PDA

View Full Version : Winning Streak!!!!!!

MannyIsGod
11-16-2008, 11:26 PM
2 games baby.

What.

SpursPreacher
11-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Yes it is good

exstatic
11-16-2008, 11:27 PM
:lmao Peeps probably didn't think we'd win two games with this roster, period.

jbspurs
2 games baby.

What.

This is just the beginning!

benefactor
Get some, naysayers.

Obstructed_View
The O_V vBookie reverse curse continues...

bdictjames
11-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Duncan squeezing out clutch baskets for us to get those wins but whatever!

SequSpur
11-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Spurs 1 game out of first place!!!!!!!!!

timvp
11-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Got damn this team has heart :smokin

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Spurs are now in the playoffs; they just have to tread water until Manu and Parker return.

Fermixalot
The O_V vBookie reverse curse continues...

OV, please keep betting against the Spurs.

MannyIsGod

I haven't been this amped up for November basketball in a long ass time. Its awesome.

timvp
11-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Second straight game the Spurs go through a couple stretches where they look dead in the water ... only to come back and figure out a way to win.

:tu

exstatic
11-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Get some, naysayers.

Werd.:nerd

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/5/7/757b7b0178a7a6e60a695e063de8c51a.jpg

ducks
11-16-2008, 11:32 PM
what is with booner
did he feel pressure and decided he did not want a rookie to get his minutes and start earning his paycheck

easjer
11-16-2008, 11:33 PM
It's a beautiful thing to behold.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 11:34 PM
OV, please keep betting against the Spurs.

As long as I got a dollar to spend...

timvp
11-16-2008, 11:34 PM
These are some character building games. Reminds me of those wins in '05 against the Clippers and Warriors when the team was shorthanded.

This is where championship mettle is made. Still obviously a long ways to go but these I like the end of game mental toughness we've seen lately.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 11:36 PM
I think the Spurs have only had that one game where they didn't have a run in the fourth quarter, and they've ouscored the other team in the 4th in almost every game. Seems like they're also doing a good job of taking care of the ball.

benefactor
11-16-2008, 11:39 PM
These are some character building games. Reminds me of those wins in '05 against the Clippers and Warriors when the team was shorthanded.

This is where championship mettle is made. Still obviously a long ways to go but these I like the end of game mental toughness we've seen lately.
Indeed. We have our stars that have played big in big moments to win games for us. Now it is a team effort that is producing these types of wins without them. Definitely a great thing to see.

VaSpursFan
11-16-2008, 11:41 PM

+1...with the supporting cast displaying such fortitude, we should be ready to make a serious run when TP and Manu returns. hopefully Ian will be back as well and so we can see what the Spurs bring at full strength.

Spurtacus
11-16-2008, 11:41 PM
2 games. Feels good.

I didn't think we'd be 3-1 at this point.

Fermixalot
11-16-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm really proud that this group is pulling together and willing themselves to victory. The team plays well together, and gives the superstars the opportunity to win the game at the end.

We held 6 of the last 7 teams we've played to under 100 points, the D is coming back. Once we can get a good rhythm and chemistry, along with Tony and Manu, we'll be rolling.

tav1
11-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Spurs are now in the playoffs; they just have to tread water until Manu and Parker return.

:lol:lmao:rollin

SenorSpur
11-16-2008, 11:45 PM

+2. Once again, the Spurs pull a victory out of the jaws of near defeat. Great win!

tav1
11-16-2008, 11:46 PM

Pop is doing a lot with little. He's shown some big brass one with some of his line ups...like benching Bowen in favor of offense, for example.

If the Spurs can get this to .500 and maintain just above or below that mark until Tony, Manu and Ian are ready to play, they'll be in great shape.

samikeyp
11-16-2008, 11:48 PM

+3

That is the kind of thing that can benefit this team in the future. Facing adversity and knowing that they can overcome it.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Pop is doing a lot with little. He's shown some big brass one with some of his line ups...like benching Bowen in favor of offense, for example.

To be completely accurate, Pop benched Bowen in favor of defense.

Cry Havoc
11-16-2008, 11:50 PM
I love how our guys are just coming up with plays at the right time.

Manny, Timvp, I echo your thoughts.

