cut down the lane)

Dude, I don't know how 1-2 w/a steal and jam in 4 min. is considered shitty play. He might not have been spectacular but shitty is a little too much....

tp2021
11-15-2008, 04:33 PM

Variety is the spice of life.

z0sa
11-15-2008, 04:34 PM

When the Bonner bandwagon rolls into town soon, I'll be the only one who can say I was onboard all along :lol

JsnSA
11-15-2008, 04:36 PM
I just hope Bonner starts playing well enough that we can finally trade his ass.

z0sa
11-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Dude, I don't know how 1-2 w/a steal and jam in 4 min. is considered shitty play. He might not have been spectacular but shitty is a little too much....

So why did Pop bench him and never play him again, while bringing in someone with the exact same skillset who hasnt played more than 28 seconds in 2 games?

This thread's about Bonner!

SpursFan0728
11-15-2008, 04:48 PM
you're really a moron. a shitty player can always have 1 decent game in his life, and Matt's have happened yesterday.
Now it's really the right time to trade him.

not that I am in the Bonner's bandwagon
but is silly of you to think that one decent game by him would allow us to make a trade.

z0sa
11-15-2008, 04:48 PM
you're really a moron.

You're just angry a player you hate was a huge part of a come from behind Spurs win against someone they shoudnt have beat. Douche.

a shitty player can always have 1 decent game in his life, and Matt's have happened yesterday.
Now it's really the right time to trade him.

Shit go ahead trade him, so the next coach who actually plays him will easily get that 9/5rbs were desperately needing next to Timmy.

And to say this is Matt Bonner's first decent (it was actually great in terms of clutchness) game makes you look moronic.

duncan228
11-15-2008, 04:58 PM
In case anyone missed it.

Bonner's 3-pointers spark Spurs' decisive late charge (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Mahinmi_sent_to_Austin_for_conditioning.html )
By Mike Monroe

Don’t ask Spurs coach Gregg Popovich what prompted him to give forward Matt Bonner a healthy dose of playing time in Friday’s game against the Houston Rockets at the AT&T Center after keeping him chained to the bench in the previous two games.

Popovich isn’t in the habit of explaining his personnel decisions.

After his most productive game of the season, though, Bonner is apt to get another early call in Sunday’s game at Sacramento.

Bonner played 19 minutes and 37 seconds in the Spurs’ dramatic, 77-75 victory over the Rockets, and that included some key time in the fourth period. he made two 3-pointers in the final 4:20, when the Spurs reeled off 12 unanswered points to complete a comeback from a 14-point deficit for just their second home win of the season.

“Matt did a fine job,” Popovich said. “He was aggressive offensively. He focused well on defense and helped us win the basketball game.”

z0sa
11-15-2008, 05:01 PM
“Matt did a fine job,” Popovich said. “He was aggressive offensively. He focused well on defense and helped us win the basketball game.”

:tu :tu :tu

Thank you as always 228.

ChumpDumper
11-15-2008, 05:02 PM
It's good that he didn't play like he was completely lost or down on himself. Hopefully it's not the last time.

BradLohaus
11-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Did anyone else notice that as soon as Artest missed that last shot and the players came off the bench, Bonner was slowly walking in Duncan's direction and had a look on his face that was like "I finally did good, Tim! Praise me, please!"

Tim kept walking in the other direction; his face said "Finally these fuckers did something."

T Park
11-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Did anyone else notice that as soon as Artest missed that last shot and the players came off the bench, Bonner was slowly walking in Duncan's direction and had a look on his face that was like "I finally did good, Tim! Praise me, please!"

Tim kept walking in the other direction; his face said "Finally these fuckers did something."

Yeah I'm sure thats what Duncan thought.

z0sa
11-15-2008, 05:12 PM

You have no idea what Tim is thinking ... ever :nope

BradLohaus
11-15-2008, 05:22 PM
I know that that's what I was thinking.

Of course, nothing will top Tim's face when Finley jacked up that 3 in Minny. I just wish I could have seen Pop's.

Solid D
11-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Pop didn't get after Bonner during the game that much, so Matt didn't have his head bowed low in the submissive position like he usually does. Matt played a very solid 4th quarter at both ends.

I guess the marble lands on Black 15 once in a while.

http://waterstone.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/roulette.jpg

SequSpur
11-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Matt Bonner is the reason the Spurs are 3 and 5.

Obstructed_View
11-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Matt Bonner is the reason the Spurs are 3 and 5 and not 2 and 6.
Yep.

ducks
11-15-2008, 08:56 PM
pop benched him after Tolliver steal and dunk

anakha
11-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Matt Bonner is the reason the Spurs are 3 and 5.

Not bad. Deliberately vague enough to be taken either way. :lol

SpurSupremacist
11-16-2008, 12:29 AM
When the Bonner bandwagon rolls into town soon, I'll be the only one who can say I was onboard all along :lol

I've been on it since his Toronto days. The guy can play, flat out.

SequSpur
11-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Not bad. Deliberately vague enough to be taken either way. :lol

;)

itzsoweezee
11-16-2008, 01:37 AM
lol. dude comes through in one game and he's a saviour now? he can't do anything else, he damn better well make some freaking threes.

sook
11-16-2008, 01:50 AM
props to SA for having so much heart that game.

homer
11-16-2008, 01:51 AM
lol. dude comes through in one game and he's a saviour now? he can't do anything else, he damn better well make some freaking threes.

Bonner> Scola friday night

Indazone
11-16-2008, 03:27 AM
START BONNER!!

Clank!

Manu-of-steel
11-16-2008, 04:39 AM
bonner is effective against houston coz he's the red rocket himself. nuff said.

mrspurs
11-16-2008, 08:44 AM

:lol that was good. I burnt my upper lip........

mrspurs
11-16-2008, 08:46 AM
props to SA for having so much heart that game.

Agreed. I thought for sure like we've been doing we would quit. But we didnt. And look what happens if you dont quit.