PDA

View Full Version : Bonner's Sky Hook

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-18-2008, 11:17 AM
2 questions:

1 - Is anyone else surprised that Bonner isn't seeing more playing time? He seems to do a number of things pretty well.

2 - Does anyone know where I can still find a video of Bonner's famous sky hook? I was telling someone about it the other day, but haven't been able to find it. Damn it was funny.

z0sa
11-18-2008, 11:23 AM
He attempted a lefty one on a fairly decent drive last night near the end of the game. It's just too bad it rolled off.

honestfool84
11-18-2008, 11:41 AM
i find it so hilarious that the same fans that wanted to trade bonner a few weeks ago are wondering why he doesn't play more.

what a pathetic group.

koriwhat
11-18-2008, 11:53 AM
i find it so hilarious that the same fans that wanted to trade bonner a few weeks ago are wondering why he doesn't play more.

what a pathetic group.

that's ST for ya.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-18-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm glad he's playing well. He's improving his trade value tremendously. :tu

Borosai
11-18-2008, 12:56 PM
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3133/stbonnerhookedbe1.jpg

PDXSpursFan
11-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Hook = YES
Sky = No way (white men can't jump ;))

Jet915
11-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Haha, yeah, about 1 week ago, he was the most hated player on the spurs, now he walks on water...

The Truth #6
11-18-2008, 08:18 PM

what a pathetic group.

First I'd say there's a wide range of opinions here (though sometimes it seems like a diversity of bad opinions), and many who are happy that he's playing well now would also be happy if he was able to be traded.

Not to mention that he's playing out of his mind right now and people are giving him respect for that.

Avitus1
11-18-2008, 11:13 PM
He's been surprising the shit out of me lately.

Obstructed_View
11-18-2008, 11:23 PM
The only real difference is that he's hitting his shots. His defense has rarely been close to as bad as people have made it sound this year. If you consider playing to your talent level, Bonner was the best defender on the team through the first five games.

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-18-2008, 11:31 PM

what a pathetic group.

Well, I don't know who wanted to trade Bonner, but it wasn't me. I've always like him as a player.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK THAT TERRIBLE SKY HOOK VIDEO?? I've been dying to see that again. I laughed my ass off the first time I saw it.

angelbelow
11-19-2008, 12:22 AM

what a pathetic group.

just wondering, do you have proof that this specific fan wanted to ship bonner out?

mystargtr34
11-19-2008, 12:56 AM
So if a player sux and gets called out for it, then he improves - fans all of a sudden arent allowed to change their opinion on him?

:lol if he sux, like he has - ill say hes shit, like i have.

If he plays well, like he has in the last couple game, ill give him props.

If a decision were to be made, id still ship him for anything we can get that might help because hasnt proven he can do it on a regular basis in the 3 years he has been here.

SpurSupremacist
11-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Not to mention that he's playing out of his mind right now and people are giving him respect for that.

Playing out of his mind? Or just getting consistent minutes? .... Finally.

Playing out of his mind would be the 20/20 game he had when Duncan was out last year and he got a start.

SpurSupremacist
11-19-2008, 01:12 AM
So if a player sux and gets called out for it, then he improves - fans all of a sudden arent allowed to change their opinion on him?

If a decision were to be made, id still ship him for anything we can get that might help because hasnt proven he can do it on a regular basis in the 3 years he has been here.

See: Beno Udrih

z0sa
11-19-2008, 02:54 AM

The problem is every one didn't think he could improve. I'm not quoting individual posters, though there are many I could. Instead, it was more of a "general consensus," which included real spurfans I speak with often.

Its funny because you have no grasp on the facts. When he has gotten consistent PT from game to game, he has shown very real ability on both ends of the court, and really isn't ever a weak link in the chain no matter who he's guarding or who's guarding him (not that there's a "Bonner-stopper" being groomed by every team :lol). His rotations havent been very good til recently, I've admitted several times - but how could you expect him to improve with little to no consistent playtime? As I accurately predicted, Pop put some trust in him and he's already shining.

Instead, you act like he simply played bad, which is just incorrect.

milkyway21
11-19-2008, 03:15 AM
the commentators during the game vs LAC talked about a Spur who can shoot 97 3s out of 100 during team practice and has never been beaten yet by his teammates, was it Bonner or somebody else?

Many PackYao
11-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Several threads ago, you guys wanted this guy hanged.Then in that game against the Rockets, he hits some bs shots he wasn't supposed to make.Now you wanna give him more minutes?:lol

duncan228
11-19-2008, 01:28 PM
the commentators during the game vs LAC talked about a Spur who can shoot 97 3s out of 100 during team practice and has never been beaten yet by his teammates, was it Bonner or somebody else?

I think they mentioned Brent Barry in that conversation but I don't remember who did what.

lurker23
11-19-2008, 02:09 PM

I think they mentioned Brent Barry in that conversation but I don't remember who did what.

I can never remember the exact numbers for certain, but in that game that they played last year, Barry won with something like 97 three-pointers made, while Bonner got second place with something like 93. (It could have been 93 and 89, but I do remember for sure that Barry won and Bonner came in second.)

I've always said that Bonner could be a very solid player if given consistent playing time. When it looked like Tolliver would get his minutes the rest of the year, I felt they should trade Bonner rather than let him sit at the end of the bench. Now that he's back in Pop's good graces, I've completely given up trying to figure out what gets you in or out of Pop's doghouse, and have decided to just go with the flow.

SpurSupremacist
11-19-2008, 02:41 PM
I can never remember the exact numbers for certain, but in that game that they played last year, Barry won with something like 97 three-pointers made, while Bonner got second place with something like 93. (It could have been 93 and 89, but I do remember for sure that Barry won and Bonner came in second.)

I've always said that Bonner could be a very solid player if given consistent playing time. When it looked like Tolliver would get his minutes the rest of the year, I felt they should trade Bonner rather than let him sit at the end of the bench. Now that he's back in Pop's good graces, I've completely given up trying to figure out what gets you in or out of Pop's doghouse, and have decided to just go with the flow.

Wrong. Bonner has the record of 97. They said Barry had tried hard to beat it, but could only tally 93 as his personal best during his time with the Spurs.

lurker23
11-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Wrong. Bonner has the record of 97. They said Barry had tried hard to beat it, but could only tally 93 as his personal best during his time with the Spurs.

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=336362,565

Well, this is my source, which I eventually found. Barry 94, Bonner 87 (approx. 3:50 into the video). What's your source?

milkyway21
11-19-2008, 07:58 PM

yeah, they were talking about it when after Bonner made a 3ptr, so I thought it was Bonner they were talking about...

thanks.

peacemaker885
11-20-2008, 03:20 PM
He did 2 last night I think. Both when Tim was doubled then he cut from the weak side i think. One was like a baby hook, the other was more like a push. Both went in. He should do more if these.

Manufan909
11-20-2008, 03:56 PM
One was a nice fake as well, should've been and1.