Rookie of the year no doubt.

All-Star next season.

Killakobe81
11-19-2008, 12:55 AM
HE is NICE!!!!!!!
Thought he was real deal in college he will push Paul and Williams as best PG's

TheMadHatter
11-19-2008, 12:56 AM
He's no Chris Paul.....let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He's more of a scoring PG like Parker.

turiaf for president
11-19-2008, 12:58 AM
i think he can be better. hes stronger and just as quick if not quicker. if he keeps up his stats his rookie year on par with chris paul's

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 12:59 AM

Yeah, and Parker sucks. :lol

Killakobe81
11-19-2008, 01:07 AM
He is fast as Paul strong as Williams only knock is consistent 3 pt range ... he was a better HS player than both only got 1 year in college 3 years from now if healthy i say he is on same level as those guys ...

IronMexican
11-19-2008, 01:08 AM
He can be a better version of Williams. He can't be compared to Paul since they are 2 different styles of PG. UNBEAVABLE! None the less.

IronMexican
11-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Yeah, and Parker sucks. :lol

No knock on Parker, but he isn't as good as cp3. Usually, passing PG's are better than scoring PG's.

mystargtr34
11-19-2008, 01:14 AM
I think Parker is right there with CP3 and Deron. Different styles of course, but playing with a dominantt post guy like Duncan will hit your stats a bit.

CP3 handles the ball every possesion 99% of the time. Parker has other options who can create.

As for Derek Rose, i think hes a cross between Parker and Deron. CP3 is more in the Nash mold.

baseline bum
11-19-2008, 01:17 AM
CP3 reminds me of Isiah. Rose seems more like Wade. All four of them will be in the Hall of Fame.

Obstructed_View
11-19-2008, 01:18 AM
No knock on Parker, but he isn't as good as cp3. Usually, passing PG's are better than scoring PG's.

Rose is a rookie. I fail to see how a comparison to Parker is an insult.

Allanon
11-19-2008, 02:44 AM
Rose has to prove he can lead a team.

I think this is his biggest problem and defense. He's not a good defensive player; the guy he is guarding will consistently score on him.

But the bigger problem is his leadership. It was evident in the NCAA championship game (Memphis vs Kansas). He doesn't have that leadership ability to strike a comeback victory.

He plays the same whether he's 10 points down or 20 points up...that's good for a point guard but bad if you're supposed to be The Man. He's very skilled but I don't think he'll ever be a "winner" if he's the #1 guy.

nil.ball
11-19-2008, 02:53 AM

I don't what have you been watching or smoking.
Derick Rose is the real deal. He is obviously in the ranks of Deron Williams and Chris Paul.

TheMadHatter
11-19-2008, 03:09 AM
I'm sorry but 10 fucking NBA games does not make you Chris Paul.

Chris Paul has more than proven himself to be the best PG in the NBA right now.

And I agree Rose's defense seemed mediocre at best. Farmar was scoring on him at will.

nil.ball
11-19-2008, 03:24 AM

And I agree Rose's defense seemed mediocre at best. Farmar was scoring on him at will.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AuGyd9MAXiTM7I8FhQ9YW9EbPaB4?gid=200 6041913

Smush Parker was scoring on Chris Paul at will. So are you saying Derick Rose is better than Chris Paul? Lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

But judging apples by apples, the first ten games of their respective career has showed that Derrick Rose is indeed in the rank of (if not better than) Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2008, 04:12 AM
his team has so much talent, yet they cant win games... = jackshit

JamStone
11-19-2008, 08:32 AM
I think Parker is right there with CP3 and Deron. Different styles of course, but playing with a dominantt post guy like Duncan will hit your stats a bit.

Playing with a dominant post guy should help your stats, even if you're a scoring point guard. You face fewer double and triple teams, defenses collapse the paint less frequently in fear of leaving Duncan wide open, and you should get more assists. Sorry, but I don't buy that argument even a little bit. Perhaps you up your scoring a little bit without a dominant post guy, but your shooting percentage and assists would take a hit.

Derrick Rose has been extremely impressive so far. He's been better than I thought he'd be, and the injuries to Hughes and Hinrich have ensured big minutes for Rose, although with the way he's been playing, looks like he would have gotten those minutes anyway. I thought he was going to be eased in a little more. Guess he doesn't need it. I see a lot of Baron Davis in Derrick Rose with the combination of size, strength, and skill. But, Derek Rose appears to be even more of a winner and doesn't quite have the range on his jumper. I also see the comparison with a young Jason Kidd, however, Rose does have more freakish athleticism and does look to score when he has openings whereas Kidd was 98% of the time looking to set up his teammates.

