PDA

View Full Version : We're now the 8th seed.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Scary that I'd be this happy for the Spurs to merely be an 8th seed, but considering the circumstances I'm really liking the way the defense is coming along lately.

Hopefully the Spurs have enough in the tank to steal one from the Clippers.

bdictjames
11-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Scary that I'd be this happy for the Spurs to merely be an 8th seed, but considering the circumstances I'm really liking the way the defense is coming along lately.

Hopefully the Spurs have enough in the tank to steal one from the Clippers.
Duncan with another hook shot in the lane to give us the lead! :lol

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I'd say they have no excuse not to beat the Clippers at this point.

ducks
11-16-2008, 11:33 PM
I want to face the lakers in the first round

spurs would be more healthy and rested to take them on

Spurtacus
11-16-2008, 11:34 PM

Fatigue...

SequSpur

yeah, who is gonna guard all of their bigs Ducks? The Lakers would sweep the Spurs.

Amuseddaysleeper

:smokin

We are only 1 1/2 games out of the #3 seed

ducks
11-16-2008, 11:35 PM
duncan would guard the bigs
ever heard of him

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Fatigue...

They've won one game and they're far and away the worst defense in the NBA. The Spurs have no excuse to blow the opportunity. When you're short handed like they are, you absolutely have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat, simply because there are so few of them.

Obstructed_View
11-16-2008, 11:39 PM

I'd love to see the Spurs get the Lakers in the first round.

timvp
11-16-2008, 11:44 PM
I don't care about seeding at this point but the fact that the Spurs are actually near .500 is a great sign.

Cry Havoc
11-16-2008, 11:45 PM
yeah, who is gonna guard all of their bigs Ducks? The Lakers would sweep the Spurs.

What big? Gasol? If only he played like a big. Bynum? Uh... what exactly has he done? Odom? Not really a big, but yeah, he could give us some problems... except he doesn't start and our new players should be able to stay with him.

Who do the Lakers have to guard TP and a healthy Manu?

MrChug
11-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Sad to celebrate but fuck it...WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

VaSpursFan
11-16-2008, 11:46 PM
I don't care about seeding at this point but the fact that the Spurs are actually near .500 is a great sign.

werd...we need to just tread water until TP and Manu returns. i gotta say, it's sweet getting these tough wins.

Manufan909
11-16-2008, 11:49 PM
YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get that 7th seed, Spurs!!!:king

sexinthatsx
11-17-2008, 12:07 AM
werd...we need to just tread water until TP and Manu returns. i gotta say, it's sweet getting these tough wins.

I agree, since we've been getting wins by 2-3 points every game, it'll make us that much clutcher in late 4th quarter scenarios

NewJerSpur
11-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Anyone hear that? Shhhhh, listen.....that was the sound of the NBA's collective cold sweat breakage hitting the ground.

DMX7
11-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Sad to celebrate but fuck it...WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, it's come to this. From nothing but back to back championships is acceptable to lets make the playoffs.

T Park
11-17-2008, 12:29 AM
This team is going to be very very very good when they get to 100%.

Mahinmi, Ginobili, Parker added into the current mix?

Scary good.

Avitus1
11-17-2008, 12:29 AM
8 seed never looked so good.

Joe Schmoogins
11-17-2008, 12:31 AM
not only are we the eighth seed... BUT if the playoffs started today, we'd be the eighth seed, play the Lakers in the first round, AND as someone else pointed out, we'd retain our draft pick as it would be a lottery pick due to the fact that we have a worse record than the EC 8 seed... I'm with ducks on this and I'd love to play the lakers in the first round. we'd be well rested, and primed for an upset. If we are going to win the chip we're gonna have to play them at some point so it might as well be in round one. perfect situation imo.

SenorSpur
11-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Way too early to be concerned with playoff seedings.

Joe Schmoogins
11-17-2008, 12:37 AM

true but it's fun to speculate

Manufan909
11-17-2008, 12:41 AM

Party pooper.

daslicer
11-17-2008, 01:14 AM
I'm with ducks on this and I'd love to play the lakers in the first round. we'd be well rested, and primed for an upset. If we are going to win the chip we're gonna have to play them at some point so it might as well be in round one. perfect situation imo.

It would be nice to eliminate the Lakers in the first round and destroy their dream season. That would be the ultimate payback to them espescially for the .4 bs.

homer
11-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Anyone hear that? Shhhhh, listen.....that was the sound of the NBA's collective cold sweat breakage hitting the ground.

As my nephew from NY would say " They're as nervous as a faggot with a hot dog."

SenorSpur
11-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Party pooper.

Uh, that should be pooper of the party. :lol

mVp
11-17-2008, 01:28 AM
This team is going to be very very very good when they get to 100%.

Mahinmi, Ginobili, Parker added into the current mix?

Scary good.

Can't wait for that to happen! and I can't wait to see the kind of defense they're playing right now, but on the Lakers, and with the team at full strength...

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 01:38 AM

I really believe it will come down to two things.

1. The continuing good health of core players for the duration of the season

2. Just how deep of a hole this team will be in the standings race. Remember the Western Conference is even tougher than last year - we say this every year - and the competition for playoff spots will be intense. If the Spurs have a bad remainder of the month, and are near the bottom third of the conference when Manu and TP return, they would likely have to go on some incredible, consecutive, game-winning streak. Meanwhile, the other budding conference playoff teams would need to lose a bunch of games, in order to make up ground. That's asking a lot.

Brazil
11-17-2008, 07:43 AM

I fully agree, .500 it's the magic number, the rest doesn't matter at this point.

Harry Callahan
11-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Not getting left in the dust in the WC out of the gate is awesome given the cards that have been dealt so far (injuries). I have no doubt that the full roster can get on a roll in December and January.

What's Dallas' deal? There are no significant injuries there.

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 04:33 PM
I fully agree, .500 it's the magic number, the rest doesn't matter at this point.

As long as they're in the dance and healthy at the end, there's not anyone they can't beat. They don't need HCA to win.

Manufan909
11-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Especially if Ian shows half of what Hill has. Plus, his mentor is still there to tutor him, and they can play together and work out some chemistry. If Hill AND Tony were on together, then the other team must be small as FUCK. Shit, a lineup in 09 with Tony/Hill/Manu/Mason(or AToll)/Ian would have me going nuts.

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Especially if Ian shows half of what Hill has. Plus, his mentor is still there to tutor him, and they can play together and work out some chemistry. If Hill AND Tony were on together, then the other team must be small as FUCK. Shit, a lineup in 09 with Tony/Hill/Manu/Mason(or AToll)/Ian would have me going nuts.

Vaughn?

Manufan909
11-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Vaughn?

:lmao

I meant Tim(referring to Ian's, cuz his is still healthy), guess I worded that wrong. I was trying to say when Ian gets back Tim will be there to learn from, and he can play with him, Hill will be on when TP is off, for the most part.

Makaveli
11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
yessir we are. its great if we hover around 6-7-8 spot cuz once manu and tony comeback.... its a wrap

Manufan909
11-17-2008, 05:27 PM
yessir we are. its great if we hover around 6-7-8 spot cuz once manu and tony comeback.... its a wrap

Fuck yes, Denver, Portland, and NO need to go on some big losing streaks for the Spurs benefit.:hat