PDA

View Full Version : Beno balls on Hill and Bonner is just ballin.

SpurSupremacist
11-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Feels good to be right.

Hill's line: 4 points (2-7FG, 0-0FT), 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 0 steals, 2 turnovers... pulled out of the game because Beno was doing him and he couldn't do anything to him on offense. -8 +/-. He'll be lucky if Jacque Vaughn doesn't start next game.

Beno's line: 16 points (5-11FG, 6-6FT), 4 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 5 turnovers. +6 +/-.

Anyone thinking Hill was on Beno's level should pretty much be silenced now. Now, I understand you can have a bad game, but if you actually saw the game... it was apparent Hill couldn't guard him, and Hill couldn't do anything to him on offense. Like I said previously, you could build a mansion with the bricks Hill puts up.

I also just want to pause and laugh out loud for a moment at one poster who said Hill was going to give Beno a "thrashing". Looks like the 'thrasher' got 'thrashed', eh? Beno was getting wherever he wanted on the court, and pulling up in his face any time he wanted. Am I surprised? Well... not really.

Bonner, have to add, was ballin... yet again. 11 points (3-5 3PT), 7 boards, an assist and 2 steals. +5 +/-. Nothing surprising here.

:wakeup

romad_20
11-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Feels good to be right.

Hill's line: 4 points (2-7FG, 0-0FT), 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 0 steals, 2 turnovers... pulled out of the game because Beno was doing him and he couldn't do anything to him on offense. -8 +/-. He'll be lucky if Jacque Vaughn doesn't start next game.

Beno's line: 16 points (5-11FG, 6-6FT), 4 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 5 turnovers. +6 +/-.

Anyone thinking Hill was on Beno's level should pretty much be silenced now. Now, I understand you can have a bad game, but if you actually saw the game... it was apparent Hill couldn't guard him, and Hill couldn't do anything to him on offense. Like I said previously, you could build a mansion with the bricks Hill puts up.

I also just want to pause and laugh out loud for a moment at one poster who said Hill was going to give Beno a "thrashing". Looks like the 'thrasher' got 'thrashed', eh? Beno was getting wherever he wanted on the court, and pulling up in his face any time he wanted. Am I surprised? Well... not really.

Bonner, have to add, was ballin... yet again. 11 points (3-5 3PT), 7 boards, an assist and 2 steals. +5 +/-. Nothing surprising here.

If Bonner can give us 11 every night we might be getting our money's worth.

As far as Beno vs Hill, Hill is still leaps and bounds above Beno on the defensive end and Hill looks like he can actually beat a trap. To claim Beno was doing some sort of thrashing is way out there.

TDMVPDPOY
11-17-2008, 11:27 AM
didnt beno break kobes ankles?

hill both ankles...

Brazil
11-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Hill is a rook, it seems normal for him to have ups and downs, I still think that he has a potential higher than beno.

SpurSupremacist
11-17-2008, 11:29 AM
If Bonner can give us 11 every night we might be getting our money's worth.

As far as Beno vs Hill, Hill is still leaps and bounds above Beno on the defensive end and Hill looks like he can actually beat a trap. To claim Beno was doing some sort of thrashing is way out there.

If Bonner gets around 28 minutes a night consistently, I have no doubt in my mind he can do this on a consistent basis.

As far as Hill, the only reason he's a better defensive player than Beno is purely athleticism and length. Has nothing to do with superior awareness, or anything of the sort. I do concede he's a better defender, but at the same time... he could not stop Beno, Beno got to whatever spots he wanted on the floor. 3 or 4 of Beno's shots were halfway down and went out. And like I said, Hill couldn't do a thing to him on offense. Jacque Vaughn had more success against him.

SpurSupremacist
11-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Hill is a rook, it seems normal for him to have ups and downs, I still think that he has a potential higher than beno.

I'll agree, only because he has the potential to be a lockdown defender and he's still very young. That jumper is awful as of right now, though.

romad_20
11-17-2008, 11:35 AM
If Bonner gets around 28 minutes a night consistently, I have no doubt in my mind he can do this on a consistent basis.

As far as Hill, the only reason he's a better defensive player than Beno is purely athleticism and length. Has nothing to do with superior awareness, or anything of the sort. I do concede he's a better defender, but at the same time... he could not stop Beno, Beno got to whatever spots he wanted on the floor. 3 or 4 of Beno's shots were halfway down and went out. And like I said, Hill couldn't do a thing to him on offense. Jacque Vaughn had more success against him.