NewJerSpur
11-16-2008, 11:57 PM

This is also how you strengthen your bench which in turn will give the team something they especially lacked last season: DEPTH. I love it man. I also agree with Manny in that Spurs fans normally take November for granted and don't really get into the swing of things until the 2nd half of the season....sometimes the All-Star break for that matter. It's cool to see Tim and his band of journeymen fighting for their lives when Tim Legler left them for dead. Someone should come up with a sig mocking Legs if we REALLY get on a roll without Parker and Manu :devil......but I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. One game at a time.

Biggems
11-16-2008, 11:58 PM
if not for that stupid chokefest in Milwaukee, we would be 5-4.....but hey, we did win cause of the Rockets chokefest on Friday, so I guess those two games offset one another.

DROB4EVER
If we can stay afloat, pops is coach of the year.

T Park
To be completely accurate, Pop benched Bowen in favor of defense.

Uh.....

Thomas82
2 games baby.

What.

My Cowboys won too, so the night just got even better.

T Park
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
if not for that stupid chokefest in Milwaukee, we would be 5-4.....but hey, we did win cause of the Rockets chokefest on Friday, so I guess those two games offset one another.

Finley makes that shot in Portland they are 6-3 :spin

peskypesky
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
If Mason and Hill keep developing, then the league better watch out when Tony & Manu get back. Yes sir.

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Uh.....

What part would you like explained to you?

exstatic
11-17-2008, 12:01 AM
wisnub must be shitting itself.

peskypesky
11-17-2008, 12:02 AM
My Cowboys won too, so the night just got even better.

Yeah, well, my Giants just stomped on on Baltimore. And with Favre & the Jets doing so well, it's good to be a NYC football fan these days.
:flag:

Avitus1
11-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Go Spurs Go!

duncan228
11-17-2008, 12:06 AM
McDonald checking ST for his opening line. :lol

Duncan-led Spurs slip by Kings (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Final_Spurs_90_Kings_88.html)
By Jeff McDonald

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Don’t look now, but the Spurs have a winning streak.

Tim Duncan scored 20 points — including the winning basket with 15.5 seconds to go — to help lift the Spurs to a 90-88 comeback victory at Arco Arena on Sunday night.

Michael Finley added 21 points for the Spurs, who have now won as many as two in a row for the first time this season.

John Salmons threw in a season-high 31 points for the Kings, who were playing without leading scorer Kevin Martin.

In a game reminiscent of the Spurs’ victory over Houston two nights earlier, a wild fourth quarter came down to the final seconds. As has been the case for most of the season, Duncan lifted the Spurs, connecting on an off-balance layup over Quincy Douby to provide the winning points.

There was obvious contact on the play — it could have gone as a charge on Duncan or a block on Douby. Officials called nothing, and the Spurs took a 90-88 lead.

The Kings had two chances to win or tie.

Brad Miller’s baseline jumper with 4.9 seconds left was no good, and Duncan was fouled while corralling the rebound. Duncan missed both free throws at the other end, awarding Sacramento one final possession.

Douby’s 28-footer 3-point try at the buzzer drew nothing but air, and the Spurs laid claim to their second-consecutive victory.

The Spurs, who improved to 4-5, can move to .500 tonight, when they complete their two-game West Coast road trip at the Los Angeles Clippers.

NewJerSpur
11-17-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm a Seattle Seahawks fan living in New Jersey, so injuries have KILLED my NFL season :depressed......but glad to see it hasn't affected my basketball season like it seemed it would to this point ;). Thank God for Pop, Tim, and the rest of the gang.

anakha
11-17-2008, 02:06 AM
Wait, shouldn't the Spurs be tanking this season? Ghost Writer said so.

And on that note, where has that guy been the past few days? :lol

tomtom
11-17-2008, 02:32 AM
woohoo lets make it 3!

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Wait, shouldn't the Spurs be tanking this season? Ghost Writer said so.

And on that note, where has that guy been the past few days? :lol

He thinks that if he waits long enough before he comes back, people forget how full of shit he is, but then he says the same stupid things and has to disappear again until things cool off again.

urunobili
11-17-2008, 09:54 AM
if not for that stupid chokefest in Milwaukee and Portland, we would be 6-3.....but hey, we did win cause of the Rockets chokefest on Friday, so I guess those two games offset one another.

Fixed

Kobayagi
11-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Spurs were 1-4 with Tony and 3-1 without him. Trade TP now while he still has any value!!!

MarHill
11-17-2008, 10:49 AM
If we can stay afloat, pops is coach of the year.

I agree! He should be!!!

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Lol. We're barely a few steps away from being SpursDynasty in this thread. We'd be 8-1if we really wanted to win two of those games. And we'd be 9-0 if it weren't for the Heat shooting some shots. No surprises here.

