PDA

View Full Version : MNF: 11/17/2008 - Browns vs Bills

Borosai
11-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Most likely I'm the only person here who is truly interested in this game, but dammit, I need to see something positive tonight.

After a decent start this year which got my hopes up for at least a playoff appearance, the Bills are back to their old ways, and have lost the last 3 games (all within the division) and 4 of the last 5 games. Not good. The coaching and preparation is weak, the o-line is garbage, and the d-line can't pressure the opposing quarterback.

Teams should improve as the season progresses, but that hasn't happened. If anything, they're playing the same way, and in some ways they are worse. I haven't seen anything from these guys to make me believe that they'll get their shit together, but I guess I still have hope that something will just happen. Tonight would be a good start, or else they'll be in sole possession of last place in the division. Yay.

And I hope they're wearing their throwbacks. And I hope I sleep well tonight. 2 hours to go.

SAtown
11-17-2008, 07:00 PM
In terms of playoff hopes, I think the Bills have the least favorable schedule of the AFC East teams, and one of the hardest in the AFC altogether. They do have 3 division games remaining though. Even though they haven't looked like the same Bills team 4 or 5 weeks ago, I think they can take care of the Browns, KC, San Fran, and Denver. As usual, the division games are pretty much a coin flip, with the Bills having 2/3 remaining div games at home

AFC East is just stacked this year. GO BROWNS

SAtown
11-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Oh and another thing, I hope I never have to see the Browns on a primetime game ever again

Borosai
11-17-2008, 07:12 PM
In terms of playoff hopes, I think the Bills have the least favorable schedule of the AFC East teams, and one of the hardest in the AFC altogether. They do have 3 division games remaining though. Even though they haven't looked like the same Bills team 4 or 5 weeks ago, I think they can take care of the Browns, KC, San Fran, and Denver. As usual, the division games are pretty much a coin flip, with the Bills having 2/3 remaining div games at home

AFC East is just stacked this year. GO BROWNS

WTF?! :downspin:

Seriously, I don't even consider the next 3 games as probable wins anymore. 50/50 against 3 bad teams. And the final four will be very tough. Denver's defense sucks, but so does the Bills' defense, and the Broncos can score a lot. We'll see.

SAtown
11-17-2008, 07:18 PM
:lol the size 1 font isn't so small after all. I hate the Browns, but this year my Jets need all the separation they can get

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Most likely I'm the only person here who is truly interested in this game, but dammit, I need to see something positive tonight.

<---- Big Browns fan. I hope the only thing you see that's positive is your team's draft position. :tu

Borosai
11-17-2008, 08:11 PM
<---- Big Browns fan. I hope the only thing you see that's positive is your team's draft position. :tu

:hungry: I guess I can't lose tonight then.

Borosai
11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Damn, no throwbacks.

Obstructed_View
11-17-2008, 08:23 PM
:hungry: I guess I can't lose tonight then.

Nope. You'll definitely have someone to rag if the Bills win. :)

Borosai
11-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Bad start. The rhino in the Browns uniform was triple-teamed and still deflected the ball.

Borosai
11-17-2008, 08:49 PM
And some more badness.

Spur-Addict
11-17-2008, 08:58 PM
And some more badness.

Bud, you should know more than anyone else that the Bills don't kick it in gear until late. They have a thing for drama.

Borosai
11-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Bud, you should know more than anyone else that the Bills don't kick it in gear until late. They have a thing for drama.

Edwards used to be the steady hand that allowed the Bills to comeback. He's not so steady anymore. Anyway, it's a long game, but what a bad start.

Spur-Addict
11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Edwards used to be the steady hand that allowed the Bills to comeback. He's not so steady anymore. Anyway, it's a long game, but what a bad start.

Yes, this is true, but I still wouldn't put J.P in. But, if the lead stays below fourteen, I wouldn't get too upset even though he's playing like absolute trash. The D usually gives opportunities, even when they are banged up the D plays fairly well.

Borosai
11-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Well, that's one way not to throw interceptions: stop passing.

Spur-Addict
11-17-2008, 10:00 PM
After all of that, they are only down three.

