PDA

View Full Version : Spurs come back down to earth.

SequSpur
11-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Got damn this is painful to watch. Losing your ass at home? dude, tickets will be buy 1 get 1 free before thanksgiving... shit... what a shitty team getting bent over by the Nuggets at home.. No heart, no passion.. what a fucking disgrace.

CubanMustGo
11-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Your continual bitching is a 'fucking disgrace.'

Buddy Holly
SOUF SIIIIIIDE MIDGET on the lease.

tp2021
Back down to Earth, huh? They just want to be closer to you, Sequ.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Back down to Earth, huh? They just want to be closer to you, Sequ.

They'll need to come down a little bit lower

koriwhat
11-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Your continual bitching is a 'fucking disgrace.'

fo'sho!

SPURS vs NBA media
11-19-2008, 11:04 PM
don't feed the trolls

DROB4EVER
Most teams that are missing 2 of their top 3 guys are gonna struggle and if you count Ian and I am cause he cant be woarse than what we have....we are missing a much needed front court player.

honestfool84
your act is getting old.

i wish i could have posted here during the '07 championship run.

i can see the spurs winning it all, and then sequ spur saying the spurs are the worst team in the league.

Spur-Addict
11-19-2008, 11:05 PM
They were running people at Timmy all night, he has been doing to much as is. We were due. PLus, Denver is on a roll, Hill played good. For what we have we can't complain right now.

SequSpur
11-19-2008, 11:06 PM
your act is getting old.

i wish i could have posted here during the '07 championship run.

i can see the spurs winning it all, and then sequ spur saying the spurs are the worst team in the league.

nice take.

MI21
11-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah, the Nuggets should be an easy out for a Spurs team without it's All-Star backcourt.

Fuck sake.

timvp
11-19-2008, 11:07 PM
http://www.fortythree.com/Stencils/Public/BusinessMan2004Campaign/jump_shark_proof.jpg

SequSpur
11-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah, the Nuggets should be an easy out for a Spurs team without it's All-Star backcourt.

Fuck sake.

spurs are losers. hill and vaughn can't get the job done. admit it. pop was wrong, the offseason plan is running this team into the ground, not only by their record, but their box office also.

DesignatedT
nuggets are a good team i didnt expect us to win really but our big situation is serious. oberto and thomas are seriously terrible. i think i can jump higher than they can.. there soft slow and cant play anymore. we are going to have to do something if we want to make a run come later in the season.

T Park
the nuggets are tougher to defend with billups than iverson. Had mason and Duncan not played like dogcrap it wouldve been a different story...

z0sa
11-19-2008, 11:09 PM
http://www.fortythree.com/Stencils/Public/BusinessMan2004Campaign/jump_shark_proof.jpg

:lmao no idea what that has to do with anything, but just the idea of someone skiing into a shark is hilarious

T Park
11-19-2008, 11:10 PM
nuggets are a good team i didnt expect us to win really but our big situation is serious. oberto and thomas are seriously terrible. i think i can jump higher than they can.. there soft slow and cant play anymore. we are going to have to do something if we want to make a run come later in the season.

Yeah because great athletic bigmen are so easy to come by.

DesignatedT
11-19-2008, 11:10 PM
just watching this portland game with oden aldridge pryzbilla i mean we need another big bad. even watching pryzbilla makes oberto and thomas look like there 70 years old

z0sa
11-19-2008, 11:11 PM

Oberto has lost some confidence it seems ... Thomas will regain form.

tp2021
:lmao no idea what that has to do with anything, but just the idea of someone skiing into a shark is hilarious

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_the_shark

xtremesteven33
why do people still respond to this guy...honestly??

DesignatedT
11-19-2008, 11:12 PM
when did i say there easy to come by? im saying we are going to have to make a trade to add another big... if that means trading thomas,oberto,bonner,udoka,vaughn.. then so be it but with thomas and oberto playing next to duncan. that is not going to work.. i think everyone can see that

SequSpur
11-19-2008, 11:14 PM
why do people still respond to this guy...honestly??

blackened is the end...

xtremesteven33
11-19-2008, 11:15 PM
blackened is the end...

:wow

tp2021
11-19-2008, 11:17 PM
blackened is the end...

Did you stick your dick in the electrical outlet?

hater
11-19-2008, 11:20 PM
u actually expected spurs to win this game????

