PDA

View Full Version : Did All Three Of Houston's Stars Just Get Injured In The Same Game?

JordanL
11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Tmac twisted his ankle, Yao hobbled off the floor and Artest injured himself on a cameraman...

:wow

:depressed

sook
11-17-2008, 10:37 PM
yea but it was like a nagging injury, nothing serious.

Tmac could have played, we had a 20 point lead at one point so why bother..

robbie380
11-17-2008, 10:52 PM
yao and tmac are fine. yao is actually a man and can play thru pain unlike tmac. at least yao's little scrape kept him from playing another 35+ minute game. yao was able to play after he got dinged up so i have no doubt he will be fine for wednesday's game.....on the other hand who fucking knows about tmac....

Indazone
11-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Yao plays through anything which is actually scary. Dude needs to know when to say no. T-Mac..yeah fraility is his middle name. Artest is tough as nails. Running into a cameraman is a slight ankle roll or bruise which may hurt but I expect him to be in the next game. At worst maybe miss one game.

ShoogarBear
11-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Dammit, T-Mac, I need the fantasy points.

Roxsfan
11-17-2008, 11:48 PM
they should all be fine.

tmac has some lingering knee issues from knee/shoulder surgery, hi-miles, and conditioning and on top of that he tweaked his knee. should be fine with time.

yao--as long as its not a nagging thing that will follow him, he should be fine.

ron-ice and 1 nights sleep and he should be fine.

:sleep

Kai
11-18-2008, 12:23 AM
yao and tmac are fine. yao is actually a man and can play thru pain unlike tmac. at least yao's little scrape kept him from playing another 35+ minute game. yao was able to play after he got dinged up so i have no doubt he will be fine for wednesday's game.....on the other hand who fucking knows about tmac....
Apparently, you do.

Killakobe81
11-18-2008, 12:26 AM
"I want to play, man. I want to play. Just to get off to this start, for me personally this is a bad start," McGrady said. "To have to play your way through an injury that I've never had before and a surgery that was my first surgery is very frustrating. My game is really based on athleticism, and that's something that I don't have right now."

From ESPN.COM not time to panic but it DOESNT sound good 2 me ...either i dont wish injuries on anyone but i argued with a buddy of mine (a TMAC fan not a ROX fan) that TMAC is a borderline HOFER because of the injury factor the scoring titles say he should be a lock but I dont know ...

DaDakota
11-18-2008, 12:28 AM
TMac will probably shut it down for a bit to get his head and body right.....

Actually he has been awful on defense, and on offense he has stagnated the ball...as he and Ron don't fit that well.

Gonna be fun to see Wafer playing some more he has looked great.

DD

Killakobe81
11-18-2008, 12:30 AM
TMac will probably shut it down for a bit to get his head and body right.....

Actually he has been awful on defense, and on offense he has stagnated the ball...as he and Ron don't fit that well.

Gonna be fun to see Wafer playing some more he has looked great.

DD

That maybe best it will allow Artest a chance to jell with Yao which Wafer you talking about Von?1 he was drafted by the Lakeshow ...

Kai
11-18-2008, 12:34 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6117712.html

McGrady, however, was openly frustrated by bouncing back so slowly from his knee surgery six months ago. He had been playing well on Monday, making 4 of 6 shots to score eight points in 18 minutes. But on the second possession of the second half, he grimaced in pain after sending a pass to Luis Scola.

Though he told coaches he could return to the game, Rockets coach Rick Adelman said he chose not play McGrady while McGrady was limping and McGrady said he is now considering sitting out.

"My knee gave out on me," McGrady said. "They told me if I was to go back in, and they saw me limping they were going to take me back out. I was like, "Well, that’s what you’re pretty much going to see.’ My knee is feeling right. I hate to do this, but I’m going to get an MRI tomorrow and until, further notice, I’m going to have to shut it down.