Borosai
11-17-2008, 10:01 PM
That was all Lynch and Jackson running the ball: I love those guys.

Spur-Addict
11-17-2008, 11:13 PM
D holds to three, still within reach man.

Borosai
11-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Well that was lame: the o-line finally learns to block, they finally have a good rushing performance, the defense does well (especially with those short fields they had at first), and the special teams were amazing... and the QB fucks it up with his 4th straight shitty performance.

Well, I knew they weren't going to win many of their remaining games, but now the season is officially over. Time to plan for the draft.

SAtown
11-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Lindell pulled a Norwood.

Borosai
11-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah, history just repeats itself and the team is always rebuilding. It's good to be a Bills fan! :lol

NBA Junkie
11-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Nice playcalling by Jauron knowing that your kicker is attempting a 47 yarder into a swirling wind.

The squib kicks have gotta go. You're basically giving away better field position than if you actually kick it deep.

Fabbs
11-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Nice playcalling by Jauron knowing that your kicker is attempting a 47 yarder into a swirling wind.

The squib kicks have gotta go. You're basically giving away better field position than if you actually kick it deep.

1st and 10 at Browns 34 yd line with a chance to make the fg easier and Jauron goes with Lynch for three straight up the middle runs. Was the Bills QB that sucky or did Jauron go into Marty Shottenheimer-Greg Popavich offensive mode?

Thanks for costing me 1000 bucks Redskins and Bills. I was 11-1 before that.

IronMexican
11-18-2008, 10:07 AM
1st and 10 at Browns 34 yd line with a chance to make the fg easier and Jauron goes with Lynch for three straight up the middle runs. Was the Bills QB that sucky or did Jauron go into Marty Shottenheimer-Greg Popavich offensive mode?

Bills costed me 500 in my pool last week:depressed

Borosai
11-18-2008, 10:49 AM

Edwards was pretty bad this game, but on that drive, he made a nice throw, and he might have had another one in him. But this is Bills coaching this year: dumb and predictable. There's a reason why Jauron has a losing record as a HC, and he just got an extension. :rolleyes

T Park
11-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Fucking Trent Edwards couldn't throw one goddamn pass to Lee Evans!??!

FUCK YOU! :flipoff

NBA Junkie
11-18-2008, 12:35 PM

Edwards had a horrible first quarter, but seemed to rebound enough to get the Bills closer to a more makable FG attempt considering they were kicking into the wind and most NFL kickers are nearly automatic on FG attempts of less than 40 yards.

It was bad playcalling for sure. Mike McCarthy did the same thing in the Viking-Packer game the prior week and it backfired on him as well.

Obstructed_View
11-18-2008, 06:01 PM
The Browns have the most horrifically gutless defense I've ever seen. They really deserved to make history and give up big fourth quarter leads three times in a row. I'm excited about the QB play, but that defense needs to be dismantled. I can tackle better than that, and I'm 38 years old and out of shape.

mytespurs
11-18-2008, 06:15 PM
I watched some of this game while at the gym last night. The Bills clearly looked like the better team last night.....except for the miscues and turnovers...they are fading after starting out strong.....but they're not out of it...they are .500 and will rebound.....hopefully.

It is ironic that Jauron got a contract extenstion and then the team starts going south......

It will get better...I think Trent will be a good quarterback...certanly better than who Cam picked last year....John Beck......:rolleyes

Borosai
11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh, their season is over: 5-1 --> 5-5 --> 7-9? They just aren't very good, and it starts with the coaches (who aren't going anywhere). But don't worry! There will be more of the same next year. :cheer

IronMexican
11-18-2008, 10:16 PM
If the Raiders would have drafted Joe Thomas in the first, then Trent in the second, we would be in a much better position.

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 12:40 AM
If the Raiders would have drafted Joe Thomas in the first, then Trent in the second, we would be in a much better position.

Imagine if they had picked him and kept Kerry Collins.

IronMexican
11-19-2008, 01:14 AM
Imagine if they had picked him and kept Kerry Collins.

Kerry Collins wasn;t gonna do shit with this line.

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Kerry Collins wasn;t gonna do shit with this line.

I'm sorry, you were talking about Joe Thomas the offensive lineman, right?