I'm not disagreeing with your point on the game last night, but I would still rather have Hill at this point. I would disagree about Hill's awareness. He is very quick on rotations and is a very opportunistic defender, something Beno is not. I never felt comfortable about Beno running the offense when was with the Spurs. He never shot the ball with any consistency and seemed tentative. Hill hasn't shown me any of that so far. Plus once Hill gets more comfortable, he is going to start going to the hole with more consistent results.

jman3000
11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Those 5 bricks would build a really small and shitty mansion.

urunobili
11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Who got the ball stolen from Hill when he went to the basket alone?

SpurSupremacist
11-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Those 5 bricks would build a really small and shitty mansion.

They're adding up. Rome wasn't built in a day, but you may be able to build it by the end of the season, with the accumulated bricks he will put up.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-17-2008, 11:46 AM
They're adding up. Rome wasn't built in a day, but you may be able to build it by the end of the season, with the accumulated bricks he will put up.

I bet Beno will have more bricks than Hill by the end of the season.

j.r. haider
11-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Feels good to be right.

you sure like to talk about balls, don't you?

SpurSupremacist
11-17-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm not disagreeing with your point on the game last night, but I would still rather have Hill at this point. I would disagree about Hill's awareness. He is very quick on rotations and is a very opportunistic defender, something Beno is not. I never felt comfortable about Beno running the offense when was with the Spurs. He never shot the ball with any consistency and seemed tentative. Hill hasn't shown me any of that so far. Plus once Hill gets more comfortable, he is going to start going to the hole with more consistent results.

You're mixing up awareness with pure athleticism.

And the reason Beno seemed tentative was because he had such a short leash from Popobitch. I think Popobitch might be learning a small amount from the Beno fuck-up, though. He seems to have maybe a bit more patience with Hill. But hey, he has to. What other choice does he have? Also, teams have not yet tried to pressure Hill, which is something I am surprised by, considering he isn't a true point at all.

Bender
11-17-2008, 11:50 AM
yes, I think that his increased play / scoring is due to his much increased playing time.

SpurSupremacist
11-17-2008, 11:50 AM
I bet Beno will have more bricks than Hill by the end of the season.

Charles Barkley, is that you?

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Charles Barkley, is that you?

I see you have a good sense of humor. I noticed it in your first post of the thread.

zepn
Feels good to be right.

You must be double-jointed.

diego
Feels good to be right.

you forgot that beno got outplayed by jacque vaughn again, and that his team lost, again.

wait till the end of the season for the beno vs hill comparisons. the kings will be in the lottery and the spurs will be in the playoffs and you'll have 82 games to compare

romad_20
11-17-2008, 12:02 PM
You're mixing up awareness with pure athleticism.

And the reason Beno seemed tentative was because he had such a short leash from Popobitch. I think Popobitch might be learning a small amount from the Beno fuck-up, though. He seems to have maybe a bit more patience with Hill. But hey, he has to. What other choice does he have? Also, teams have not yet tried to pressure Hill, which is something I am surprised by, considering he isn't a true point at all.

Nevermind. I thought you might be coming from a logical place, but you're obviously some sort of Beno homer. Popobitch? Pop is one of the best coaches of all-time. Anyone who disagrees with that has no idea about basketball, period. Did you ever think Beno was in the doghouse constantly because he fucked up constantly? It wasn't like he was a badass player and Pop wasn't giving him time. Every time he got on the court he was either out of shape, injured, or screwed up. Beno only has to play one end of the court in Sac, offense.

And athleticism doesn't put you in the correct positions to make defensive plays, awareness does.

SpurSupremacist
11-17-2008, 12:04 PM
you forgot that beno got outplayed by jacque vaughn again, and that his team lost, again.

wait till the end of the season for the beno vs hill comparisons. the kings will be in the lottery and the spurs will be in the playoffs and you'll have 82 games to compare

Where are you getting that Jacque Vaughn outplayed him? Because he certainly did not. rofl

Let's say the Kings are in the lottery, which they very well may be... that isn't on Beno, the team is shit. Just as the Spurs being in the playoffs won't be because of Hill. Beno doesn't have Duncan, Ginobili and Parker on his team. Sorry. Apples and oranges.

Go For Tree
11-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Feels good to be right.

!!!BASURA!!! it wont be long before we ALL realize Hill was quite a steal in this years draft...... It took beno four years before he could beat a full court press.... Do you not remember how pathetic he was against the pistons in the finals and couldnt get the ball past half court????...... with that said, id still rather see beno in a spurs uni than mr vaughn but whatever.... two in a row!

