PDA

View Full Version : Bogut's ejection (double T with Garnett) could have costed the Bucks the victory

jmard5
11-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Celtics went to win the game in overtime. Bucks lost Bogut (20 pts, 9 rebs, 8-14 FG) with around 3 minutes remaining in regulation with a double T with Garnett (Bogut got an earlier double T with Powe). It was a normal play under the basket; Bogut got the offensive rebound; followed-it up; missed the shot and accidentally hit Garnett in the head. Garnett retaliated and hit Bogut in the face. Refs gave them both the T and then signaled both teams that they will look into the replay. The technical call was not rescinded, of course, and Bogut got ejected.

Replays clearly showed that it was Garnett that was the aggressor. Bogut was having a good game against the Boston's big men like Powe and Davis. Davis eventually fouled out in regulation.

Bucks played without Michael Redd and Charlie Villanueva.

Additional: Ridnour got a very good layup against Ray Allen to tie the ballgame in regulation that lead to OT. Garnett fouled out in OT.

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:26 AM
KG gets a pass on everything now that he has a ring. Couldn't even get T'd up for taunting Calderon.

INTENSITY! CHEST POUND!

Shank
11-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Sweat Gatorade And Yell!

Anti.Hero
11-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Cry. Hang head. FFFFFFFFIST BUMPPPPP!

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Sweat Gatorade And Yell!

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS GOES OUT TO 'SOTA!!!!!!!

The Franchise
11-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Kevin Garnett is a drama queen who gets away with murder. I would like to see someone knock his ass out.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-16-2008, 12:50 AM
He is definately the player i most dislike in the league

KidCongo
11-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Had the Bucks won Cavs would have had best record in east.

Stern wants Celtics back in the finals.

Findog
11-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Had the Bucks won Cavs would have had best record in east.

Stern wants Celtics back in the finals.

Of course, he wants a Lakers-Celtics rematch. Even though Bron-Bron and the Cavs look terrific so far.

sook
11-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Fuck KG, i've been disliking him more and more by the day

Findog
11-16-2008, 01:53 AM
I'd rather see Lakers-Cavs than Lakers-Celtics, to be honest with you. We'll see what Stern does...

Findog
11-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Be cause to be honest, every team in the West is fighting for the honor of being second in the conference behind the Lakers. Looks like that's gonna be New Orleans or Utah, maybe even Phoenix.

Thompson
11-16-2008, 01:57 AM
I must say I am glad to see such a wide assortment of team fans deriding Garnett in this thread. Seems like most of the people I talk to in my daily life give Garnett way more respect than he deserves.

timvp
11-16-2008, 02:13 AM
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS GOES OUT TO 'SOTA!!!!!!!

:lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-16-2008, 02:46 AM
I remember when Melo was suspended was his punch n run effort, then KG did something similar not long after and he didn't get squat done against him.

I really wish some big scrub would put him on his @ss , he never talks up to anyone who he knows could retaliate.

JamStone
11-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Who cares? It's the Bucks.

The tech on Bogut was bad, but he didn't get ejected for that tech. He got ejected because it was his second. If he hadn't had one already, he would have still played.

KG was the "aggressor" but this isn't hockey. There is no "aggressor" rule or "instigator" rule. The refs fucked up. But, had Bogut not already have a technical earlier in the game, it would have been a wash and no one would be complaining there was unfair treatment.

Findog
11-16-2008, 03:26 AM
^ it's just an excuse to bag on KG.

angelbelow
11-16-2008, 03:59 AM
you know what they say, some girls get away with murder.

Slomo
11-16-2008, 04:15 AM
KG gets a pass on everything now that he has a ring. Couldn't even get T'd up for taunting Calderon.

INTENSITY! CHEST POUND!

I think it started long before he got his ring.

timvp
11-16-2008, 04:52 AM
6dk7Il3EqI0

That was so lame that looking back on it I think it officially negated the championship. If Duncan ever did that I'd admit the Spurs only had three titles.

lefty
11-16-2008, 05:05 AM
you know what they say, some girls get away with murder.

:lmao at Vujacic in your sig

He always finds a way to humilites himself on TV :rollin

RsxPiimp
11-16-2008, 05:49 AM
I'd rather see Lakers-Cavs than Lakers-Celtics, to be honest with you. We'll see what Stern does...

werd

Kamnik
11-16-2008, 06:45 AM
He is definately the player i most dislike in the league

Garnett and Vujacic make my top list!

The Franchise
11-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Who cares? It's the Bucks.

The tech on Bogut was bad, but he didn't get ejected for that tech. He got ejected because it was his second. If he hadn't had one already, he would have still played.

KG was the "aggressor" but this isn't hockey. There is no "aggressor" rule or "instigator" rule. The refs fucked up. But, had Bogut not already have a technical earlier in the game, it would have been a wash and no one would be complaining there was unfair treatment.

The point is he should have never gotten the second tech.

