PDA

View Full Version : Zach Randolph Traded!!!!! To the Clippers

monosylab1k
11-21-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/11/21/2008-11-21_knicks_trade_jamal_crawford_for_al_harri.html

Knicks trade Jamal Crawford for Al Harrington, ship Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to Clippers

BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Friday, November 21st 2008, 3:59 PM

The Knicks completed a wild day of trading on Friday when they sent Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to the Clippers for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley. The deal comes less than two hours after Donnie Walsh traded Jamal Crawford to the Warriors for Al Harrington.

sribb43
11-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Ok...so know the Clips have Z-Bo, Camby and Kaman

monosylab1k
11-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Clippers are gonna trade Kaman soon, no doubt about that.

The Franchise
11-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Jamal Crawford filled that hole for Monte Ellis better than Monte Ellis. When they get healthy they are going to be dangerous.

JamStone
Kaman to Charlotte for some package including Gerald Wallace or Jason Richardson?

sribb43
I dont know what the Clippers are doing. Dunleavy as GM is just as bad as Elgin Baylor

JamStone
11-21-2008, 04:12 PM
If Walsh can trick some team to trade for Eddy Curry for a contract that also ends before 2010, then he's Billy Madison.

sribb43
11-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Donnie now is the time...offer up Stack/Bass for Kaman see what the Clips say

Darthkiller
11-21-2008, 04:27 PM
lol the knicks with no center now

sribb43
11-21-2008, 04:28 PM
lol the knicks with no center now

Time to activate Jerome James:lmao

sribb43
11-21-2008, 04:32 PM
David Lee's fantasy value went up...he is the only big left on that roster that can play

LEONARD
11-21-2008, 04:36 PM
My buddy at HDNet is going to talk to Mark about Kaman as soon as he gets off the phone… :fro

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-21-2008, 04:38 PM
That would be worth watching. The only thing that fat fuck could handle in seven seconds or less is a Big Mac.

sribb43
11-21-2008, 04:40 PM
That would be worth watching. The only thing that fat fuck could handle in seven seconds or less is a Big Mac.

:lmao

timvp
11-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Duhon
Mobley
QRich
Chandler
Harrington

D'Antoni's chode probably exploded when Walsh told him about the new small ball lineup he can trot out there.

MrChug
11-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Kaman to Charlotte for some package including Gerald Wallace or Jason Richardson?

I dunno, but the Clips are pretty high on Al Thornton. Good player.

MarHill
11-21-2008, 04:56 PM

That is possible!

Charlotte is looking for front court scoring because they wanted McDyess.

AFBlue
11-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Kaman will get them some backcourt help for B-Diddy. The other Davis hasn't been much help and Gordon isn't ready to contribute at a high level yet.

J-Rich for Kaman sounds very plausible.

BlackSwordsMan
11-21-2008, 05:00 PM
bonner,vaughn,and all of d-toros for kaman?

FromWayDowntown
11-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Somehow, Zach Randolph always seemed destined for the attitudinal hellhole that is Clipperland. With that said, the Clippers have found a homeless man's Elton Brand and now have some front court depth to use either situationally or to find cures for other problems.

Meanwhile, there's no doubt that Donnie Walsh is now moving at warp speed to clean up the Isiah mess. If he moves out Marbury within the next week and can find a taker for Curry, he'll be virtually a miracle worker. Randolph and Crawford were both on the line for big money in 2010-11 (obviously inconsistent with the Lebron pursuit) and every contract that Walsh acquired today expires in 2009-10. At that, each of those contracts is attached to players who are more readily moveable before the trade deadline in 2009, if the Knicks so choose.

But with these deals, the Knicks have freed up something like $27.4 million that would have been on the books during the summer of 2010; all of the $26 million in deals that they took back will expire at the end of the 09-10 season.

JamStone
11-21-2008, 05:15 PM
What if it's not LeBron at all that's in the minds of D'Antoni and Walsh, and they make a play for both Amare Stoudemire and Joe Johnson? Could be Phoenix East.