SpurSupremacist
11-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Nevermind. I thought you might be coming from a logical place, but you're obviously some sort of Beno homer. Popobitch? Pop is one of the best coaches of all-time. Anyone who disagrees with that has no idea about basketball, period.

Popobitch is only perceived as a great coach because he has had Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. My mother could win trotting out those lineups a great percentage of the time.

Did you ever think Beno was in the doghouse constantly because he fucked up constantly?

No.

It wasn't like he was a badass player and Pop wasn't giving him time.

Really? So he magically just blossomed the minute he arrived in Sacramento... got ya.

Every time he got on the court he was either out of shape, injured, or screwed up.

See above.

Beno only has to play one end of the court in Sac, offense.

Funny, it seemed like Hill couldn't do shit when he was guarding him.

And athleticism doesn't put you in the correct positions to make defensive plays, awareness does.

It gets you there quicker. And you can't underestimate the importance of long arms when making defensive plays.

SpurSupremacist
11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
!!!BASURA!!! it wont be long before we ALL realize Hill was quite a steal in this years draft...... It took beno four years before he could beat a full court press.... Do you not remember how pathetic he was against the pistons in the finals and couldnt get the ball past half court????...... with that said, id still rather see beno in a spurs uni than mr vaughn but whatever.... two in a row!

We will see who has the better assist to turnover ratio at the end of Hill's rookie season, we will compare it to Beno's rookie season, and if Beno's isn't better... I will be very surprised.

romad_20
11-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Popobitch is only perceived as a great coach because he has had Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. My mother could win trotting out those lineups a great percentage of the time.

Name one coach that hasn't won with great players.

Now think about how many coaches with great players haven't won shit. Your arguments are weak.

bdictjames
11-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Maybe Hill has trouble guarding Europeans? Beno pretty much has a style of his own.

Indazone
11-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Beno Udrih, great example of a European player who was in the doghouse. Yeah he complained and whined a bunch but he finally got his chance in Sac town. Look at Beno now. This is exactly what V-Span should have done. If he had only waited out JVG's firing and played for Adleman he would have been fine. Hell he would have been fine if he would have just stayed and played for the Spurs.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Beno always ups his game against the Spurs, he's even played well against TP.

I would have actually expected Beno to have done better than he did last night......

but he still sucks.

DROB4EVER
11-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Beno is soft , has a low BBall IQ, and is a poor defender. He has been in the NBA for 5 yrs and should be able to get over on a rookie, we will see how well he does next time he plays us.

FromWayDowntown
11-17-2008, 12:44 PM
:cry Beno -- come back!! You're our savior! :cry

Buddy Holly
11-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Holy shit, SS makes this thread in no clearer forms than to put down Hill and finish the oral favors on Beno he's been performing the last few days.

Sadly, he just spotlighted the fact that 33 tears old, third string point guard Jacque Vaughn out performed Beno.

In 23 minutes Vaughn had 10 pts and 6 asts with a +/- of plus 8.

Like stated before, Beno in 35 minutes had 16 pts and 5 asts with a +/- of plus 6.

I know SS had his heart set on making a rookie look bad but in the end his lover was outplayed by JACQUE VAUGHN.

Tully365
11-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Jacque Vaughn had more success against him.

Exactly. This is why Pop let Beno go. He couldn't defend against the opponent's 3rd string point guard, and as a result his team, which he is supposed to lead, lost the game. As usual, Beno won a battle (against Hill), but lost the war.

SpursFanFirst
11-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Feels good to be right.

:rolleyes Are you still here?
You were going on and on the other night because he finished with 30 points.
Last night, he finished with 16 points. What happened to the other 14?

SpursFanFirst
11-17-2008, 01:21 PM
I think Popobitch might be learning a small amount from the Beno fuck-up, though. He seems to have maybe a bit more patience with Hill.

Hill is changing positions. THAT'S why Pop has more patience with him.

K-State Spur
11-17-2008, 01:34 PM

No.

Really? So he magically just blossomed the minute he arrived in Sacramento... got ya.

There are a quite a few guys who can put up numbers on bad teams (even bad teams are going to score 90 ppg - and somebody's got to score those points), but struggle to fill a role on a contender.

Beno was given every chance to win the back-up PG job in 2 out of his 3 years here (2006 was an admitted debacle) - and he failed...especially in year 3.

Beno's never going to be the PG for a contender. But if you're looking for a 9th or 10th place squad, he's a nice piece to build around.

Cry Havoc
11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
I watched the game. Most of Beno's rebounds were the ricochet from long, ill-advised shots that just went over the head of everyone else. I could have got those boards had I been standing there.

