PDA

View Full Version : If We Can Find A Way To Get A Legit Big Man In Here

Jahivah
11-16-2008, 11:47 PM
With the Emergence of Mason and MVP calibre play of Timmy not to mention the return of Ginobli and Parker it would seem that the missing piece is a big man to play alongside Timmy.

z0sa
11-16-2008, 11:51 PM
His name is Ian Mahinmi.

Jahivah
11-16-2008, 11:53 PM
His name is Ian Mahinmi.

You know what? for some reason i've kinda forgotten about him recently. I am really high on him myself. Hopefully Pop gives him his shot.

DROB4EVER
11-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Spurs need more than Ian, they need to get younger and quicker up front. They need to look at dealing for Sean Williams, or Turiaf. Ian or not we need to upgrade the 3 and 5 spots and there are several players out there that can be had.

Unless Pops thinks Thomas will regain his form, we need to make a move.

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Spurs need more than Ian, they need to get younger and quicker up front.
Who's younger and quicker than Ian? Is Batum on the block?

Jahivah
11-17-2008, 12:00 AM
I know Darius Miles is a free agent. He did go through training camp with Boston. When healthy he was a decent player. But not the type of guy the Spurs typically sign.

exstatic
11-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I know Darius Miles is a free agent. He did go through training camp with Boston. When healthy he was a decent player. But not the type of guy the Spurs typically sign.

He's pretty selfish, a bad long distance shooter, and has one knee. Besides, if we sign that stiff, Portland will never talk to us about some of the excess talent they may want to unload (Outlaw, Frye), because we'll fuck their cap all up.

timvp
11-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Don't look now but um ........

http://spurstalk.com/bonnersupnow.jpg

:hat

Jahivah
11-17-2008, 12:07 AM
He's pretty selfish, a bad long distance shooter, and has one knee. Besides, if we sign that stiff, Portland will never talk to us about some of the excess talent they may want to unload (Outlaw, Frye), because we'll fuck their cap all up.

Frye is a guy that i've always been high on. Maybe he becomes expendible with the "emergence" of Greg the Great Oden.

jcrod
11-17-2008, 12:07 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath if he can keep it up, i hope so but.....

Jahivah
11-17-2008, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath if he can keep it up, i hope so but.....

I know man. That kid just looks like an injury waiting to happen.

Joe Schmoogins
11-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Spurs need Ian, they need to get younger and quicker up front.

fixed...

now you're correct

Joe Schmoogins
Don't look now but um ........

http://spurstalk.com/bonnersupnow.jpg

:hat

bonner looks HUGE

peskypesky
Al Harrington!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Fermixalot
11-17-2008, 12:43 AM
bonner looks HUGE

Almost tall enough to be a basketball player! I wonder if the thought ever crossed his mind? :blah

xellos88330
11-17-2008, 12:58 AM
I want to see how well Mahinmi does before thinking about getting another big man. Bonner in the meantime, seems to have raised his basketball IQ and is playing with the energy in the front that the Spurs desperately need.

I know alot of you think Bonner should be traded, but I am willing to stick with him. After seeing his improvement, perhaps there is some potential in him after all.

peskypesky
11-17-2008, 01:09 AM
I want to see how well Mahinmi does before thinking about getting another big man. Bonner in the meantime, seems to have raised his basketball IQ and is playing with the energy in the front that the Spurs desperately need.

I know alot of you think Bonner should be traded, but I am willing to stick with him. After seeing his improvement, perhaps there is some potential in him after all.

Bonner is a nice guy...but he sucks too often. Sorry, but a couple of good games here and there is not enough to change my mind about his skills. He's a scrub. Plain and simple. But a nice guy nonetheless.

T Park
11-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Bonner is a nice guy...but he sucks too often. Sorry, but a couple of good games here and there is not enough to change my mind about his skills. He's a scrub. Plain and simple. But a nice guy nonetheless.

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-17-2008, 01:18 AM

i say we sign him and try him out in 9 games then cut him, let someone else allow him to play that 10th game :D:D fuck portland

m33p0
11-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Tiago Splitter!

... oh, right.