PDA

View Full Version : Attention league: The Lakers aren't that good

SpursDynasty
11-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Why aren't some of these teams taking it to the Lakers? There are plenty of teams (including Phoenix tonight) that are more talented and better than the Lakers. Why are teams repeatedly not showing up to play against them? Are Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, and Jordan Farmar really that intimidating? Why are they playing scared? It's like the 2006-2007 BS we saw with the Mavs. They were making their shots, shooting the ball well, and had most teams play like junk against them. It took a team that barely got the 8th seed to just go out there and play some real basketball, to get rid of them.

Maybe they have to play Boston (as in the 2008 Finals) or Detroit (as in last week) for everyone to see how average they are.

I will say it right now: when the Lakers play the Spurs in January, they will not win. In fact, the Spurs will sweep the season series against the Lakers.

It's time for the league to step up against these jokers.

JamStone
11-21-2008, 01:34 AM
They just shoot some shots, make some shots, win some games. Nothing to see here.

Bandwagon Fan
11-21-2008, 01:54 AM
The Spurs will sweep the Lakers like they did in the playoffs. OOPS!
:downspin::downspin::downspin::downspin:

Lakers999
11-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Why aren't some of these teams taking it to the Lakers? There are plenty of teams (including Phoenix tonight) that are more talented and better than the Lakers. Why are teams repeatedly not showing up to play against them? Are Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, and Jordan Farmar really that intimidating? Why are they playing scared? It's like the 2006-2007 BS we saw with the Mavs. They were making their shots, shooting the ball well, and had most teams play like junk against them. It took a team that barely got the 8th seed to just go out there and play some real basketball, to get rid of them.

Maybe they have to play Boston (as in the 2008 Finals) or Detroit (as in last week) for everyone to see how average they are.

I will say it right now: when the Lakers play the Spurs in January, they will not win. In fact, the Spurs will sweep the season series against the Lakers.

hate much?

sexinthatsx
11-21-2008, 02:16 AM
haha I was really hoping that a really crappy team hand the lakers their first loss, but pistons did it and i say good job for that. But as of right now, I don't care if lakers are winning against phoenix or another good team, I just want to see them get schooled by a crappy team

anakha
11-21-2008, 03:10 AM
hate much?

Tacker, is that you?

RsxPiimp
11-21-2008, 03:14 AM
haha I was really hoping that a really crappy team hand the lakers their first loss, but pistons did it and i say good job for that. But as of right now, I don't care if lakers are winning against phoenix or another good team, I just want to see them get schooled by a crappy teamy? is that more satisfying.

72-10 bulls lost to an expansion team that year (raptors)

didnt mean much

Ghazi
11-21-2008, 04:02 AM
I still think the Celtics are better than the Lakers.

But over the first 10-12 games, nobody's really held a candle in the West to the Lakers. It's obvious by the record, it's obvious by their +13 margin of victory.

Our beloved Mavs seem to play them well, but always lose in the final minute.

I think the Spurs can beat them if they're healthy. I think they may have found their legit 4th option in Roger Mason... scoring outside of the big 3 was a problem last year.

It's hard to get a read on the Spurs right now. You take away the 2nd and 3rd best player from any contending team and they will look like a lottery team.

Bandwagon Fan
11-21-2008, 04:06 AM
Obviously the Raptors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bulls

angelbelow
11-21-2008, 04:37 AM
Obviously the Raptors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bulls

:rolleyes obviously.

stretch
11-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Lakers honestly don't impress me that much. They rely on the jumpshot on offense, and turnovers on defense. They can't just lock teams up on defense, nor can they just pound teams to death with interior scoring (whether post scoring or penetration scoring). If their shot isn't falling, they crumble massively.

They better PRAY that if they make it to the finals, they don't meet the Cavs. They are probably their biggest nightmare in terms of matchups.

TheMadHatter
11-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Lakers honestly don't impress me that much. They rely on the jumpshot on offense, and turnovers on defense. They can't just lock teams up on defense, nor can they just pound teams to death with interior scoring (whether post scoring or penetration scoring). If their shot isn't falling, they crumble massively.

They better PRAY that if they make it to the finals, they don't meet the Cavs. They are probably their biggest nightmare in terms of matchups.

SpursDynasty is that you? Did you forget to log out of your troll account :lmao

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 12:23 PM

Brah, did you see Pau in the paint on Tuesday? He had like 34 points in 34 minutes. Obviously, some of those were mid range jumpers, but the majority came in the post.

JamStone
11-21-2008, 12:27 PM

Pretty sure they'd still be more worried about Boston than Cleveland. Boston plays consistent defense and has more than one star player that can handle the responsibilities on offense. Cavs have a very good defense, but no where near the level of Boston. Outside of LeBron, they match up against Cleveland just fine, even against Mo Williams and Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

TheMadHatter
11-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Brah, did you see Pau in the paint on Tuesday? He had like 34 points in 34 minutes. Obviously, some of those were mid range jumpers, but the majority came in the post.

People forget that Shaq is still one of the best post defenders in this league. Not many people can score on him effectively, not even Mr. Tim Duncan.

TheMadHatter
11-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Pretty sure they'd still be more worried about Boston than Cleveland. Boston plays consistent defense and has more than one star player that can handle the responsibilities on offense. Cavs have a very good defense, but no where near the level of Boston. Outside of LeBron, they match up against Cleveland just fine, even against Mo Williams and Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

this. Boston is still the best team in the league until proven otherwise. Until the Lakers show me that they can play with BOS and beat them nothing else matters.

xtremesteven33
11-21-2008, 12:30 PM
People forget that Shaq is still one of the best post defenders in this league. Not many people can score on him effectively, not even Mr. Tim Duncan.

Didnt Duncan drop like 40 on shaq twice already in 12 months time??

Allanon
11-21-2008, 02:49 PM
To be honest, I'm more scared of the Cavs and Pistons than the Celtics.

Celtics are winning games by the hair on KG's chin. They're not stomping the competition like they did last year. The loss of Posey is really hurting them. In addition, the toughness of PJ Brown is sorely missing.