:lmao :lmao :lmao

what a moron. no manu, no tony.

we only lost by 10 pts. that is a success for tonight. get sober, get real.

xtremesteven33
11-19-2008, 11:22 PM
u actually expected spurs to win this game????

:lmao :lmao :lmao

what a moron. no manu, no tony.

we only lost by 10 pts. that is a success for tonight. get sober, get real.

ur boy Billups did good tonight....:rollin

hater
11-19-2008, 11:23 PM
shit! I just saw Hill had 20pts. NICE!!!

T Park
11-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Mostly thanks to free throws and end of game dontgiveashit by the Nuggets, but yeah G Hill was solid.

angelbelow
11-19-2008, 11:25 PM
youre retarded.

hater
11-19-2008, 11:25 PM
ur boy Billups did good tonight....:rollin

22 6 and 5.

I agree. :toast

King
11-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Got damn this is painful to watch. Losing your ass at home? dude, tickets will be buy 1 get 1 free before thanksgiving... shit... what a shitty team getting bent over by the Nuggets at home.. No heart, no passion.. what a fucking disgrace.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2349/2446711174_6767d20c23_o.jpg

z0sa
11-19-2008, 11:39 PM
22 6 and 5.

I agree. :toast

Chauncey is among my favorite all time players outside of the spurs, and the reasons why are evident, especially now with the Nugs doing a 180. Plus the way he destroyed LA in 04 was just priceless.

SenorSpur
11-19-2008, 11:42 PM
This frontline has to be one of the worst of the Duncan era. It's an absolute insult to Tim that this group is unable to contribute more than they have on a game-to-game basis.

Manu and TP's return cannot hide the deficiencies and poor play from this group.

For those who keep waiting for the emergence of KT, keep on waiting.

lefty
11-19-2008, 11:42 PM
They'll need to come down a little bit lower

:rollin

itzsoweezee
11-19-2008, 11:43 PM
why doens't tolliver get more PT? he can certainly rebound better than oberto or thomas.

SenorSpur
11-19-2008, 11:51 PM
why doens't tolliver get more PT? he can certainly rebound better than oberto or thomas.

In games like these, Hill and Tolliver should get the lionshare of PT.

johnnyblues
11-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Just another day at SpursTalk... :downspin:

DannyT
11-20-2008, 12:26 AM

nice take.

spurs are losers. hill and vaughn can't get the job done. admit it. pop was wrong, the offseason plan is running this team into the ground, not only by their record, but their box office also.

we could lose the season, not make the playoffs, and regroup next year and I would be fine with that...calm the fuck down. go to the fridge get some cheese and craw back in the whole lil man...

SequSpur
11-20-2008, 12:30 AM
we could lose the season, not make the playoffs, and regroup next year and I would be fine with that...calm the fuck down. go to the fridge get some cheese and craw back in the whole lil man...

I'm not fine when the Spurs are close to being good but Pop keeps playing dipshits like Vaughn and Bonner.

Duncan is there.. no excuse, they are getting used.

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Should go 82-0 forum

DannyT
11-20-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm not fine when the Spurs are close to being good but Pop keeps playing dipshits like Vaughn and Bonner.

Duncan is there.. no excuse, they are getting used.

so go ahead and fire Pop like they did Bob Hill fuck it...I mean wtf has Pop ever done for us....and I mean ever?

Duncan and Mason is why we are winning when we do right now...its not time to lose your huggies and toddler shoes big man....just chill let it play out and hope for a good second half push after the all star game coach:ihit

DannyT
11-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Should go 82-0 forum

funny as shit...

benefactor
11-20-2008, 12:47 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_the_shark

Jumping the shark is a colloquialism used by TV critics and fans to denote that point in a TV show or movie series' history where the plot veers off into absurd story lines or out-of-the-ordinary characterizations, particularly for a show with falling ratings apparently becoming more desperate to draw viewers in. In the process of undergoing these changes, the TV or movie series loses its original appeal. Shows that have "jumped the shark" are typically deemed to have passed their peak.
That's pretty accurate in my estimation.

duncan228
11-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Duncan is there..

Duncan is there, with a rag tag supporting cast. I think they're doing better than we expected they would when Parker went down. We're in a trial by fire phase, it will settle when the team is whole again.

wijayas
11-20-2008, 12:54 AM

and sequspur is the shark, here...

