PDA

View Full Version : What/who could the Suns get by trading A'm'a'r~'r'e?

jrod1986
11-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Ugh, I just don't think this is a guy that the Suns can hitch their wagon to take them to a title (not that I really considered them a contender this year).

The Dude to me is on the wrong side of substance/style. Sure, he'll have some highlight-reel dunks and a great game ever once and awhile, but I don't thin the Suns can count on him in the long run. He can't defend, doesn't possess a good b-ball IQ, (let's leave is real IQ out of this, okay? haha) and in general just seems to take nights off. His 20-25 points he scores a night just seem so 'empty' to me.

Anyway, not that most of you guys care, but what do you think the Suns could fetch in a trade for Mr. Stoudemire?

Bandwagon Fan
11-21-2008, 02:06 AM
I think that BJhornets guy wants to get rid of west. Maybe him and shaq for peja and west,

JamStone
11-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries works out money wise.

peskypesky
11-21-2008, 02:30 AM
Ugh, I just don't think this is a guy that the Suns can hitch their wagon to take them to a title (not that I really considered them a contender this year).

The Dude to me is on the wrong side of substance/style. Sure, he'll have some highlight-reel dunks and a great game ever once and awhile, but I don't thin the Suns can count on him in the long run. He can't defend, doesn't possess a good b-ball IQ, (let's leave is real IQ out of this, okay? haha) and in general just seems to take nights off. His 20-25 points he scores a night just seem so 'empty' to me.

Anyway, not that most of you guys care, but what do you think the Suns could fetch in a trade for Mr. Stoudemire?

Well, Amare may be flawed, but he's still a force in the post, and there are not many big men in the league who are. So I definitely think the Suns need to hold on to him.

But if you insist, we'll give you Oberto, Bonner and Thomas for him. :)

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 02:32 AM
Luke Walton, Vlad Rad, and Sasha!

Bandwagon Fan
11-21-2008, 03:47 AM
Luke Walton, Vlad Rad, and Sasha!
We need all three of those people. We'd need to trade another PG, but honestly what we need is a star SF and possibly a PG.

angelbelow
11-21-2008, 04:38 AM
you can have vaughn, bonner, bowen, udoka, finley, and 1st round pick for 2010. oh and kurt thomas.

Kamnik
11-21-2008, 08:27 AM
No sence in making trades right now...

But if they fail in the playoffs this year they should rebuild and get rid of all the veteran players.

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 10:23 AM
We need all three of those people. We'd need to trade another PG, but honestly what we need is a star SF and possibly a PG.

I wanted to trade Odom for a legit SF forever.

monosylab1k
11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Kwame Brown

turiaf for president
11-21-2008, 10:26 AM
amare for crawford and curry. u guy shaq replacement interms of size, and a sg/sf combo in crawford. knicks get a star to attract lebron in 2010 and amare's contract ends then too if im not mistaken. they can try do what the clippers tried to do by signing lebron and then signing their own FA (amare)

jrod1986
11-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Kwame Brown

Funny, I was thinking more along the lines of Erick Dampier.

dirk4mvp
11-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Funny, I was thinking more along the lines of Erick Dampier.

Mavericks aren't looking to get ripped off.

JMarkJohns
11-21-2008, 02:57 PM
You coud have had KG...:lol

Minnesota turned down the Amare package for two reasons. First, Phoenix insistence that Banks' terrible contract be included and second, because of Amare's microfracture.

KG for Amare was never an option.

Marion/Thomas/Atl 1st (when it was thought to be a likely top-5) was the most likely trade scenario Phoenix had for KG... which was never likely at all, really.

There was a trade proposal involving that Amare/Banks package that was made and it had Gasol/Miller/Lowry heading to Phoenix.

Not sure why this never happened, but I've been told through my UA connections that Kerr and Sarver considered this. Maybe Memphis backed out?

Aside from deals for Garnett and Gasol/Miller, the only other time Amare was offered was with Diaw and the Atl 1st or with Barbosa and filler for Kobe.

Those offers were made and each was rejected in a matter of seconds. This was two offseasons ago when Kobe was pitching a fit.

As for now, it seems that Porter isn't utilizing Amare properly. Several Suns fans have been critical of this one a few other boards.

I don't think the Suns will ever get full value for Amare, so they really can't trade him. I think he's a top-5 player in the League offensively and is someone that can be built around. However, I'm not sure that the combination of Kerr/Sarver are smart/willing enough to construct a Title-contending team.

I say keep him until his contract runs out. He can build his offensive reputation over the next two seasons, opt-out, and then Phoenix can explore sign-n-trade possibilities, or, with next to nothing on the CAP, explore FA options such as Bosh and Wade to build around.

JamStone
11-21-2008, 03:14 PM
but honestly what we need is a star SF

Last thing the Lakers need is a "star" SF. They need a solid role-playing small forward who can hit open jumpers and play great individual and team defense. They basically need a Raja Bell type player but 3-4 inches taller. Thing is, the Lakers may have already found that type of guy on their roster in Trevor Ariza. A "star" SF would actually hurt the Lakers in some ways in terms of shot distribution and offensive balance. What they need is a banger down low playing behind Bynum and Gasol. When the game gets ugly, they need a guy that can lay some wood on the other team, block some shots, deliver hard fouls and really bang up bodies. They need a Ben Wallace type player of 4 years ago, or Alonzo Mourning of several years back for just 15-20 back up minutes in the front court. The Lakers do not need a star SF.

KidCongo
11-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Wally