Four assists? Four assists for a starting point-guard? Vaughn could average 5-6 if he had similar minutes, and I hate Vaughn.

FIVE turnovers. Wow, a negative A-T ratio. You're right, Beno is SO UTTERLY AWESOME!

Take the FTs away from him, and you're left with a 10 point, negative A-T ratio, starting point guard performance. Stellar. And he's doing this against the scrubs of the Spurs guardplay. Our best PG and SG are sidelined, and this is the statline Beno puts up? I'm glad he's not a Spur. How many teams out there would be spooging themselves like you are over a starting point who coughs it up more than he dishes it?

traitoravery
11-17-2008, 02:02 PM
SS=Beno's older brother.....haha. I think Pop was resting hill last night because he is going to have to guard Baron Davis all night tonight.

FromWayDowntown
11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Hill is changing positions. THAT'S why Pop has more patience with him.

I also think that Pop has more patience with Hill because the dude plays his guts out, even if he's not successful. Pop gets on Hill, I'm sure, but I also suspect that Pop has a fair amount of respect for the guy because he does play hard.

I'm not sure you could ever say the same for Beno, even when he was successful.

romad_20
11-17-2008, 02:34 PM
I watched the game. Most of Beno's rebounds were the ricochet from long, ill-advised shots that just went over the head of everyone else. I could have got those boards had I been standing there.

Four assists? Four assists for a starting point-guard? Vaughn could average 5-6 if he had similar minutes, and I hate Vaughn.

FIVE turnovers. Wow, a negative A-T ratio. You're right, Beno is SO UTTERLY AWESOME!

Take the FTs away from him, and you're left with a 10 point, negative A-T ratio, starting point guard performance. Stellar. And he's doing this against the scrubs of the Spurs guardplay. Our best PG and SG are sidelined, and this is the statline Beno puts up? I'm glad he's not a Spur. How many teams out there would be spooging themselves like you are over a starting point who coughs it up more than he dishes it?

The OP is probably reconsidering posting this thread because his "observations" are getting torn apart and it doesn't look like anyone else is wishing Beno was still here.

Harry Callahan
11-17-2008, 02:41 PM
There are a quite a few guys who can put up numbers on bad teams (even bad teams are going to score 90 ppg - and somebody's got to score those points), but struggle to fill a role on a contender.

Beno was given every chance to win the back-up PG job in 2 out of his 3 years here (2006 was an admitted debacle) - and he failed...especially in year 3.

Beno's never going to be the PG for a contender. But if you're looking for a 9th or 10th place squad, he's a nice piece to build around.

Nail on the head K-State. Besides, Beno would not be here in 2008 anyway with his rookie deal expiring last year. He would have left SA because he will never be in the same tier as Tony Parker, who is the same age with so many more skins on the wall in his career.

Beno's only chance to be nothing more than a fill in in SA was for Tony Parker to bolt SA when his rookie deal ran out. TP got his money and closed the book on Beno.

When Detroit exposed Beno in 2005, he never really recovered.

Mental toughness is needed to play for SA. Beno did not have it.

George Hill will play hard all the time and will play hurt in SA. BU could do neither in SA. Case closed.

my2sons
11-17-2008, 02:55 PM

dude beno got 16 points, had trouble with the full court press and played better than a rook. If hill is only better because he is athletic, then the upside is much better than beno's. Looks like it took the team letting beno go for him to decide that practice is important and lets see which one gets farther in the playoffs and which one is playing better in april instead of comparing them in november.

The Truth #6
11-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Hill has less experience but he'll be better by the end.

Beno shoots and moves the ball well. Hill isn't as good in that area but will be better in most other areas - driving, rebounding, defending, ball handling, help defending, and most likely scoring. Beno is a better shooter but could never take it in against the trees like Hill did against Yao, which is why I think Hill will be a better scorer in the end, and his jumper will improve and actually isn't as bad as some have claimed.

Mitch Cumsteen
11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
I can't believe I'm responding to the idiocy of this thread.
Beno's first 7 games as a Spur vs. Hill's first 7:

Beno:
9/25 FG, 4/9 3Pt, 5/6 FT, 3 Reb, 7 Ast, 6 Stl, 6 TO, 0 Blk, 27 pts

Hill:
21/51 FG, 3/9 3Pt, 11/16 FT, 20 Reb, 18 Ast, 3 Stl, 6 TO, 2 Blk, 56 pts

jayc23
11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
George didn't play with the fire and aggressiveness he did against houston... pop needs to chew him out.. tell him to get to the bucket ... end of story

DMX7
11-17-2008, 03:57 PM
I don't know where people are getting the idea that Hill is a good defender. He has long arms so he gets a block every once and a while but he can't stay in front of his man and anytime a shooter sees him they drop a dime in his face.

