PDA

View Full Version : Manu and Tony back in one or two weeks !!

kace
11-20-2008, 10:18 AM
http://www.tp9.net/fr/itw.php?id=291

Tony says that he could be back next week and manu too.
I'm going to translate it.

Tony, how are you ?

My ankle is much better. I'm healing well. I ran and shot again tuesday. I was running slowly since two or three days but without putting too much pressure on my ankle. Now, the decision belongs to me. either i come back next week, or i come back a week later to be really at 100 %. Now, i haven't decide. I'll wait till next week to decide. I really don't want to rush my come back et hurt myself again

It's becoming a bad habit since every year this ankle bothers you

It's the seventh time i hurt this left ankle. I was talking to my father about it some days ago. anyway, i was very lucky during my career, i didn't have any really serious injury. But it's true that my ankle is more and more fragile. Two weeks ago, i injure myself all alone. It was really a pity because i was the best scorer of the NBA and playing the best basketball of my life. I would have liked to keep it on.

Despite your absence, the spurs have won 4 of 5 games. The worst has been avoided after a difficult start.

Everyone plays well. The big difference is that we finally defend. Our new players are learning our defensive gameplan. and it's known: when the spurs defend well, they win. It's true that we haven't play against big teams but they were very important wins. Our biggest win was against Houston. We were 14 points behind and i don't know how but we did a f****** come back.

When will the Spurs be with all their players ?

Soon. Manu will come back next week after his surgery in August. So, in two weeks at worst, the Spurs will have their true face.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-20-2008, 12:00 PM
I know what Tony is saying about his ankles being fragile. Once you've sprained the ligaments like that you tend to do it over and over again no matter how many precautions you take....which is scary for the Spurs and Tony.

xtremesteven33
11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Good find.

Man i hate to hear that from Tony about his ankle. I hope he doesnt rush it and reinjure it again. I know theyll make the right decision. Manu coming back next week seems a little too soon still. I think theyll make that decision based upon thier record and other teams records.

If they can tread water and stay hoovering around .500 theres no need to bring them back TOO early.

Southwest Texas Fan
11-20-2008, 12:38 PM
can we start the countdown now.

vander
11-20-2008, 12:43 PM
they should take as much time as they need, don't need those ankles getting re injured right away. and they better be taped up good when they do come back

Obstructed_View
11-20-2008, 01:01 PM
I know what Tony is saying about his ankles being fragile. Once you've sprained the ligaments like that you tend to do it over and over again no matter how many precautions you take....which is scary for the Spurs and Tony.

The worst thing is that you lose confidence in it. We'll see how he does.