PDA

View Full Version : Does it really matter if Bush...

JoeChalupa
02-21-2005, 02:44 PM
smoked some weed or some blow in his earlier, hard partyin' days?

To me it doesn't. No more than it mattered that Bill got some head in the Oval office.

Now I hear these secretly taped conversations of Bush and Doug Wead, an author and former aide to Mr. Bush's father, have been released and Bush basically admits smoking weed.

To me, it means nothing other than he is human and did what a lot of people his age did. NOT that that means condoning the behavior in any way.

But I think it sucks that a person's personal life can stop what could be a very talented person from pursuing a life of service to their community.

I know Bush has stated in the past that he's done somethings in the past that he is not proud of and he's admitted his drinking heavy in the past and I don't think anyone, and they shouldn't, would hold it against him if he did admit he tried drugs and found out how bad they were and moved on with his life.

I may not agree with Bush on his policies but I admire that he beat his drinking and found religion.

Now, the sarcastic part of me wants a independent counsel appointed to look into this matter and have Bush go under oath and answer the question...."President Bush, have you at any time smoked a blunt or snorted cocaine.?"

I mean, if we can spend millions to find out the truth about a blow job...why not spend millions to find out about a snow job?

Clandestino
02-21-2005, 03:55 PM
i thought he had already admitted all this stuff before... guess no, and no i could care less what he did back then in those terms... it is not like, john kerry throwing away medals and dissing the military, then trying to become commander in chief and trying to hide his anarchist feelings.

CommanderMcBragg
02-21-2005, 03:59 PM
i thought he had already admitted all this stuff before... guess no, and no i could care less what he did back then in those terms... it is not like, john kerry throwing away medals and dissing the military, then trying to become commander in chief and trying to hide his anarchist feelings.

Bush has never admitted his use of cocaine and your comparision to what Kerry did isn't even remotely close since Bush dissed his service entirely.

MannyIsGod
02-21-2005, 04:30 PM
No,it doesn't matter.

The tapes wren't intended to be released, and they haven't.

JoeChalupa
02-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Well, I'm glad we aren't going to be spending millions on this.

exstatic
02-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Now I hear these secretly taped conversations of Bush and Doug Wead, an author and former aide to Mr. Bush's father, have been released and Bush basically admits smoking weed.
Actually, if you've read the transcripts, he doesn't really admit it, he infers it by saying that he would never publicly admit that he did it.

JoeChalupa
02-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Oh, I see...sort of like "not inhaling"? :)

I think he did weed and cocaine but it doesn't matter to me.