11-20-2008, 10:21 PM
How dumb is this winch?

eYxn2vlhtWo

ducks
11-20-2008, 10:23 PM
smarter then you

baseline bum
11-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Pretty stupid, but she only cried about how unfair the media was to her once in that interview, which must be some kind of new record.

kwhitegocubs
11-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Winch. Is that a combination of witch and wench?

Because I think the witch part would bother her.

johnsmith
11-21-2008, 09:05 AM
LMFAO!!!!

So many things about this thread crack me up. That douchebag "reporter" complaining about the backdrop of the interview. Hey fuckface, why was your crack squad of balanced editors able to blur out the turkey at the beginning but that was pretty much it. Second, how the fuck do you think Timmy the Turkey ends up on your hypocritical dinner table every fucking year?

Third, and my favorite, Dan calling someone dumb. Dan, you do know that she managed to become Governor of an entire state and even was able to run for Vice-President of the United States of America right? What have you done lately, well, besides post every article you can find on the internet right here at Spurstalk.com?

You are a worthless human being Dan. You have some sort of unhealthy obsession about Palin and I wouldn't be surprised to hear a news story one day about a man that slit his throat outside of Palin's home because he loved her so much. Afterwards, you'll mysteriously disappear from this website and we'll all know it was your plagarizing ass that killed himself.

DarkReign
11-21-2008, 09:36 AM
smarter then you

Soooo...

DarkReign
11-21-2008, 09:37 AM
I am from a hunting family, that doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Now, as a politician, would I want that in the background of my interview? Um, no.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2008, 12:46 PM
You have some sort of unhealthy obsession about Palin and I wouldn't be surprised to hear a news story one day about a man that slit his throat outside of Palin's home because he loved her so much. Afterwards, you'll mysteriously disappear from this website and we'll all know it was your plagarizing ass that killed himself.You have Nbadan confused with whottt.

Jelly
11-21-2008, 01:08 PM
LMFAO!!!!

... she managed to become Governor of an entire state and even was able to run for Vice-President of the United States of America right?

and this is the source of GREAT embarrassment to this country.

Kori Ellis
11-21-2008, 03:20 PM
You are a worthless human being Dan. You have some sort of unhealthy obsession about Palin and I wouldn't be surprised to hear a news story one day about a man that slit his throat outside of Palin's home because he loved her so much. Afterwards, you'll mysteriously disappear from this website and we'll all know it was your plagarizing ass that killed himself.

We all know that you talk a lot of crap, but stuff like this isn't necessary at all. Tone it down, man.

johnsmith
11-21-2008, 04:03 PM
and this is the source of GREAT embarrassment to this country.

All the stupid shit this country does and all the sudden Palin is the poster child for humiliation?

clambake
11-21-2008, 04:04 PM
shhhhh, the teachers back in the room.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2008, 04:04 PM
All the stupid shit this country does and all the sudden Palin is the poster child for humiliation?Well, yeah. No one was quite as stupid on such a large stage.

johnsmith
11-21-2008, 04:06 PM
We all know that you talk a lot of crap, but stuff like this isn't necessary at all. Tone it down, man.

Really? Really?

So everyone on here that throws out the same old "kill yourself" insult, or "faggot", or "retard" etc, etc, has a pass but this over the line?

Furthermore, when I made a bunch of threads in the political forum about articles I deemed interesting, why were they quickly condensed into one single thread? Dan does it every single day, he's as big a waste of bandwidth as he is oxygen, and yet you just let him go about his merry way?

So Kori, please, let me know again when I've crossed this fictitional line that you set differently for each and every person on this site and I'll be sure to not cross it again.

Anti.Hero
11-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Boutons tone it up.

johnsmith
11-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, yeah. No one was quite as stupid on such a large stage.

George Bush, Dukakis, Quayle, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, General obesity, Jimmy Carter, Ford, Nixon, Economy, gun violence, ebonics, rodney king, OJ, WMD's, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, etc, etc.

Point is, she's a flavor of the month, we've done much dumber things that warrant far more embarrassment then some broad from Alaska that got trounced in an election that was decided long before it ever got started.

chode_regulator
11-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Really? Really?

So everyone on here that throws out the same old "kill yourself" insult, or "faggot", or "retard" etc, etc, has a pass but this over the line?

Furthermore, when I made a bunch of threads in the political forum about articles I deemed interesting, why were they quickly condensed into one single thread? Dan does it every single day, he's as big a waste of bandwidth as he is oxygen, and yet you just let him go about his merry way?

