PDA

View Full Version : A costly win for the Rockets tonight

Matchman
11-17-2008, 10:31 PM
:depressed
All three of our stars left the game early because of injuries. Yao and Ron with ankle sprains, TMac with a miss step :(
heres a vid from ClutchFans the greatest rockets BBS:
NhnnDWj1yG8

IronMexican
11-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Are we supposed to be surprised? I hope for a speedy recovery.

sook
11-17-2008, 10:34 PM
stupid to keep ron in the game at that point though lol

spurschick
11-17-2008, 10:35 PM
:depressed
All three of our stars left the game early because of injuries. Yao and Ron with ankle sprains, TMac with a miss step :(

Welcome to our world.

tomtom
11-17-2008, 10:36 PM
ouch all three in one game. that sucks

Indazone
11-17-2008, 10:36 PM
meh, they are only ankle sprains. One week out max.

Armando
11-17-2008, 10:54 PM
The annual tradition in Houston

Indazone
11-17-2008, 11:06 PM
lol..yep the annual tradition. I don't care as long as we got all three for the playoffs.

Armando
11-17-2008, 11:09 PM
lol..yep the annual tradition. I don't care as long as we got all three for the playoffs.

I hope Houston draws Portland in the 1st round. That will be a great opening round series.

ShoogarBear
11-17-2008, 11:43 PM
When is Battier coming back?

Roxsfan
11-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I'll worry when they say one, both or all 3 are out for the season.

this is non-news:sleep

ShoogarBear
11-17-2008, 11:47 PM
I'll worry when they say one, both or all 3 are out for the season.

That's what they'll say after the first round of the playoffs.

Roxsfan
11-17-2008, 11:50 PM

lame^
wow, whatcha takin for show and tell tomorrow, hardy har har--how do you fucking do it Mr. Funny man you:rolleyes

Matchman
11-17-2008, 11:53 PM

LoL Karma is already up ur ass with Manu and Park being out.... keep talkin' :lol

Roxsfan
11-17-2008, 11:54 PM
LoL Karma is already up ur ass with Manu and Park being out.... keep talkin' :lol

Fuck yeah Matchman--you're a fucking bad ass. You tell that ASS CLOWN.:toast

ShoogarBear
11-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Touchy, touchy.

E20
11-18-2008, 12:10 AM
breakning news yao and tmac get injured again.

Indazone
11-18-2008, 12:32 AM
I swear it's a Rockets curse. Nobody will ever want to come and play for the Rockets. Artest goes down running into a camerman and spraining his ankle. I saw the vid..looks bad. He had to be helped off the court. T-Mac is just plain gimpy. Yao hurt his foot again. The same one he broke last year.

My sig says it all. Oh Noesss!!!

BlackSwordsMan
11-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Texas basketball sucks this year

Kai
11-18-2008, 12:37 AM
From the other thread:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6117712.html

McGrady, however, was openly frustrated by bouncing back so slowly from his knee surgery six months ago. He had been playing well on Monday, making 4 of 6 shots to score eight points in 18 minutes. But on the second possession of the second half, he grimaced in pain after sending a pass to Luis Scola.

Though he told coaches he could return to the game, Rockets coach Rick Adelman said he chose not play McGrady while McGrady was limping and McGrady said he is now considering sitting out.

"My knee gave out on me," McGrady said. "They told me if I was to go back in, and they saw me limping they were going to take me back out. I was like, "Well, that’s what you’re pretty much going to see.’ My knee is feeling right. I hate to do this, but I’m going to get an MRI tomorrow and until, further notice, I’m going to have to shut it down.

"Tonight, I went back to square one, like before even surgery. I’ve always been feeling it, but tonight, before that particular play, I came up and it just gave out on me. I’ve been trying to work my way into playing shape and strengthen my leg. I’ve never been 100 percent. I’ve just been hoping playing on it would put me over the edge and I won’t have any more pain, but it hasn’t worked."

Indazone
11-18-2008, 12:52 AM
He's gonna have to get in the gym and strengthen those ligaments and muscles around his knee. He can't play I would guess for another month.

ShoogarBear
11-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Why was Artest even in the game at that point?

