PDA

View Full Version : Sirius XM Radio

spurs_2108
11-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Well the merger took place a few days ago with some channels being deleted.

Ive been listening to Alt Nation and they played three different songs twice within 4-5 hours. That is a little ridiculous. This isn't the top 20 countdown, so quit playing the songs over and over. And the play list are pretty much the same. I heard all these songs yesterday....

CubanMustGo
11-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Yep, sirius' playlists generally suck pond water compared to XMs. But at least you can hear Spurs games now.

Thunder Dan
11-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Ethel was much better than Alt Nation

Evan
11-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I think everyone who had xm will blame sirius and every that had sirius will blame xm.

And I must say that XM screwed up channel 26, my lil Indie rock station.

Give it a month…they will figure it all out.

spurs_2108
11-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Also cross country was great for texas county/americana/alt country.

The outlaw country is alright.

Ethel was a lot better than Alt Nation. I do agree.

Thunder Dan
11-19-2008, 04:38 PM
I think everyone who had xm will blame sirius and every that had sirius will blame xm.

And I must say that XM screwed up channel 26, my lil Indie rock station.

Give it a month…they will figure it all out.

I'm a Sirius subscriber, but I thought Lucy and Ethel were both better than their Sirius counterparts

Left of Center was much much much better than XMU--which they kind of blended

spurs_2108
11-19-2008, 04:49 PM
I thought XMU was pretty chill and laid back. What was left of center?

Evan
11-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Left of Center was much much much better than XMU--which they kind of blended

Agree and I can't believe some of the crap they are playing now...

I thought XMU was pretty chill and laid back. What was left of center?

Do you know what Indie Rock is?

Its typically small label music that hasn't hit mainstream. Really good music and not that over polished pop rock garbage. Kinda like what XMU plays but they have broadened the catagory now that its on SIRIUS.

Thunder Dan
11-19-2008, 05:01 PM
I miss Boombox and Backspin

XMU was Indie, but a little too indie for me.

Evan
11-19-2008, 05:05 PM
I miss Boombox and Backspin

XMU was Indie, but a little too indie for me.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Its not Indie Rock enough for me. :lol

slowchild25
11-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Bring back the old XM Playlists!!

Bitch here I already have: http://www.xmradio.com/help/emailus.xmc

spurs_2108
11-19-2008, 05:35 PM
I guess the Indie music they play is really "Indie". Not like Modest Mouse, Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, The Shins etc. Indie.

There they go again playing another song I just heard a while ago.

My Own Worst Enemy by Sterophonic was played at 1:38:57 PM and is now played at 5:34:17 PM.

I'm using this to track last played songs. http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php?

AA2120
11-19-2008, 05:40 PM
They Changed Hardattack To Luqidmetal???

Wtf!?!?!?!?

AlamoSpursFan
11-20-2008, 10:55 AM
They also changed Buzzsaw to AC/DC radio. I like AC/DC every now and again, but a whole channel dedicated to 3 chords???

Where's the Rush channel?

At least I still have my HairNation!

PeterBurns
11-20-2008, 11:25 AM
I like the old school rap station on XM. That was some good stuff

romad_20
11-20-2008, 11:31 AM
They also changed Buzzsaw to AC/DC radio. I like AC/DC every now and again, but a whole channel dedicated to 3 chords???

AC/DC channel is only promotional because of their new album. They are going back in January to the regular station.

Dr. Gonzo
11-20-2008, 11:38 AM

Wtf!?!?!?!?

It's the same thing.

shelshor
11-20-2008, 12:22 PM
XM's classical station had much better play list than Sirius too, so naturally, they deleted the XM station and retained Sirius

ATRAIN
11-20-2008, 12:23 PM
XM's classical station had much better play list than Sirius too, so naturally, they deleted the XM station and retained Sirius

they did bring cinemagic over to Sirius though. That channel kicks ass, except right now its all stpuid xmas music.

marini martini
11-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Also cross country was great for texas county/americana/alt country.

The outlaw country is alright.

I HATE THAT "OUTLAW COUNTRY"!!!!! And the fkn' loudmouth DJ, Mojo Nixon. :bang

Bring back my X country, or I'm cancelling!!!!!!!!Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:ihit

romad_20
11-20-2008, 12:35 PM
None of my stations have really changed, but I haven't been listening as much lately anyway. As long as they keep my Saturday night safety dance I'm all good.

AlamoSpursFan
11-20-2008, 12:43 PM
I HATE THAT "OUTLAW COUNTRY"!!!!! And the fkn' loudmouth DJ, Mojo Nixon. :bang

Bring back my X country, or I'm cancelling!!!!!!!!Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:ihit

Be glad you're not a Nascar fan. He's on Nascar Radio 128 also, and he's even louder and more obnoxious there.