As for Bonner, he is a shooter so he's got to make shots. Simple as that. He did yesterday and it helped put us over the edge.

diego
11-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Where are you getting that Jacque Vaughn outplayed him? Because he certainly did not. rofl

Let's say the Kings are in the lottery, which they very well may be... that isn't on Beno, the team is shit. Just as the Spurs being in the playoffs won't be because of Hill. Beno doesn't have Duncan, Ginobili and Parker on his team. Sorry. Apples and oranges.

jacque vaughn most certainly outplayed him, both when they were competing for the back up PG spot in san antonio and on the court last night.

negative a/to ratio? virtually identical TS% (beno 57%, vaughn 56%)? lower +/-? yeah, vaughn outplayed him easily.

and what's beno excuse for being a worse defender than vaughn? its not athleticism or length. its focus and toughness. thats four things beno doesnt have.

he's a good shooter and a good passer though.

Joe Schmoogins
11-17-2008, 04:30 PM

I hope you're not serious... because if you are... you're an idiot. Anything you say from here on out has absolutely no credibility.

SCdac
11-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Eh they're two different kinds of guards IMO.

Hill reminds me of the Delonte West type. Regardless of size, can fit the mold of a 1 or 2. Lengthy and athletic. Does a little bit of everthing on both ends. Not going to be the offensive cog, but isn't incapable of scoring when need be.

Udrih reminds me more of a Carlos Arroyo type (for lack of a better example). Will do ok offensively if anything. Won't have a problem setting others up through his own offensive production, but will also log alot of turnovers. Can slash and shoot well enough to get in double digits on most nights.

We haven't even seen him alot, but I already prefer George Hill. At the end of the day, I just get the feeling he'll bring more "intagibles" to the table for a contending team. Seems like a very active, and commited, player. Something we didn't always see from Beno (as a Spur), and that's really all that mattered. I'm glad Beno is playing well in Sacramento, but I'm not exactly sold on him being an exceptional player yet.

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Stats don't lie.

90-88. 3-1 as a starter.

DMX7
11-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Of course I'm glad we got rid of Beno. Besides, he probably doesn't even get those shots if Sacramento has there two best players suited up.

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Beno's got shitloads of talent. Let's see how far that takes the Kings.

I Love Me Some Me
11-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Beno is a decent player and thrives in an environment where there really is no pressure to win and earn minutes.

He simply could not handle the pressure that comes along with being on a team that competes for a championship year in and year out. He will thrive in Sacramento as long as they are satisfied with medicore W/L records, and fighting for 8th seeds. If they ever become serious about winning, he will shit his pants.

Pero
11-17-2008, 06:25 PM

Beno:

Hill:

I can't believe I'm going to reply to the idiocy of this post. Of course Hill has more rebounds, assists, pts etc... Because he has PLAYED MORE MINUTES as Tony Parker has been OUT for 4 games. If Parker were starting there is no way Hill gets these numbers.

I guess people have forgotten how Beno played in his rookie season because of his problems in the finals. And even that was in his ROOKIE season against the other best defensive team in the NBA at the time and two good defenders....

He was rookie of the month once, got to the rookie all-star game, some were saying he's better than Parker, I think he was even compared to Stockton (except for his defense haha) and Nash. Who is Hill compared to? Nobody, except maybe Beno freaking Udrih. :lol

First game Hill started for the Spurs he had 12 pts/5 rb/1 ast , first game Beno started for the Spurs he had something like 25/5/5.

And he's doing this against the scrubs of the Spurs guardplay. Our best PG and SG are sidelined, and this is the statline Beno puts up? I'm glad he's not a Spur.

Yeah, that Parker fellow is a scrub that Beno scored 27 points on last year, Baron Davis is a nobody also. :rolleyes

He never shot the ball with any consistency and seemed tentative.

Beno 1st season: FG%:.444 3PT%: .408 FT%: .753
Hill 1st season: FG%:.412 3PT%: .333 FT%: .688

I'm no Beno homer, but really you guys are being a little ridiculous here.

romad_20
11-17-2008, 06:35 PM
I can't believe I'm going to reply to the idiocy of this post. Of course Hill has more rebounds, assists, pts etc... Because he has PLAYED MORE MINUTES as Tony Parker has been OUT for 4 games. If Parker were starting there is no way Hill gets these numbers.