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2008, 12:54 AM
SOUTHWEST

HOU 7-5 .583 -
NOH 5-5 .500 -1
SAS 5-6 .455 -1.5
DAL 5-7 .417 -2
MEM 4-7 .364 -2.5

wijayas
11-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Duncan is there, with a rag tag supporting cast. I think they're doing better than we expected they would when Parker went down. We're in a trial by fire phase, it will settle when the team is whole again.

:tu

tomtom
11-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Man i really hope they cut vaughn's time more by Ahearn but I really doubt it...

DannyT
11-20-2008, 12:58 AM

its so bad that we cant even trade any of the bench players for a third round pick:ihit

Sean Cagney
11-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Got destroyed at home without two all stars! Yeah we are horrible! I mean the Spurs should win them all with this team right now out there! We should be flawless even against playoff teams with their full lineups in.

cherylsteele
11-20-2008, 01:43 AM
I know others have been saying this too but I agree.
These injuries to our main core players will help in the long run down the road, the new players like Hill, Mason, Tolliver, etc. are getting much needed in-game experience which can only bode well for the team down the stretch and into the playoffs. Besides the 5-6 record is rather typical in the early season for even a healthy Spurs team, they don't get cranking until the
RRT anyways.

T Park
11-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Man i really hope they cut vaughn's time more by Ahearn but I really doubt it...

Why?

What does a D Leaguer bring to the table that Vaugh doesn't?

Other than shooting the basketball, I don't know anything else Ahearn does that great.

T Park
11-20-2008, 01:47 AM
SOUTHWEST

HOU 7-5 .583 -
NOH 5-5 .500 -1
SAS 5-6 .455 -1.5
DAL 5-7 .417 -2
MEM 4-7 .364 -2.5

Yeah New Orleans losing to Sacramento tonight was the "WTF" moment.

Is anyone hurt for the Hornets, or are they having "growing pains"

Obstructed_View
11-20-2008, 02:46 AM
These other teams in the division are going to be kicking themselves for not putting distance between themselves and the Spurs.

milkyway21
11-20-2008, 03:48 AM

viewer discretion to minors is greatly appreciated :oops

TJastal
11-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Why?

What does a D Leaguer bring to the table that Vaugh doesn't?

Other than shooting the basketball, I don't know anything else Ahearn does that great.

This take is classic. We have hardly seen Ahearn play so who's to say what he can do and what he can't. Give him a chance already. If he can shoot the 3 consistently he will be an upgrade over Vaughn, who really doesn't do any 1 thing very well.

TJastal
11-20-2008, 04:40 AM
I know others have been saying this too but I agree.
These injuries to our main core players will help in the long run down the road, the new players like Hill, Mason, Tolliver, etc. are getting much needed in-game experience which can only bode well for the team down the stretch and into the playoffs. Besides the 5-6 record is rather typical in the early season for even a healthy Spurs team, they don't get cranking until the
RRT anyways.

Sorry to burst your bubble Cheryl, but I wouldn't be so sure these players are going to get enough PT to make a difference. Popovich's substitutions (or lack thereof) was the reason the spurs got into a deep hole last night. For one, Tolliver didn't getting enough PT. He should have been substituted earlier in the game when it was apparent the spurs were getting pushed around under the boards, for either Bonner, Mason, or Udoka.

Popovich needs to recognize sooner when substitutions need to be made. Vaughn should have been pulled earlier, when it was obvious he was having an off-night shooting. Hill could have had 25-30 pts had he gotten closer to 40 mins that game. He was playing good, Vaughn not so much.

Those two subtle changes, right there, could have made a good difference in the game.

cherylsteele
11-20-2008, 05:44 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble Cheryl, but I wouldn't be so sure these players are going to get enough PT to make a difference. Popovich's substitutions (or lack thereof) was the reason the spurs got into a deep hole last night. For one, Tolliver didn't getting enough PT. He should have been substituted earlier in the game when it was apparent the spurs were getting pushed around under the boards, for either Bonner, Mason, or Udoka.

Popovich needs to recognize sooner when substitutions need to be made. Vaughn should have been pulled earlier, when it was obvious he was having an off-night shooting. Hill could have had 25-30 pts had he gotten closer to 40 mins that game. He was playing good, Vaughn not so much.

Those two subtle changes, right there, could have made a good difference in the game.
You are talking about 1 game.....I am talking about over the course of the season......big difference.

