PDA

View Full Version : Just a Guess: McDyess will come to SA

tmtcsc
11-18-2008, 11:40 PM
I read that his decision comes down to 3 Teams: Cleveland, Detroit and
San Antonio.

Although Cleveland can pay him the most money, I think he will choose the San Antonio Spurs. Pop is probably trying to court him now. McDyess comes across as another Fin type. He's a character guy that cares more about winning than more $$ at this point in his career.

1. A significant amount of playing time and an important role on this team.
2. A chance to play with Duncan
3. Great food
4. Warm weather

I think he chooses San Antonio. Just a feeling.

tp2021
11-18-2008, 11:42 PM
The less we talk about it, the better.
That way, if he comes, we will be surprised and excited.
And when he doesn't, it won't hurt us as much.

Admiral
11-18-2008, 11:49 PM
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, McDyess was a huge Spurs fan before he entered the league. David Robinson was his hero and role model. It only makes sense that he would like to play for the Spurs. Don't be surprised if it happens.

timaios
11-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Just a Guess: no.

tmtcsc
11-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Doesn't he have a home in Houston too ?

Gino2882
11-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Just a Guess: We could use him badly.

peskypesky
11-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Just a guess: If we land McDyess, we land another O'Brien trophy.

tmtcsc
11-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Just a guess: This thread is going to start a wave of "Just a Guess" replies.

tp2021
11-18-2008, 11:58 PM

NO.

DPG21920
11-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Just a guess: If we land McDyess, we land another O'Brien trophy.

That is hardly the case. Would he help? Yes. But there are still so many good teams and McDyess would only be another piece.

tp2021
11-19-2008, 12:05 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/11/18/mcdyess/index.html

McDyess' eyeing Cavs or Pistons

Is Antonio McDyess necessarily returning to the Detroit Pistons? His agent says it isn't a sure thing.

"There are three other situations we're discussing right now and sifting through,'' says Andy Miller. "All are teams that have significant midlevel space, either partial or in total for him.''

League sources believe the three bidders to be Cleveland, San Antonio and Boston. The team offering the most money to McDyess is the Cavaliers, according to one league source. They could offer McDyess multiple years starting at more than $5 million this season.

The Cavaliers can make the case that landing McDyess would elevate their second unit while wounding their chief divisional rival, the Pistons. That relative improvement, in combination with the need to build a championship contender before LeBron James becomes a free agent in 2010, has driven up McDyess' value in Cleveland. (It doesn't hurt either that the Cavaliers owners have Michigan ties and no doubt would enjoy luring an asset away from the Pistons.)

These contenders are taking a run at McDyess because he sacrificed close to $9 million in his buyout with the Nuggets, after they acquired him in the Nov. 3 trade that also sent Chauncey Billups and Cheikh Samb to Denver for Allen Iverson.

No NBA player has ever left so much money on the table in a contract buyout. The question is whether McDyess is looking to recoup that loss immediately.

Is McDyess better served by signing an extended contract now? "Or is the transition going into [free agency] in '09 going to be smoother and better for him in Detroit?'' asks Miller. "If we're going to bypass [free agency in] '09, then we're considering these other options.

"If we were to take a minimum offer, it would be with Detroit. There is no other offer for the minimum that we would consider. His comfort level, his familiarity -- there are many factors that would make him want to go back to Detroit.''

McDyess must wait 30 days after the trade became official to re-sign with the Pistons, but that restriction exists with no other team. If he was going to commit to Cleveland or another contender, wouldn't he have done so already? Rivals view his patience as another indicator that McDyess is waiting until he can re-sign with the Pistons.

angelbelow
11-19-2008, 12:07 AM
just a guess, i dont think our team needs him :rolleyes

tp2021
11-19-2008, 12:08 AM
My sources tell me he is coming here. His name is Antonio, and so is the city's. It's a match made in heaven.

And don't tell me that logic doesn't make sense. It got us Tony (Anthony) Parker. Antonio is spanish for Anthony.

xtremesteven33
11-19-2008, 12:16 AM
San Antonio makes the most sense if you want to win (If it comes to these 3)
It also makes the most sense if you want to play.