So Kori, please, let me know again when I've crossed this fictitional line that you set differently for each and every person on this site and I'll be sure to not cross it again.

whats taht phrase im looking for

oh yeah, called out! :wow

hahaha what a great post :lol

now im going to go run and hide and hope that kori doesnt ban me again. :(

ChumpDumper
11-21-2008, 04:18 PM
George Bush, Dukakis, Quayle, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, General obesity, Jimmy Carter, Ford, Nixon, Economy, gun violence, ebonics, rodney king, OJ, WMD's, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, etc, etc.

Point is, she's a flavor of the month, we've done much dumber things that warrant far more embarrassment then some broad from Alaska that got trounced in an election that was decided long before it ever got started.Not really, and not recently.

You seem to have an obsession with defending her and mitigating her tremendously stupid mistakes.

I would have just made fun of dan's use of the word winch.

Extra Stout
11-21-2008, 04:19 PM
The only difference between Sarah Palin and George W. Bush is that Palin didn't have Condi Rice tutoring her on national issues for two years prior to being nominated. She's not any more insular than the guy who was running the country the past eight years. So I don't see why she would be any more of an embarrasment.

clambake
11-21-2008, 04:23 PM
or less of one.

johnsmith
11-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Not really, and not recently.

You seem to have an obsession with defending her and mitigating her tremendously stupid mistakes.

I would have just made fun of dan's use of the word winch.

I disagree. I think we've made far bigger fools of ourselves both in the past as well as recently.

I also don't have an obsession with defending her, as much as I have an obsession with defending anyone that someone like Dan feels he's better then.

Fuck, I didn't even notice the "winch" thing. What the fuck is a winch?

johnsmith
11-21-2008, 04:27 PM
or less of one.

Well, yes actually, she is less of one, because no one will care about her in 6 months.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2008, 04:30 PM
I disagree. I think we've made far bigger fools of ourselves both in the past as well as recently.There's not much accounting for this kind of thing, so that's fine.

I also don't have an obsession with defending her, as much as I have an obsession with defending anyone that someone like Dan feels he's better then.So your obsession is with dan?

I see.

Fuck, I didn't even notice the "winch" thing. What the fuck is a winch?
http://manoian.net/jeep/images/winch_installed_front2.jpg

Now, about your use of the word then....

Kori Ellis
11-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Really? Really?

No?

Yes, repeat offenders all get warned too. It's just since you have a rep as an asshole, your warnings come sooner.

Uhh... Are you talking about the multiple threads in a row that you started to make fun of NBADan? timvp merged those, voice your wussified bitching to him via PM.

The line is this ... when two people write to me to complain about you that aren't even in the conversation here - then I tell you to tone it down, you do.

If you have a problem with it, then you PM me or email me. I'm a fairly reseasonable person. Trying to call me out doesn't work here at all. If you want to keep responding here about this, you'll find that out.

johnsmith
11-21-2008, 04:34 PM
There's not much accounting for this kind of thing, so that's fine.
Agreed

So your obsession is with dan?

I see.

I suppose it is. I just can't stand people that under no circumstances whatsoever will they even pretend to humor the other side of the story. Like Boutons.

http://manoian.net/jeep/images/winch_installed_front2.jpg

Now, about your use of the word then....

I'll be sure to point out any spelling error you make from here on out.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2008, 04:35 PM
The line is this ... when two people write to me to complain about you that aren't even in the conversation herejs, I totally narced you out using another screen name.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll be sure to point out any spelling error you make from here on out.Thanks. I try to stay on top of it, but I'm far from perfect.

johnsmith
11-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes, repeat offenders all get warned too. It's just since you have a rep as an asshole, your warnings come sooner.

I guess I'll just be "nice" from now on then like all the folks on here that use, "faggot", "retard", etc, etc.

Uhh... Are you talking about the multiple threads in a row that you started to make fun of NBADan? timvp merged those, voice your wussified bitching to him via PM.
I didn't make fun of him, those were threads that I thought were interesting. And for what it's worth, you and timvp may as well be the same person to me because as far as I'm concerned no one on this site is an "actual" person, they are just merely anonymous posters here for my personal entertainment.

The line is this ... when two people write to me to complain about you that aren't even in the conversation here - then I tell you to tone it down, you do. So they were mad that I disagreed with them? This site is like communism personified.

If you have a problem with it, then you PM me or email me. I'm a fairly reseasonable person. [B]Trying to call me out doesn't work here at all. If you want to keep responding here about this, you'll find that out.

Why didn't you just PM me in the first place then this whole nasty little mess could have been solved without bringing the entire political forum into it?

johnsmith
11-21-2008, 04:41 PM
js, I totally narced you out using another screen name.

