PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Ok so he beat Randy as I said he would. Thank god I dont have to give up my 1st born and I dont have to change my little title under my name. So his next fight will prob be either Nog/Mir.....what fight would you rather see? Mir Vs Brock2 or Brock vs Nog? I would like to see Brock whoop on Mir and not make the same rookie mistake he made the 1st time. I am worried about Nog and his Ju-Jitsu.

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 09:58 AM
I would like to see him with NOG first.
Nog is not getting younger :)

Then I would give Kongo a shot on Brock, and then Carwin

GroundNPound
11-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Considering that Mir's JJ is nearly as good as Nog's I wouldn't mind seeing Brock go at either one. But if I had to pick, I'd rather see him fight Nog. Much more advanced striking, and a top class Jujitsu game.

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 10:09 AM
after nog I would put Mir and then Kongo and Carwin

GroundNPound
11-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Carwin would be a fantastic fight. Carwin's striking would be something that Brock has never seen before, but Brock would dominate him (like he would most HW) on the ground.

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Good job Ground N Pound welcome to the site.

Evan
11-17-2008, 10:33 AM
so which alias do you normally post under gnp? TheTruth?

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 10:36 AM
so which alias do you normally post under gnp? TheTruth?

LMAO since his last douchebagery he hasn't posted so it wouldn't be surprising to see him create a new user name just for the MMA board.

Evan
11-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Gnp makes a lot of good points…I don't want to hate him…haha

desflood
11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Mir had major problems with Brock last time out, and Lesnar has obviously grown leaps and bounds since then. I'd rather see him face Nog. Isn't that Nog's schtick? Take two or three rounds of beating and then submit you anyway? :lol I'd like to see how he does against Brock.

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 10:45 AM

Yeah I hope he isnt the Truth.

RearNakedChoke
11-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Same here. That would totally suck!!!

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Ok so he beat Randy as I said he would. Thank god I dont have to give up my 1st born and I dont have to change my little title under my name. So his next fight will prob be either Nog/Mir.....what fight would you rather see? Mir Vs Brock2 or Brock vs Nog? I would like to see Brock whoop on Mir and not make the same rookie mistake he made the 1st time. I am worried about Nog and his Ju-Jitsu.

Nog is more of a threat, he has better boxing skills than Mir and the JJ is just as good. I think Nog will win against Mir but i'd love to see him fight Mir again and i think he'd win. His strategy for either one would probably be train his hands like crazy, use his wrestling to keep the fight up and KO them..

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:05 AM

Same here. That would totally suck!!!

Looks like we were right Evan. How sad is this guy really?

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Looks like we were right Evan. How sad is this guy really?

Bitch slap him A-Train, show no MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Bitch slap him A-Train, show no MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL yeah man I just want to see the look on his face when I show up to his wedding.

Evan
11-17-2008, 11:20 AM
maybe its just me being so isolated on the mma forum only but I don't see how atrain gets into arguments...

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:24 AM
maybe its just me being so isolated on the mma forum only but I don't see how atrain gets into arguments...

LOL not sure man, Im a big target cause I say it how it is I guess. I think the Truth started targeting me because in a certain thread I said how I couldnt go to a GTG because there are too many assholes who I would like to slap around. He really wants to be on that list for some reason.

Evan
11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
C'mon truth….apologize to atrain and stick around...

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 11:30 AM
I propose we put a disclaimer at the top of the Banner that says

"Welcome to MMA Fight Club. If you are a troll or are planning on trolling, be prepared for A-Train to thoroughly bitch slap you pansies back to where you came from. Other-wise enjoy yourselves"..

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:32 AM
C'mon truth….apologize to atrain and stick around...

LOL I dont want an appology, there is no reason for him to appologize. All he has to do is quit acting like a doochebag and have fun posting in this thread we all fought so hard to get. If he wants to hate me thats fine, I usually wont comment on his posts anyways. Plus I think he hates me because I started it in one of the chatrooms one time. I think I made fun of him for being a Reds fan hahaha and I still laugh about that.

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:32 AM

"Welcome to MMA Fight Club. If you are a troll or are planning on trolling, be prepared for A-Train to thoroughly bitch slap you pansies back to where you came from. Other-wise enjoy yourselves"..

LOL hey im not the official MMA Forum bouncer for nothing.

Evan
11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
hah...I couldn't care less if truth sticks around…but this place has been troll free for a long time and I hope it stays that way. Not many forums are like that. The "LOLZ STFU and DIE" stuff gets so old, everywhere.

truth made some great points in the other threads....

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:37 AM

I dont mind the trolling if they arent trying to act like the way Stretch did the other day. If they are posting under other names and contributing then thats all good.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Should i start a thread as to what Dallaskd's reaction will be to this whenever he decides to show up??

