PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas immortalized in wax

SpursFanFirst
11-21-2008, 05:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Gilbert-Arenas-immortalized-in-wax?urn=nba,123570

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__16/ept_sports_nba_experts-882003132-1227214394.jpg?ym6I2WADSUthMI2o

BruceBowenFan
11-21-2008, 05:27 PM
:wtf

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Pretty good likeness, IMO. Probably more durable than its real life counterpart, too.

Allanon
11-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Too bad that's a top only photo.

I'm wondering if they waxed in a knee brace for Agent 0 too.

z0sa
11-21-2008, 06:53 PM
which ones gilbert

z0sa
11-21-2008, 06:54 PM
the smile is right on.

baseline bum
11-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Pretty good likeness, IMO. Probably more durable than its real life counterpart, too.

Too bad that's a top only photo.

I'm wondering if they waxed in a knee brace for Agent 0 too.

You fuckers are killing me :lmao

m33p0
11-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Gilbert Arenas immobilized in cast.
sounds more fitting.

MrChug
11-22-2008, 02:45 PM
How accurate...Gilbert's normally by himself on the court too.

Or at least he plays like it.

Bob Lanier
11-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Doesn't capture the feverish, paranoid glint in his eye.

duncan228
11-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Wax On, Wax Off: Wizards Need a Healthy Arenas to Show Some Life (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/11/22/ST2008112201942.html)
By George Solomon, washingtonpost

The last thing the Washington Wizards needed this week was a tribute to Gilbert Arenas, My Favorite NBA Player. But that's what occurred on Thursday at Madame Tussauds wax museum downtown, where a paraffin figure of Arenas was unveiled -- a ceremony repeated the next evening at Verizon Center during the Wizards' game against Houston.

At this point in the season, as bad as the Wizards (1-9) have played in this, their second year of "Waiting for Gilbert," such a tribute would be comparable to the unveiling of a statue of Henry Paulson this week in front of the Treasury building.

I'll break bread with Gilbert any time, any place. Quote him whenever I can. And I've bookmarked his blog. But a "Tribute to Gilbert" this week?

Since injuring his left knee on April 4, 2007, against the Charlotte Bobcats in the only game he did not start that season (he had been benched that day by Coach Eddie Jordan for showing up late to Verizon Center), Arenas has missed 82 of the Wizards' 97 games.

Of course, Arenas was not looking to get injured. Still, had he shown up on time for that fateful game against Charlotte a year and a half ago and started, instead of subbing, who knows what would have happened? But three knee surgeries later, a dubious rehabilitation routine and a lack of communication between Arenas and Jordan during last season's playoffs have frustrated many fans and a few Wizards coaches.

"This team is built for Gilbert to lead us, with two all-star forwards [Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler] and [injured] Brendan Haywood coming off a career year," Jordan said Tuesday night after the Wizards lost to Miami. It is their worst start since the 1966-67 season -- the result of no Arenas, Haywood and lately Antonio Daniels, as well as poor shooting, poor defense and poor rebounding.

Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld is quick to point out that Gilbert is only 26, with three all-NBA selections to his credit and a future -- if healthy -- as bright as anyone in the game. Grunfeld thinks long term and that's good. But the Wizards have a six-year, $111 million investment in Arenas and we wonder -- considering the condition of his left knee -- if that commitment is looking so smart right now.

Nor do we need Gilbert to suggest, as he did to reporters this week, that a terrible Wizards season could result in a high draft choice. ("That's what happened to San Antonio and that's how they got Tim Duncan. If that happens with us, it's for the better.")

Do we need to remind My Favorite NBA Player that we've been down that road before (Kwame Brown, Tom Hammonds, Kenny Green, LaBradford Smith, Greg Foster, to name a few) even before Gilbert became Gilbert?

So, madame, let's hold the tributes for now.