I guess people have forgotten how Beno played in his rookie season because of his problems in the finals. And even that was in his ROOKIE season against the other best defensive team in the NBA at the time and two good defenders....

He was rookie of the month once, got to the rookie all-star game, some were saying he's better than Parker, I think he was even compared to Stockton (except for his defense haha) and Nash. Who is Hill compared to? Nobody, except maybe Beno freaking Udrih. :lol

First game Hill started for the Spurs he had 12 pts/5 rb/1 ast , first game Beno started for the Spurs he had something like 25/5/5.

Yeah, that Parker fellow is a scrub that Beno scored 27 points on last year, Baron Davis is a nobody also. :rolleyes

Beno 1st season: FG%:.444 3PT%: .408 FT%: .753
Hill 1st season: FG%:.412 3PT%: .333 FT%: .688

I'm no Beno homer, but really you guys are being a little ridiculous here.

I've seen every game Beno ever played with the Spurs and he couldn't cut it. Its not like this opinion of him is out of thin air. He's not a horrible player, but he was injuried and didn't come into training camp ready. He couldn't handle Pop's coaching. Hill has played 9 games so far. after 3 years we knew what Beno was going to give us.

Beno averaged 5.9 points his rookie year in 14 mins. At Sac in 32 mpg he averages 12.7, so Beno is exactly as good as most here think he is. The fact is Hill is a better defender and rebounder, which suits this team better and it looks like he actually has a good head on his shoulders.

SpursFan0728
11-17-2008, 06:42 PM

Beno:

Hill:

stupid comment

Hill stats would not have been better than Beno's if Parker wasn't down

With that being said, I do agree that Hill is a better defender.

But I also congratulate Beno for finding a new Home in Sac

Ice009
11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
I'll agree, only because he has the potential to be a lockdown defender and he's still very young. That jumper is awful as of right now, though.

Do you even remember Beno in 2007. He couldn't hit shit at times. His form and jumper looked putrid.

Beno is probably a better shooter overall, but don't act as if Beno never had any shooting slumps.

ploto
11-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Look- Beno is happy in Sacramento and you are happy with Hill. If you hated him so much, be glad he is gone.

Is Hill more mature than a 21 year old Beno moving to the US from Europe- sure. But to claim Hill will be a better scorer or passer than Beno is crazy. Beno led the Spurs in 3 point FG% as a rookie adjusting to the NBA line and was also called the Spurs best passer that season by Pop. Of course, I wish it had worked out differently. Is Beno to blame- of course- but even Pop admits it was partially his fault, as well. I am sure many of the guys in here are more mature at 26 than 21. Wish him well- his teammates have- he is a talented guy.

Biernutz
11-17-2008, 07:02 PM
This is how much Beno money is making --how good do you feel paying this for Beno?

$5,500,000---2008-09
$6,077,500---2009-10
$6,655,000---2010--11
$7,232,500---2011--12
$7,810,000---2012--13

Why is Beno being compared to a rookie with less than 15 games? That says it all.

Cry Havoc
11-17-2008, 07:04 PM
REGULAR SEASON STATS ARE AWESOME.

:rolleyes

Assuming Beno ever made the playoffs, Parker would utterly, completely humiliate him. It would not even be, and is not worth discussing. A hell of a lot of NBA players have put up 27 before. It doesn't mean they're anything special.

Please defend his FIVE turnovers against the Spurs 2nd and 3rd string guards. Thanks.

jag
11-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Beno Udrih, great example of a European player who was in the doghouse. Yeah he complained and whined a bunch but he finally got his chance in Sac town. Look at Beno now. This is exactly what V-Span should have done. If he had only waited out JVG's firing and played for Adleman he would have been fine. Hell he would have been fine if he would have just stayed and played for the Spurs.

If George hill is ever as good as Beno is right now...i'll be happy.

Cry Havoc
11-17-2008, 07:23 PM
If George hill is ever as good as Beno is right now...i'll be happy.

Can you name ONE player in the NBA that Beno Udrih can guard?

Seriously. Name one who's name isn't J.J. Redick.

Pero
11-17-2008, 07:35 PM
I've seen every game Beno ever played with the Spurs and he couldn't cut it. Its not like this opinion of him is out of thin air. He's not a horrible player, but he was injuried and didn't come into training camp ready. He couldn't handle Pop's coaching. Hill has played 9 games so far. after 3 years we knew what Beno was going to give us.