Lots of excuses for Randy

Brock still sucks, he'll soon be exposed

Combination of both :hat

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Should i start a thread as to what Dallaskd's reaction will be to this whenever he decides to show up??

Lots of excuses for Randy

Brock still sucks, he'll soon be exposed

Combination of both :hat

hahaha I wonder if Dallas thinks that Soku could beat brock? :)

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Maybe I should change my avi to this till AA wins

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/11/16/1226817537_7327/539w.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
Lesnar '' BRING ON FEDOR ''

BlackSwordsMan

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao:lma o:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:flag::flag::flag::lo bt::lobt::lobt:

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:52 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao:l

:lol:toast

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 11:52 AM

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/11/16/1226817537_7327/539w.jpg

I would do it myself but i might get my membership revoked from the GSP nut-huggers club.. :p:

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I would do it myself but i might get my membership revoked from the GSP nut-huggers club.. :p:

LOL DB did you pop a bonner when you saw GSP in the crowd?

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 11:56 AM
LOL DB did you pop a bonner when you saw GSP in the crowd?

Sure did and my Girlfriend was nowhere in site to take care of that for me.. :p:

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Sure did and my Girlfriend was nowhere in site to take care of that for me.. :p:

LOL by gfriend do you mean your blow up doll with gsp's face glued to it?

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 12:02 PM
LOL by gfriend do you mean your blow up doll with gsp's face glued to it?

Who told you?? :p:

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Who told you?? :p:

Cause I have a AA and Lesnar one lmao

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Either Nog or Mir really is a great promotion for Brock's next fight. This is why the UFC has to be happy.. The potential for more big fights with Brock is very big. If he keeps winning he is going to be HUGE!!

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 12:17 PM
UFC 91 MusingsBy Michael DiSanto

BEATING COUTURE WAS THE EASY PART

"It shouldn’t have come as a surprise to anyone when Lesnar left the MGM Grand Garden Arena with the UFC Heavyweight Championship draped over his massive shoulder Saturday night.

He was the quintessential fighter to beat Couture.

Lesnar’s size, strength and wrestling ability neutralized Couture’s takedowns. And it isn’t a big secret that Couture’s success inside the Octagon usually depends on takedowns. Let’s face it. ‘The Natural’ doesn’t knock out opponents on the feet. He doesn’t submit them from his back. He wins fights via ground-and-pound attack. And he had no way to get himself into that position against Lesnar, so the outcome was easy to predict.

What is difficult to predict, however, is the length of Lesnar’s championship reign.

First up to challenge the new champion will be the winner of the December 27th bout between Antonio Rodrigo ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira and Frank Mir. Both of those men are deadly ground fighters, with Mir already holding a submission win over Lesnar via leg lock. So, Lesnar will need to be very careful with his ground-and-pound attack.

The next level of challengers includes Gabriel Gonzaga and Cheick Kongo. Two guys who, unlike Couture, have the power to knock out any man with a single punch, including a giant like Lesnar. Of course, Gonzaga is also an elite jiu-jitsu black belt, which compounds the danger.

Then again, Couture was the most decorated champion in history, and Lesnar disposed of him handily.

Is Lesnar about to embark on a reign of terror over the division, or will his title run be a short-lived endeavor? I’m not sure. He has all the physical tools to be great, but he is still inexperienced as a fighter, though that is rapidly changing each time he steps into the cage. With his work ethic and raw talent, anything is possible.

WHAT IS NEXT FOR COUTURE?

As mentioned, Lesnar was the quintessential fighter to beat Couture from a matchup perspective, so the loss wasn’t surprising, and it certainly doesn’t detract from his place in the sport. Nonetheless, the loss did highlight a significant point, and it has nothing to do with Couture’s age.

At 220 lbs, ‘The Natural’ is an extremely small heavyweight.

To properly highlight the point, most of the top light heavies walk around between 220 and 230 lbs. So, Couture is fighting outside of his weight class, and that puts him at a decided physical disadvantage each time he agrees to fight a heavyweight. His wrestling skills can often neutralize those disadvantages, but they become glaringly obvious when the takedown is an unavailable weapon.

That begs the question of what should Couture do next? Should he seek a rematch with Lesnar? Should he continue campaigning as a heavyweight? Or should he drop back to the land of the light heavies and seek his third title in that division?

The answer to that question is not a simple one.

Only Couture knows if age is starting to take its toll on his performance against Lesnar. Were there times during the fight when he couldn’t do the things that he has been able to do in the past? Couture knows the answer to that question. Remember, age erodes skills overnight. It is not a gradual process, and Couture is going to experience dramatic erosion sooner rather than later.