The overnight guy on Outlaw Country is another worthless P.O.S. Some guy named Jonesy. Fuck I can't stand that guy.

Dallas Wayne does his show from Austin and plays plenty of Texas music. Johnny Knoxville and Roger Allan Wade have a pretty cool show, as does Steve Earle.

Thunder Dan
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm trying to get the Sirius app for my iphone, does anyone know how to install it?

http://www.millardsoftware.com/content/usirius-iphone-edition-beta-v62

leemajors
11-20-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm trying to get the Sirius app for my iphone, does anyone know how to install it?

http://www.millardsoftware.com/content/usirius-iphone-edition-beta-v62

it would have to be jailbroken i believe.

Thunder Dan
11-20-2008, 01:22 PM
it would have to be jailbroken i believe.

So it won't work on a 3G?

chode_regulator
11-20-2008, 01:37 PM

Wtf!?!?!?!?

gay i really liked hard attack. i havent been listening much to sirius lately bc i dont work and therefore dont drive right now. plus my adapter piece that the radio plugs into is broke. :depressed

i kind miss having to waek up early and drive fro 45 min to work. i liked listening to stern in the morning.

liquid metal isnt bad, ihave directv and they have that channel on tehre and i listen to it at times. but i still liked hardattack better. did they fire the dj's from hardattack?

i hope that one guy si right about them going back to buzzsaw. that was my second fav music channel.

chode_regulator
11-20-2008, 01:42 PM
It's the same thing.

without having heard any of it since teh changes, its not the same thing at all. as i already posted, i have xm on my tv and sirius in my car adn it was completly different. they have different nightly shows and what not and obviously different dj's.
i just hope they kept the good ones from sirius

i thought originally that they werent going to completely combine things. i remember seeing on teh sirius website taht you could have an add on of certain xm stations for an extra few dollars a month. baseball and oprah and such.
so things are completely merged and its just one company now?

AlamoSpursFan
11-20-2008, 02:23 PM
i hope that one guy si right about them going back to buzzsaw. that was my second fav music channel.

It now says "Boneyard" on the banner.

I hope they didn't fire Remy Maxwell. I like that guy. "Down for the count and up for a drink"

chode_regulator
11-20-2008, 04:54 PM
yoiu sir are correct. i meant i hope it goes back to being classic rock after the ac/dc stint. which according to sirius it will

Bandit2981
11-20-2008, 10:06 PM
When XM got rid of Fungus 53, my favorite, I knew the beginning of the end was near

spurs_2108
11-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Alt Nation is still playing some songs over 4 hours. Its getting real bad.

Thunder Dan
11-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Alt Nation sucks, it has been Emo-Nation since the beginning

AA2120
11-24-2008, 08:40 PM
:downspin:
without having heard any of it since teh changes, its not the same thing at all. as i already posted, i have xm on my tv and sirius in my car adn it was completly different. they have different nightly shows and what not and obviously different dj's.
i just hope they kept the good ones from sirius

i thought originally that they werent going to completely combine things. i remember seeing on teh sirius website taht you could have an add on of certain xm stations for an extra few dollars a month. baseball and oprah and such.
so things are completely merged and its just one company now?

well its all the same djs..jose, kal, ian...but the name hardattack is so much better than liquidmetal.. so far since the merger just happend they dont have any of the shows yet..like hard files or the top 12 countdown :downspin:

spurs_2108
11-24-2008, 11:24 PM
^^ I like the song selections on Alt Nation, but they play the same shit over and over. Playing something different. Plus you get a Killers song every 30 minutes or so. I'm not dogging them Killers, I like them, but its kinda over kill. (no pun intended.) Maybe they are running a little special since their new cd dropped.

leemajors
02-11-2009, 02:55 PM
it's about to declare bankruptcy!

ATRAIN
02-11-2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/11/technology/companies/11radio.html

Whisky Dog
02-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I have better music choices with my free iPhone radio apps Pandora, Iheartradio, Aol radio, and Slacker radio than I ever had with satellite. It's becoming obsolete.

I hear dead people radio is my personal favroite

EricB
02-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I use SiriusXM for my business and its been a blessing.

I hope they can make it work. If they have to cut a slimeball like Howard Stern, go right ahead.

Das Texan
02-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Fuck them.

Ever since that merger its been complete trash, and their useless programming directors refuse to respond to email.

Dr. Gonzo
02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
I use SiriusXM for my business and its been a blessing.

I hope they can make it work. If they have to cut a slimeball like Howard Stern, go right ahead.

He's the reason it has as many subscribers as it does. If it wasn't for Stern then Sirius would've gone under years ago. If you don't like it don't listen. It's as simple as that but don't shit on the one thing that makes Sirius worth having.

EricB
02-11-2009, 04:52 PM
He's the reason it has as many subscribers as it does. If it wasn't for Stern then Sirius would've gone under years ago. If you don't like it don't listen. It's as simple as that but don't shit on the one thing that makes Sirius worth having.

