PDA

View Full Version : Ritter: 'W Has Signed Off For June Bombing of Iran'

Nbadan
02-21-2005, 05:24 PM
By Mark Jensen
United for Peace of Pierce County (WA)
February 19, 2005

Scott Ritter, appearing with journalist Dahr Jamail yesterday in Washington State, dropped two shocking bombshells in a talk delivered to a packed house in Olympia’s Capitol Theater. The ex-Marine turned UNSCOM weapons inspector said that George W. Bush has "signed off" on plans to bomb Iran in June 2005, and claimed the U.S. manipulated the results of the recent Jan. 30 elections in Iraq.

Olympians like to call the Capitol Theater "historic," but it's doubtful whether the eighty-year-old edifice has ever been the scene of more portentous revelations.

The principal theme of Scott Ritter's talk was Americans’ duty to protect the U.S. Constitution by taking action to bring an end to the illegal war in Iraq. But in passing, the former UNSCOM weapons inspector stunned his listeners with two pronouncements. Ritter said plans for a June attack on Iran have been submitted to President George W. Bush, and that the president has approved them. He also asserted that knowledgeable sources say U.S. officials "cooked" the results of the Jan. 30 elections in Iraq.

<snip>

more from the article...

On Iran, Ritter said that President George W. Bush has received and signed off on orders for an aerial attack on Iran planned for June 2005. Its purported goal is the destruction of Iran’s alleged program to develop nuclear weapons, but Ritter said neoconservatives in the administration also expected that the attack would set in motion a chain of events leading to regime change in the oil-rich nation of 70 million -- a possibility Ritter regards with the greatest skepticism.

The former Marine also said that the Jan. 30 elections, which George W. Bush has called "a turning point in the history of Iraq, a milestone in the advance of freedom," were not so free after all. Ritter said that U.S. authorities in Iraq had manipulated the results in order to reduce the percentage of the vote received by the United Iraqi Alliance from 56% to 48%.

Asked by UFPPC's Ted Nation about this shocker, Ritter said an official involved in the manipulation was the source, and that this would soon be reported by a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist in a major metropolitan magazine -- an obvious allusion to New Yorker reporter Seymour M. Hersh.

On Jan. 17, the New Yorker posted an article by Hersh entitled The Coming Wars (New Yorker, January 24-31, 2005). In it, the well-known investigative journalist claimed that for the Bush administration, "The next strategic target [is] Iran." Hersh also reported that "The Administration has been conducting secret reconnaissance missions inside Iran at least since last summer." According to Hersh, "Defense Department civilians, under the leadership of Douglas Feith, have been working with Israeli planners and consultants to develop and refine potential nuclear, chemical-weapons, and missile targets inside Iran. . . . Strategists at the headquarters of the U.S. Central Command, in Tampa, Florida, have been asked to revise the military’s war plan, providing for a maximum ground and air invasion of Iran. . . . The hawks in the Administration believe that it will soon become clear that the Europeans’ negotiated approach [to Iran] cannot succeed, and that at that time the Administration will act."

Scott Ritter said that although the peace movement failed to stop the war in Iraq, it had a chance to stop the expansion of the war to other nations like Iran and Syria. He held up the specter of a day when the Iraq war might be remembered as a relatively minor event that preceded an even greater conflagration.

Lori R. Price
Gen. Mgr., Citizens for Legitimate Government
LegitGov.org (http://www.legitgov.org/)

An attack on Iran will send oil prices above $60 a barrel.

Oil companies will reap obscene profits from American drivers.

...and recycle their ill-gotten gains back to the RNC just in time for the 2006 elections.

Ah, ya gotta admire the evil genius of it all...

...on the other hand, I can't wait for the Seymour Hersh article....

Useruser666
02-21-2005, 05:59 PM
The whole article...

http://www.ufppc.org/content/view/2295/

I think the US probably has plans to bomb half the countries on the planet. Does that mean it will happen? Uh, no.

Nice web site to reference there Dan.

Nbadan
02-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Nice web site to reference there Dan.

Would you have preferred Talon News? Is Guckert still around?

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Wow, I'm shocked. A traitor turned Al Jazeera mouthpiece saying shit to try and incite the locals in the Mideast, conveniently released on the heels of the ruling Sunnis in Iraq saying they're tired of Zarqawi and his gang of thugs.

There's no ulterior motives here, none at all...

Useruser666
02-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Would you have preferred Talon News? Is Guckert still around?

Have I quoted them? Then STFU.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-21-2005, 09:47 PM
This thread cracks me up. Only a scumbag like Dan would defend an asshole like Ritter mumbling on a channel like Al Jazeera.

I'd show up on his doorstep and kick Ritter's ass myself, only problem is I'd need a plane ticket to Zarqawi's place.

exstatic
02-21-2005, 09:47 PM
I think the US probably has plans to bomb half the countries on the planet.
Now, I see that as a problem.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Why is it a problem? You don't think Britain, Germany, France, China, NK, SK, have the same?

Useruser666
02-21-2005, 11:37 PM
Now, I see that as a problem.

Uh, then maybe you need to understand that is the way it has been since WWII. Somewhere is probably a plan to invade Canada.

Nbadan
02-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Yet more confirmation, this time from diplomatic sources, that the US adminstration is preparing to act in June on Iran and Nukes if there is no diplomatic solution by then with the Euros...

In its drive to stop Iran gaining any ability to make nuclear weapons, the United States is ready to give European allies only until June to cajole Tehran before Washington seeks U.N. sanctions, U.S. diplomatic documents show.

Washington will not push the International Atomic Energy Agency board to refer Iran's case to the Security Council when it meets next week and no resolutions condemning the Islamic republic are expected to be adopted then, diplomats on the 35-nation board told Reuters.

But the next quarterly meeting in June will be different.

Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/news/world/europe/articles/2005/02/25/us_may_give_eu_till_june_to_coax_iran_on_nukes)

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Useruser666
02-25-2005, 04:57 PM
So what? That article says nothing about use of force.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Dan, UN sanctions does not equal invasion, even in your fucked up reality.

You embarrass yourself when you trot out a guy in Scott Ritter who has done everything but mutter "allah ahkbar" and Osama is my daddy.