Showtime24 LAKERS
11-21-2008, 05:29 PM
The knicks actually have a sense of direction now. they are really gearing up for 2010 free agent class... in a very big way.

jamal crawford was gonna get $10,080,000 in 2010.
Zach randoplh was gonna get $17,333,333 in 2010.
mardy collins had a qualifying offer of $2,701,543 in 2010

they just traded 30 million away.

now the Flipside.
al harrington is off the cap in 2010
tim thomas is off the book in 2010
mobley is off the book in 2010

translation?

they just freed 30million in 2010.
and will only have 17 million under contract.(jared jefferies and curry both with player options)

Paul Pierce Boston Unrestricted F.A.
Jason Richardson Charlotte Unrestricted F.A.
LeBron James Cleveland Unrestricted F.A.
Josh Howard Dallas Unrestricted F.A.
Dirk Nowitzki Dallas Unrestricted F.A.
Tayshaun Prince Detroit Unrestricted F.A.
Shane Battier Houston Unrestricted F.A.
Ming Yao Houston Unrestricted F.A.
Kobe Bryant L.A. Lakers Unrestricted F.A.
Pau Gasol L.A. Lakers Unrestricted F.A.
Dwyane Wade Miami Unrestricted F.A.
Richard Jefferson Milwaukee Unrestricted F.A.
Michael Redd Milwaukee Unrestricted F.A.
Tyson Chandler New Orleans Unrestricted F.A.
Amare Stoudemire Phoenix Unrestricted F.A.
Tony Parker San Antonio Unrestricted F.A.
Chris Bosh Toronto Unrestricted F.A.
Andrei Kirilenko Utah Unrestricted F.A.
Dwayne Wade Miami Unrestricted F.A.
Caron Butler Washington Unrestricted F.A.

they have the potential to sign both BOSH and LBJ...

and if by some miracle Walsh can trade eddy curry for expiring Ks?

they can land LBJ/Bosh and Dwayne Wade.

if i'm LBJ and Walsh straight up calls me and says... LBJ/Wade/Bosh... the New york Knicks of 2010... no way do I turn that down... NO WAY.
same for wade and bosh.

turiaf for president
11-21-2008, 07:01 PM
clippers trying to set a 3 big man rotation like their big brother lakers? i think kaman is gonna get traded. something has to be in the works for them to get z bo

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Kaman is gonna be a Mav. Knicks rape in this trade. They are setting themselves up for two superstars.

Findog
11-21-2008, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=IronMexican;2916822]Kaman is gonna be a Mav.

I've got basketball blue balls waiting for this happen. I don't ask for much God, but can we please get the Caveman to Dallas?

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE]

I've got basketball blue balls waiting for this happen. I don't ask for much God, but can we please get the Caveman to Dallas?

Who else is in the running? Bobcats, and that's about it.

turiaf for president
11-21-2008, 07:07 PM
who would they get back in return? stackhouse and bass? lol. i dont think baylor will do that trade. stackhouse is another version of mobley. i think j rich or wallace from the bobcats or gordon and gooden from the bulls or hinrich is more plausible

dirk4mvp
11-21-2008, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE]

I declare everyone jizzes in SpursDynasty's cereal if Kama to the Mavs happens.

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 07:08 PM
who would they get back in return? stackhouse and bass? lol. i dont think baylor will do that trade. stackhouse is another version of mobley. i think j rich or wallace from the bobcats or gordon and gooden from the bulls or hinrich is more plausible

Baylor is gone.

monosylab1k
11-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Kaman isn't coming to Dallas. Donnie Nelson will "try real hard" and be "very active" in trade talks that result in dick.

Findog
11-21-2008, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=Findog;2916827]

Who else is in the running? Bobcats, and that's about it.

It's just that Mark and Donnie "love our team," even if nobody else does. I very much doubt Kaman is that last piece that helps us match up with the Lake Show, but I think it would instantly give us a leg up on second place in the West.

Findog
11-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Kaman isn't coming to Dallas. Donnie Nelson will "try real hard" and be "very active" in trade talks that result in dick.

Most likely. Pisses me off - they have the 7th best team in the West right now. Kaman would make us the 2nd-best team.

turiaf for president
11-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Baylor is gone.

ahh yes. i meant sterling lol. everyone knows hes money pinching and always was in charge of personnel moves

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Most likely. Pisses me off - they have the 7th best team in the West right now. Kaman would make us the 2nd-best team.