Brazil
11-17-2008, 11:32 AM
We should edit a thread for show some love to Pop or Pop is clutch or props to Pop... imo he is doing a very good job here with sharp and wise decisions.

Budkin
11-17-2008, 12:03 PM
This team has really impressed me grinding out the wins they have been with much of their firepower gone. I think this stretch is really going to help us in the latter part of the season once we've got everyone healthy.

rascal
11-17-2008, 12:45 PM

The spurs win a couple of 2 point games that could have easily been 2 point losses and some are getting overly excited.

Forget about dreams of a championship. The spurs will not get past the lakers this year. The front court is too weak to seriously contend.

Its better to see them get a top lottery pick and make a trade to unload some of the weaker veteran players and develope the young players to get a roster that will be talented and deep enough to really have a legitimate chance next year.

rascal
11-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Lol. We're barely a few steps away from being SpursDynasty in this thread. We'd be 8-1if we really wanted to win two of those games. And we'd be 9-0 if it weren't for the Heat shooting some shots. No surprises here.

No they are closer to being 0-9 then 9-0. All their wins have been so close, one or two plays and they could have gone the other way.

I. Hustle
11-17-2008, 12:52 PM
People were talking shit about our bench but after our boys come back our bench will have more experience than most. We are going to be DEEP

Dex
11-17-2008, 01:05 PM
No they are closer to being 0-9 then 9-0. All their wins have been so close, one or two plays and they could have gone the other way.

Spurs are just winning the games they're supposed to win.

rascal
11-17-2008, 01:05 PM
People were talking shit about our bench but after our boys come back our bench will have more experience than most. We are going to be DEEP

Would you feel the same way had the spurs lost the last two games by 2 points? The last couple of games were close enough to have gone either way.

The spurs are generally playing up to the competition so far. that is good considering they are missing their starting back court but other than the Houston win they have played even with the weaker teams in the league. That should be expected considering Duncan has been the best player on the floor.
Duncan alone should keep the spurs close in the games against the non playoff teams in the league.

DPG21920
11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Would you feel the same way had the spurs lost the last two games by 2 points? The last couple of games were close enough to have gone either way.

The spurs are generally playing up to the competition so far. that is good considering they are missing their starting back court but other than the Houston win they have played even with the weaker teams in the league. That should be expected considering Duncan has been the best player on the floor.
Duncan alone should keep the spurs close in the games against the non playoff teams in the league.

I am just saying if the Finley just so happened to hit that shot and the Spurs are 1-1 instead of 0-2, does that really change how the Spurs played?

I said it then and I will say it again. I am happy with how they have played as a whole so far after 9 games. They started off rocky, but have regrouped with some nice wins on the road and against tough competition. The guys are showing the right attitude and focus from top to bottom. This team is not going to blow anyone out with no Tony and Manu.

Do all the right things and lay the foundation to the chip. That is what the new guys are learning and they are buying in. This is where Pop will shine along with the team.

We have youth that we needed and they are good. We have our best player playing fantastic and our coach is showing why all of the GM's think he is the best.

benefactor
11-17-2008, 01:48 PM

Umm...what? Why even say something like this? They didn't lose...they won. They beat a contender and they beat a team on their own floor after being down by double digits. There is no point in entertaining the idea of those games being losses.

rascal
11-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Umm...what? Why even say something like this? They didn't lose...they won. They beat a contender and they beat a team on their own floor after being down by double digits. There is no point in entertaining the idea of those games being losses.

Because a bounce or two that goes the wrong way and they lose and then your whole attitude changes. Your not seeing how close a fine line it is from winning and losing and your losing the perspective because of a couple of close wins, that the spurs will have a tough time in the playoffs with the current roster as it is now.

romad_20
11-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Because a bounce or two that goes the wrong way and they lose and then your whole attitude changes. Your not seeing how close a fine line it is from winning and losing and your losing the perspective because of a couple of close wins, that the spurs will have a tough time in the playoffs with the current roster as it is now.

What did you expect this team to do? To say you know anything about how they will play once the team is at full strength is very premature. Rookies are not going to be blowing people out. We lost Tony suddenly and had to adjust the entire rotation on the spot. Considering that I'm quite happy with how the team has played.

So far, we've gotten younger at the backup point, younger and more athletic at the 2. We have yet to see Ian play. If they can maintain their defense the scoring will be there when Tony and Manu come back.