I don't, and I believe the first amendment allows me to voice my opinion, so tough.

AlamoSpursFan
02-11-2009, 11:52 PM
If you don't like it don't listen. It's as simple as that but don't shit on the one thing that makes Sirius worth having.

Somebody shat on Sirius NASCAR Radio 128?

:lol

JudynTX
02-12-2009, 09:18 AM
it's about to declare bankruptcy!

:lol Blame Howard Stern! They have to pay him that big fat contract somehow.

tsb2000
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM
:lol Blame Howard Stern! They have to pay him that big fat contract somehow.

No, you can blame the government for sitting on the merger for so long to bleed Sirius dry.

Howard is 60% of the Sirius audience. He isn't going anywhere. Oprah and Martha Stewart, on the other hand, are as good as gone, IMO. No return on those investments at all.

Whoever said Sirius won't email you back is wrong. When Bubba was going through his contract BS. I called Tim Sabean and got a personal return phone call from him.

They won't go silent, but I can't see how they can survive the current takeover attempt from EchoStar (Dish). If Clearchannel (or whomever- CBS, Cox Media, etc) was smart, they would buy Sirius tomorrow and make all their top radio stations have a national presence.

englishspursfan
02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
my station fred has got way better but they keepplaying girlfriend in a coma ,the smiths:sleep:sleep:sleep.idont listen toany other channelso it dont really bother me.

chode_regulator
02-12-2009, 12:44 PM
I have to agree with others that even though Stern has a huge contract, he brings in the listeners. He's really not that vulgar, more or less they just are able to cuss. Though it can get pretty raunchy at times as well.
When it came down to it, I chose Sirius over XM a few years ago bc of Howard Stern. Imeanwho wants to listen to Oprah?

I dont know about all the channels, but the ones I listen to, Hard Attack, Boneyard, Octane, NASCAR and Howard are all pretty good.

And I agree, it's corporate america and the govt that are more at fault here. Plus all the cheap bastards who will pay god knows how much for unlimited text messaging and earlier nights/weekends on their cell phone, but cant fork over 13/mo on much better radio.

chode_regulator
02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I have better music choices with my free iPhone radio apps Pandora, Iheartradio, Aol radio, and Slacker radio than I ever had with satellite. It's becoming obsolete.

I hear dead people radio is my personal favroite

Is pandora the one where you can't choose what you listen to? For instance you choose a band/genre and it plays other bands in that same genre. Or have they changed?

chode_regulator
02-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Liberty media just bought over 500 million in debt from SiriusXM. Wonder if it will help them any or just prolong the inevitable

Das Texan
02-17-2009, 10:47 AM
No, you can blame the government for sitting on the merger for so long to bleed Sirius dry.

Howard is 60% of the Sirius audience. He isn't going anywhere. Oprah and Martha Stewart, on the other hand, are as good as gone, IMO. No return on those investments at all.

Whoever said Sirius won't email you back is wrong. When Bubba was going through his contract BS. I called Tim Sabean and got a personal return phone call from him.

They won't go silent, but I can't see how they can survive the current takeover attempt from EchoStar (Dish). If Clearchannel (or whomever- CBS, Cox Media, etc) was smart, they would buy Sirius tomorrow and make all their top radio stations have a national presence.

I emailed all the people in charge of MLB Home Plate when they canceled the Baseball Beat with Charley Steiner. I havent heard back yet.

Thunder Dan
02-17-2009, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't have sirius if not for Stern, and if they got rid of him I would not have Sirius

chode_regulator
02-17-2009, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't have sirius if not for Stern, and if they got rid of him I would not have Sirius

i would have to agree. though not a listener before i got sirius i def am a fan now. as much as i enjoy hard attack, i have pretty much the same music and probably a more diverse lineup than they do on my ipod. boneyard doesnt seem to be as good as it used to be before the merger, neither is octane.

i would miss the nascar channels, but i rarely am driving anymore at that time of the day so...

it is nice to have it on the tv with directv for getting dressed in teh morning, but again nothing an ipod couldnt handle.

one article i read suggested that sirius start selling stern on itunes as podcasts or whatever in roder to start making somemoney that way. apparently theres quite a large segment of people who listen to him via illegal downloads

Thunder Dan
03-19-2009, 08:10 AM
does anyone else's Siruis internet feed not work around this time in the morning?! It's screwing up my routine. I always stat Stern when I get to work at 9AM, but my feed doesn't work until around 11. Is anyone else having this problem? It just started this week

Mugshot
03-19-2009, 08:30 AM
I've had Sirius for three years...I got it pretty much for Stern. I still love it for that reason. I was so excited about the merger because there were so many of the XM stations that my friends had that I liked. But of course, they fucked it up.