As long as they don't get Dice (unlikely) or some other tough vet, the Celtics are pretty much screwed.

Celtics will rue the day they let Posey go.

Christmas day will be Leprechaun whupping time.

stretch
11-21-2008, 03:21 PM

It would be a different story when facing someone like Garnett, Ben Wallace, or even Dirk.

stretch
11-21-2008, 03:24 PM

I'm sure they would be more scared of Boston because of the way they faceraped them last year in the Finals.

I still think Cleveland is a tougher matchup. They do exactly what you need to do to beat the Lakers... force Kobe and Gasol into shooting jumpers, while closing out on the other shooters like Vujabitch and Fisher.

JamStone
11-21-2008, 03:32 PM
So Boston doesn't force Kobe and Gasol into shooting jumpers while closing out on the other shooters? They do that better than any club in the NBA. AND they have three stars capable of completely taking over the game offensively.

"As tough" a match-up as Boston, that's arguable at best. "Tougher" match-up than Boston, I'm not buying that at all.

stretch
11-21-2008, 03:37 PM
So Boston doesn't force Kobe and Gasol into shooting jumpers while closing out on the other shooters? They do that better than any club in the NBA. AND they have three stars capable of completely taking over the game offensively.

"As tough" a match-up as Boston, that's arguable at best. "Tougher" match-up than Boston, I'm not buying that at all.

Boston doesn't have Posey anymore. That makes a big difference.

Not to mention they only have ONE star that consistently makes plays during the final 5 minutes of a game.

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 03:41 PM
It would be a different story when facing someone like Garnett, Ben Wallace, or even Dirk.

Pau showed what he could do against Dirk. As for the other two, we will just have to wait and see. I give KG the benefit of the doubt, since Gasol did nothing in the finals.

stretch
11-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Pau showed what he could do against Dirk. As for the other two, we will just have to wait and see. I give KG the benefit of the doubt, since Gasol did nothing in the finals.

Dirk owns Gasol.

stretch
11-21-2008, 03:44 PM

And while they have 3 stars, only one of them ever does crap in the final 5 minutes of a game.

TheMadHatter
11-21-2008, 03:48 PM
The Lakers need Bynum to play much better than he is right now before we can take BOS in a 7 gamer. IMHO if Bynum can play like he did right before he went down last season we should be able to beat BOS in a 7 game series.

JamStone
11-21-2008, 04:00 PM

Not to mention they only have ONE star that consistently makes plays during the final 5 minutes of a game.

Did Cleveland pick up James Posey?

Cleveland does not have a premier perimeter defender either.

Your point was that Cleveland would force Kobe and Gasol to become jump shooters and would close out on their other shooters. With or without Posey, Boston does that better than any team in the league.

And, while Boston only has one superstar that consistently makes plays during the final 5 minutes of the game, they have two others that can carry the team offensively during the first 43 for long stretches. Cleveland relies on one superstar to carry the team offensively for the entire time he's on the court. Pierce had actually been playing pretty poorly the first 5 or so games in the season and the Celtics were still winning. Three is still better than one.

Allanon
11-21-2008, 04:04 PM
The Lakers need Bynum to play much better than he is right now before we can take BOS in a 7 gamer. IMHO if Bynum can play like he did right before he went down last season we should be able to beat BOS in a 7 game series.

Sorry, I have to disagree bro...Bynum doesn't even have to be great, he just needs to be big.

I think all Bynum has to do is stay out of foul trouble and shoot some shots and block some shots.

The Celtics beat the Lakers last year because of 3 things:
1) Pau & Odom - KG & Perkins are WAAY too big for Pau & Odom. Then off the bench they had the tough PJ Brown who gave Pau problems. Bynum & Pau take away the KG/Perk advantage. And off the bench, there's the rugged Josh Powell and Chris Mihm to deal with Powe and Big Baby.

2) Kobe vs Posey - Posey manhandled Kobe, he's gone now replaced by a much softer and smaller Tony Allen.

3) Paul Pierce - Lakers had nobody to guard Paul Pierce except Radmanovic whom Pierce torched. Kobe's way too small to guard Pierce and create offense for himself. With Ariza / Odom, Paul Pierce is no longer and issue.

Truthfully speaking, I think the Lakers are going to walk all over the Celtics. Only teams that will give the Lakers a hard time this year are the Cavs (LeBron), Pistons (AI).

mavsfan1000
11-21-2008, 04:18 PM
The lakers aren't that great. Take away their superstar shooting guard and their big frontline, they are nothing.

stretch
11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Did Cleveland pick up James Posey?

Cleveland does not have a premier perimeter defender either.

That wasn't the point. The point was, that Posey was the heart of their perimeter defense. Their perimeter defense won't be near as good come playoff time as it was last year.

Your point was that Cleveland would force Kobe and Gasol to become jump shooters and would close out on their other shooters. With or without Posey, Boston does that better than any team in the league.

We will see when the playoffs roll around. I personally don't think it will be as good. Especially because I feel their defensive stats look better because of their incredible offensive efficiency. The same way I feel the Lakers defense is overrated, and the Suns defensive stats in past years as well.

And, while Boston only has one superstar that consistently makes plays during the final 5 minutes of the game, they have two others that can carry the team offensively during the first 43 for long stretches. Cleveland relies on one superstar to carry the team offensively for the entire time he's on the court. Pierce had actually been playing pretty poorly the first 5 or so games in the season and the Celtics were still winning. Three is still better than one.

That's all great. I still say Cleveland is as tough, if not a tougher matchup for the Lakers than Boston.

Pistonfan1
11-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Sorry, I have to disagree bro...Bynum doesn't even have to be great, he just needs to be big.

I think all Bynum has to do is stay out of foul trouble and shoot some shots and block some shots.

The Celtics beat the Lakers last year because of 3 things:
1) Pau & Odom - KG & Perkins are WAAY too big for Pau & Odom. Then off the bench they had the tough PJ Brown who gave Pau problems. Bynum & Pau take away the KG/Perk advantage. And off the bench, there's the rugged Josh Powell and Chris Mihm to deal with Powe and Big Baby.