In Cleveland, they already have Ben and Z in the starting lineup.
In Detroit, sure they could put him in but they have young bigs that they are already grooming to fill that role.
In San Antonio, you get to play next to a first ballot Hall of Famer who is still in his prime while playing with the best coach in the game and with a championship proven team who needs a big man who can defend and get rebounds.

San Antonio makes the most sense if you want to play more minutes and win a championship.

tmtcsc
11-19-2008, 12:17 AM
My sources tell me he is coming here. His name is Antonio, and so is the city's. It's a match made in heaven.

And don't tell me that logic doesn't make sense. It got us Tony (Anthony) Parker. Antonio is spanish for Anthony.

Why did we trade Antonio Daniels ?

tp2021
11-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Why did we trade Antonio Daniels ?

Take that up with the FO.

angelbelow
11-19-2008, 12:20 AM
they already benched his ass in detriot, so hopefully he considers coming here.

T Park
11-19-2008, 12:25 AM
I thought Cleveland spent their MLE.

Guess not.

If he wants a REAL shot at a title, he will sign with SA.

But 99.99999% chance, he just ups and resigns with Detroit.

Russ
11-19-2008, 12:32 AM
I read that his decision comes down to 3 Teams: Cleveland, Detroit and
San Antonio.

The two not named Detroit are included to deflect collusion claims after the inevitable happens. (Just like with the Barry charade.)
:toast

tmtcsc
11-19-2008, 12:43 AM
The two not named Detroit are included to deflect collusion claims after the inevitable happens. (Just like with the Barry charade.)

Maybe Brent wasn't a lock to come back to San Antonio after all. He sure has hell bolted after the playoffs. You're probably right but I still think we have a shot. A few phone calls from Finley and Duncan and Ginobili and maybe even Drobinson and McDyess could be persuaded.

G-Nob
11-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Dyss is goin back to detroit.

-Joe Dumars

SequSpur
11-19-2008, 12:51 AM
why is this topic different than the other mcdice topic? he ain't comin here.

SequSpur

what are your sources?

DPG21920
I just do not think there is a good reason for him to come here. I just think it is a nice thought, but not realistic. Especially knowing where his heart is. He does not seem like the kind of guy to bounce around, even if traded.

DPG21920
11-19-2008, 12:53 AM
what are your sources?

http://www.retro.com/employees/lee/Ani/SarcasmMeter2.gif

timtonymanu
11-19-2008, 12:57 AM
i love to have McDyess, but it wont happen. It'll just be another Corey Maggette situation.

baseline bum
11-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Dice has made it pretty clear in the past he's not going to chase rings, so I'd be shocked if he isn't a Piston in a month. I'd love to have him in SA though. He's always been one of my favorites since entering the league.

DPG21920
11-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Dice has made it pretty clear in the past he's not going to chase rings, so I'd be shocked if he isn't a Piston in a month. I'd love to have him in SA though.

This sums up the reality of the situation.

TJastal
11-19-2008, 01:08 AM
I just do not think there is a good reason for him to come here. I just think it is a nice thought, but not realistic. especially knowing where his heart is. He does not seem like the kind of guy to bounce around, even if traded.

I think if his heart was in Detroit, he wouldn't be considering 3 other teams. =)

That said, I think there is a chance he could make a return to the west, to SA. I say, saddle up, partner. :king

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
11-19-2008, 01:12 AM
I Guess We'll Jus Gotta Wait N See Whut Happins!

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 01:17 AM
If McDyess signs with the Spurs, I'll shave my head.

baseline bum
11-19-2008, 01:18 AM
I think if his heart was in Detroit, he wouldn't be considering 3 other teams. =)

xellos88330
11-19-2008, 01:20 AM
we just have to wait and see

SpurSupremacist
11-19-2008, 01:23 AM
i love to have McDyess, but it wont happen. It'll just be another Corey Maggette situation.

Right, except Maggette can still play basketball.

FromWayDowntown
11-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Q: What are the odds of McDyess coming to San Antonio?

A: About 1,000,000 to 1.

Q: So you're saying there's a chance?

Kona
11-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Anyone think that there was some thread our there last year for another team that said basically the same thing: If Barry wants to win a championship, then he will sign with...

Allanon
11-19-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Pistons or Cavs.