"Tonight, I went back to square one, like before even surgery. I’ve always been feeling it, but tonight, before that particular play, I came up and it just gave out on me. I’ve been trying to work my way into playing shape and strengthen my leg. I’ve never been 100 percent. I’ve just been hoping playing on it would put me over the edge and I won’t have any more pain, but it hasn’t worked."

crc21209
11-18-2008, 01:32 AM
McGrady left the game in the opening minute of the second half after aggravating his left knee, which was operated on this offseason to have loose bodies removed. He didn't return.

"Tonight I went back to square one, even before surgery, is how my knee is feeling right now," McGrady said

All McGrady could do was watch from the bench, where he draped a towel across his shoulders. He planned to have an MRI on Tuesday.

"I want to play, man. I want to play. Just to get off to this start, for me personally this is a bad start," McGrady said. "To have to play your way through an injury that I've never had before and a surgery that was my first surgery is very frustrating. My game is really based on athleticism, and that's something that I don't have right now."

"I've never had any relief because I've just been trying to work my way into playing shape and strengthen my leg. I've never been 100 percent," McGrady said. "I've just been trying to play, hoping that playing on it will take me over the edge and I don't have any more pain. It hasn't worked in my favor."

McGrady said he was told he'd be pulled right back out of the game if he was seen limping, and he didn't think he'd be able to play without doing that.

"It's sharp pain," McGrady said. "It almost just seems like I never had surgery. I'm feeling the same pain."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281117025

Doesnt sound like its just "nothing" this is serious for Mcgrady. Something's wrong. To be feeling back at square one.

mystargtr34
11-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Sad T-Mac has turned into what he has, he was probly the most exciting player to watch from 01-03

ShoogarBear
11-18-2008, 01:38 AM
I think T-Mac is just more scared than anything.

Kai
11-18-2008, 01:46 AM

Thats absolutely right, and T-Mac would say that. He said before the season started that "most of it was just mental".

Obstructed_View
11-18-2008, 01:49 AM
Dammit, T-Mac, I need the fantasy points.

I got Scola and Artest. I've been waiting almost three whole weeks for TMac and Yao to go out. Thought it was never gonna happen.

Obstructed_View
11-18-2008, 01:50 AM
Thats absolutely right, and T-Mac would say that. He said before the season started that "most of it was just mental".

Didn't he say it was arthritic and degenerative and a bunch of other shit? Sounds about half done to me.

T Park
11-18-2008, 02:06 AM
If its arthritic and degenerative, then he either has to play with it, or hang it up.

DaDakota
11-18-2008, 10:02 AM
That maybe best it will allow Artest a chance to jell with Yao which Wafer you talking about Von?1 he was drafted by the Lakeshow ...

Yep, he has looked incredible...shooting over 60% from 3pt range and overall....and can flat out GET UP !!!

DD

The Franchise
11-18-2008, 05:19 PM

Your right. Well that and heartless.

The Franchise
11-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Didn't he say it was arthritic and degenerative and a bunch of other shit? Sounds about half done to me.

He may have said that but the doctors said his knee was just fine. His problem is he came into camp 20 pounds overweight (out of shape).

tlongII
11-18-2008, 05:33 PM
8RtGzevZV1Y

:lmao

21_Blessings
11-18-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm shocked

robbie380
11-18-2008, 06:12 PM
rofl mcgrady....3 men and a baby

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6119234.html

"Further notice" came quickly.

A day after Rockets guard Tracy McGrady said "until further notice, I’m going to have to shut it down," he was running through practice as if he never felt a shot of pain in Monday’s second half and never said the frustration had him reconsidering the idea of playing his way back to full strength.

McGrady said he was not certain he would play, but the chances had improved as much as his knee. He said he was "hopeful" he could play, called the MRI that was planned and cancelled "not necessary" and did not describe himself as like to stop playing entirely. "Right now, tomorrow is not ruled out," McGrady said. "I have to talk to coach and the trainers, maybe even monitor my minutes more. I could play. We just have to come out with some sort of solution. I don’t want to be out there looking the way I am right now. Me, coach, the trainers have to come up with some sort of solution."

