PDA

View Full Version : Belinelli to the Nets?

hoopdreams11
11-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Word out is he is about to be traded to the Nets but for whom? we should get in on this maybe we could ge sean williams.

Sissiborgo
11-16-2008, 07:11 AM
that dude....

spurscenter
11-16-2008, 08:38 AM
the dude from GS???

that dude is gonna be a star if he gets past the politics

DROB4EVER
11-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Surprised the Spurs didnt take a look at this guy, they liked him in the draft a couple years ago. He is gonna be a good player.

hoopdreams11
11-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah the guy from GS maybe we could move bonner,kt, jacque to get what we need

Darkwaters
11-16-2008, 09:38 AM
I like Marco quite a bit. But hes definitely a volume shooter. I have some doubts about how well he'd fit in with this team.

Spurs Brazil
11-16-2008, 10:55 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55461/20081115/belinelli_headed_to_the_nets/

Belinelli Headed To The Nets?

Nov 15, 2008 4:01 PM EST
Warriors guard Marco Belinelli is close to being traded to the Nets, according to a source close to Belinelli.

The source claimed that talks were on going between the Warriors and Nets, but that the guard was made aware that a deal could transpire soon.

Sources close to the Nets would not confirm the rumors.

JamStone
11-16-2008, 12:11 PM
If it's for Sean Williams, that will suck.

Steve-O-Matic
11-16-2008, 12:14 PM
2007-08 season: The "Did They Really Say That?" award for 2007 goes to the Warriors brass who speculated Belinelli might beat out Monta Ellis for a starting job. Puh-leeze -- this guy might not be able to start in the D-League.

Belinelli did exactly what his Euroleague translations predicted: he had a decent scoring rate with a bad shooting percentage, a low rate of assists, and truly horrid rebounding. Though he's 6-6, Belinelli grabbed only 3.1 percent of missed shots when he played; had he met the 500-minute cutoff that would have been the worst rebound rate in basketball (for comparison Earl Boykins, who is 13 inches shorter and in his 30s, had a rebound rate of 3.4).

The rebound rate is a fairly strong indicator that Belinelli simply isn't athletic enough to compete at this level; other red flags screaming out this information are that he didn't block a shot all season, and that he earned only nine free throws in 242 minutes.

At a bare minimum, he needs to shoot a whole lot better. He came in advertised as a shooter but hit only 38.7 percent from the floor. The one positive was his 39.0 percent mark on 3-pointers, and if he wants to survive in the league he should specialize more in this shot and shoot fewer long 2s off the dribble.

Scouting report: A left-hander with a sweet, high-arcing delivery, Belinelli certainly isn't somebody you'd want to leave open on the perimeter. However, he's had surprisingly poor shooting percentages throughout his career -- both in Europe and in Golden State -- and one wonders if his shot selection needs work.

Defensively, he was hopeless in his rookie season, but he's not the first player in history to struggle with that transition. At 6-6 he could become a competent wing defender in time, but given his slow feet and lack of hops it's going to be an uphill battle.

2008-09 outlook: Save for one brilliant summer league game, there's nothing in Belinelli's track record to suggest he's an NBA rotation player, so I certainly wouldn't place much faith in his ability to produce this year. The Warriors will probably give him a few chances to earn a rotation spot, since they invested a first-round pick in him, but given his other glaring weaknesses he'll need to hit 45 percent or so on 3s in order to keep it.

exstatic
11-16-2008, 01:32 PM
If you're a guy who never met a shot he didn't like, and you can't even crack the rotation on a Don Nelson team, you're fucking worthless.

SenorSpur
11-16-2008, 01:39 PM
All this after Nelson talked up this guy shortly after they drafted him. You would've thought he was Dirk Nowitzki.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Lack of hops? Who is moron who write this article? Belinelli is overrate player because had never establish himself as star in Europe ever and again NBA is obsess with "potential".

But lack of hops? This idiot. He certainly have no lack of hops from times I seem him play.