Tully365
11-17-2008, 02:56 PM

If the Spurs can get this to .500 and maintain just above or below that mark until Tony, Manu and Ian are ready to play, they'll be in great shape.

Having Bowen come off the bench is impressive to me because there were some this summer who said that Pop would never start someone else ahead of Bowen, that Pop had a man-crush on Bowen, etc...
Pop shows loyalty to his players, it's true, but he's also smart enough and versatile enough to know when a change is needed.

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 04:32 PM

The Spurs were losing games by 20 or needing to score 100 just to make it close. Now they're holding teams to 85 ppg and have a chance to win all of them and you're bitching? You know nothing about Spurs basketball or defense. Go root for the Knicks, you retard.

Manufan909
11-17-2008, 04:52 PM
The Spurs were losing games by 20 or needing to score 100 just to make it close. Now they're holding teams to 85 ppg and have a chance to win all of them and you're bitching? You know nothing about Spurs basketball or defense. Go root for the Knicks, you retard.

+1

I should've known you could shut this asshole down.:lol

Brazil
11-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Spurs are just winning the games they're supposed to win.

Without tony, manu, Oberto for some games, Ian and with mason, hill, tolliver, farmer all newbies, IMO the famous "Spurs are just winning the games they're supposed to win" doesn't exist anymore.

exstatic
11-17-2008, 08:40 PM

Don't waste your time with rasscal. If the Spurs were winning every game by 20, he'd bitch that they weren't winning by 30. If they were winning by 30, he'd bitch that it wasn't 40. Getting the concept yet?

xellos88330
11-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Kenny Smith said it best. "The Spurs have a system that is better than most players."

The quality of players surrounding Tim doesn't seem to matter much when the Spurs are playing the system well.

benefactor
11-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Don't waste your time with rasscal. If the Spurs were winning every game by 20, he'd bitch that they weren't winning by 30. If they were winning by 30, he'd bitch that it wasn't 40. Getting the concept yet?
Ahh..I see. No worries...I work at a mental health facility, so I know how to humor the mentally ill.

m33p0
11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
pop and tim are loving this opportunity. it's very rare that the spurs play must-win games this early in the season.

tp2021
11-17-2008, 09:27 PM
pop and tim are loving this opportunity. it's very rare that the spurs play must-win games this early in the season.

None of that Robert Horry coasting.

timvp
11-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Bump.

:drunk

tp2021
11-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Who gave you the green light to bump this thread?

timvp
11-18-2008, 01:03 AM

RMJ's three. :hat

slayermin
11-18-2008, 01:04 AM
For all the Spurs Fans with heart trouble, keep the nitroglycerin handy for the rest of the season.

exstatic
11-18-2008, 01:04 AM

Baby Buckets. Free agent steal of the summer.

SequSpur
11-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Parker, Manu, Mason, Finley

It's frickin on....

Spurs need a got damn big! Shit.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-18-2008, 01:08 AM

Even timvp's on board.

I knew this would be the dominant nickname for him i just didn't realize it would be this soon :smokin :smchode:

It sounds coolest when you place the emphasis on the R, so it sounds like "our m j"

SequSpur
11-18-2008, 01:08 AM

little child
dry your crying eyes
how can I explain
the fear you feel inside
cause you were born
into this evil world
where mas is killing man
and no one knows just why
what we have become
just look what we have done
all that we destroyed
you must build again

tp2021
11-18-2008, 01:09 AM
A little child followed me all the way into this thread! A VERY little one!

SpursPreacher
11-18-2008, 01:10 AM
You gotta take them as you go,one game at a time.

SequSpur
11-18-2008, 01:10 AM
A little child followed me all the way into this thread! A VERY little one!

yeah, get used to it.

tp2021
11-18-2008, 01:12 AM
yeah, get used to it.

Don't follow too closely. I might drop an unfriendly link or two.

timvp
11-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Baby Buckets. Free agent steal of the summer.

Yeah, if Pop ever goes on an early vacation again and let's RC handle the offseason, Holt needs to deduct some of his salary. Pop was back in charge this summer and his moves are looking pretty damn nice.

T Park
11-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Yeah, if Pop ever goes on an early vacation again and let's RC handle the offseason, Holt needs to deduct some of his salary. Pop was back in charge this summer and his moves are looking pretty damn nice.

Which bodes well when he wants to quit coaching and just focus on working in the front office.

