PDA

View Full Version : Ludden: Spurs return to practice

Kori Ellis
02-22-2005, 01:34 AM
Spurs return to practice
Web Posted: 02/22/2005 12:00 AM CST

Johnny Ludden
San Antonio Express-News

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA022205.5D.spurs.cfcab086.html

After spending the previous four days catching up on some much-needed rest — or, in the case of coach Gregg Popovich, figuring out how to divide 240 minutes among 12 All-Stars — the Spurs returned to practice early Monday evening.

The workout, Tony Parker said, went as expected.

"My chest was burning, and I was a little bit out of breath," Parker said. "But that's OK."

The Spurs will have one more day to work themselves back into shape before they play Houston on Wednesday at the SBC Center. The team watched film Monday and lifted weights before doing some skill work and light scrimmaging.

Popovich held Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, who both played in Sunday's All-Star Game in Denver, out of the scrimmaging.

Popovich was pleased he was able to limit Duncan, who has been recovering from ankle, knee and hip injuries, to 16 minutes Sunday. Ginobili, Popovich said, feels good and also should be rested enough for Wednesday.

Popovich had to scrap his own plans for the break — which usually include relaxing in San Francisco and planning for the remainder of the season — but said his first All-Star experience turned out to be better than he thought.

"It was really great," Popovich said. "I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. But the players made it wonderful."