PDA

View Full Version : Keeping cats away

Clandestino
11-16-2008, 09:31 PM
There are a lot of "remedies" on the internet. Who can tell me a tried and true method to keep them away. I really don't want to trap the neighbors cat, nor kill them...

I'd love to kill the bastards, I just don't want to have some dead cat in my yard!

duncan228
11-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Some of the sprays they sell for outside work. There was one called 'Shoo', I don't know if they make it anymore but it worked. You may have to try a couple until you find one that works. And you have to re-spray after rain or sprinklers. Be sure to get one that says 'outdoors', they make indoor ones too and they're different.

Ginofan
11-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Cayenne pepper sprinkled around the yard or area where the cats are congregating works for a little bit, until rains.

Clandestino
11-16-2008, 09:59 PM
damn, it sounds easier to shoot them! otherwise i'll be re-applying shit forever!

Ginofan
11-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah it's not really a good fix, but it's all I could think of that has worked temporarily. Maybe you should get a dog.

RandomGuy
11-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Tried and true for thousands of years...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/Wikilabrador_jardin.JPG/250px-Wikilabrador_jardin.JPG

ORION
11-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Cats hate tuna. Every night put tuna all over the place you don't want cats.

mrsmaalox
11-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Why would anyone want to keep cats away?! :dizzy

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Why would anyone want to keep cats away?! :dizzy

Cause Cats suck ass

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-17-2008, 10:47 AM
The enemy of your enemy is your friend. Supply the birds in your yard with firearms.

Dr. Gonzo
11-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Broken glass in tuna.

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Broken glass in tuna.

Steven loves cats, he had one one time and was very excited.

mrsmaalox
11-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Cause Cats suck ass

:huh I've never seen a cat do that! You must associate with a different class of cats.

I. Hustle
11-17-2008, 04:21 PM
The first thing you gotta do is stop listening to these idiots with their shoo spray, cayenne pepper, Maalox’s open legs theories.
If you really want to take care of this feline situation listen to me.
Step 1: If your wife/gf is hot then start by getting her to walk around the house nude with the windows open. If you don’t have a hot SO then purchase one at your local hookery. Do this every evening after 6 o’clock as this is when the cats will be most active. If possible get more than one attractive female to do this simultaneously. It is a well known fact that beautiful women are a natural cat repellant. (Don’t believe me? Look at the women that have cats)
Step 2: Stop by your local liquor store and purchase several bottles of Crown and some cases of Dos XX. Do not open these though because it’s not so much the odor as it is the specific color that you are looking for. Make sure to keep them cold as well as this will enhance the colors in the bottles.
Step 3: Order pizza. That’s right something so simple as ordering pizza works. It is the mixture of cheap vehicles and zit covered teenager that repels cats.
Step 4: This is the last and most important step so please follow carefully. PM me your address.

Repeat these steps every Friday around 6:30 and 6:45 and stay away from your house if you want them to be truly effective. If a Spurs game is on then simply push your television until it is visible from the front yard.

If you ever have any other questions about anything else just let me know. Don’t be surprised if the answers look the same as this is a cure all remedy.

The sone
11-18-2008, 01:09 AM
unbridled, unchecked FIRE!!!! it even works with humans with hoses... burn yo shit...or not.

MiamiHeat
11-18-2008, 03:44 AM
I had this problem about 2 months ago. This one stupid female cat kept coming to our house at night and would moan and make noises by my window. I think she was having cat sex or giving birth, I don't know but it was annoying. It sounds like a baby crying sometimes.

Anyway, this is how I solved it :

I went to youtube, rasied the volume on the speakers to really loud, and searched for 'dog barking' and 'mean dog'. I did this in the middle of this damn cat's moaning session at night. It was instant. The cat shut up with all the youtube dog barking and never came back.

PM5K
11-18-2008, 04:12 AM
Cats keep snakes away...

MiamiHeat
11-18-2008, 04:19 AM
Snakes keep diseased rats and mice away.......

I. Hustle
11-18-2008, 10:20 AM
diseased mice and rats keep cockroaches away...

marini martini
11-18-2008, 10:35 AM
cock roaches keep me away...

ATRAIN
11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
The first thing you gotta do is stop listening to these idiots with their shoo spray, cayenne pepper, Maalox’s open legs theories.

LMAO

I. Hustle
11-18-2008, 11:12 AM
cock's keep me coming...

tonylongoriafan
11-18-2008, 11:33 AM
dogs

tonylongoriafan
11-18-2008, 11:33 AM
or seriously...shoot them with a paintball gun

MannyIsGod
11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
If you really want to take care of this feline situation listen to me.
Step 1: If your wife/gf is hot then start by getting her to walk around the house nude with the windows open. If you don’t have a hot SO then purchase one at your local hookery. Do this every evening after 6 o’clock as this is when the cats will be most active. If possible get more than one attractive female to do this simultaneously. It is a well known fact that beautiful women are a natural cat repellant. (Don’t believe me? Look at the women that have cats)
Step 2: Stop by your local liquor store and purchase several bottles of Crown and some cases of Dos XX. Do not open these though because it’s not so much the odor as it is the specific color that you are looking for. Make sure to keep them cold as well as this will enhance the colors in the bottles.
Step 3: Order pizza. That’s right something so simple as ordering pizza works. It is the mixture of cheap vehicles and zit covered teenager that repels cats.
Step 4: This is the last and most important step so please follow carefully. PM me your address.

Repeat these steps every Friday around 6:30 and 6:45 and stay away from your house if you want them to be truly effective. If a Spurs game is on then simply push your television until it is visible from the front yard.

If you ever have any other questions about anything else just let me know. Don’t be surprised if the answers look the same as this is a cure all remedy.

Wow this post was a total failure.

MannyIsGod
11-18-2008, 12:08 PM
The enemy of your enemy is your friend. Supply the birds in your yard with firearms.

:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-18-2008, 01:00 PM

:lol Sweet!

Clandestino
11-18-2008, 07:57 PM
i have a big ass dog who chases them when she goes out. however, i live in the city and can't leave her outside to kill cats all day/night.

i think i need to buy a bad ass pelletgun... a .22 is too big for the city.

Thebesteva
05-06-2014, 06:05 AM
There are a lot of "remedies" on the internet. Who can tell me a tried and true method to keep them away. I really don't want to trap the neighbors cat, nor kill them...

I'd love to kill the bastards, I just don't want to have some dead cat in my yard!

I know a certain user on these boards that you can dump them on once you catch them

Gummi Clutch
05-06-2014, 08:04 AM
you really bumped a 6 year old thread for this shit?

Big Empty
05-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Cats hate tuna. Every night put tuna all over the place you don't want cats.
LMFAO!!!!!!

Big Empty
05-06-2014, 11:16 AM
i had a rat problem and a roach problem when i moved in to my townhome 4 years ago. They are decent but there are alot of woods around. i started leaving catfood outside the back door and now i have no rat, roach or snake problems. i hate cats but lovethe ghetto cats that hang around cause i feed them. now im sure any rodent that comes near my house gets eaten alive #salud

Biernutz
05-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Use a fence shocker wire like they use for livestock..wipe the wire with tuna fish then water down the ground
under the wire to make a good ground. When the cat goes to smell the wire it zaps the hell out out of them
and they wont be back....It wont kill or injure them but they get the point...