San Antonio is in the tougher Western Conference and Spurs are looking at a 6-8 seed right now. If he goes to the Pistons, Celtics or Cavs, he's guaranteed to be on a top3 seeded team with a high probability of going to the Finals.

And playing in the West, he'd have to go up against the much bigger Centers and Power Forwards in the West.

I don't care where he goes as long as it's not the Celtics.

Man In Black
11-19-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Pistons or Cavs.

San Antonio is in the tougher Western Conference and Spurs are looking at a 6-8 seed right now. If he goes to the Pistons, Celtics or Cavs, he's guaranteed to be on a top3 seeded team with a high probability of going to the Finals.

And playing in the West, he'd have to go up against the much bigger Centers and Power Forwards in the West.

I don't care where he goes as long as it's not the Celtics.

You say that but neither one of those aforementioned East Teams can offer a 2 time MVP who just happens to be a fixture on ALL-NBA and ALL-NBA D teams for his entire career. Couple that with the imminent return of Parker and Ginobili and what Dice has here is a team in where his efforts can be maximized. Detroit just lost their PG, ask Rip about his FG% and scoring average since AI came to town. Cleveland aka San Antonio North, presents an interesting choice. They have a big 2. LBJ and Z but outside of that, would McDyess put himself up to the challenge of having to help carry on both sides of the ball?
See, that to me, makes the Spurs an interesting choice. Besides, most every Spurs fan knows that as long as the team is completely healthy...they can kick ass from any seed. They know the value of winning games on the road.

It ain't a lock that he's coming to SA, but if he did, the reasons I laid out above could be some of the conributing factors.
:lobt2:

crc21209
11-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Man please let this happen, it is EXACTLY what we need, a tough inside defender who can rebound and even hit the mid range jump shot too.

Manufan909
11-19-2008, 02:40 AM

Considering your recent luck, I'm just gonna assume you're balding, and playing it safe.

crc21209
11-19-2008, 02:41 AM
Hey guys just found this on RealGm:

The Celtics made a pitch to free agent forward Antonio McDyess recently, but the former Piston wasn't interested.

Rumors after Antonio's trade from Detroit to Denver were that McDyess would take a buyout and return to the Pistons, and that is looking even more likely now.

Ainge spoke to Andy Miller, the agent for McDyess.

"We spoke," Ainge said, "but I didn't get any sense that we should be optimistic about it."

Via Boston Herald

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55529/20081118/celtics_pull_out_of_race_for_mcdyess/

timvp
11-19-2008, 02:49 AM
Each hour that passes, the higher the chances are the he signs with the Pistons. I'd no doubt take him on the Spurs but I'm resigned to the fact that the Pistons are going to get him.

Allanon
11-19-2008, 03:04 AM
You say that but neither one of those aforementioned East Teams can offer a 2 time MVP who just happens to be a fixture on ALL-NBA and ALL-NBA D teams for his entire career. Couple that with the imminent return of Parker and Ginobili and what Dice has here is a team in where his efforts can be maximized. Detroit just lost their PG, ask Rip about his FG% and scoring average since AI came to town. Cleveland aka San Antonio North, presents an interesting choice. They have a big 2. LBJ and Z but outside of that, would McDyess put himself up to the challenge of having to help carry on both sides of the ball?
See, that to me, makes the Spurs an interesting choice. Besides, most every Spurs fan knows that as long as the team is completely healthy...they can kick ass from any seed. They know the value of winning games on the road.

It ain't a lock that he's coming to SA, but if he did, the reasons I laid out above could be some of the conributing factors.
:lobt2:

That's true about the return of Manu and Parker and of course having Tim always helps. But the problem is all the lost time and a pretty deep hole.

RIght now, the Spurs are a 500 team. But with some tough games ahead, I wouldn't be surprised if they go 1-5 to close out this month.

It would be so much easier to just join a top 3 team instead of having to fight back on an injured team.

Man In Black
11-19-2008, 03:30 AM
You should know from past experience that a solid team can be feared as a lower seed.
When Shaq was recovering and the Lakers were the 5th seed, do you think the T-Wolves felt better as the #4 seed?

Besides, it's the playoffs. Pop and the experienced veterans know that even as a higher seed, you still need to be able to win on the road.