2) Kobe vs Posey - Posey manhandled Kobe, he's gone now replaced by a much softer and smaller Tony Allen.

3) Paul Pierce - Lakers had nobody to guard Paul Pierce except Radmanovic whom Pierce torched. Kobe's way too small to guard Pierce and create offense for himself. With Ariza / Odom, Paul Pierce is no longer and issue.

Truthfully speaking, I think the Lakers are going to walk all over the Celtics. Only teams that will give the Lakers a hard time this year are the Cavs (LeBron), Pistons (AI).

The lakers will have to play 2 on 5 against the Celtics or Pistons. Gasol is soft and he gets his points off ball movment plays while either being under the basket or by having a clear path to the basket. He wont post up against physical bigman because he is soft and weak. Odom is too inconsistent. Bynum must be a consistent #2 guy against either of those 2 teams because Gasol/Odom will be mostly MIA. The rest of your role players are either soft or are scrubs or will be easy to shut down. Not to mention the bigman depth for the Lakers just isnt all that good. Mihm sucks and Powell is worthless.

Odom/Ariza are going to make Pierce a non-factor? That is a joke right? Pierce is going to have his way with the Lakers. He is too strong and too good and the Lakers overall D isnt great or clutch when it truly matters. If you had Ron Artest, you could make that argument.

The Celtics/Pistons will make Kobe and Bynum do it by themselves which wont cut it. Lakers best shot against the east is if they do face the Cavs. Pistons/Celtics are too physical and too good defensivley where the Lakers would just be unable to hack. That and the Pistons/Celtics offense will be aggressive knowing that the Lakers D isnt truly that great.

Allanon
11-21-2008, 04:31 PM
The lakers will have to play 2 on 5 against the Celtics or Pistons. Gasol is soft and he gets his points off ball movment plays while either being under the basket or by having a clear path to the basket. He wont post up against physical bigman because he is soft and weak. Odom is too inconsistent. Bynum must be a consistent #2 guy against either of those 2 teams because Gasol/Odom will be mostly MIA. The rest of your role players are either soft or are scrubs or will be easy to shut down. Not to mention the bigman depth for the Lakers just isnt all that good. Mihm sucks and Powell is worthless.

Odom/Ariza are going to make Pierce a non-factor? That is a joke right? Pierce is going to have his way with the Lakers. He is too strong and too good and the Lakers overall D isnt great or clutch when it truly matters. If you had Ron Artest, you could make that argument.

The Celtics/Pistons will make Kobe and Bynum do it by themselves which wont cut it. Lakers best shot against the east is if they do face the Cavs. Pistons/Celtics are too physical and too good defensivley where the Lakers would just be unable to hack. That and the Pistons/Celtics offense will be aggressive knowing that the Lakers D isnt truly that great.

Pistons look to be a good matchup against the Lakers but my gut feeling is that the Celtics won't be. Fisher has struggled against AI for a decade now.

This year's Celtic team is nowhere as good as last year's Celtics. Lakers will pack the paint and let Rajon Rondo shoot Jumpers all night long.

For the Cavs, the Lakers have no way of stopping LeBron that I've seen so far.

Ghazi
11-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Call me a hater, but while I think the Lakers are the best in the west, I don't trust players like Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Sasha Vujacic, and Vlad Rad, and Odom to perform at a level capable of winning a championship.

Ghazi
11-21-2008, 04:33 PM
The Pistons are far inferior to the Celtics. I doubt they're a more difficult matchup for the Lakers than the Celtics.

Celtics went 6-2 against the Lakers last year, that's not a fluke. and TWO of those games were when bynum played.

21_Blessings
11-21-2008, 04:34 PM
What would a Dallas Mavericks fan know about winning championships?

Allanon
The Pistons are far inferior to the Celtics. I doubt they're a more difficult matchup for the Lakers than the Celtics.

Celtics went 6-2 against the Lakers last year, that's not a fluke. and TWO of those games were when bynum played.

There was Bynum in two games but no Gasol.

There were 4 games with Gasol but no Bynum.

The key is Odom's too small to play the 4 against KG/Perk.

21_Blessings

Pistonfan1
11-21-2008, 04:35 PM
We will see when the playoffs roll around. I personally don't think it will be as good. Especially because I feel their defensive stats look better because of their incredible offensive efficiency. The same way I feel the Lakers defense is overrated, and the Suns defensive stats in past years as well.

As much as I hate the fucking celtics, that comment is out of hate and denial on how great their D is. Celts O can be shit and downright atrocious in a game but their D will keep them in the game and give them a chance to come back and win. With or without Posey, that team is a GREAT suffocating defensive team. To call it inflated etc is just absurd.

Pistonfan1
11-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Pistons look to be a good matchup against the Lakers but my gut feeling is that the Celtics won't be. Fisher has struggled against AI for a decade now.

This year's Celtic team is nowhere as good as last year's Celtics. Lakers will pack the paint and let Rajon Rondo shoot Jumpers all night long.

For the Cavs, the Lakers have no way of stopping LeBron that I've seen so far.

Packing the paint with Bynum and who else? Gasol? Odom? Powell? Please. The Lakers d wont be able to keep the celts out of the paint. Lakers arent a very good defensive team to have great success with that against a team like Boston. They have more soft minded players than they do tough minded ones. Thats going to really hurt them in a series like that.

This years Celtic team looks as good as last year if you ask me. Yeah it's early but they are well coached and they look determined to repeat. Their D is doing what it did last year and they have that swagger of a defending championship team. They can play rough and rugged basketball, they can blow you out, they can play close and exciting type of games etc etc.

If the Celtics can attack the Pistons D...it sure as hell can attack the Lakers D. Pistons would have much better success at packing the paint than LA would.

Pistonfan1
11-21-2008, 04:48 PM
God damn it, I hate defending the fucking Celtics cuz I cant stand that team. This is one of the times I will ever like/root for the Celtics is when they are involved with the Lakers.