TJastal
11-20-2008, 06:22 AM
You are talking about 1 game.....I am talking about over the course of the season......big difference.

Yes, I am looking at this game, and only this game. I think its an indicator of how Popovich is going to coach the rest of the season. If he is not making the correct substitutions now, he probably isn't going to be making good substitutions/personnel moves throughout the course of this season, and the guys that you say are going to be prepped to make significant contributions later on (Hill and Tolliver), won't be.

We saw the same thing last season. Bad coaching decisions led to Manu getting burned out and ultimately injured in the playoffs, all the while a playoff tested saavy veteran Brent Barry sat idling on the bench. Why Pop didn't use Barry in any significant way until it was too late was a grevious coaching mistake. And then not using Kurt Thomas much in the latter half of the year and playoffs, when it was apparent KT was playing at a high level with energy. Again, just bad personnel decisions by Popovich. Now, KT just looks depressed and an old shell of himself out there. Almost as if something sucked the life out of him.

cherylsteele
11-20-2008, 06:40 AM
You're problem is you are looking at one picture (1 game)
I am looking at the whole roll of film (whole season).

I was unimpressed with KT even last year.
Not playing Barry more may have been a mistake....that was LAST YEAR.
Manu's injury had little to do with coaching, what did you want Pop to do, play Manu less? You think that would have prevented the injury?

I'll take the word of a coach who has won 4 titles and fielded a contender each year over your opinion on this matter.

TJastal
11-20-2008, 06:54 AM
double post sry

TJastal
11-20-2008, 06:59 AM
You're problem is you are looking at one picture (1 game)
I am looking at the whole roll of film (whole season).

I was unimpressed with KT even last year.
Not playing Barry more may have been a mistake....that was LAST YEAR.
Manu's injury had little to do with coaching, what did you want Pop to do, play Manu less? You think that would have prevented the injury?

I'll take the word of a coach who has won 4 titles and fielded a contender each year over your opinion on this matter.

What you are failing to understand is that the whole roll of film is made up of all of these individual games. I certainly hope I am wrong, but if Popovich is making yet more bad personnel moves later on this season, I bet we'll probably have this discussion again, you will tell me again "but its only 1 game, its not a whole season". :p

As for Popovich, he landed one of the best to ever play the game, coincidentally as his coaching career started. And just as coincidentally, appears he is going to finish his coaching career at the same time said player is likely retiring.

mrspurs
11-20-2008, 07:20 AM
What you are failing to understand is that the whole roll of film is made up of all of these individual games. I certainly hope I am wrong, but if Popovich is making yet more bad personnel moves later on this season, I bet we'll probably have this discussion again, you will tell me again "but its only 1 game, its not a whole season". :p

As for Popovich, he landed one of the best to ever play the game, coincidentally as his coaching career started. And just as coincidentally, appears he is going to finish his coaching career at the same time said player is likely retiring.

It does help a coach when that happens. Im another who doesnt think Pop is all that. But the man has proving himself over and over. And the system he runs is pretty dang good. Even without Manu and TP. Pop has been able to plug in guys into the system. Guys who are not allstar caliber players. And except for last night its worked quite well. This team even with Manu and TP back is not gonna win most nights when they only make 2 three pointers. We live off the 3 and die by it.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-20-2008, 07:28 AM
This take is classic. We have hardly seen Ahearn play so who's to say what he can do and what he can't. Give him a chance already. If he can shoot the 3 consistently he will be an upgrade over Vaughn, who really doesn't do any 1 thing very well.

You said it yourself - we have hardly seen Ahearn play, and what we saw was actually quite bad. And shooting the 3 doesn't make him better than Vaughn, he still doesn't know the plays and frankly he'll probably be gone before he learns them, so how come you want this guy to set up the offense over Vaughn, whom just the other day Tim called the guy he feels most comfortable with at PG right now?

Brazil
11-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Don't worry guys we are better without Tony ! :rollin

TJastal
11-20-2008, 07:56 AM
You said it yourself - we have hardly seen Ahearn play, and what we saw was actually quite bad. And shooting the 3 doesn't make him better than Vaughn, he still doesn't know the plays and frankly he'll probably be gone before he learns them, so how come you want this guy to set up the offense over Vaughn, whom just the other day Tim called the guy he feels most comfortable with at PG right now?

We saw him play in limited minutes, and he promptely drilled a 3 pointer from the top of the key with nothing but net (something no other spur can do very well, except maybe Bonner). I don't know how that can be considered "bad".