Streakyshooter08
11-19-2008, 03:59 AM
As most posters have pointed out I think the chances of getting him are very slim. I would also love to have him here. A "second unit" of Hill, Manu (assuming Mason will continue to start once Gino is back), Finley and McDyess would be great.

rayray2k8
11-19-2008, 04:01 AM
He's going back to Detriot.. Stop wasting your breath on this guy...

traitoravery
11-19-2008, 04:28 AM
How much money can we offer him?

KidCongo
11-19-2008, 05:23 AM
Just don't end up in Boston.

JPB
11-19-2008, 05:55 AM
He's pulling a Barry.

benefactor
11-19-2008, 06:43 AM
I agree with the others that say there is nothing to see here. I'm sure the conversation went something like this:

Dumars: "Hey Dice, we are trading you."

McDyess: "WTF?"

Dumars: "Ha...gotcha."

McDyess: *chuckling*

Dumars: "Seriously though, we are trading Chauncey for AI and we need your contract in the deal to make it all work. How's a month off sound?"

McDyess: "Works for me."

Dumars: "Just be sure you entertain a few offers from other teams. You might even fly on down to San Antonio and enjoy some good mexican food and chit chat with Pop and R.C."

McDyess: "I might do that."

Dumars: "Well, gotta go. Gotta let the press know what is going down. See ya in 30."

McDyess: "Peace."

remingtonbo2001
11-19-2008, 08:49 AM
I think there should be a 5% fee anytime a player name drops the Spurs and ends up signing a contract with another team.

JamStone
11-19-2008, 09:13 AM
I think Andy Miller, his agent, is considering other teams, not necessarily McDyess. But, I'm sure it's not a 100% slam dunk he returns to Detroit even though it seems likely. If he doesn't return to Detroit, I'd be happy to see him go to the Spurs and their organization. Although, if winning it all is still one of the factors he's looking at, I think his chances fare better if he stays in the Eastern Conference with Detroit, Cleveland, or Boston this season.

It's wishful thinking he goes somewhere else other than returning to the Pistons. But, shit, you just never know until it happens.

jbspurs
11-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Considering your recent luck, I'm just gonna assume you're balding, and playing it safe.

lol:lol

Allanon
11-19-2008, 10:51 AM

Dumars: "Seriously though, we are trading Chauncey for AI and we need your contract in the deal to make it all work. How's a month off sound?"

Dumars: "Just be sure you entertain a few offers from other teams. You might even fly on down to San Antonio and enjoy some good mexican food and chit chat with Pop and R.C."

Dumars: "Well, gotta go. Gotta let the press know what is going down. See ya in 30."

Sounds pretty accurate to me.

WildcardManu
11-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Jinx thread

lebomb
11-19-2008, 11:31 AM
I agree with the others that say there is nothing to see here. I'm sure the conversation went something like this:

I agree 300%

galvatron3000
11-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm from Alabama and just based on people's mentality around here that have gone pro not don't be surprised to see him return to Detroit. He is comfortable there and has freindships there. If he's signing with someone else he probably won't wait the full 30 days as he has to to resign with the Pistons. Look for him to go back to Motown.

I. Hustle
11-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Just a guess: We'll have about 5 more of these threads before he goes back to Detroit

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-19-2008, 11:50 AM
I think it's a near certainty that he'll return to Detroit. I don't think he'd of left so much money on the table in Denver without a plan already in place.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Back in the day CIA Pop would invite him down here and then reprogram him using sensory deprivation and indoctrination techniques until he came around to the silver and black way of thinking. I don't think Bizarro Pop has the stomach for doing it though. He's going to Detroit.

SenorSpur
11-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Here's why McDyess isn't coming to SA.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55537/20081119/mcdyess_focus_on_cavs_or_pistons/

After losing close to $9 million in the buyout with the Denver Nuggets, forward Antonio McDyess is believed to be looking at Cleveland, San Antonio, and Boston in addition to his former team the Pistons, Ian Thomsen from Sports Illustrated is reporting.

"There are three other situations we're discussing right now and sifting through," says Andy Miller, McDyess' agent. "All are teams that have significant midlevel space, either partial or in total for him.

"If we were to take a minimum offer, it would be with Detroit. There is no other offer for the minimum that we would consider. His comfort level, his familiarity -- there are many factors that would make him want to go back to Detroit."

tp2021
11-19-2008, 01:07 PM
^ The Spurs, if they really want him, will offer more than the minimum, no?