Allanon
11-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Packing the paint with Bynum and who else? Gasol? Odom? Powell? Please. The Lakers d wont be able to keep the celts out of the paint. Lakers arent a very good defensive team to have great success with that against a team like Boston. They have more soft minded players than they do tough minded ones. Thats going to really hurt them in a series like that.

The Lakers don't have to be that tough, they just have to be Big.

7'2 Bynum vs 6'10 280 pound Perkins
7'0 Pau vs 6'11 KG

Size kills, Odom couldn't handle either one of those guys last year. Lakers will win the paint instead of Celtics this year.

This years Celtic team looks as good as last year if you ask me. Yeah it's early but they are well coached and they look determined to repeat. Their D is doing what it did last year and they have that swagger of a defending championship team. They can play rough and rugged basketball, they can blow you out, they can play close and exciting type of games etc etc.

The biggest difference is in the win margin. They had a fluke game against the Pistons which bumped up their win margin but it's sitting at only 6 points and they've had a home heavy schedule. Last year they were stomping all over teams.

If the Celtics can attack the Pistons D...it sure as hell can attack the Lakers D. Pistons would have much better success at packing the paint than LA would.

Oddly enough, AI is the Piston's Answer for the Lakers but the Piston's weakness against the Celtics.

Bandwagon Fan
11-21-2008, 05:21 PM

:rollin Yeah, because when Pau owned Dirk in their last matchup Dirk really shows what a 'different story' it would be. You've pretty much shown you have no clue what your talking about but putting the Cavs above the Celtics as a Laker matchup. We proved last year that the only chance any team has against us is to shut down our offense, and the only Celtic defense was capable of that.

:rolleyes Just because the Pistons get forcibly penetrated in their hole by the Celtics doesnt mean the Lakers will. The Pistons defense is atrocious this year, I think they barely make the top half of the league. To top it off, the Celtics offense is horrible. We've already seen it several times this season, just put some pressure on Rondo, Perk, and the bench and the Celtics fall apart, the Pistons are pretty terrible for not exploiting that. The Hawks, Nuggets, Toronto, even Milwaukee showed that, only some of them werent able to take advantage offensively and put them away. The Lakers wont have a problem doing that.

JamStone
11-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Andrew Bynum helps with size, but his easy leap to superstardom has been greatly exaggerated. He got owned by Shaq last night, forcing him to commit foul after foul. He was getting owned by Nene. He couldn't even really hold his own with Joel Przybilla on opening night. And, the most telling match-up, Kwame Brown outplayed Andrew Bynum.

Size does kill. But, let's not overstate it, otherwise Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and Jerome James would have been putting some damage on the league the last few years.

I would not be ready to give the front court advantage to the Lakers in a match-up with the Celtics just yet.

JamStone
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
:rolleyes Just because the Pistons get forcibly penetrated in their hole by the Celtics doesnt mean the Lakers will. The Pistons defense is atrocious this year, I think they barely make the top half of the league. To top it off, the Celtics offense is horrible. We've already seen it several times this season, just put some pressure on Rondo, Perk, and the bench and the Celtics fall apart, the Pistons are pretty terrible for not exploiting that. The Hawks, Nuggets, Toronto, even Milwaukee showed that, only some of them werent able to take advantage offensively and put them away. The Lakers wont have a problem doing that.

The Celtics manhandled the Pistons easily. That should make the Lakers very wary considering how the Pistons completely manhandled the Lakers' big men.

Allanon
11-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Andrew Bynum helps with size, but his easy leap to superstardom has been greatly exaggerated. He got owned by Shaq last night, forcing him to commit foul after foul. He was getting owned by Nene. He couldn't even really hold his own with Joel Przybilla on opening night. And, the most telling match-up, Kwame Brown outplayed Andrew Bynum.

Size does kill. But, let's not overstate it, otherwise Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and Jerome James would have been putting some damage on the league the last few years.

I would not be ready to give the front court advantage to the Lakers in a match-up with the Celtics just yet.

Shaq owned Bynum for sure...way too much for Bynum to handle.

Against Denver, it wasn't Nene, rather it was Birdman that screwed Bynum. I'll chalk that one up as a fluke.

Bynum was weak on opening night against Pryz.

Kwame had a great night. I don't expect him to be that solid next time. I think the Piston game was pretty much all about AI, he made things much easier on the Piston bigs with his penetration. And AI will continue being a problem for the Lakers. I seriously would rather see the Celtics this year in the Finals than the AI led Pistons.

I'll call it now, Lakers are too much for the Celtics. The Lakers will beat the Celtics handily on Christmas day, y'all can laugh at me if it doesn't happen.

InRareForm
11-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Do people soon forget how Pau plays like a pussy in the playoffs/finals?

*waits for someone to insert: "But Bynum blah blah" excuse*

Bandwagon Fan
11-21-2008, 06:32 PM

The Celtics have Perkins :rolleyes and Garnett has fallen off massively since last year.

Im not sure wha you mean about getting owned, you mean hes not making as many shots :wtf Phil said from the beginning his role would be to play defensively and offense wasnt as important, and look at how low he's held other players well below their norms. My favorite was when he stuffed that basket into CP3's face twice in the same possesion :lol

The Celtics manhandled the Pistons easily. That should make the Lakers very wary considering how the Pistons completely manhandled the Lakers' big men.
:rolleyes That game can be summed up to you guys making your threes and us not. And if anything, it has more to do with Iverson and lazy defense on him.

Bandwagon Fan
11-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Do people soon forget how Pau plays like a pussy in the playoffs/finals?