Armando
11-19-2008, 09:12 AM
If only Chicago had not blown it and drafted Aldridge instead of Thomas. Rose and Aldridge would have been a great combo.

Red Hawk #21
11-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Funny how people slept on this kid even though he was the #1 pick, barring any injuries Rose will be ROY

Armando
11-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Funny how people slept on this kid even though he was the #1 pick, barring any injuries Rose will be ROY

I think Beasly and Mayo might have something to say about that. Lets not get carry away so fast.

Spur-Addict
11-19-2008, 02:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AuGyd9MAXiTM7I8FhQ9YW9EbPaB4?gid=200 6041913

Smush Parker was scoring on Chris Paul at will. So are you saying Derick Rose is better than Chris Paul? Lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

But judging apples by apples, the first ten games of their respective career has showed that Derrick Rose is indeed in the rank of (if not better than) Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

I was hoping someone else would speak up on the bullshit being said in here. He can't lead? Can't play D? Ok.

:wakeup

stretch
11-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Rookie of the year no doubt.

All-Star next season.

Rose > Kobe

SpursDynasty
11-19-2008, 03:39 PM

If Jordan Farmar scores on you, then your defense must really suck.

mystargtr34
11-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Playing with a dominant post guy should help your stats, even if you're a scoring point guard. You face fewer double and triple teams, defenses collapse the paint less frequently in fear of leaving Duncan wide open, and you should get more assists. Sorry, but I don't buy that argument even a little bit. Perhaps you up your scoring a little bit without a dominant post guy, but your shooting percentage and assists would take a hit.

Derrick Rose has been extremely impressive so far. He's been better than I thought he'd be, and the injuries to Hughes and Hinrich have ensured big minutes for Rose, although with the way he's been playing, looks like he would have gotten those minutes anyway. I thought he was going to be eased in a little more. Guess he doesn't need it. I see a lot of Baron Davis in Derrick Rose with the combination of size, strength, and skill. But, Derek Rose appears to be even more of a winner and doesn't quite have the range on his jumper. I also see the comparison with a young Jason Kidd, however, Rose does have more freakish athleticism and does look to score when he has openings whereas Kidd was 98% of the time looking to set up his teammates.

As opposed to having shooters around you and athletes like Paul does? Alot of the Spurs play still runs through Duncan, meaning the ball is out of Parkers hands alot more than it is Pauls. Paul pretty much handles the ball 98% of the time, everything they do offensively comes from him. He either assists or shoots on nearly every single possession. In fact Tyson Chandler is probly just as a big a threat around the paint on a pick and roll as Duncan because he is so damn long and athletic. Parker on the other hand, has Oberto's man coming onto him everytime he drives.

Dont forget Parker averaged 20+ PPG on 55% shooting. No doubt Duncan makes him better, and like wise. And i agree with your point that hes FG% would take a dip without Duncan, but he could average 23-25 PPG on close to 50% shooting - not many guards can do that - if any.

timvp
11-19-2008, 07:14 PM
The funny aspect about Rose was most scouts thought he was going to have difficulty to score on the NBA level. Think again.

It looks like he'll ascend to being one of the top point guards in the league pretty quickly.

mystargtr34
11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Its pretty amazing, he looks like he could put together one of those 20-5-5 rookie seasons that only Oscar and LeBron have ever done before - plus hes only 20.

manufor3
11-19-2008, 07:40 PM

Allanon
11-19-2008, 07:44 PM
I think people have forgotten how sorry ass the Hornets and Jazz were prior to DWill and CP3.

DWill and CP3 both turned their teams around in the first year.

Rose's Bulls are still a sub .500 Eastern team even though they are loaded with talent.

Hell I'd even say the Bulls are losing tonight to a mediocre Blazers team.

mystargtr34
11-19-2008, 08:05 PM
I think people have forgotten how sorry ass the Hornets and Jazz were prior to DWill and CP3.

DWill and CP3 both turned their teams around in the first year.

Rose's Bulls are still a sub .500 Eastern team even though they are loaded with talent.

Hell I'd even say the Bulls are losing tonight to a mediocre Blazers team.

Bulls loaded with talent?

If you call MR 29% Tyrus Thomas talent.

They have the worst collection of bigs in the league, and the rest of their team is jump shooters. Luol Deng isnt even getting any plays run for him and hes a guy who averaged 20 PPG just a couple of seasons ago. Theyre better than they were last year, and that is without Kirk Hinrich.

And the Jazz were awful the year before they got D-Will because they were decimated with injuries. They had a healthy Boozer come back along with Okur during Deron's first season - which was more of a factor than Williams himself.