SpursDynasty
11-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Wow...Houston is bad enough with all three of those guys IN the game. They could go 0-71 if Artest, Yao, and McGrady are out.

turiaf for president
11-18-2008, 12:58 AM
so nothing else is new in the nba. Clippers cant execute in the 4th quarter and the rockets cant stay healthy. that being said, they should be all fine. artest looks like he got the worst of the three and hes a beast so he'll prolly play even if hes hurt

ElNono
How playing will heal your knee? What's TMac thinking?...
And Adelman is probably just as guilty. Let's hope he doesn't have to have another surgery.
But he needs to sit his ass out and do the rehab work until 100%.

turiaf for president
Touchy, touchy.

:lol

ElNono
11-18-2008, 01:01 AM
so nothing else is new in the nba. Clippers cant execute in the 4th quarter and the rockets cant stay healthy. that being said, they should be all fine. artest looks like he got the worst of the three and hes a beast so he'll prolly play even if hes hurt

Clips are not going anywhere this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they fire their coach within weeks...

Indazone
11-18-2008, 01:02 AM
That's what I don't get. When has running and jumping ever healed anyone's knee? Rockets doctors and coaching staff have their head up their asses.

turiaf for president
11-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Clips are not going anywhere this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they fire their coach within weeks...

agreed. thats my point exactly. they dont go anywhere, any year. i thought this year they had a chance to make some noise.

as far as mike getting fired, i doubt it. i think hes under contract for a while and hes also the GM right now. no way penny pinching sterling eats that contract

boutons_
11-18-2008, 01:09 AM
amazingly bad luck

turiaf for president
11-18-2008, 01:10 AM
wow it doesnt sound good for tmac

McGrady left the game in the opening minute of the second half after aggravating his left knee, which was operated on this offseason to have loose bodies removed. He didn't return.

"Tonight I went back to square one, even before surgery, is how my knee is feeling right now,'' McGrady said.

McGrady said he was told he'd be pulled right back out of the game if he was seen limping, and he didn't think he'd be able to play without doing that.

"It's sharp pain,'' McGrady said. "It almost just seems like I never had surgery. I'm feeling the same pain.''

you can tell how frustrated he is in the game recap. i feel for this guy. from emerging from "vince carters cousin" to arguably a better player than vince......... hopefully he'll be fine.

robbie380
11-18-2008, 01:15 AM
lol....i love the difference in quotes between yao, artest, and tmac....tmac just shut it down til march...we'll be fine without you until we gear up for the playoffs

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6117712.html

Rockets run through Thunder
Yao, McGrady & Artest banged up in win
By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
Nov. 17, 2008, 11:06PM

Ron Artest, from left, Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady watch from the bench in the fourth quarter.

OKLAHOMA CITY – First Tracy McGrady went down, but the damage seemed at a minimum. He was declared "fine" and likely to play again, and the Rockets soon opened a commanding lead.

Then Yao Ming went out after turning his left ankle. But Yao was soon laughing, and the Rockets pulled safely beyond the reach of the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Finally in the closing seconds, Ron Artest limped off, having sprained his left ankle while falling over a cameraman. Moments later, the Rockets closed out a 100-89 win over the Thunder, and the laugher of a win inspired only gallows humor.

"People are thinking," Yao said, "’Yeah, here is another year like the last three years.’ "

The Rockets were not that pessimistic quite yet. Even more asked, Yao said he was unconcerned.

"Just so you know, my ankle is fine," he said. "My goal, is still (to play) 82 games."

Artest, though limping badly, said he did not think he would miss a game, either.

"I just came down funny," Artest said. "I doubt (it would force him to miss a game.) People sprain their ankle all the time. It’s not broken."

McGrady, however, was openly frustrated by bouncing back so slowly from his knee surgery six months ago. He had been playing well on Monday, making 4 of 6 shots to score eight points in 18 minutes. But on the second possession of the second half, he grimaced in pain after sending a pass to Luis Scola.

Though he told coaches he could return to the game, Rockets coach Rick Adelman said he chose not play McGrady while McGrady was limping and McGrady said he is now considering sitting out.

"My knee gave out on me," McGrady said. "They told me if I was to go back in, and they saw me limping they were going to take me back out. I was like, "Well, that’s what you’re pretty much going to see.’ My knee is feeling right. I hate to do this, but I’m going to get an MRI tomorrow and until, further notice, I’m going to have to shut it down.