*waits for someone to insert: "But Bynum blah blah" excuse*

Yeah, the same guy who owned the west + the Spurs in the playoffs. Timmy D sure couldnt save em' :lol

InRareForm
11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, the same guy who owned the west + the Spurs in the playoffs. Timmy D sure couldnt save em' :lol

2008 Boston NBA Champions

turiaf for president
11-21-2008, 07:35 PM
The lakers aren't that great. Take away their superstar shooting guard and their big frontline, they are nothing.

uh thats teh team bro. take away dirk and their back court and mavs suck

take away garnett and their wing guys, boston sucks

take away lebron and they suck.......

no shit sherlock. u take away kobe and the front line lakers have no one just like every other team would if u took away their 4 best players.....

mavsfan1000
11-21-2008, 07:54 PM
uh thats teh team bro. take away dirk and their back court and mavs suck

take away garnett and their wing guys, boston sucks

take away lebron and they suck.......

no shit sherlock. u take away kobe and the front line lakers have no one just like every other team would if u took away their 4 best players.....
I was doing my best Spursdynasty impersonation. I guess you were one of them that didn't get it.

Findog
11-21-2008, 07:59 PM
AND they have three stars capable of completely taking over the game offensively

Pierce and Allen, sure. Who is the third guy?

Findog
11-21-2008, 08:01 PM

What would 21 Blessings know about basketball?

LEONARD
11-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Am I the only one that would love to see a picture of SpursDynasty? :lol

Findog
11-22-2008, 07:14 PM

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/261251~Andy-Kaufman-Posters.jpg

Lakers_55
11-22-2008, 07:55 PM

he has about as much credibility as this guy so it's probably him.

http://www.badongo.com/t/640/4776545

Trainwreck2100
11-22-2008, 08:01 PM
If the lakers opponents made more shots like they are supposed to, the lakers lose.

mrspurs
11-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Lakers barring injuries are cruising threw the season just like I thought they would. They havnt even begun to start playing serious yet. And without the title of being last years Champions, imo teams bring more fire to Boston then to LA.

SpursDynasty
11-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Teams can shoot the ball well but still not be a very good team. Example: 2004-2005 Sonics, 2006-2007 Mavs, 2007-2008 Hornets, and the current Lakers.

Lakers_55
11-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Teams can shoot the ball well but still not be a very good team. Example: 2004-2005 Sonics, 2006-2007 Mavs, 2007-2008 Hornets, and the current Lakers.
username fixed.
A 10-1 record isn't a good team? Best record in the NBA at this point isn't a good team? The team that eliminated yours in the postseason 4 times this decade isn't good? Well, I guess the whole league sucks.

Spurtacus
11-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm embarassed that my username has something in common with the creator of this thread.

Can I get a username change please?

pauls931
11-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Hate to say it, but I think the Lakers are pretty damn good, they're the team to beat right now, and Boston in the east again.

gmartin02
11-22-2008, 09:42 PM
This was an extremely dumb comment...

The Celtics aren't that good - take away their superstar power forward and their back court, they are nothing...

The Cavs aren't that good - take away their superstar forward, they are nothing...

The 1990's Bulls weren't that good - take away their superstar shooting guard, , they are nothing...oh yeah - that is what happened in the Jordan "baseball years" 93-94, 94-95 - lost in the second round both years.

gmartin02
11-22-2008, 09:44 PM
But this years Lakers team is playing pretty good defense - those teams were pretty horrible defensively (except for steals)

gmartin02
11-22-2008, 09:46 PM
This thread is a fail - I think it is a vent by a very frustrated by injuries Spurs fan.

himat
11-22-2008, 09:47 PM
This has happened the 3 previous years. When the Pistons made the Finals in 2005 and lost they began the 2006 season 37-5. People were calling them the greatest thing, but we ended up losing in the ECF.

In the 2006 Finals the Mavs finally beat the Spurs and got a 2-0 lead in the Finals before losing to the Heat. The next season they almost win 70 games and they are also called the greatest thing, but they ended up losing in the FIRST round.

In 2008 the pattern stopped. The Cavs, the loser of the 2007 Finals, did not start off with an amazing record.

Now in 2009 the Lakers, the losers of the last NBA Finals have started off hot. They may be playing better than they are.

Basically, in recent years, the losers of the NBA Finals begin the next season on fire, but still have a tough time reclaiming the championship.

anakha
11-22-2008, 09:56 PM
This thread is a fail - I think it is a vent by a very frustrated by injuries Spurs fan.

It's his shtick.

ElNono
11-22-2008, 09:57 PM
It's too early to make any final judgments. By the All Star break we'll know who are the contenders and who are the pretenders...

Bandwagon Fan
11-22-2008, 10:14 PM
This has happened the 3 previous years. When the Pistons made the Finals in 2005 and lost they began the 2006 season 37-5. People were calling them the greatest thing, but we ended up losing in the ECF.

In the 2006 Finals the Mavs finally beat the Spurs and got a 2-0 lead in the Finals before losing to the Heat. The next season they almost win 70 games and they are also called the greatest thing, but they ended up losing in the FIRST round.

In 2008 the pattern stopped. The Cavs, the loser of the 2007 Finals, did not start off with an amazing record.

Now in 2009 the Lakers, the losers of the last NBA Finals have started off hot. They may be playing better than they are.

Basically, in recent years, the losers of the NBA Finals begin the next season on fire, but still have a tough time reclaiming the championship.
The Mavs started out 0-5. Fail. And dont compare the West to the leastern.

Bandwagon Fan
11-22-2008, 10:14 PM
This was an extremely dumb comment...

The Celtics aren't that good - take away their superstar power forward and their back court, they are nothing...

The Cavs aren't that good - take away their superstar forward, they are nothing...

The 1990's Bulls weren't that good - take away their superstar shooting guard, , they are nothing...oh yeah - that is what happened in the Jordan "baseball years" 93-94, 94-95 - lost in the second round both years.
No, I think he had the right idea.

himat
11-22-2008, 11:54 PM
The Mavs started out 0-5. Fail. And dont compare the West to the leastern.

But they finished 68-14. "Fail". And the leastern has a better record against the West this year too.

sook
11-23-2008, 12:03 AM
But they finished 68-14. "Fail". And the leastern has a better record against the West this year too.

Premature ejaculation...weak teams in the east got off to a hot start, basically flukes.

Do you really expect teams like houst, SA, Utah, and Phoenix to keep underperforming like this?

