PDA

View Full Version : Agent: Not A Lock That McDyess Will Return To Detroit (Somewhat Spurs-Related)

crc21209
11-16-2008, 02:44 AM
Andy Miller, the agent for forward Antonio McDyess, claims that it's not a foregone conclusion that the veteran will return to the Pistons.

"It's not a foregone conclusion that he'll go back to Detroit," Miller told ESPN.com. "We're sifting through everything that has transpired. I don't think 'hurt' would be the way to characterize how he felt about being traded, but he was caught off guard."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55463/20081115/agent_not_a_lock_that_mcdyess_will_return_to_detro it/

Manufan909
11-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Getting McDyess would be a god-send, which is why it won't happen.

Hypothetically speaking, who would be the best big to waive if the spurs landed him? Toll might be the cheapest option, but he has the most upside out of the active bigs. KT is one of the most expensive, but he's currently the shittiest PF/C they have(that's said when Bonner is in the group too). Any ideas?

tp2021
11-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Getting McDyess would be a god-send, which is why it won't happen.+1

Hypothetically speaking, who would be the best big to waive if the spurs landed him? Toll might be the cheapest option, but he has the most upside out of the active bigs. KT is one of the most expensive, but he's currently the shittiest PF/C they have(that's said when Bonner is in the group too). Any ideas?
My guess is that they would let go of Ahearn. The Spurs seem to be keeping that 15th spot flexible.

Manufan909
11-16-2008, 03:45 AM
True, true. And sadly, the waves of pessimism covering this forum have started to engulf me.:depressed

But seriously, if a big HAD to be waived to get McDyess(in Pop's mind), who do you think he'd vote off?

DMX7
11-16-2008, 03:49 AM
McDyss is so much better than Kurt Thomas it's sick.

angelbelow
11-16-2008, 04:06 AM
i just hope he doesnt goto any western conference teams, mavs could desperately use him, so could many teams in the east like hawks, celtics, and ofcousre the pistons. so with that said id rather he just go back to the pistons.

Manu-of-steel
11-16-2008, 04:08 AM
he'd go back to the pistons, just like what barry done last year.

anakha
11-16-2008, 04:12 AM
The agent's doing a pretty good job of avoiding another Stackhouse-style trade blunder.

MannyIsGod
11-16-2008, 07:36 AM
The agent's doing a pretty good job of avoiding another Stackhouse-style trade blunder.

Exactly. The same shit Barry did last season before calling it for the Spurs. These guys are all smarter than that idiot Stackhouse.

jbspurs
11-16-2008, 10:59 AM

The trade was completed more than a week ago, Do you think it still matter upto now?

T Park
11-16-2008, 11:03 AM
have to quell the obvious for thirty days. He's going back to Detroit obviously...

ducks
11-16-2008, 11:09 AM
spurs could still offer him more then alot of teams
they have a little more then the mle I believe

tmtcsc
11-16-2008, 11:35 AM
i just hope he doesnt goto any western conference teams, mavs could desperately use him, so could many teams in the east like hawks, celtics, and ofcousre the pistons. so with that said id rather he just go back to the pistons.

Mavs ? Nah, he still wants a chance at a title. He won't consider Dallas. However, once they get their stars back from injury they might make a run at it. Oh wait......:rollin

m33p0
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
:lol:lmao that was still one of the most hilarious moments in mavs' recent history.

exstatic
11-16-2008, 07:27 PM
The trade was completed more than a week ago, Do you think it still matter upto now?

Uh, you'll notice that Stack was NOT included in the Dallas/NJ trade last year because of his fat mouth. There is no statute of limitations on flouting league rules by discussing this shit in the press. You play it like Barry did or like McD appears to be doing this year, or the trade can be rescinded or the clubs fined.

exstatic
11-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Has he even visited anywhere else? Anything set up? He could have started the day Denver bought him out. That he hasn't speaks loudly that there was a pre-arrangement with Detroit, and that he'll be back there.

jbspurs
11-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Uh, you'll notice that Stack was NOT included in the Dallas/NJ trade last year because of his fat mouth. There is no statute of limitations on flouting league rules by discussing this shit in the press. You play it like Barry did or like McD appears to be doing this year, or the trade can be rescinded or the clubs fined.

UH, Stack did that prior to the trade being completed... A little diff., don't you think?

exstatic
11-16-2008, 11:29 PM
UH, Stack did that prior to the trade being completed... A little diff., don't you think?

Only the situation, not the consequences if a pre-arranged deal is found out by someone running their mouth.

SequSpur
11-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Only the situation, not the consequences if a pre-arranged deal is found out by someone running their mouth.

you remind me of ducks but with better communication skills.

Spurtacus
11-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I hope we can woo him somehow. Thomas has been disappointing.

Jahivah
11-16-2008, 11:54 PM
A big who can actually knock down a 16 footer and give you 7 rebounds a game. I say suit him up,

Avitus1
11-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Blah blah blah... he'll be back in Detroit before the year is out.

Russ
11-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I don't get why everyone wants Thomas gone but wants McDyess here.

They're the same guy.

exstatic
11-17-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't get why everyone wants Thomas gone but wants McDyess here.

They're the same guy.

:lmao On his worst day, McD wins 100 out of 100 jump balls with Thomas. Even though he isn't the absolute jumping jack he once was, he's a better athlete than any big on the Spurs not named Mahinmi. He can board better than anyone but Duncan.

exstatic
11-17-2008, 12:10 AM
you remind me of ducks but with better communication skills.

You remind me of wisnub, but with worse communication skills.

mystargtr34
11-17-2008, 12:19 AM
You remind me of wisnub, but with worse communication skills.

:lol wow