PDA

View Full Version : Billups - Western Conference Player of the Week

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Nuggets' Billups is chosen Player of Week in Western Conference
By Aaron J. Lopez, Rocky Mountain News
November 17, 2008

The Nuggets aren't the only ones benefiting from Chauncey Billups' return to his hometown.

The George Washington High and University of Colorado product on Monday was chosen the Western Conference's Player of the Week (Nov. 10-16) for averaging 21.5 points, 5.8 assists, 2.3 rebounds and 1.25 steals in four games last week. Denver went 3-1 in those games.

It's the first time a Nuggets player has won the Western Conference award since Allen Iverson on April 14, 2008. It's the fourth time Billups has been chosen conference player of the week, though the first time in the West.

Since obtaining Billups from the Detroit Pistons in trade for Iverson on Nov. 3, the Nuggets have compiled a 5-1 record, and Billups has averaged 19.5 points, 6.0 assists, 3.2 rebounds and 1.83 steals.

LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers won the Eastern Conference award.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/17/nuggets-billups-chosen-player-week-west/

:smokin

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Great player Chauncey. There's rarely a trade that benefits both teams basketball-wise but this one deffinitely seems to be one of these. I've always liked Billups, plays hard, makes his teammates better, good guy. Wish him success ( unless Denver meets SA in the playoffs of course ).

DarkReign
11-18-2008, 02:54 PM
I am extremely happy to see him have success in Denver. I only felt bad for him for one reason, that he was going to a deplorable team and would lose often.

Otherwise, I dont have sympathy for pro athletes and guaranteed contracts.

Im just glad to see he is helping his team become better in a tough, tough Western Conference.