SequSpur
11-18-2008, 01:17 AM

Spurs need a big or two to contend with the Lakers, Pistons and Celtics. A bunch of guards isn't going to cut it.

T Park
11-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Spurs need a big or two to contend with the Lakers, Pistons and Celtics. A bunch of guards isn't going to cut it.

Name the available big, and I'm sure they would go after him napolean.

SequSpur
11-18-2008, 01:18 AM

I'm just saying... got damn...

T Park
11-18-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm just saying... got damn...

Wait and see how Mahinmi does.

If he falls on his face, then you go and try and get a big.

But I think the bigs the Spurs have are passable, if Mahinmi plays up to his potential, then the bigs are more than fine.

z0sa
11-18-2008, 01:20 AM

:lmao when will his waterloo pinkage occur is the only question left to raise.

Solid D
11-18-2008, 01:20 AM

This is so 100% true...I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

SequSpur
11-18-2008, 01:22 AM
:lmao when will his waterloo pinkage occur is the only question left to raise.

wtf are you talking about? did you go to shortbus.com before you logged in here?

timvp
11-18-2008, 01:24 AM
This is so 100% true...I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I just want to know what country Pop was in when Scola was traded. It must be a country with no cell service or phone hook ups of any kind. I can just imagine that conversation after Pop returned to civilization.

"You did WHAT?!?!?!"

:shootme

T Park
11-18-2008, 01:25 AM
I just want to know what country Pop was in when Scola was traded. It must be a country with no cell service or phone hook ups of any kind. I can just imagine that conversation after Pop returned to civilization.

"You did WHAT?!?!?!"

If it was a straight money dump, I don't think he would've had much say into it.

baseline bum
11-18-2008, 01:26 AM

RC still needs to be deducted from his job after the Scola debacle.

timvp
11-18-2008, 01:28 AM
If it was a straight money dump, I don't think he would've had much say into it.

Pop was disgusted from Day 1 of that trade. There were other ways to dump salaries ....

... but that's a can of worms we'll keep sealed.

tp2021
11-18-2008, 01:28 AM
Pop was disgusted from Day 1 of that trade. There were other ways to dump salaries ....

I'm afraid it might be too late.

Unless you edit your post...:lol

T Park
11-18-2008, 01:29 AM

Agreed.

It was a bad move, I think everyone agrees with it.

I guess I'm one of the few that prefers to move on.

xtremesteven33
11-18-2008, 01:31 AM
1F4W0R1Zr_8

Cant_Be_Faded
11-18-2008, 01:32 AM
It's called a mistake that other people bought in to. That fucking simple. It's just extra painful to us spurs homers because it was a bad mistake right in the early middle of a string of bad mistakes by the FO.

T Park
11-18-2008, 01:35 AM
It's called a mistake that other people bought in to. That fucking simple. It's just extra painful to us spurs homers because it was a bad mistake right in the early middle of a string of bad mistakes by the FO.

Made up for this past summer with a great draft and great signing in Mason.

Avitus1
11-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Best 3 games in a row that i've seen in November.

Obstructed_View
11-18-2008, 01:38 AM
1F4W0R1Zr_8

Aw man you know you just gotta play one game at a time and go out there and give 110 percent and you just gotta show that you want it more than they do when the chips fall where they may.

My favorite sports cliche quote. :lol

Obstructed_View
11-18-2008, 01:40 AM

It's called ancient history. That fucking simple. It's just extra annoying to us spurs homers because you won't shut up about something like that right after a string of good wins by the team.

tp2021
11-18-2008, 01:49 AM

Look what you did. Just like the Manu doesn't believe in God thread.

If I had to guess, I'd say you like to :stirpot:

:lol

Manufan909
11-18-2008, 02:16 AM
1F4W0R1Zr_8

What movie is that from?

z0sa
11-18-2008, 02:23 AM
What movie is that from?

Bedazzled.

Liz hurley was hot back then

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-18-2008, 03:34 AM

"You did WHAT?!?!?!"

He was probably in some wine-cellar, totally wasted.

RC : Hey Pop, I just traded Scola for Kill Bill's boy. Yeeeeah!
Pop : Ohh Yeaaaaaa!

Obstructed_View
11-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Liz hurley was hot back then

I agree. It's funny how NOT hot she seems now when going back and watching those movies.

11-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Wow what a nice comback,now you are in the 8th place.Things are stating to look up for the spurs team.:flag::flag::flag::flag::clap:danceclub:cheer :cheer.