Notice that over half of those teams are giving their players rest, they know that its at the end of the season when they need their players most.

himat
11-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Premature ejaculation...weak teams in the east got off to a hot start, basically flukes.

Do you really expect teams like houst, SA, Utah, and Phoenix to keep underperforming like this?

Notice that over half of those teams are giving their players rest, they know that its at the end of the season when they need their players most.

I don't care about the East being better than the West. All I care about is the Detroit Pistons doing well.

Teams rest their players late in the season. Houston is not resting anybody they are just losing. SA is not resting anybody those guys are injured. Utah is not resting anybody because they are injured. Phoenix is the only team that rested a player and that's because that guy was Shaq.

Its not about the West underperforming. The East is just doing better overall right now.

Allanon
11-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Actually, the Western Elites are adjusting right now, except for the Hornets (they're just underperforming or over-performed last year depending on how you look at it.)

Houston - Artest In, Battier Out
Mavericks - Carlisle in, Avery Out
Suns - Terry Porter In, D'Antoni Out

Spurs - Injuries
Jazz - Injuries

Hornets - WTF?

Once the West teams get over this, they'll be fine. Mavericks already look to be on their way to righting their ship. Houston is almost there as are the Suns. Jazz will be fine in 1-2 weeks. Blazers are hitting their stride.

The West will be a scary place again come January.

dirk4mvp
11-23-2008, 12:36 AM
I love the unintentional creamage SD unleashes on new posters due to them taking him serious.

Purple & Gold
11-23-2008, 12:03 PM
If Bynum can stay healthy (still not a given) he will be the player in the post the Lakers need by the time the playoffs come around. His defense is there already and I'm confident his offense will come back to how he was playing before he got injured last year. The Lakers are still not as good as they will be by the end of the season. Scary for the rest of the League.

samikeyp
11-23-2008, 12:05 PM
y? is that more satisfying.

72-10 bulls lost to an expansion team that year (raptors)

didnt mean much

It did to the Raptors. :)

:lmao @ Laker fan taking SpursDynasty seriously.

Purple & Gold
11-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah SpursDynasty is SpursTalk's greatest poster

Biggems
11-23-2008, 01:05 PM
The Spurs need to simply get healthy and get in a groove with Manu, Parker, and Ian. Once they do, then I will worry about the Lakers....right now I am just concerned with staying afloat and keeping up with the rest of the pack.

We are not the only wounded team. The Jazz are dealing with injuries, also. There are a few other teams too. The entire West, except LAL and PHX is struggling.

I am actually a bit thankful that we have had to deal with these injuries so early. It has allowed valuable minutes for Hill, Mason, Bonner, Udoka, and Tolliver. It has allowed them to learn from several in game situations, either blowouts or down to the wire games.

The Lakers are playing at a very high level right now....so I have to give props to them. They haven't played every game great, but who does. They tend to struggle early in many of the games, but then completely take over in the second half. Moving Odom to the bench was as effective and masterful as when the Spurs moved Manu to the bench. I give a lot of credit to Odom for accepting this diminished role, I didn't think he had it in him.

GO SPURS GO

turiaf for president
11-23-2008, 04:41 PM

where are you getting this good shooting team bs from? uh newsflash, lakers are 11th in the league in shooting percentage and they are 10-1. so imagine if they are a top 5 shooting team, they will be that much more tougher to beat.

sook
11-23-2008, 05:42 PM
spursdynasty seriously needs to stop posting, i don't even think he's a Spurs fan, no way.

ThunderStix®
11-23-2008, 05:56 PM
If the Spurs make it to the playoffs healthy, I think we could see a scenario similar to the '95 Rockets. Roger Mason jr is playing unbelievable so far.

The Celtics are still the team to beat. Not the Lakers.

Allanon
11-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Celtics are gonna get waxed on Christmas day.

ThunderStix®
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM

Maybe, but what's more important is what happens in June.

SpursDynasty
11-23-2008, 06:51 PM
username fixed.
A 10-1 record isn't a good team? Best record in the NBA at this point isn't a good team? The team that eliminated yours in the postseason 4 times this decade isn't good? Well, I guess the whole league sucks.

No, no, and no. And most of it does with the exception of a few teams.

Findog
11-23-2008, 07:05 PM
spursdynasty seriously needs to stop posting, i don't even think he's a Spurs fan, no way.

SpursDynasty is the Andy Kaufman of this board. I wholeheartedly endorse his takes. :tu

Findog
11-23-2008, 07:06 PM
SpursDynasty has unleashed some epic ownage in this thread.

Biernutz
11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Wikipedia Encyclopedia:

A sports (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport) dynasty is a team that dominates their sport or league for multiple seasons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_%28sports%29) or years. Such dominance is often only realized in retrospect. Whether a team has achieved a dynasty is often subjective (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivity), and can be a frequent topic of debate among sports fans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_%28aficionado%29). Some argue that a dynasty requires consecutive championships over a period of time, as in the case of UCLA Bruins men's basketball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCLA_Bruins_men%27s_basketball) from 1964 to 1975, others suggest that non-consecutive championships are sufficient, as in the case of the Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_Raiders) of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and some feel that a team must simply dominate its league but need not win championships, as in the case of the Buffalo Bills (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bills) of the early 1990s who lost four consecutive Super Bowls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl). Some leagues maintain official lists of dynasties, often as part of a Hall of fame (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_of_fame) (e.g. National Hockey League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hockey_League)).