If age is starting to hamper his performance, then he should seek an immediate rematch with Lesnar to cash out. There is no shame in a fighter cashing out on a great career, and Lesnar-Couture II is almost certainly the most lucrative fight out there for the aging ex-champion.

If, however, Couture believes that he still has some fight left in him, then he needs to ask himself one additional question. Does cutting weight at 45-years-old take too much out of him for him to compete as a light heavyweight?

If so, then he should stay at heavyweight. He probably has little chance of winning the title back as long as Lesnar reigns supreme. But there is no guarantee that Lesnar will defeat the winner of Nogueira-Mir, and Couture versus either of those guys is an extremely intriguing matchup. But I’m not sure it is in Couture’s best interest to wait until the Lesnar versus Nogueira/Mir scenario plays itself out. He needs to keep fighting, particularly at his age. But taking any sort of a tune-up or keep-busy fight presents far more risk than it is worth because his career as a blockbuster fighter may very well end with a loss to a no-name opponent.

Staying at heavyweight, therefore, doesn’t seem like the best option. Returning to light heavy may be the answer, assuming he can comfortably cut the weight.

Remember that Couture fled the 205-lb division a few years ago primarily because there was no light at the end of the championship tunnel thanks to a man named Chuck Liddell. After two vicious knockout losses to ‘The Iceman,’ Couture had no choice but to accept the fact that he had little chance to win the 205-lb title as long as Liddell reigned as champion.

Liddell is no longer the UFC champion. It is now Forrest Griffin’s division. Griffin defends his title next month against Rashad Evans, so the timing is perfect. The winner of that fight will likely be ready to step back into the Octagon somewhere around March or April, the perfect time for Couture to return to the ring and plenty of time to properly market the matchup.

Couture matches up well, on paper at least, against both Grififn and Evans. He should be able to take down either man, which is necessary for Couture to be successful. Both men pose very real danger for him. Griffin’s nonstop attacking style and seemingly unbreakable fighting spirit could wear down Couture, and Evans has the explosive power to knock him out with a single punch. Thus, Couture should be properly motivated in training.

Couture was noncommittal about his future after the loss. My guess is that he will make a decision as to what is next sometime before the end of the year, though I am very confident we haven’t seen the last of Couture just yet."

This last part is very strange to me as i can't see that happening. Forrest has been training with Randy for years, Randy was in his corner when he beat Rampage, by all accounts they have a close relationship. at age 45 i don't se him getting in the way of Forrest's title run. Frankly i'd lose respect for him if he tried too..

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Why teh WWE promoted Brock as it's champion?

Brock was not good at acting imo

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Why teh WWE promoted Brock as it's champion?

Brock was not good at acting imo

HE's brought it all over to MMA and it's selling like Hot-cakes..

tlongII
11-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Nog will submit Lesnar if they fight. If Nog can submit Sapp, he can submit Lesnar.

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 12:31 PM
I mean this

kc9PHLccseI

Evan
11-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Nog will submit Lesnar if they fight. If Nog can submit Sapp, he can submit Lesnar.

Seriously...stop talking about Sapp...he is not a fighter.......

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 12:34 PM
He was simply pathetic

If he felt not comfortable there (as he claims he wanted the real competition) it is good for him he went to MMA.

I remember when he lost to Mir - in the locker room he was sitting not happy about performance. And he said something like that to Dana: I hope it is not over (?)

In a meaning that he would like to stay in the UFDC longer

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 12:34 PM

He was back then

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 12:35 PM
I mean this

kc9PHLccseI

I agree, GoldBerg Sucks..

HE can submit Brock but lets not compare Sapp to Brock please..

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 12:36 PM
He was back then

Brock would take Sapp down and maul him, the fight would not be close..

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Brock would take Sapp down and maul him, the fight would not be close..

Cause you say so.

And that was not what I was pointing at

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Cause you say so.

And that was not what I was pointing at

Yes because i say so, "Mr. Brock will easily lose to Randy" and what were you pointing at??

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes because i say so, "Mr. Brock will easily lose to Randy" and what were you pointing at??

That Sapp was a fighter

here is the quote

He was back then

as an answer to

he is not a fighter.......

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 12:49 PM
your point?

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 12:50 PM
your point?

I already made it, that Brock would kick his ass then or now..

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 12:51 PM
I already made it, that Brock would kick his ass then or now..

Ring?
Octagon?
MMA?
K-1?

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Ring?
Octagon?
MMA?
K-1?