Allanon
11-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Bulls loaded with talent?

If you call MR 29% Tyrus Thomas talent.

They have the worst collection of bigs in the league, and the rest of their team is jump shooters. Luol Deng isnt even getting any plays run for him and hes a guy who averaged 20 PPG just a couple of seasons ago. Theyre better than they were last year, and that is without Kirk Hinrich.

And the Jazz were awful the year before they got D-Will because they were decimated with injuries. They had a healthy Boozer come back along with Okur during Deron's first season - which was more of a factor than Williams himself.

They don't have to be the Celtics or Cavs but at least look like a respectable team.

Rose, Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Nocioni, Gooden, Tyrus Thomas, Larry Hughes, Joakim Noah, Aaron Gray, Kirk Hinrich.

There's no way these guys are a sub .500 team in the East. Kobe & LeBron could take that team to a Top4 seed. CP3 and DWill would take them to the Playoffs.

And with Blazers, Warriors, Nuggets, Jazz coming up, things are going to look alot worse.

mystargtr34
11-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Noah and Gray havent proven they can do anything yet except foul.

Hinrich was over rated to begin with but hes injured now.

Tyrus Thomas might be the worst offensive player in the NBA.

Larry Hughes is done.

Drew Gooden is servicable, but you will struggle to make the playoffs if that is your go to big man.

Nocioni is not the Nocioni of old.

Luol Deng isnt nearly as effective in that offense they are running, he has no plays run for him pretty much.

Allanon
11-20-2008, 12:20 AM
I think you're selling the Bulls short. That would be an Eastern playoff team with CP3 or DWill.

And tonight Rose is getting his azz handed to him (6pts, 1 assist, 3 TO) by the young Blazers. And I'd bet that Rose won't be mounting a comeback of any kind.

mystargtr34
11-20-2008, 01:01 AM
They just dont do anything for me, still just a jump shooting team.

Hes a rookie, you dont think hes allowed to have one bad game every now and then?

Consider this.

Rose is 20

19.5 PPG
4.8 RPG
5.9 APG

Deron was 21 his rookie year

10.8 PPG
4.5 APG

So far his way ahead of where D-Will was.

Allanon
11-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Rose is very skilled, quick and has great size, I don't deny that. I'm sure he'll have very good numbers. I just don't think those numbers will translate into wins.

I question 3 things:
1) Does he have the fire to be a leader and a winner?
2) Is he a Batman or Robin? His stats look like Batman but his demeanor seems better suited as Robin.
3) People putting him in the same conversation as DWill & Cp3, right now.

kcplayboi_26
11-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Rose is very skilled, quick and has great size, I don't deny that. I'm sure he'll have very good numbers. I just don't think those numbers will translate into wins.

I question 3 things:
1) Does he have the fire to be a leader and a winner?
2) Is he a Batman or Robin? His stats look like Batman but his demeanor seems better suited as Robin.
3) People putting him in the same conversation as DWill & Cp3, right now.

3. hes legit but way too early for those comparisons

nickdakoolkat
11-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Rose is good but Anthony Morrow is gonna win the ROY first 2 starts 37 pts and 25 pts respectfully...

peskypesky
11-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Rose is pretty amazing, I must say. Color me impressed.

sexinthatsx
11-21-2008, 02:26 AM
The reason Rose is getting so many boards as a PG is because the bulls have a piss poor rebounder in Joakim Noah, Tyrus Thomas, Drew Gooden, and Aaron Gray. This kid is all hype and he has yet to prove himself going up against a team like the celtics, the pistons, spurs or any bona-fide defensive team for that matter

peskypesky
11-21-2008, 02:34 AM
The reason Rose is getting so many boards as a PG is because the bulls have a piss poor rebounder in Joakim Noah, Tyrus Thomas, Drew Gooden, and Aaron Gray. This kid is all hype and he has yet to prove himself going up against a team like the celtics, the pistons, spurs or any bona-fide defensive team for that matter

18pts, 4.4 boards and 5.5 assists per game, as a rookie, in his first month of pro play, and you say he's all hype?

OK
:sleep

baseline bum
11-21-2008, 02:39 AM
The funny aspect about Rose was most scouts thought he was going to have difficulty to score on the NBA level. Think again.

It looks like he'll ascend to being one of the top point guards in the league pretty quickly.

Damn, how could anyone think that having seen him in HS, much less at Memphis?

TDMVPDPOY
11-21-2008, 02:41 PM
derek rose...is he malik rose + derek anderson molded into one player? :( hahahaha