PDA

View Full Version : Man shoots, kills pit bulls after they attack his dog

nsrammstein
11-21-2008, 02:29 PM
man shoots, kills pit bulls after they attack his dog
by Jeff Adelson, The Times-Picayune
Wednesday November 19, 2008, 8:02 AM

A Slidell man shot and killed his neighbor's pit bulls after they attacked him and his dog Tuesday afternoon, authorities said.

The man was in his home on Maris Stella Street about 1 p.m. when he saw the two pit bulls enter his yard and attack his dog, Slidell Police Lt. Ray Dupuy said on the scene. The man's dog appeared to be a Labrador-rottweiler mix, Dupuy said.

The man rushed in to protect his dog, at which point the pit bulls turned on him, Dupuy said. He then went inside and got a handgun, shooting both dogs when they tried to attack him a second time, the officer said.

A neighbor called police after hearing the shots. The shooter's dog was taken to an animal hospital for treatment, and its condition is unknown, Dupuy said.

Police did not plan on citing the shooter, who police determined was acting in self-defense, Dupuy said. The city's Animal Services Department would have to determine whether the owner of the pit bulls should be cited for improperly containing his animals, he said.

Authorities on the scene declined to name the dogs or their owners.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-21-2008, 02:43 PM
well played.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Authorities on the scene declined to name the dogs or their owners.

Poorly worded. Makes it sound like the cops had the right to arrive on the scene and say, "This one will be called Bob Barker, and this one looks like a Muffin to me."

BacktoBasics
11-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Doesn't count if it happens in LA

Biernutz
11-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Poorly worded. Makes it sound like the cops had the right to arrive on the scene and say, "This one will be called Bob Barker, and this one looks like a Muffin to me."

Pit bulls are just guilty. That is just the way it is. The carry a full clip in their mouth and it's locked and loaded. They are not afraid to use it at anytime.

Borosai
11-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Shoot the owner too... or at least maul him/her a bit.

AlamoSpursFan
11-22-2008, 01:52 AM
My brother-in-law's dog (boxer) came into my yard the other day and attacked my dog (7 month old chow/golden mix) without provocation. I chased his ass back across the street, brought my pup inside and called Mrs. ASF's friend (a Wilson County sheriff's deputy) to find out what my options were. She said if the dog comes on to my property and attacks my animals (or even if it destroys my property), I am well within my rights to use any means necessary to defend them.

I have a special bullet with that damn dog's name on it. All I need is to catch the sumbitch on my side of the street... heh heh heh heh...

Flight3107
11-22-2008, 02:47 AM
Pit bulls are just guilty.

Moron

lefty
11-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Fuck pittbulls

They all deserve to be Michaelvicked

Obstructed_View
11-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Those poor misunderstood dogs. Ignorant meanies and their guns.

http://cdn-www.dailypuppy.com/media/dogs/anonymous/pitbull.jpg_w450.jpg
Pwease stop kiwwing us!

CubanSucks
11-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Fuck pittbulls

They all deserve to be Michaelvicked

Fuck you you giant cunt what the fuck do you know besides stories picked out to be published only because the villainess dog was a pitbull

Obstructed_View
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Fuck you you giant cunt what the fuck do you know besides stories picked out to be published only because the villainess dog was a pitbull

:lol Yeah, the liberal media just ignores all those Golden Retriever attacks. Fuckers.

CubanSucks
11-25-2008, 02:32 AM
:lol Yeah, the liberal media just ignores all those Golden Retriever attacks. Fuckers.

Ummm yeah, pretty much my point exactly. I wouldn't put the blame so much on "liberal media" or golden retrievers but anyways...nice try at sarcasm you dick.

RandomGuy
11-25-2008, 09:48 AM

Any dog breed will turn nasty if they aren't raised right, and many do.

Pitbulls stand out for their ability to do damage when they aren't raised right.

All other things equal, I doubt a poorly-raised chihuahua attacking anybody is going to do enough damage to make a news story, do you?

I Love Me Some Me
11-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Good.

Shaolin-Style
11-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Good job, and glad no lame charges were brought up on the guy.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Pitbulls are sweet.....

depending on what marinade you use.

I. Hustle
11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Bring me a pitbull. I'd fight it.

Bigzax
11-25-2008, 01:41 PM
poorly-raised chihuahua

:lmao

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Ummm yeah, pretty much my point exactly. I wouldn't put the blame so much on "liberal media" or golden retrievers but anyways...nice try at sarcasm you dick.

Sorry, I thought your point was "fuck you you giant cunt what the fuck do you know" and then you said something really stupid. Please forgive me for failing to see the clever bit. What was the clever bit, again?

ehz33satx
11-26-2008, 04:14 AM

Don't forget those ravenous packs of chihuahuas prowling the streets.