1Parker1
11-19-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't think he'd of left so much money on the table in Denver without a plan already in place.

I don't know about that...I thought I read somewhere that he was surprised and hurt by the trade.

SenorSpur
11-19-2008, 01:14 PM
^ The Spurs, if they really want him, will offer more than the minimum, no?

I don't know the Spurs specific cap situation, but I'm not sure they have more than the minimum to offer.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-19-2008, 01:16 PM
I don't know about that...I thought I read somewhere that he was surprised and hurt by the trade.

It's all part of Dumars/McDyess's plan :stirpot:

benefactor
11-19-2008, 01:19 PM
It's all part of Dumars/McDyess's plan :stirpot:
Crap...I knew there was something I left out of my Dumars/McDyess dialogue.

benefactor
11-19-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't know the Spurs specific cap situation, but I'm not sure they have more than the minimum to offer.
I am not sure the exact numbers, but we do have a couple million left of our MLE and we are a couple of million under the cap...not that it matters anyway.

SenorSpur
11-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Maybe Pop is waiting to get Stackhouse.

You know how much he loves end-of-the-line veterans. :lol

DPG21920
11-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Maybe Pop is waiting to get Stackhouse.

You know how much he loves end-of-the-line veterans. :lol

Do not even joke about that. I would rather have Pop go to a prison and take the worst, most offensive offender in the joint and add him to the team before Stack.

DROB4EVER
11-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Back 2 Det!

DPG21920
11-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I think the Spurs have 1.9 million or so left from the exceptions

tp2021
11-19-2008, 02:14 PM
I think the Spurs have 1.9 million or so left from the exceptions

Taken from: Jeff McDonald: Courting the Dice Man
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/11/jeff_mcdonald_c_5.html

Technically, the Spurs could outbid the Pistons for McDyess' services, if this becomes about money (the Spurs have about $2.1 million left of their mid-level exception; the Pistons have only their $1.9 million bi-annual).

Of course, in that case, other teams known to have interest in the veteran forward could outbid the Spurs -- among them, Cleveland (which has $5.1 million to spend) and Boston (which has $2.4 million).

Boston is not going after him any more, reportedly.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...e_for_mcdyess/

Celtics Pull Out Of Race For McDyess
Nov 18, 2008 3:50 PM EST
The Celtics made a pitch to free agent forward Antonio McDyess recently, but the former Piston wasn't interested.

Rumors after Antonio's trade from Detroit to Denver were that McDyess would take a buyout and return to the Pistons, and that is looking even more likely now.

Ainge spoke to Andy Miller, the agent for McDyess.

"We spoke," Ainge said, "but I didn't get any sense that we should be optimistic about it."

Mr. Body
11-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Cleveland is my pick, if I were him. There are good things happening there. And LeBron is awesome.

The Truth #6
11-19-2008, 02:20 PM
He has an easier path to the Finals by staying in Detroit. Besides, the whole situation is a charade. Don't hold any hope for this.

galvatron3000
11-19-2008, 02:29 PM
He has an easier path to the Finals by staying in Detroit. Besides, the whole situation is a charade. Don't hold any hope for this.

I would argue it's Boston.

DPG21920
11-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Or Cleveland

Saban Rules
11-19-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm from Alabama and just based on people's mentality around here that have gone pro not don't be surprised to see him return to Detroit. He is comfortable there and has freindships there. If he's signing with someone else he probably won't wait the full 30 days as he has to to resign with the Pistons. Look for him to go back to Motown.
i am from Alabama too and had to sign up on this forum just to reply to this. i read this forum but have never signed up (signed up in spursreport though). not sure why i havent signed up here but i am lazy i guess. i do think this site offers more thought out conversations and the posters here know what there talking about a little more than in that forum. that being said, i beg to differ that you can predict what mcdyess is going to do based on your opinion of the mentality of alabama athletes who have gone pro. you related to Miss Cleo or something? Or could you be Evan Almighty? to each his own and everyone is different, so dont assume he is like everyone else and you can predict his mentality.

Allanon
11-19-2008, 06:59 PM
I'd go as far as to say Dice would pretty much guarantee his Eastern team a trip to the Finals.

