PDA

View Full Version : Manu: "Fue excitante, estaba allí, no lo podía creer"

kolko
02-22-2005, 12:21 AM
"Fue excitante, estaba allí, no lo podía creer"
Emanuel Ginóbili
Especial para LA NACION

Un poquito de cansancio tengo porque llegamos de Denver muy tarde. Por suerte hoy [por ayer], Gregg [Popovich] nos exceptuó del entrenamiento a Tim (Duncan) y a mí. Vimos videos, tuvimos una charla técnica y después nosotros dos hicimos un tratamiento especial de recuperación. Hay que volver a meterse en el torneo porque ahora viene lo mejor, la parte decisiva.

La verdad, no pensaba jugar 22 minutos en el Juego de las Estrellas; según lo que había pautado el cuerpo técnico, yo debería haber estado en la cancha unos 18 minutos, pero hubo algunos lesionados: Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett y Duncan [que sigue recuperándose de la rodilla derecha] y entonces pude jugar más. Cuando nuestro masajista atendía a Nash -el base de Phoenix, que pelea el N° 1 con San Antonio-, yo le pedía que le apretara la pierna, que le diera duro... En broma, claro.

En realidad, no me importaba jugar 5 minutos y hacer cero puntos, igual hubiese estado feliz y conforme. Jugar con esos monstruos y participar de semejante fiesta, a la que muchos grandes ni siquiera llegaron, ya era mucho para mí. Antes del partido Tim me preguntó si estaba nervioso, le dije que no. Sólo estaba preocupado por esa rampa de salida de la presentación. No quería caerme y pasar el gran papelón. Me fijaba cómo iban bajando los otros para hacerlo igual.

Fue excitante; estaba allí; no lo podía creer. Me costó caer. Fue muy grosso. De entrada no quería arriesgar porque es difícil adaptarse a la altura de Denver, hay que empezar despacio. En la segunda entrada ya traté de ser más agresivo. Quería ganar. No me gusta dejar pasar a un rival para que te la vuelque en la cara. Es una cuestión de orgullo. Por eso traté de defender fuerte y fui a buscar los rebotes ofensivos. Perdimos porque los buenos tiradores que tuvimos fallaron al final.

Me traje varios souvenirs. El cartelito con mi nombre y el logo del juego que estaba en mi loocker, la camiseta firmada por todos (me animé cuando vi que los demás también lo hacían) y las zapatillas con el logo de Denver. Ahora pienso en todo lo que viví y parece increíble: el solo hecho de que en ese histórico acontecimiento digan tu nombre, en medio de tantas estrellas, ya es algo increíble.

Manu

Link (http://www.lanacion.com.ar/681658)

Kori Ellis
02-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Translation?

TheWriter
02-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Damn online translators....

I want to say I am very happy to have been part of the turkeyball game at the snow land.

Whenever a dog walks to the basket, it is a big orgasm for me to see a cat beat up a shoe.

I want to thank all the horny fans for their underwear support in getting me to the game of stars.

I want to eat dry leaves forever!

Mandy

kolko
02-22-2005, 01:06 AM
I am a little bit tired because we arrived from Denver very late. Luckily, today, Gregg excepted Tim and I from the practice. We watched some videos, we talked and then we two had special recovery treatment. We have to be back in the season because now starts the best part, the final one.

To be honest, I didn't believe I was going to play 22 minutes in the ASG. Pop told me that I was goint to play around 18 minutes. But there were some injured players: Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan (who is still recovering from his right knee) so I played more. When our trainer was taking care of Nash, I told him to be hard on him. Of course I was joking.

In fact, I didn't mind playing 5 minutos and scoring 0 points. I would still be happy if that had happened. To play with great players and to be part of this big party, it was a lot for me. Before the game, Tim asked me if I was nervous. I replied "No". I was only worried about that exit incline, where the players were presented. I didn't want to fall. I was watching how the others do it, so I could do the same.

It was exciting to be there. I couldn't believe it. The first time I entered the game I didn't want to risk because of the altitude, you have to start slowly in Denver. The second time, I started to be aggresive. I wanted to win. I don't like to pass on somebody so he can dunk it. So I tried to defend hard and tried to get the offensive rebounds. We lost because our shooters missed some shots in the final minutes.

I came back with a lot of souvenirs. The poster with my name and the logo of the game, which I took it off my locker. My jersey signed by all the players (Everyone was doing it, so I do it too) and the shoes with the logo of Denver. Now that I think in all what had happened there, it's incredible. The single fact that in that historical event they say your name, in the middle of so many stars, already is something incredible.

Manu

Kori Ellis
02-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Thanks very much.

usckk
02-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Manu is so freaking awesome.

usckk
02-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Shit, here I go again. It's 1:15, and i'm still posting. *must stay away and do homework* *no more spurs forums* *bad me, bad me* *must do homework* bye. For now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-22-2005, 01:23 AM
My jersey signed by all the players Damn, I need to get me one of those!

circles_eternal
02-22-2005, 01:34 AM
hi! i`m new here and this is my first post.

anyways...

it still seems so surreal that Manu played in the ASG...

Antemio
02-22-2005, 09:16 AM
"Tim asked me if I was nervous. I replied "No". I was only worried about that exit incline, where the players were presented. I didn't want to fall. I was watching how the others do it, so I could do the same."

I like this part :spin

duncan2k5
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Ah. manu. so humble...almost child-like. i like when he said "My jersey signed by all the players (Everyone was doing it, so I do it too)"