Steve-O-Matic
11-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Lack of hops? Who is moron who write this article? Belinelli is overrate player because had never establish himself as star in Europe ever and again NBA is obsess with "potential".

But lack of hops? This idiot. He certainly have no lack of hops from times I seem him play.

That's because you're judging him by Greece/Europe standards and not NBA by standards.

exstatic
11-16-2008, 02:06 PM
That's because you're judging him by Greece/Europe standards and not NBA by standards.

He's judging him by Comcast standards.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-16-2008, 02:41 PM

lol you moron. There are all kind of super dunkers in Europe and Greece. Childress is not even best dunker probably in his own team.

m33p0
11-16-2008, 02:42 PM
one good reason to get Bellinelli: his girlfriend!

TheMadHatter
11-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Wow Sean Williams would be a steal for GSW if that's the deal.

SenorSpur
11-16-2008, 02:47 PM
They're looking to move Marco, yet Harrington was supposed to be the higher priority.

timvp
11-16-2008, 03:01 PM
If you're a guy who never met a shot he didn't like, and you can't even crack the rotation on a Don Nelson team, you're fucking worthless.Pretty much. I'm not sure why NBA fans overrate him so much. He's a volume shooter who does nothing else. If a player is too one-dimensional for Nellie, I doubt any other coach will deal with his shortcomings.

Steve-O-Matic
11-16-2008, 05:23 PM
lol you moron. There are all kind of super dunkers in Europe and Greece. Childress is not even best dunker probably in his own team.

I've got news for you, Josh Childress has NEVER been the best dunker on ANY team he's played for. He's about as much of a non-leaper as Belinelli, so if he's your litmus test for vetting who does and doesn't have good hops, then it's no wonder you consider Belinelli a human kangaroo. :lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I've got news for you, Josh Childress has NEVER been the best dunker on ANY team he's played for. He's about as much of a non-leaper as Belinelli, so if he's your litmus test for vetting who does and doesn't have good hops, then it's no wonder you consider Belinelli a human kangaroo. :lol

You are a joke. Childress has many ESPN top dunks idiot.

Steve-O-Matic
11-16-2008, 05:58 PM
You are a joke. Childress has many ESPN top dunks idiot.

He's 6-8. It's not hard for a guy who is 6-8 to dunk. There's a big difference between being able to dunk, and being a leaper. Larry Bird could dunk, too. Childress is not a leaper, and neither is Bellineli. I'd quit while you're behind, because niether the facts nor the masses are going to be on your side with this one.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-16-2008, 06:03 PM
He's 6-8. It's not hard for a guy who is 6-8 to dunk. There's a big difference between being able to dunk, and being a leaper. Larry Bird could dunk, too. Childress is not a leaper, and neither is Bellineli. I'd quit while you're behind, because niether the facts nor the masses are going to be on your side with this one.

You are beyond retard

tp2021
11-16-2008, 06:04 PM
You are beyond retard

Sig worthy.

Steve-O-Matic
11-16-2008, 06:19 PM
You are beyond retard

Nice give-up, Bill. Just throw out personal insults, cover your ears, and scream "La la la la la la la...". Excellent work, your debating skills would make Frederick Douglas envious.

Spurs Brazil
11-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Nets Reject Trade Of Bellinelli For Boone Or Williams

Nov 16, 2008 4:26 PM EST
The Nets have had trade talks with the Warriors involving Al Harrington and Marco Bellinelli.

A league source said the Warriors asked for either Josh Boone or Sean Williams in exchange for Bellinelli but the Nets didn't like the deal.

The Nets have seven power forwards/centers, making a trade likely. But because of injuries in their frontcourt, nothing is imminent.

"We talk to people a lot," Rod Thorn said. "Most of it's idle chatter like with most teams. I don't really have anything to say about it."
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55477/20081116/nets_reject_trade_of_bellinelli_for_boone_or_willi ams/

Bob Lanier
11-16-2008, 06:30 PM
your debating skills would make Frederick Douglas envious.
Oh wow. I think you just one-upped Kill Bill Pana.