PDA

View Full Version : Young & Restless In The NBA (With A 'Tip Of The Cap' To Duncan)

duncan228
11-18-2008, 03:35 PM
If Duncan keeps this up people will actually be talking about him this season. :lol

Young & restless in the NBA (http://media.www.carolinianonline.com/media/storage/paper301/news/2008/11/18/Sports/Young.Restless.In.The.Nba-3550110.shtml)
A new generation of young talent is making it's mark on the league
David Shyloski

While the Lakers and The Celtics might be on your short list of teams to watch this season, you might want to jot down some notable performers in the weeks to come. The amount of raw talent usually pans out at this time, with much of the incoming draft class taking a seat on the bench or sent walking in hopes of a salary oversees, as is the case with our very own Kyle Hines.

Yet lurking in the shadows are a slew of players, quietly climbing the rungs toward stardom. For starters, the 23 year old Lebron James is in his sixth season and is already the leagues' leading scorer with 30 points per game and plenty of years left to grab a championship, whether it be with the Cavs or not.

Another young fellow making a name for himself is Portland's Brandon Roy, who is coming into his third season as a team leader and a potential All-Star averaging over 20 points per game and five assists. Roy's ever-increasing ability to manage his teams offense puts him in an elite class of guards in the NBA. Remember, he also shares the spotlight with the still unproven Greg Oden.

Perhaps the most interesting story to surface this week was the breakout performance by Golden State's undrafted rookie Anthony Morrow. Morrow posted 37 points and 10 rebounds in his first NBA start. With international players like Rudy Fernandez joining in the mix and hidden gems like Morrow, each upcoming draft class must be taken with a grain of salt and a dash of hype.

A few college hoop fans might be actively trying to erase the name Derrick Rose from their vocabulary, but after his fourth 20-point game with the Chicago Bulls it's clear Rose isn't going anywhere, at least for now.

And finally, a tip of the cap to Spurs veteran and two-time NBA MVP Tim Duncan, who has managed to stay consistent in the Wake of two debilitating injuries in Ginobli and Tony Parker. As some of you may know, Parker, who came off a career high 55 point game was injured in the first quarter of his following game. The fate of the Spurs rest heavily on the shoulders of Tim Duncan as his team waits for the return of their All-Star point guard.

Tully365
11-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Duncan, of course, is the man, but the performances from Anthony Morrow and Will Solomon this week were very cool to watch.

honestfool84
11-18-2008, 06:17 PM
in the Wake of two debilitating injuries in Ginobli and Tony Parker. As some of you may ...

i wonder if Wake was capitalized because of Wake Forest?

duncan228
11-18-2008, 06:24 PM
i wonder if Wake was capitalized because of Wake Forest?

I assumed so.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I saw that capital W but going through all the trouble of google image searching for one of those "I see what you did there" pics just seemed like so much trouble.