I think if he can do that with regularity that alone makes him worth a roster spot because we need a guy who can shoot top of key and it will keep the opposition's guards from collapsing into the lane and causing havoc in the passing lanes.

Jacque Vaughn otoh is a good penetrator but his drives to the basket rarely end in positive results. He is one of those guys who is so quick he can contort to avoid the contact, so he rarely gets fouled, but then lacks the skill to actually make the layup, and rarely finds an open teammate under a basket either. He is pretty good at the 15 foot jumpshot, but rarely takes it, instead he opts for the 20 footer which is out of his range.

Breakdown of Jacque Vaughn drives to the basket.
10% Vaughn actually makes a layup the way a layup should be made
5% Vaughn makes a miraculous fling in the air
30% Vaughn just misses layup because of some weird contortion to avoid contact
25% Vaughn misses layup for unknown reason
10% Vaughn misses the rim on layup :lol
20% Vaughn kicks out to a guy on perimeter, with risky pass that is picked off half the time

But Tim Duncan loves him....... god bless him

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-20-2008, 08:07 AM
We saw him play in limited minutes, and he promptely drilled a 3 pointer from the top of the key with nothing but net (something no other spur can do very well, except maybe Bonner). I don't know how that can be considered "bad".

I think if he can do that with regularity that alone makes him worth a roster spot because we need a guy who can shoot top of key and it will keep the opposition's guards from collapsing into the lane and causing havoc in the passing lanes.

Jacque Vaughn otoh is a good penetrator but his drives to the basket rarely end in positive results. He is one of those guys who is so quick he can contort to avoid the contact, so he rarely gets fouled, but then lacks the skill to actually make the layup, and rarely finds an open teammate under a basket either. He is pretty good at the 15 foot jumpshot, but rarely takes it, instead he opts for the 20 footer which is out of his range.

10% Vaughn actually makes a layup
10% Vaughn makes a miraculous fling in the air
25% Vaughn just misses layup because of some weird contortion to avoid contact
10% Vaughn misses the rim on layup
20% Vaughn kicks out to a guy on perimeter, with risky pass that is picked off half the time

I disagree.First of all Vaughn is not asked to score, he's supposed to set up the offense and hustle on defense, two things Ahearn cannot do.

Besides, in our system Pop wants from his PGs to be scorers and not spot-up shooters, that's why he's molded Parker into the type of player he is - he fits the Spurs perfectly. And that's also why Pop has tried to insert NVE and Mighty Mouse as back-ups - he wants scorers. He wants them to shoot when they're open and Vaughn's occasional bursts of shooting and driving ( which he's not good at ) are directions from Pop, I have no doubts about that.

Vaughn

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-20-2008, 08:07 AM

10% Vaughn actually makes a layup
10% Vaughn makes a miraculous fling in the air
25% Vaughn just misses layup because of some weird contortion to avoid contact
10% Vaughn misses the rim on layup

I disagree.First of all Vaughn is not asked to score, he's supposed to set up the offense and hustle on defense, two things Ahearn cannot do.

Besides, in our system Pop wants from his PGs to be scorers and not spot-up shooters, that's why he's molded Parker into the type of player he is - he fits the Spurs perfectly. And that's also why Pop has tried to insert NVE and Mighty Mouse as back-ups - he wants scorers. He wants them to shoot when they're open and Vaughn's occasional bursts of shooting and driving ( which he's not good at ) are directions from Pop, I have no doubts about that.

Vaughn is the perfect 3rd string PG and he's much better than Ahearn, especially for the Spurs, especially right now.

polandprzem
11-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Sequ

you getting so many responses is astonishing to me

manufor3
11-20-2008, 08:16 AM

wow, we are missing 2 key players

de Soto
11-20-2008, 09:28 AM

Unfortunately, you are correct. Except that they did not really get "back down". They've been down all season.

DannyT
11-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately, you are correct. Except that they did not really get "back down". They've been down all season.

when you are as short as he is....everything has no choice but to come back down...aint that right little man?

go spurs go....dont jump off just yet man stay strong SS

SequSpur
11-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Sequ

you getting so many responses is astonishing to me

yeah... you're astonished? I'm astonished that a citizen of Poland is allowed to do anything much less type in one of my topics.

Dude, Cheryl Steele is in da house.. .it's over! :tu