PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' Playoffs or Lottery

galvatron3000
11-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Are the Spurs better than Dallas, Memphis, Golden State and the Clippers?

Essentially in the West in order to make the playoffs in the 8th spot you'd hae to say yes or else we're lottery bound. It's hard to say but as the season goes on the tea with the more favorablr schedule will claim the 8th seed and that's with the Spurs current rotation, I personally believe Manu changes everything, moreso than Parker and especially now. If Manu can return to form fairly quickly then expect the Spurs to move up to as high as 6.

This is the question I think we should ask and watch for the remainder of the season.

urunobili
11-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Maybe we'll end up 3rd...

galvatron3000
11-16-2008, 08:47 AM
depends on wins for us and losses for others

DROB4EVER
11-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I think we will make the playoffs, but it depends on how we do the next 10 games. Ian is gonna be a big factor in how far we go and Tim really needs to start rebounding and blocking some shots he has been awfulllll at both this year,

I dont think we are far off from being a true contender but we need to make some minor moves to help us out in the front court.

SenorSpur
11-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I really believe it will come down to two things.

1. The continuing good health of core players for the duration of the season

2. Just how deep of a hole this team will be in the standings race. Remember the Western Conference is even tougher than last year - we say this every year - and the competition for playoff spots will be intense. If the Spurs have a bad remainder of the month, and are near the bottom third of the conference when Manu and TP return, they would likely have to go on some incredible, consecutive, game-winning streak. Meanwhile, the other budding conference playoff teams would need to lose a bunch of games, in order to make up ground. That's asking a lot.

mrspurs
11-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Only time will tell. I still feel we will make a trade soon. As long as the rest of the west keeps beating up on each other. We might sneak into the POs. Having the young guns ready and steady will help. Having Manu and TP playing and hopefully healthy is to our advantage. But Timmy? We saw what he had last season. And imo it wasnt much. And so far we're killing him with minutes. I dont see us going far with Timmy another year older and more tired then ever. If there was someway of getting Timmy some rest we might be better then anyone come PO time.

galvatron3000
11-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I expect a trade but as always closer to the deadline, when the team will be evaluated after the health issues are addressed. By that time Ian should have had a time to contribute and we'll see if an addition is needed or expiring contract will try to be obtained. Outside the Lakers, Jazz, Sun and Blazers I think the Spurs (healthy) are right there.

ducks
11-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Houston 6 4
New Orleans 5 4
San Antonio 3 5
Memphis 3 7
Dallas 2 7

spurs could easily win their division

houston will have injuries all teams do
also spurs now have beaten houston

galvatron3000
11-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I doubt they win their division, making the playoffs is a more reasonable assessment.

ducks
11-16-2008, 04:34 PM
why
spurs always start slow

m33p0
11-16-2008, 05:02 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP OR BUST!
that's always been the Spurs mantra for some years now. that will not change regardless of injuries.

tp2021
11-16-2008, 06:10 PM
The Spurs are only 1 loss back of the first place team in the division. I would bet money that at least 3 of the teams in the SW division will make the playoffs.