PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan's Blocks...

Galileo
11-19-2008, 03:36 PM
TD has 15 blocks in the past 5 games, compared to only 2 in the first 5 games.

That's good.

I was getting worried that something was wrong, but I should have learned by now never to doubt Tim.

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2008, 03:49 PM
nobody on the team was playing good defense in the 1st few games, starting with Tim, who is our anchor..he stepped up, and so did the rest of our team, and we're now playing Spurs-type of defense..

duncan228
11-19-2008, 03:50 PM
...but I should have learned by now never to doubt Tim.

Never. :)

xtremesteven33
11-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Never. :)

not to sound confrontational at all,

is there anything about Duncan you dont like???

duncan228
11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
not to sound confrontational at all,

is there anything about Duncan you dont like???

Sometimes, but I never doubt him.

I expect him to leave it all on the court, but I don't expect him to 'have it' every night in a marathon season, not at this point of his career.

I'm a fan, I appreciate what he's brought to the game. I see nothing wrong with enjoying his game. He'll have off nights, but I believe he always comes to play, and win.

I've been following him his whole career, and except for injury or illness he's rarely disappointed me. I'll cut him slack on the basis of his track record of greatness, maybe other people won't. Maybe that's my bias.

The bottom line is he's the reason I watch and I have a great time being a fan of his. I see no reason to make it difficult and stress over things I have no control over. I simply cheer for him. :)

xtremesteven33
11-19-2008, 04:11 PM
I mean more on a personal level....for example,

Do you disagree with his political view?
Religion?
philosophy?
decisions hes made in the past?

just curious....

Galileo
11-19-2008, 04:20 PM
did anyone notice how efficient Duncan was against the clips?

64% FG
100% FT
15 boards
6 blocks
2-1 assist/turnover ratio

mrspurs
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Noway Tim got 6 blocks. When did that happen? Wait....Im just funning about....

duncan228
11-19-2008, 04:34 PM
I mean more on a personal level....for example,

Do you disagree with his political view?
Religion?
philosophy?
decisions hes made in the past?

just curious....

I respect the man he's shown us he is on and off the court. He's loyal to his family, his friends, his team. He gives back to the communities he's lived in and to the issues that have touched him personally; cancer and children that have lost parents. He's done nothing in 15+ years in the public eye to make me think twice about being his fan.

There are plenty of athletes that have done the same, Duncan happens to be the one I follow.

xtremesteven33
11-19-2008, 04:41 PM
I respect the man he's shown us he is on and off the court. He's loyal to his family, his friends, his team. He gives back to the communities he's lived in and to the issues that have touched him personally; cancer and children that have lost parents. He's done nothing in 15+ years in the public eye to make me think twice about being his fan.

There are plenty of athletes that have done the same, Duncan happens to be the one I follow.

oohhh ok...cool

angelbelow
11-19-2008, 06:07 PM
TD has 15 blocks in the past 5 games, compared to only 2 in the first 5 games.

That's good.

I was getting worried that something was wrong, but I should have learned by now never to doubt Tim.

i knew he was stepping it up but i had no idea he was average 3 in the last 5. thats awesome.