:lmao

timvp
11-21-2008, 05:21 PM
I didn't make fun of him, those were threads that I thought were interesting.

All I did was pick the first story on yahoo, then the second, then the third, etc.

:lol At least keep the story straight.

Properly executed, you may have been on to something . . .

johnsmith
11-21-2008, 05:38 PM
:lol At least keep the story straight.

Properly executed, you may have been on to something . . .

Exactly. I was completely interested in those first five stories on yahoo. I thought for sure everyone would want to read them.

timvp
11-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Exactly. I was completely interested in those first five stories on yahoo. I thought for sure everyone would want to read them.Exactly.

johnsmith
11-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Dan made a negative comment about me in another thread recently. I would like him to be warned.

boutons_
11-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Obama's team has admitted that pitbull bitch was gift to Obama's campaign, while Joe the Traitor as VP would have been very tough.

Pitbull bitch has no appeal outside of the too-small, hate-based, rabid Repug fringe, who still didn't bother, in the millions, to show up and vote for her.

Based on her confused thoughts and fractured English, I'm sure her book will have to be be ghost written.

johnsmith
11-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Obama's team has admitted that pitbull bitch was gift to Obama's campaign, while Joe the Traitor as VP would have been very tough.

Pitbull bitch has no appeal outside of the too-small, hate-based, rabid Repug fringe, who still didn't bother, in the millions, to show up and vote for her.

Based on her confused thoughts and fractured English, I'm sure her book will have to be be ghost written.

Boutons has offended me by insulting others too much. Please give him a warning.

chode_regulator
11-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I guess I'll just be "nice" from now on then like all the folks on here that use, "faggot", "retard", etc, etc.

I didn't make fun of him, those were threads that I thought were interesting. And for what it's worth, you and timvp may as well be the same person to me because as far as I'm concerned no one on this site is an "actual" person, they are just merely anonymous posters here for my personal entertainment.

So they were mad that I disagreed with them? This site is like communism personified.

Why didn't you just PM me in the first place then this whole nasty little mess could have been solved without bringing the entire political forum into it?

:lol :downspin:

Dan made a negative comment about me in another thread recently. I would like him to be warned.

:lol:downspin:

Boutons has offended me by insulting others too much. Please give him a warning.

:lol:downspin:

DarkReign
11-25-2008, 12:13 PM

Cmon man, youre better than that. Youre an asshole, but youre an asshole I like.

How you choose to "defend" yourself is your choice, but dont take this tract. Its childish and you were doing fine without it.

clambake
11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Cmon man, youre better than that. Youre an asshole, but youre an asshole I like.

How you choose to "defend" yourself is your choice, but dont take this tract. Its childish and you were doing fine without it.

don't you have a state to poison? :lol

Oh, Gee!!
11-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Really? Really?

meltd0wn!!1!11

smeagol
11-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Why are we still talking about Palin a month after the election . . . ?

Oh . . . right, we are not . . .

boutons_
11-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Let me remind everybody here that johnsmith wanted my mother dead (he got his wish recently), and wanted to fight me.

Nbadan
11-25-2008, 05:24 PM
(he got his wish recently)

...that's too bad, my condolences for the loss of your mom..

johnsmith
11-25-2008, 05:29 PM
meltd0wn!!1!11

Ya think? I thought I was just making a point. Chalk it up to meltdown if you would like though cause I can't argue it too much.

I did have a good point though.

johnsmith
11-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Let me remind everybody here that johnsmith wanted my mother dead (he got his wish recently), and wanted to fight me.

Oh, I still want to fight you.

Anti.Hero
11-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Boutons has offended me.

johnsmith
11-25-2008, 05:31 PM

You're right. I think I was fairly drunk at the time those posts were made though, so that's my defense.

johnsmith
11-25-2008, 05:31 PM
...that's too bad, my condolences for the loss of your mom..

Or is that what he wants you to believe dan?

Shelly.
11-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I have new respect for johnsmith now! :tu

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
The only dumb thing she's guilty of is not realizing that the camera crew was being told exactly where to set up so they could have the turkeys being killed in the background while they interviewed her. :lol

Not sure why everyone's so obsessed with her if she's so incompetent and stupid. Only reason they'd still be working so hard to discredit her with meaningless shit like this is if she's an actual threat to get something done.

Findog
11-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Winch. Is that a combination of witch and wench?