In the case of the Cavs or the Celtics, he could very well be the missing piece to give them a Ring.

For the Pistons he'd take them out of 2nd round Playoff fodder status.

For the Spurs, he'd guarantee them a Playoff seed and possibly another look at the WCF.

angelbelow
11-19-2008, 07:07 PM
cavs wouldnt be a bad fit for him, he'd start over ben wallace forsure or come off the bench and triple benwallaces playing time. if they offer him the MLE that wouldnt be a bad place to play.

tp2021
11-19-2008, 07:07 PM
i am from Alabama too and had to sign up on this forum just to reply to this. i read this forum but have never signed up (signed up in spursreport though). not sure why i havent signed up here but i am lazy i guess. i do think this site offers more thought out conversations and the posters here know what there talking about a little more than in that forum. that being said, i beg to differ that you can predict what mcdyess is going to do based on your opinion of the mentality of alabama athletes who have gone pro. you related to Miss Cleo or something? Or could you be Evan Almighty? to each his own and everyone is different, so dont assume he is like everyone else and you can predict his mentality.

You joined for that?

Welcome anyway.

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 08:09 PM

Unlucky at gambling, but I won that one, genetically speaking. The secret is that I don't mind shaving my head, but I'm hoping fate doesn't know that.

T Park
11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
ESPN is reporting Charlotte is making a hard run at him.

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 08:31 PM

:lmao That's good.

Wait, really?

Wow, I just looked it up. I thought you were joking. I'm sure he's going to turn down the Cavs and a shot at a title to play with the worst team in the east.

Russ
11-19-2008, 09:25 PM

Typical Larry Brown player -- saavy vet, borderline washed up.

T Park
11-19-2008, 09:46 PM
:lmao That's good.

Wait, really?

Wow, I just looked it up. I thought you were joking. I'm sure he's going to turn down the Cavs and a shot at a title to play with the worst team in the east.

I thought I had had too many starbucks soothers when I saw that but alas it is true....

ducks
11-19-2008, 10:11 PM
how much can bobcats give him

JamStone
11-19-2008, 10:40 PM
I think the Bobcats still have the full MLE to offer.

That would be an interesting move if Dice chose Charlotte. He'd get a bunch of PT with a coach that got him to his only NBA Finals and would recoup the most money. But, that's just not a wise choice everything considered. Should have just stayed in Denver if you choose Charlotte.

galvatron3000
11-19-2008, 11:05 PM

No, I'm just giving my opinion and I based it on what I said. Just like with anything you base it on certain facts or traits. It's not etched in stone but from what I heard from McDyess in the past and knowing where he is from and the mentality of lots of people (not just atheletes) from the area I made an assumption. I don't know Dyess so anything I say is just speculation. I am just making a prediction. I don't care where he's from I don't think he is leaving Detroit anyway. I think he'll re-sign with them based on MY BELIEF.

let's not take it too far, this is conversation and we all base our opinions on something I just had the gall to express a reason, 1 of many I might add.

Spur-Addict
11-19-2008, 11:11 PM
The less we talk about it, the better.
That way, if he comes, we will be surprised and excited.
And when he doesn't, it won't hurt us as much.

:lol

I'm gonna shave mine on Friday to get the ball rolling. Yeah, I have alot of hair right now. :lol

Just don't end up in Boston.

In the grand scheme of things, that is bad. But if we don't get to the chip, it's a good thing. FUCK THE LAKERS. :toast

DROB4EVER
11-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I would be shocked if he signed with the Cats for any amount. He is 33 or so and looking for a ring. Only 4 teams or so that can give him that chance....Clev not likely to win it all but they got a shot and can pay him MLE. Boston, who I dont think he would fit as well and they arent gonna win it again. LA....I dont think he would get much time of the bench but would give him a good shot at winning a ring.

And good old SA where he would actually play and give us a good shot at another ring.

I still think he goes to Det,

ducks
11-19-2008, 11:18 PM
I think the Bobcats still have the full MLE to offer.

That would be an interesting move if Dice chose Charlotte. He'd get a bunch of PT with a coach that got him to his only NBA Finals and would recoup the most money. But, that's just not a wise choice everything considered. Should have just stayed in Denver if you choose Charlotte.

especially the way denver is playing right now