JamStone
11-16-2008, 10:51 AM
That's not the point people are making. People are saying KG got a pass. But, he got a tech too. It's true Bogut should not have gotten that second tech, but it has nothing to do with KG getting a pass. KG got his tech. He didn't get ejected because he didn't have an earlier tech. That's not KG getting a pass. That's the refs fucking up the tech they gave to Bogut.

The Franchise
11-16-2008, 10:59 AM
That's not the point people are making. People are saying KG got a pass. But, he got a tech too. It's true Bogut should not have gotten that second tech, but it has nothing to do with KG getting a pass. KG got his tech. He didn't get ejected because he didn't have an earlier tech. That's not KG getting a pass. That's the refs fucking up the tech they gave to Bogut.

KG should have been ejected for throwing a punch (slap) at Bogut. The refs fucked up twice.

JamStone
11-16-2008, 11:07 AM
A punch requires a closed fist. And, players shove each other off of themselves all the time. It definitely wasn't a punch. And, it looked more like KG just trying to get Bogut off of him

You're searching. Sure, KG is a punk. This incident called for him to get a tech. He got a tech.

daslicer
11-16-2008, 11:21 AM
I must say I am glad to see such a wide assortment of team fans deriding Garnett in this thread. Seems like most of the people I talk to in my daily life give Garnett way more respect than he deserves.

I think the reason KG gets a lot of respect from most general fans is because he is great politician. He really knows how to market himself in interviews to look like this passionate caring guy and people then fall for that typical bs line the media spins about him which is KG loves the game so much that he would rather die then not play basketball. Its all about what sells if Duncan had the type of personality KG does in those interviews I would bet you he would have a huge national following.

TheMACHINE
11-16-2008, 11:31 AM
6dk7Il3EqI0

That was so lame that looking back on it I think it officially negated the championship. If Duncan ever did that I'd admit the Spurs only had three titles.

is it true KG was saying that for a commercial for Adidas, but he was suppose to say "Nothing is Impossible" but he screwed up so they stopped the whole marketing plan and wasted millions of dollars on the slogan?

JamStone
11-16-2008, 11:48 AM
"Impossible is Nothing"

"Nothing is impossible" would have been a screw up too.

TheMACHINE
11-16-2008, 12:15 PM
"Impossible is Nothing"

"Nothing is impossible" would have been a screw up too.

ooo your right

TheMadHatter
11-16-2008, 01:14 PM
KG does get away with some things most players wouldn't (i.e. shoving a ref, taunting players, etc.).

I'm noticing that even though BOS has a great record so far they are struggling to put away teams at home and on the road. They could easily be 7-4 or 6-5 at this point without Pierce's 4th quarter heroics.

I gotta say the damn EC is surprising me. A lot of good teams out there so far, but I think the WC will wakeup in the 2nd half of the season.

urunobili
11-16-2008, 02:22 PM
another douchebag move from KG for his all time ones

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 05:51 PM

If Garnett intentionally hit an opposing player in the head, even with an open hand, he should have been sent to the showers. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a guy do that and not be ejected. You can be ejected for missing a punch, so if the contact was anything more than what David West did to Dirk Nowitzki, the Bucks have a legit complaint.

While it's not mandatory by the rulebook, it certainly qualifies as both "unsportsmanlike conduct where a technical foul is assessed" as well as "unnecessary and/or excessive contact", so ejecting Bogut on the double technical when it wouldn't have been a single technical if KG hadn't retaliated, yet not exercising the option of ejecting Garnett or even awarding the Bucks shots for a flagrant foul is horribly bad judgment on the part of the officials.

JamStone
11-16-2008, 07:14 PM
You see players flail their arms and inadvertently hit other players in the head all the time. While KG was definitely trying to get Bogut off of him, it's not clear at all that KG intentionally was trying to smack Bogut in the face. I'm not defending KG being a punk bitch. He definitely is and plenty of times at that. But, in this incident, I don't see it as KG trying to in any way hit Bogut in the face.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 10:14 PM
You see players flail their arms and inadvertently hit other players in the head all the time.

Kobe bryant got suspended twice for exactly that, and I'm not sure, but I don't think he got a technical either time. If KG got a T, then the refs knew he did something wrong.

It would be a lot easier to comment directly on what happened rather than talking around it if there were a clip somewhere.

JamStone
11-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Hadn't Kobe gotten away with on several occasions before the officials started looking for it? Kobe got those ejections because he had recently gotten Mike Miller and Marko Jaric in the face and not been ejected from the games.

I thought you had seen the clip. KG definitely hit Bogut in the face. It wasn't a punch, but from the clip, from my opinion it was more about KG just trying to get Bogut off of him, as Bogut smacks KG in the face twice (also inadvertently) as he was putting up shots at the basket.

Lp26
11-16-2008, 10:51 PM

INTENSITY! CHEST POUND!

:lmao

On one of the post games with GP/Webber; Webber kept talking about how he thinks KG has some problems b/c he's constantly talking to himself.

edited to add;

I saw the play he hit him in the face with an open palm and he had to reach for Bogut to do it, but who cares. KG can push refs and still stay in the game.