The rest of the news was as uncertain, but also much better than when McGrady, Yao Ming and Ron Artest all left Monday’s game with injuries.

Yao and Artest did not practice, going instead for therapy and examinations. But both insisted, as they did after Monday’s game, that they would not miss Wednesday’s game against the Mavericks.

"I got treatment so I will be able to play tomorrow," Artest said. "I’m ready to play. I’ve been checked out by the doctor, by Keith (Jones, the Rockets athletic trainer.) It’s just a little sprain. We’ll see how it feels during the game. I’ll really see how it feels after the game."

While Artest was completely serious, Yao seemed to find the whole issue humorous.

"I’m fine, so fine," Yao said, almost signing his answer. "The x-ray told me I have no problem. I feel much better this morning."

Asked if he would be able to play, Yao said, "Yeah, play, continue. People step on and kick somebody. That always happens in a game. You will continue to see me. That’s good news."

There was so much of that, while Yao, McGrady and Artest all seemed dramatically improved, Shane Battier practiced for the first time this season.

"A little bumpy at times, but it felt good to be out there.," Battier said. "For me, it was a little beyond pain. It’s going to hurt for the rest of the year. My two gauges are is it enough pain to keep me from doing my job and is it going to cause further injury. If I can manage those two things, I don’t anticipate further problems."

sook
11-18-2008, 06:26 PM
rofl mcgrady....3 men and a baby

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6119234.html

"Further notice" came quickly.

A day after Rockets guard Tracy McGrady said "until further notice, I’m going to have to shut it down," he was running through practice as if he never felt a shot of pain in Monday’s second half and never said the frustration had him reconsidering the idea of playing his way back to full strength.

McGrady said he was not certain he would play, but the chances had improved as much as his knee. He said he was "hopeful" he could play, called the MRI that was planned and cancelled "not necessary" and did not describe himself as like to stop playing entirely. "Right now, tomorrow is not ruled out," McGrady said. "I have to talk to coach and the trainers, maybe even monitor my minutes more. I could play. We just have to come out with some sort of solution. I don’t want to be out there looking the way I am right now. Me, coach, the trainers have to come up with some sort of solution."

The rest of the news was as uncertain, but also much better than when McGrady, Yao Ming and Ron Artest all left Monday’s game with injuries.

Yao and Artest did not practice, going instead for therapy and examinations. But both insisted, as they did after Monday’s game, that they would not miss Wednesday’s game against the Mavericks.

"I got treatment so I will be able to play tomorrow," Artest said. "I’m ready to play. I’ve been checked out by the doctor, by Keith (Jones, the Rockets athletic trainer.) It’s just a little sprain. We’ll see how it feels during the game. I’ll really see how it feels after the game."

While Artest was completely serious, Yao seemed to find the whole issue humorous.

"I’m fine, so fine," Yao said, almost signing his answer. "The x-ray told me I have no problem. I feel much better this morning."

Asked if he would be able to play, Yao said, "Yeah, play, continue. People step on and kick somebody. That always happens in a game. You will continue to see me. That’s good news."

There was so much of that, while Yao, McGrady and Artest all seemed dramatically improved, Shane Battier practiced for the first time this season.

"A little bumpy at times, but it felt good to be out there.," Battier said. "For me, it was a little beyond pain. It’s going to hurt for the rest of the year. My two gauges are is it enough pain to keep me from doing my job and is it going to cause further injury. If I can manage those two things, I don’t anticipate further problems."

Bring him off the fucking bench.

And injured Mcgrady is practically useless.

When Shane comes back i want it to be

Rafer
Shane
Artest
Scola
Yao

ShoogarBear
11-18-2008, 10:26 PM

95% of it is half-mental.

ShoogarBear
11-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Well, now that it looks like all three are going to be okay . . .

How many shower rods were sold in Houston last night? :lol

Roxsfan
11-18-2008, 10:38 PM
8RtGzevZV1Y

:lmao

Fuck off you old fat bastard.:lmao