"Tonight, I went back to square one, like before even surgery. I’ve always been feeling it, but tonight, before that particular play, I came up and it just gave out on me. I’ve been trying to work my way into playing shape and strengthen my leg. I’ve never been 100 percent. I’ve just been hoping playing on it would put me over the edge and I won’t have any more pain, but it hasn’t worked."

When McGrady went off, the Rockets led by eight and were starting to play the sort of defense they had not in the first half. The Thunder, 29th in the NBA in shooting before the game, made 50 percent of their shots in the first half, often by getting into the open court and launching shots before the Rockets set their defense.

The Rockets took seeming control of the game by shutting that off to start the second half with Oklahoma City making just 1 of its first 12 shots, as the Rockets opened the second half with a 16-4 run.

"They were running it and they were shooting it well, and we made mistakes," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. "They ran right down our throat. We wanted to make them a halfcourt shooting team. We did not do that, especially the first quarter. We started to cut that down and that made the whole difference."

The Thunder put together a 14-3 run in the 4 ½ minutes to end the third quarter and start the fourth, cutting a lead that reached 19 to just eight.

The Rockets had turned the ball over in three of their six possessions in the trips in that stretch, so with the Thunder within eight, they made sure. They set up Yao for a jump hook inside. Aaron Brooks took off on a drive. Chuck Hayes put in a tip. The lead was at 14, and the Rockets were never threatened again.

The Rockets moved the ball well, often finding Scola open, with Scola making 10 of 20 shots for a season-high 23 points. Yao made 7 of 8 attempts, scoring 19 points and adding 12 rebounds. Artest had 17 points with a season-high 11 rebounds. But on a night the outcome never seemed in doubt, the Rockets headed home loaded with uncertainty.

"We just hope it’s nothing severe," Rafer Alston said. "To see Tracy come up gimpy like that was frustrating. To see Yao get hurt again was bad. And Ron, that was just a free accident.

"We don’t need all of them hurt. Sometimes with three players like that, you can deal with one of them hurt, maybe, but to have three down like that, we need those guys to be healthy."

RsxPiimp
11-18-2008, 03:51 AM
injured again?

sharp pain?

limping?

felt like he had surgery again?

oh man

:wakeup

timvp
11-18-2008, 04:10 AM
TMac to go emo and say he might retire in 3 ...... 2 ........

manufor3
11-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Welcome to our world.

boutons_
11-18-2008, 08:20 AM
How does a knee "give out", specifically?

There was no mention of ligament tear or break. Ligament strain?

Knee instability due to ?

Shank
11-18-2008, 09:00 AM
How does a knee "give out", specifically?

There was no mention of ligament tear or break. Ligament strain?

Knee instability due to ?

I believe the actual medical term is "chronic vaginitis".

Indazone
11-18-2008, 09:27 AM
T-Mac isn't healed yet from knee surgery. And Morey wanted Landry to go under and exploratory knee scope...yeahhhhhh rigggghhht. You never want anyone to cut on you for anything if you can help it cause you never know what can happen.

urunobili
11-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Scola will keep them alive...

DaDakota
11-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Tmac is a wuss, he should have been working through this in the summer.....sit his arse on the bench and put in Von Wafer, and go to work.....let Tmac feel the pressure of the team moving on without him.

He is fools gold anyway.

DD

1Parker1
11-18-2008, 10:06 AM
TMac is such a pessimist. :lol

Hemotivo
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
:lol

The Franchise
11-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Tmac is a wuss, he should have been working through this in the summer.....sit his arse on the bench and put in Von Wafer, and go to work.....let Tmac feel the pressure of the team moving on without him.

He is fools gold anyway.

DD

I totally agree. T-mac had arthroscopic knee surgery. This usually takes a couple months to heal. He had the surgery in May so do the math. When you come into camp 20 pounds overweight I don't get the feeling rehab was on your summer to do list. There is no excuse for a motherfucker making 20 million a season to come into camp out of shape!! He is a lazy player who, because of his lack of dedication, is now costing his teammates. He needs an MRI on his heart because so far this season that's what seems to be injured. I'm finally starting to realize that he will never be a winner in this league..T-mac is just a melancholy whore. :bang