MMA, he'd take him down and pound him out. I don't want to get into this with Brock. A week ago if someone had said Randy would lose to Sapp, he'd get laughed at but now Brock who just beat Randy would lose to Sapp. Brock won the fight, he's the champ, he's earned some respect here..

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 12:57 PM
MMA, he'd take him down and pound him out. I don't want to get into this with Brock. A week ago if someone had said Randy would lose to Sapp, he'd get laughed at but now Brock who just beat Randy would lose to Sapp. Brock won the fight, he's the champ, he's earned some respect here..

I think you've got some problems

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I think you've got some problems

Why because i don't think Brock would lose to Sapp at any point in his career or because i want to give Brock some respect for what he has done here?

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 01:00 PM
R1
4qCdPhD-oXs&feature=related

and
R2

TADLeKTEhL0&feature=related

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Why because i don't think Brock would lose to Sapp at any point in his career or because i want to give Brock some respect for what he has done here?

No you've got problem that I do not like Brock and you think I give him no credit.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 01:03 PM
No you've got problem that I do not like Brock and you think I give him no credit.

You don't.. You talked bad about him all through the Randy promotion, now he beat Randy and you still give him little credit for his win.

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 01:29 PM
You don't.. You talked bad about him all through the Randy promotion, now he beat Randy and you still give him little credit for his win.

I did not talk bad about him. I talked shit about him :)

I've already explained that. Just to rise the temperature up in that dissing.

And I was telling that it has nothing to do with his skills - esp. in wrestling.
Still I think he is raw MMA fighter and that he has done too little to impress me, but he is UFC champion now it realy does not matter how much complete MMA fighter he is.

He worked hard and I always respect guys that work hard. And in MMA you have to work hard to acomplish something.

AS I watched all- access I said he shaken off the hate. Now I might just dislike him. Does that change that he is a champ? No.
And take a look at some of my latest post in the ufc91 thread.

He deserved the UFC belt even if he might not deserved to have a chance at title shot. But that how life goes sometimes you get oppurtunieties "just like that" and you have to take adventage of it. He did.

Now he is the guy to beat. It shoul add some attention to the HW division.
Dana must be happy.

Cheers

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 01:35 PM
I did not talk bad about him. I talked shit about him :)

I've already explained that. Just to rise the temperature up in that dissing.

And I was telling that it has nothing to do with his skills - esp. in wrestling.
Still I think he is raw MMA fighter and that he has done too little to impress me, but he is UFC champion now it realy does not matter how much complete MMA fighter he is.

He worked hard and I always respect guys that work hard. And in MMA you have to work hard to acomplish something.

AS I watched all- access I said he shaken off the hate. Now I might just dislike him. Does that change that he is a champ? No.
And take a look at some of my latest post in the ufc91 thread.

He deserved the UFC belt even if he might not deserved to have a chance at title shot. But that how life goes sometimes you get oppurtunieties "just like that" and you have to take adventage of it. He did.

Now he is the guy to beat. It shoul add some attention to the HW division.
Dana must be happy.

Cheers

Hey its ok no one said you have to like him..........HATER!! :) just playing man :toast

tlongII
11-17-2008, 09:47 PM

Did you see Sapp fight Nog? He literally beat the shit out of Nog.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Did you see Sapp fight Nog? He literally beat the shit out of Nog.

A lot of people beat the shit out of Nog and then he subs them. Seriously he is the best ever at taking a beating and still winning a fight. But Sapp is not an elite guy, he was okay at one time but he is not relevant in MMA..

desflood
11-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Everybody beats the shit out of Nog and then he subs them.
Fixed.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Fixed.

Seriously, when you are kicking his ass, that is when you should start worrying..

tlongII
11-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I've never seen anybody give him a beating like Sapp did. Sapp isn't an elite fighter now, but at that time he was. Lesnar will not hold the title for long. I guarantee it.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 10:08 PM
It depends on how much Brock develops as a fighter as he goes on. I'll say right now if Mir can upset Nog, i like Brock to win that rematch on the feet. Mir is not exceptional on the feet and i think Brock can us his wrestling to keep it up and KO him. Nog is a tougher fight for him so we'll see. There are only a handful of guys in the division that can beat him though. His wrestling/power and ability as an athlete for that size is un-real..

Evan
11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
I'll give you $1 to stop talking about Bob Sapp...

Anti.Hero
11-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Seriously, when you are kicking his ass, that is when you should start worrying..

LOL

tlongII
11-17-2008, 11:40 PM
I'll give you $1 to stop talking about Bob Sapp...

Okay. Should I PM you my address?

Evan
11-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Okay. Should I PM you my address?

Please

Sissiborgo
11-19-2008, 12:07 PM
our new champion:toast

Sissiborgo
11-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Brock is the best at the moment..:fro