Beno averaged 5.9 points his rookie year in 14 mins. At Sac in 32 mpg he averages 12.7, so Beno is exactly as good as most here think he is. The fact is Hill is a better defender and rebounder, which suits this team better and it looks like he actually has a good head on his shoulders.

Right, I don't disagree with that.

Please defend his FIVE turnovers against the Spurs 2nd and 3rd string guards. Thanks.

A hell of a lot of NBA players have forced other NBA players to turn over the ball 5 times before. It doesn't mean they're anything special.

And you're saying regular season doesn't matter, but people here are comparing Hill in the REGULAR season to Beno. How does it not matter then?
Fact is, Beno in his rookie season was better than Hill is so far. Maybe Hill will get/be better as the season goes on, we'll have to wait and see.

Pero
11-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Can you name ONE player in the NBA that Beno Udrih can guard?

Seriously. Name one who's name isn't J.J. Redick.

Baron Davis shot 4-15 with Beno guarding him. :lol

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 07:55 PM
It's really sad that the best thing people can say about Beno after five years in the NBA is that he's better than, check that, puts up better stats than, a guy who's played five games in his entire career, yet they treat that like it means something. If he actually played to his potential, people would be comparing him to Parker. THAT is why he's not a Spur, and why my only regret about his leaving is that the Spurs couldn't get something in return for him.

underdawg
11-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Baron Davis shot 4-15 with Beno guarding him. :lol

didn't see that game, so please tell me was that Beno's D or was it Davis having an off night? Just asking - b/c we all know that Davis probably drops30 on Beno the next time they play. Beno's in the perfect place -a team that's not a contender. He might win a regular season game for them every once in a while, but I'd bet he'd disappear in the playoffs. He's always had a chip on his shoulder probably due to his sense of entitlement. I liked Beno and feel sorry for what happened to him in SA, but at the end of the day he'll probably be just fine with his stats in Sac.

timvp
11-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Regarding Beno, he's the exact same player now that he was when he entered the league. The only difference with the Kings is that he plays more minutes.

http://spurstalk.com/benosame.jpg

Take out his third season with the Spurs and those numbers are amazingly similar. He scored a little bit more with the Spurs but pulls down more rebounds with the Kings. That's about the only difference.

His main problems while with the Spurs were never on the court. He just wasn't a good fit. I think the one thing Beno could never get over was playing behind Parker. In Beno's eyes, he's Parker's equal. Playing behind him was a slap in the face to him.

Add to that he never really meshed with Pop on or off the court and that explains the messy divorce. I'm glad he's doing well on his own team now. I'm also glad he's not on the Spurs because he never really fit.

I have no problem with Beno and it's nice to see that he has a huge contract that will make sure he never has to worry about money again. Plus, him doing well elsewhere proves that the Spurs front office scouts can find gems deep in drafts.

Pero
11-17-2008, 08:27 PM
It's really sad that the best thing people can say about Beno after five years in the NBA is that he's better than, check that, puts up better stats than, a guy who's played five games in his entire career, yet they treat that like it means something. If he actually played to his potential, people would be comparing him to Parker.

He was... But yeah I guess. :lol
Although I think why they're compared is because they were/are both Spurs rookies who play/ed back up.

Regarding Beno, he's the exact same player now that he was when he entered the league. The only difference with the Kings is that he plays more minutes.

I think after he got traded to the Kings last season he was putting up better numbers, but maybe his contract had something to do with it. :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Beno jumped for a Jacque Vaughn pump fake, which led to Vaughn getting an and-1 on him..yes, jumped for a Vaughn pump fake, you read correctly..

SenorSpur
11-17-2008, 09:43 PM

http://spurstalk.com/benosame.jpg

Take out his third season with the Spurs and those numbers are amazingly similar. He scored a little bit more with the Spurs but pulls down more rebounds with the Kings. That's about the only difference.

His main problems while with the Spurs were never on the court. He just wasn't a good fit. I think the one thing Beno could never get over was playing behind Parker. In Beno's eyes, he's Parker's equal. Playing behind him was a slap in the face to him.

Add to that he never really meshed with Pop on or off the court and that explains the messy divorce. I'm glad he's doing well on his own team now. I'm also glad he's not on the Spurs because he never really fit.

I have no problem with Beno and it's nice to see that he has a huge contract that will make sure he never has to worry about money again. Plus, him doing well elsewhere proves that the Spurs front office scouts can find gems deep in drafts.

Well said. I just wish the Spurs could've gotten more for him in the trade.

