PDA

View Full Version : Shaq says that Phil engineered the Shaq-Kobe fued.

adidas11
11-18-2008, 12:20 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27778629/

Good old Shaq. Man, do I miss him. :lol

The Franchise
11-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Damn he's stupid.

IronMexican
11-18-2008, 05:00 PM
This is pretty old. I'd take Shaq in the Purple and Gold any day.

duncan228
11-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Lakers coach Jackson responds to O'Neal chatter (http://www.whittierdailynews.com/ci_11010386)
By Elliott Teaford

EL SEGUNDO - Kobe Bryant went the Tiger Woods route Monday afternoon.

"You're not getting anything out of me but plain vanilla," Bryant said after the Lakers practiced at their training facility. "I'm not saying anything. I learned from my man Tiger. My mouth is locked."

Derek Fisher threw back his head and laughed long and hard.

"That's my response," Fisher said.

Phil Jackson was far more expansive. After all, he was the man Shaquille O'Neal blamed for the creative tension that inspired a rather public feud between O'Neal and Bryant when they played with the Lakers earlier this decade.

When someone asked about O'Neal's comments, which pinned the blame for "everything" on Jackson, the Lakers' Hall of Fame coach smiled his wry smile and said, "Even his (notoriously poor) free-throw shooting?"

When the laughter died down, Jackson didn't skip a beat.

"Well, I'm glad we motivated him when he was here and we won three championships," he said of O'Neal, who is now with the Phoenix Suns. "I think that was the best thing we did. We all have good feelings about that time. And, yes, I'm sure there were some plans in motivating Shaq.

"We were having a lot of fun as a team. It was just a laugh and a goof. That part was fun, but 2004 got a little bit tense. That was a tough time."

With O'Neal and Bryant leading them, the Lakers won NBA titles in 2000, '01 and '02. They reached the Finals again in 2004, but lost to the Detroit Pistons. O'Neal then was traded to Miami. He was dealt to Phoenix last season.

During a lengthy interview last week with a reporter from the Sacramento Bee, O'Neal said Jackson orchestrated the tension with Bryant in order to motivate both players. O'Neal said he never had a problem with Bryant.

O'Neal also suggested he would be open to returning to the Lakers when he becomes a free agent in 2010.

"Keeping his options open, huh?" said Jackson, whose current deal with the Lakers ends after the 2009-10 season.

Bryant is signed through the 2010-11 season, but is eligible to opt out of his contract next summer.

The Lakers and Suns play for the first time this season Thursday in Phoenix.

Jackson was concerned O'Neal might be suspended for the game because of a flagrant foul that sent Detroit's Rodney Stuckey crashing to the floor in the Suns' victory Sunday over the Pistons.

"I watched the play last night where he had a flagrant foul and we're waiting to see what happens with that," Jackson said. "Shaq is one of those guys, when he does go there, a lot of times they whistle him for a flagrant foul. But this one looked like it was. The kid (Stuckey) took a hard fall."

Feeling better

Fisher (sore ribs) will play tonight against Chicago as will Vladimir Radmanovic (left thigh contusion) and Sasha Vujacic (sprained right ankle). Fisher and Radmanovic are expected to start and Vujacic will play a reserve role.

Fisher was injured chasing Detroit's Allen Iverson around picks in Friday's game. Radmanovic was hurt when he collided with a teammate in Sunday's practice. Vujacic sprained his ankle Friday.

Obstructed_View
11-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Shaq says something a week before a nationall televised matchup between the Lakers and the Suns? Say it ain't so!

Look up Shaq's quote about the NBA standing for "Nothin' But Actors". He's done this a hundred times before.

Galileo
11-19-2008, 01:22 PM
9/11 was an inside job as well, engineered by the U.S. government.