I love WhichWinch! It's tasty!

boutons_
11-25-2008, 08:09 PM
"Not sure why everyone's so obsessed with her"

she's a joke, she's entertaining

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 08:36 PM
"Not sure why everyone's so obsessed with her"

she's a joke, she's entertaining

You're both of those but the news media don't follow you around thinking up ways to make you look like an idiot. You do a masterful job of looking like an idiot all by yourself.

boutons_
11-25-2008, 09:22 PM
ah, did I piss on your girlfriend, OV?

Wild Cobra
11-26-2008, 05:46 AM
I am from a hunting family, that doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Now, as a politician, would I want that in the background of my interview? Um, no.

That's one thing I like about her.

She doesn't think like a politician!

DarkReign
11-26-2008, 10:01 AM

She doesn't think like a politician!

Eh, not so much, WC. She has always come off as a directionless hermit. The world for her, by my impression, is a small place and very "black and white" as opposed to shades of gray.

She represents the semi-debatable anti-intellectualism a portion of this country embraces. The fact that she is a simple, country bumpkin disinterested in the world around her doesnt bother me.

What bothers me is people like that about her. Thats scary. Palin may be remembered as the precursor to worse things a potential politician can be.

DarkReign
11-26-2008, 10:09 AM
You're right. I think I was fairly drunk at the time those posts were made though, so that's my defense.

:lol You do what you do. I was just pointing out the fact that you were "defending" yourself on solid ground with solid points and criticisms without doing the "faux-deflection" technique.

Obviously, I have had zero run-ins with Kori and Tim and have no reason to agree or disagree with you on the matter. To be honest, the fact that they dont power-trip on a regular basis in cases like this just makes this place cooler in that as a member you can defend yourself with a fair amount of criticism. Which I thought you were doing fine without the previously mentioned technique.

But meh, what the fuck is it my business anyway, right?

Wild Cobra
11-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Eh, not so much, WC. She has always come off as a directionless hermit. The world for her, by my impression, is a small place and very "black and white" as opposed to shades of gray.

She represents the semi-debatable anti-intellectualism a portion of this country embraces. The fact that she is a simple, country bumpkin disinterested in the world around her doesnt bother me.

What bothers me is people like that about her. Thats scary. Palin may be remembered as the precursor to worse things a potential politician can be.
Are you sure you aren't confusing her with Tina's portrayal of her?

DarkReign
11-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Are you sure you aren't confusing her with Tina's portrayal of her?

:lol

Nice comeback, I'll give you that. But yes, I am quite sure I can separate reality from fiction. While I think you have a good point with Tina skewing the perception, I dont think Palin's limited worldview and lack of fundamental knowledge of government and its role are exaggerated at all.

Wild Cobra
11-26-2008, 10:30 AM
:lol

Nice comeback, I'll give you that. But yes, I am quite sure I can separate reality from fiction. While I think you have a good point with Tina skewing the perception, I dont think Palin's limited worldview and lack of fundamental knowledge of government and its role are exaggerated at all.

Even the news of her world view and lack of governmental knowledge have been proven as lies, at least most of them.

Look at all the slander she has put up with. Be careful what you believe.

DarkReign
11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Even the news of her world view and lack of governmental knowledge have been proven as lies, at least most of them.

Look at all the slander she has put up with. Be careful what you believe.

Ok, you and I have spun into "self delusion" territory and Im jumping off this train.

My impression of Palin has little to do with media and more to do with Palin. Shes a moron. Good day sir.

jman3000
11-26-2008, 12:42 PM
She's yet to say anything that would give me the slightest inclination that she's smarter than a high school student. she's said many things, on the other hand, that have given me the inclination that she's dumber than one.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2008, 01:49 PM

Look at all the slander she has put up with. Be careful what you believe.I believe she couldn't name one news source she reads regularly. There is no proving that wrong.

The absolute best part of Fey's take-off is when she repeated one of Palin's answers from the Couric interview verbatim with no embellishment as a joke. It was hilarious.

She doesn't think like a politician!That's one thing I like about her.

She doesn't think!

FromWayDowntown
11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I believe she couldn't name one news source she reads regularly. There is no proving that wrong.

The absolute best part of Fey's take-off is when she repeated one of Palin's answers from the Couric interview verbatim with no embellishment as a joke. It was hilarious.

Absolutely. The Couric interview was just frightening and the fact that Palin so willingly turned around to blame the media for her obvious failings only compounded the problem.

Wild Cobra spins the media's view of Palin as slander, but it's not slander if it's true. While the stories about her purported lack of knowledge immediately after the campaign ended might have been erroneous (whether reported by the so-called liberal media or by Fox News), there were enough gaffes on simple issues to make Palin an easy target to be skewered by her own words and actions.

I also agree that it's frightening to think that one of the things about Palin that appeals to people is her apparent lack of intellectual heft.