ShoogarBear
11-17-2008, 09:46 PM
SpursSupremacist = SpursDynasty 2.0

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 10:25 PM
SpursSupremacist = SpursDynasty 2.0

If he's the one who said Steven Hunter's a better defender than Kurt Thomas, I think it's more like Spurssupremacist = Spursdynasty .05

Cry Havoc
11-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Right, I don't disagree with that.

A hell of a lot of NBA players have forced other NBA players to turn over the ball 5 times before. It doesn't mean they're anything special.[quote]

Okay, but this thread is talking about how Beno is Chris Paul's bigger, faster, stronger brother. I'm asking the OP to tell me how a 5 TO game against a young, inexperienced team + Vaughn in the backcourt is considered a great performance.

[quote]And you're saying regular season doesn't matter, but people here are comparing Hill in the REGULAR season to Beno. How does it not matter then?
Fact is, Beno in his rookie season was better than Hill is so far. Maybe Hill will get/be better as the season goes on, we'll have to wait and see.

When Hill completely, utterly, metaphorically takes a dump on the court during a playoff game, then you will see me posting on this forum about how he needs to pick up his game a lot. I never had a problem with Beano's regular season play. It's the playoffs that still makes me toss and turn at night. Or does anyone who's lauding this guy actually recall what happens to Beano in the playoffs?

SpurSupremacist
11-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Well, there is a lot of idiocy being spewed around, per usual. I can't respond to all of it, so I'll just sum it up in one sentence. Stop being Popobitch's sheep. You idiots that think Popobitch can do no wrong make me laugh. You ever think, or consider the possibility that Beno was in the right here? I'm not saying he was or he wasn't, but you accept anything Popobitch says at face value, with your mouths open and drooling.

A few other things that were just too laughable I need to respond to:

1) Jacque Vaughn got Beno up in the air on a pump fake? Really? Wow. You act as if he pump faked from the 3 point line to get him off his feet. He was directly next to the basket, Michael Jordan could be drawn into the air in that situation.

2) To the fool comparing Beno's first few games to Hill's... ROFL. Just... ROFL. You realize Hill is starting these games, right? And playing 30 minutes a night? That is, if he doesn't play so terribly that he has to get yanked, ie when he was getting balled on by Beno.

3) It's so trendy to say someone can't defend. It's mostly just opinion-oriented, with no real backing. That said, do I think Hill is a better defender? Yes. Do I think the difference is that significant? No, not really. All Hill does is play way off of offensive players and plays the drive, hoping to use his length to bother them. People are going to figure this out soon and just continually pull in his face, until he plays some actual defense. By the way, props to Pero, completely tore you another one with that Baron Davis stat. To which you could only respond "Didn't see that game." ROFL. And then of course, you blamed it entirely on the offensive player. Smooth.

4) And to the rest of you idiots citing that I'm comparing a rookie to a veteran, you don't seem to understand. People on this board are saying things like Hill is Beno's superior, even going as far to say that Beno was going to get 'thrashed' in this game. Funny how quickly the argument changes, innit?

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Hill>>>>>>>>testicle sweat>>>Beno>>>>>>>SpurSupremacist.

/thread

SpurSupremacist
11-19-2008, 01:22 AM
Me > You

/life

cherylsteele
11-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Well, there is a lot of idiocy being spewed around, per usual.
Then stop posting your crap. He lost his 2nd string position here to JV, who is not a world beater by any means. So he scores well sometimes, that is only part of the NBA game. I can name plenty of players who had periodic good scoring nights, but overall weren't worth a hill of beans.

romad_20
11-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Stop being Popobitch's sheep. You idiots that think Popobitch can do no wrong make me laugh. You ever think, or consider the possibility that Beno was in the right here?

No. I don't think Beno was in the right here. If he was, it would have been showing on the court. I think everyone here wanted Beno to do well when he was here, he just didn't.

No one takes your opinion seriously, because Pop apprently boned your girlfriend and you're bitter. I have criticized Pop on many occasion because of his stupid rotations in the playoffs, small ball and other things, but he was right in the case of Beno. He also is regarded as the best or one of the best coaches to play for by the players. He is the best defensive head coach in the league. He is brilliant out of time outs and the dude is funny. What's your problem with him?

anakha
11-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Typical response.

Take an argument that a situation is not necessarily entirely the coach's or FO's fault and turn it into a "you're all sheep/homers" accusation.

SpurSupremacist
11-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Pop apprently boned your girlfriend and you're bitter.

He would have to get a whole lot of skin treatment, and I'm talking like some REVOLUTIONARY shit, and then find the fountain of youth before that happens.