*The Spurs are listed on this page as a NBA Dynasty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_dynasty

Lakers_55
11-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Wikipedia Encyclopedia:

A sports (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport) dynasty is a team that dominates their sport or league for multiple seasons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_%28sports%29) or years. Such dominance is often only realized in retrospect. Whether a team has achieved a dynasty is often subjective (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivity), and can be a frequent topic of debate among sports fans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_%28aficionado%29). Some argue that a dynasty requires consecutive championships over a period of time, as in the case of UCLA Bruins men's basketball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCLA_Bruins_men%27s_basketball) from 1964 to 1975, others suggest that non-consecutive championships are sufficient, as in the case of the Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_Raiders) of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and some feel that a team must simply dominate its league but need not win championships, as in the case of the Buffalo Bills (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bills) of the early 1990s who lost four consecutive Super Bowls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl). Some leagues maintain official lists of dynasties, often as part of a Hall of fame (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_of_fame) (e.g. National Hockey League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hockey_League)).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_dynasty

So, just win back-to-back and end the debate. Most people do not consider the Spurs a dynasty. Hell, Lakers won 4 titles in 8 years, 80, 82, 85, and 87, and no one would consider us a dynasty until we repeated, which we did in 1988.

duncan228
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Were Bird's Celtics a dynasty? :wakeup

Lakers_55
11-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Were Bird's Celtics a dynasty? :wakeup

nope, 3 titles in 6 years; 81, 84, 86.

duncan228
11-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Of course they were.

nope, 3 titles in 6 years; 81, 84, 86.

Those that consider Bird's Celtics a dynasty usually consider the Spurs a dynasty. It's subjective, there's no 'rule' that says the repeat is what deterimines it.

Lakers_55
11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Those that consider Bird's Celtics a dynasty usually consider the Spurs a dynasty. It's subjective, there's no 'rule' that says the repeat is what deterimines it.

There is no rule as there is no official definition of dynasty. However, there is a majority opinion and it is stacked heavily against teams that fail to repeat. If you repeat, almost everyone will consider you a dynasty, as long as you have a sustained drive with multiple titles over several years. Pistons of 89-90 and Rockets of 94-95, no. Anyone can call any team a dynasty if they want, but convincing everyone is the catch. A back-to-back is critical, because it shows you met all challenges thrown at you.

By Wiki above, we could call the Lakers of the 60's a dynasty even though they lost every final series they played in. Forget that, Celtics were the dynasty.

duncan228
11-23-2008, 08:32 PM
There is majority opinion, and that's what it is. Opinion. Fans will do as fans will.

I considered Bird's Celtics a dynasty then, I was a Bird/Celtics fan before Duncan and the Spurs. I flirted with the dynasty label when the Spurs won their third, the fourth cemented it for me. I would love to see them repeat in the Duncan era, but if it doesn't happen their status won't change for me. Four Titles in less than a decade are incredible in this fan's opinion. :)

duncan228
11-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Besides, what a nice problem to have; whether your team is considered a dynasty or not in the majority opinion. There are plenty of fans whose teams never win one, much less four.

Lakers_55
11-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Besides, what a nice problem to have; whether your team is considered a dynasty or not in the majority opinion. There are plenty of fans whose teams never win one, much less four.

Yeah, that's tragic. With 30 teams in every major sport plenty of fans will never see their team win it all. Some teams will win frequently, and some like the Cubs may never.

Greg Oden
11-23-2008, 09:02 PM

Yeah, I mean, it's got to be a great feeling knowing you picked 2 straight bandwagons that were highly successful while you were riding them. Hey, the wagons you've rode so far haven't been able to repeat, but you damn sure have. Congratulations. I bet you can't wait till you change your name to lebron228 and start rooting for the Knicks. Here's to them repeating :toast

duncan228
11-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I mean, it's got to be a great feeling knowing you picked 2 straight bandwagons that were highly successful while you were riding them. Hey, the wagons you've rode so far haven't been able to repeat, but you damn sure have. Congratulations. I bet you can't wait till you change your name to lebron228 and start rooting for the Knicks. Here's to them repeating :toast

Grew up in New England, hometown Celtics fan before Bird, but he was the reason I became a real NBA fan. Saw him play his rookie year in the old Garden and I was hooked. By the way, that would be before he won anything.

As for Duncan, I've followed him his entire career. Again, that would be before he won with the Spurs.

I stood by Bird whether he won or lost and I do the same with Duncan. If I was a bandwagon fan I'd be riding with the Lakers, which is where I live. :)

Greg Oden
11-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Grew up in New England, hometown Celtics fan before Bird, but he was the reason I became a real NBA fan. Saw him play his rookie year in the old Garden and I was hooked. By the way, that would be before he won anything.

As for Duncan, I've followed him his entire career. Again, that would be before he won with the Spurs.

I stood by Bird whether he won or lost and I do the same with Duncan. If I was a bandwagon fan I'd be riding with the Lakers, which is where I live. :)

Will you still root for the Spurs after Duncan retires? Don't worry, I'll save you a seat of the Blazers wagon :toast

MarHill
11-23-2008, 09:19 PM

C'mon now!!

That game doesn't mean anything!!

Beat them in June....then you will be saying something!!

:flag:

duncan228
11-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Will you still root for the Spurs after Duncan retires? Don't worry, I'll save you a seat of the Blazers wagon :toast

:lol Thanks.

Yeah, I'll still root for the Spurs.

Bandwagon Fan
11-24-2008, 02:38 AM
:lol Yeah 12 games in. Dont worry, you guys are still the leastern. And the 0-5 was the better barometer, so your apology = fail.

2008 Boston NBA Champions
Spurs 2008 Western Conference Failures.

Lakers were a Dynast, Bulls were a Dynasty, no questions asked.

Spurs are a questionable dynasty, Boston is a questionable dynasty. We have two tiers here and one is superior to the other.

So is this.

are considered a dynasty by many, [17][18] [19] but not by others [20] [21] because they have yet to win consecutive titles.

If the Spurs make it to the playoffs healthy, I think we could see a scenario similar to the '95 Rockets. Roger Mason jr is playing unbelievable so far.

The Celtics are still the team to beat. Not the Lakers.
At least the Lakers are in the conversation, Detroit isnt even in the mix.

bostonguy
11-24-2008, 03:25 AM

Hey esse if that gets me fucking tacos, it will only add to this vatos wonderful experience at staples. :blah

Armando
11-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Boston is still the team to beat. Everyone else including the Lakers are a distant second.

Killakobe81
11-24-2008, 12:09 PM
this. Boston is still the best team in the league until proven otherwise. Until the Lakers show me that they can play with BOS and beat them nothing else matters.