It would put you guys up there with Phoenix. I still think Utah is the second best, and right up there with LA

monosylab1k
11-21-2008, 07:19 PM

The only hope we have is that the Mavs are waiting till Dec. 15 to make a move, that way guys like Diop and Dick Breath can be used.

Indazone
11-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Keep those balls blue cause Cubes is gonna stand pat. He still see's the Mav's as an elite team. Go Kidd!

dirk4mvp
11-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Keep those balls blue cause Cubes is gonna stand pat. He still see's the Mav's as an elite team. Go Kidd!

The Mavs are about as bad as the Rockets are. Kaman would put the Mavs in the top 3 of the West.

monosylab1k
11-21-2008, 07:39 PM

You're the one with a sig begging your team to sign a 50 year old.

mystargtr34
11-21-2008, 07:52 PM
If the Mavs get Kaman they would probably have to give up Howard. But if Green can step up and contribute 10 PPG and be fairly consistent.....

Kaman
Dirk
Wright
Terry
Kidd

I think you have to start Terry which leaves the bench pretty shitty, unless you guys can steal him without giving up Howard.

mystargtr34
11-21-2008, 07:52 PM
That would be a pretty good starting unit but not much else.

Ghazi
11-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Kaman for Howard is such a lateral move.

Mavs fans, don't undervalue our beloved Josh Howard. Kaman is good, but not that good.

Ghazi
11-21-2008, 08:18 PM
It would put you guys up there with Phoenix. I still think Utah is the second best, and right up there with LA

UP there with Phoenix? It's arguable that we're better than Phoenix as presently constructed. They've shown NOTHING against the Hornets, Rockets, and Lakers.

Ghazi
11-21-2008, 08:21 PM

Mono you seem to forget about the Kidd deal. The team took a risk, it didn't stand pat LAST year. It hasn't paid immediate dividends, but you can't say we didn't try.

Anywho, if this team keeps looking like it has been, and it reflects in the record, I doubt the front office will stand pat, unless they're surrendering the season. Whether its a reliable bench player, a shooting guard, or a center, backup PG, etc I think this team will acquire 1-2 extra pieces over the course of the season.

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 08:29 PM
UP there with Phoenix? It's arguable that we're better than Phoenix as presently constructed. They've shown NOTHING against the Hornets, Rockets, and Lakers.

I haven't saw them play Houston, but you could be right. I think New Orleans and Houston came into this season WAY overrated.

monosylab1k
11-21-2008, 08:33 PM

Mavs fans, don't undervalue our beloved Josh Howard. Kaman is good, but not that good.

LOL are you kidding me?

Swingmen like Josh Howard are a dime a dozen. A legit double-double true center is almost nowhere to be found.

More Cuban "we love our team" brainwashing when people think Josh is some great value player in the NBA. There's 20 other guys that do exactly what Josh does. There's 2 or 3 who do what Kaman does.

Flight3107
11-21-2008, 08:42 PM

You have got to be shitting me, I hope you don't actually believe what you just typed.

m33p0
11-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I haven't saw them play Houston, but you could be right. I think New Orleans and Houston came into this season WAY overrated.
they overrated themselves, actually. houston even more so.

Findog
11-22-2008, 01:04 AM
LOL are you kidding me?

Swingmen like Josh Howard are a dime a dozen. A legit double-double true center is almost nowhere to be found.

More Cuban "we love our team" brainwashing when people think Josh is some great value player in the NBA. There's 20 other guys that do exactly what Josh does. There's 2 or 3 who do what Kaman does.

Did you see Vince Carter tonight? Man, I'd love him in some green and blue if he gave a shit for an entire season.

mavs>spurs2
11-22-2008, 02:50 AM
Kaman to the Mavs would the best case scenario for this team, he's the closest thing to a good center the Mavs franchise has ever seen since Tarpley. And him and Dirk already have a head start on learning to work well together seeing as they both played for Germany this summer. A double double center who can score in the post and finish is all the mavs have been lacking for years. Mavs FO is up there with the dumbest FO's of all time if they have an opportunity to do this and don't pull the trigger.

dirk4mvp
11-22-2008, 02:58 AM
Did you see Vince Carter tonight? Man, I'd love him in some green and blue if he gave a shit for an entire season.

He's always been a what could have been, but when he's on, he's probably a top 10 player.

manufor3
11-22-2008, 10:58 PM

:lol