Agreed ...you Western teams can say what you want but the 34teams in order that will play us toughest ... Boston, Detroit, Cleveland and then Spurs but since Spurs are not healthy i put them 4th ...Boston will most likely take out the rest of the top 3 on that list and if we get the others in a 7 game series i think we win but Detroit's strengths are a hrader matchup than Cleveland's

As for Spurs IF they get healthy they always play as tough but more times than not we have beaten them in the playoffs IF we are healthy as well we win in 7 ...

Killakobe81
11-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Boston is still the team to beat. Everyone else including the Lakers are a distant second.

We 2nd but it's not Distant I also dont think Cleveland is that far away either ...

Armando
11-24-2008, 12:16 PM
We 2nd but it's not Distant I also dont think Cleveland is that far away either ...

Maybe distant is a little too much especially for the Lakers but I still don't think Cavs have enough to beat them. Even though I still think Gasol will be manhandle by Garnett,Powe,Davis. Forgot to include Perkins.

TheMadHatter
11-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Maybe distant is a little too much especially for the Lakers but I still don't think Cavs have enough to beat them. Even though I still think Gasol will be manhandle by Garnett,Powe,Davis.

Actually Gasol did quite well against KG. Gasol has problems with big, strong, bulky C/PF defeners. Garnett doesn't exactly fit into that category.

And with Bynum down low Garnett won't be able to free-lance as much.

Allanon
11-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey esse if that gets me fucking tacos, it will only add to this vatos wonderful experience at staples. :blah

Oh shit, you're one of those beer-holding Mexicans :D

If the Lakers win, you REALLY get to have the Staples Center experience. If the Lakers lose, you get to watch as the Laker fans suicide all over the place.

Enjoy the game, either way you win you lucky bastard.

Armando
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
I thought the Lakers played at Us Airways Center

Killakobe81
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Actually, the Western Elites are adjusting right now, except for the Hornets (they're just underperforming or over-performed last year depending on how you look at it.)

Houston - Artest In, Battier Out
Mavericks - Carlisle in, Avery Out
Suns - Terry Porter In, D'Antoni Out

Spurs - Injuries
Jazz - Injuries

Hornets - WTF?

Once the West teams get over this, they'll be fine. Mavericks already look to be on their way to righting their ship. Houston is almost there as are the Suns. Jazz will be fine in 1-2 weeks. Blazers are hitting their stride.

The West will be a scary place again come January.

Great post I agree everyone save Charles Barkley is ready to say East is back but Hawks and Raptors have come crashing back 2 earth already... West will still be tougher especially if MAvs can stay hot and NO figures things out ...Also Denver won't go quietly either

Armando
11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Great post I agree everyone save Charles Barkley already to say East is back but Hawks and Raptors have come crashing back 2 earth already West will still be tougher especially if MAvs can stay hot and NO figures things out ...Also Denver what go quietly either

The East will still be better then last year. Boston are the champs. D'Antoni will at least make the East more fun to watch with is run and gun offense. And don't forget that Wade guy in Miami who is heathy this season. Plus Rose and Beasly. Ditto LeBron and D12.

Killakobe81
11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
The East will still be better then last year. Boston are the champs. D'Antoni will at least make the East more fun to watch with is run and gun offense. And don't forget that Wade guy in Miami who is heathy this season. Plus Rose and Beasly. Ditto LeBron and D12.

I agree better ...but teams are still weak. Wade is helthy D12 is a BEAST ...but Heat loses with wade pitting up 40 pts and 12 assists ...Howard's team relies WAYYY too much on 3's ...in EAst I still think Cavs are 2nd best to the Celts and Hawks when healthy are the darkkorse sleeper team lurking ...rest of East even Detroit is suspect ...

IronMexican
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I agree better ...but teams are still weak. Wade is helthy D12 is a BEAST ...but Heat loses with wade pitting up 40 pts and 12 assists ...Howard's team relies WAYYY too much on 3's ...in EAst I still think Cavs are 2nd best to the Celts and Hawks when healthy are the darkkorse sleeper team lurking ...rest of East even Detroit is suspect ...

Agreed on all accounts. I still wonder why the Magic didn't try to trade Hedo for a legit PF.

Darrin
11-25-2008, 11:09 AM

They are quick, they pass, and every last player can put the ball on the floor and drive as much as they can rebound and find the open man. They are all that good. They know the triangle and if you need a breakdown of who is doing what, I'd be more than glad to give you more details.

jodeke
01-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Why aren't some of these teams taking it to the Lakers? They're making attempts but the Lakers are starting to gell.
There are plenty of teams (including Phoenix tonight) that are more talented and better than the Lakers. You're kidding right?

Why are teams repeatedly not showing up to play against them? Are Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, and Jordan Farmar really that intimidating?
No, they are still adjusting to playing together.

Why are they playing scared? It's like the 2006-2007 BS we saw with the Mavs. They were making their shots, shooting the ball well, and had most teams play like junk against them. It took a team that barely got the 8th seed to just go out there and play some real basketball, to get rid of them.

Don't bet the condo.

It's time for the league to step up against these jokers.I think Boston's the threat. KG said the last game was just a regular season. In reality it was a statement game evidenced by the slide they took after the loss.:lmao

IronMexican
01-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Bumping old threads 5 posts in. Good start!

ipeefreely
01-25-2009, 07:10 PM

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

What a turd you are, are you still licking those wounds from that BEATDOWN you just got on national TV?
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Open mouth insert keyboard or kokk either one....:lmao:downspin:

ClingingMars
01-25-2009, 07:13 PM
premature ejaculation thread on both sides

-Mars

BlackSwordsMan
01-25-2009, 09:08 PM
lakers just made some shots

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 01:32 AM
lakers just made some shots

isnt that the name of the game....

Lakers999
01-26-2009, 01:33 AM
also... In actuality the Lakers are the team to beat... primarily Boston is missing a key to their championship last season and his name is none other than James Posey. he was their savior of that series especially in game 4 when we were up by 22

LEONARD
01-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Typical SpursDynasty prediction FAIL...