PDA

View Full Version : Any more trade rumors involving spurs?

davi78239
02-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Breaking developments anyone? Let me know.

sa_butta
02-22-2005, 01:48 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/spurs/rumors.html
for rumor updates

davi78239
02-22-2005, 01:53 PM
thanks

exstatic
02-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Expect nothing. The Spurs haven't made a mid season deal in ages, and that one sucked donkey balls.

davi78239
02-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Yea, I can't even remember exactly when the last blockbuster deal was for the spurs.

sa_butta
02-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Expect nothing. The Spurs haven't made a mid season deal in ages, and that one sucked donkey balls.Agreed I dont think anything will come of it.

Im pretty content with Maliks roll here aside from his enormous
contract. Which is not very attractive to other teams.

PM5K
02-22-2005, 02:00 PM
We are trading Seqa, Ducks, LakerGod, and 6.99 for a dozen assorted Krispy Kreme doughnuts....

sa_butta
02-22-2005, 02:03 PM
We are trading Seqa, Ducks, LakerGod, and 6.99 for a dozen assorted Krispy Kreme doughnuts....We could probably only get a half dozen

Jimcs50
02-22-2005, 02:06 PM
We are trading Seqa, Ducks, LakerGod, and 6.99 for a dozen assorted Krispy Kreme doughnuts....

What is worse, clogged arteries and impending heart failure, or nausea daily?

:)

PM5K
02-22-2005, 02:07 PM
nausea daily

ducks
02-22-2005, 02:50 PM

damm I am in the same category as lakergod :rolleyes

Solid D
02-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Remember when the Spurs traded Mychal Thompson to the Lakers for Petur Gudmundsson, Frank Brickowski, a 1st round pick, a second rounder and cash? The Lakers won 2 Championships!!!

The Spurs on the other hand stunk so bad, they won the lottery and got David Robinson the next season! That turned out well. :)

ducks
02-22-2005, 03:24 PM
spur leaks are rare

Ocotillo
02-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Remember when the Spurs traded Mychal Thompson to the Lakers for Petur Gudmundsson, Frank Brickowski, a 1st round pick, a second rounder and cash? The Lakers won 2 Championships!!!

The Spurs on the other hand stunk so bad, they won the lottery and got David Robinson the next season! That turned out well. :)

I still think that was a good trade. The 1st round pick became Cadillac Anderson. Thompson hated it here and was as much of a cancer as Brick ever was. I think Magic Johnson had a lot more to do with the championships then Mychal Thompson.

Rummpd
02-22-2005, 11:08 PM
"dozen assorted Krispy Kreme doughnuts."...

The assorted part really fits in return as a fair exchange for both sides, as the trade would be sending off an extremely motley crew. On the other hand, lets keep Ducks if possible:

I for one would kind of miss Ducks as he makes me shake my head and try to figure out his logic, which after considering it, is often seemingly pretty solid - I think at least in a duckspeak kind of way.

On the other hand trading Segu and LakerGod would be like trading away a pair of inbred cousins, would only improve the population gene pool.

PM5K
02-22-2005, 11:29 PM
"dozen assorted Krispy Kreme doughnuts."...

The assorted part really fits in return as a fair exchange for both sides, as the trade would be sending off an extremely motley crew. On the other hand, lets keep Ducks if possible:

I for one would kind of miss Ducks as he makes me shake my head and try to figure out his logic, which after considering it, is often seemingly pretty solid - I think at least in a duckspeak kind of way.

On the other hand trading Segu and LakerGod would be like trading away a pair of inbred cousins, would only improve the population gene pool.

Well if we keep Ducks then we'll have to include additional cash to get the assorted doughnuts, I'll talk to management.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-22-2005, 11:42 PM
You won't hear about a Spurs deal until it's done.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-22-2005, 11:50 PM
No wait i have it:

We can trade Walton, Sequ, and LakerGod away for Vince Carter whom we can than ship out to Minnesota along with Wolves009 in order to retain cassels who has an expiring contract. They have to throw in Krispe Kreame donuts on the three for one deal. Ducks we'll sign to a major contract and then let him ride the bench all year every year while never taking him off the trading block.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
48 posts to 1000 career posts

xcoriate
02-22-2005, 11:57 PM

Oh the Irony, if you'd ever had to read one of your own posts you'd understand they dont exactly come out crystal clear :P

ducks
02-22-2005, 11:59 PM

thanks for the kind words

Experiment2100
02-23-2005, 12:02 AM
What about Sequ, Lakergod, person to, be named later, and a 2nd round pick for a dozen assorted Krispy Kreme, and one package of those generic "Chips Galore" cookies

Ducks we'll sign to a major contract and then let him ride the bench all year every year while never taking him off the trading block.

He'll be the proofreader.

waly.mg
02-23-2005, 10:48 AM
I never yet understand the GMs of the NBA

They signs Backups for 5 millions and a Starters by 4
Bruce Bowen have a only 13 million contract for 3 years and Malik 27 by the 4 years remaining.
San Antonio offer 2 millions a year for Scola, this contract is Like 8 millions - 4 years, thatīs a Joke, if Rasho and Mailk are a 6 millions players, Scola is at least a player of 4 million
Robert Horry have a 5 million contract last year, for what?

The first 2 years of Manu Ginobili costs 3 millions

The general managers must risk and contract the best talents available in USA or in all over the World, but those that have talent that plays outside of the country also have good wages outside the country and the NBA must pay to them what they are worth
When they look for talent abroad wants to gain the lottery
Manu came to the NBA to lose money in its 2 first years, convinced that after that first contract it was going to have a very good contract
The year last Scola had to pay of its pocket 2 million to come to the NBA, by a contract of 4 million by 2 years agreed it to have left itself in Europe and it did not have 2 million dollars either to go away

waly.mg
02-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Realgm Salary Ratio:

Player Salary Ratio Yrs
Tim Duncan 47.8
Manu Ginobili 22.1
Radoslav Nesterovic 20.6
Malik Rose 18.3
Brent Barry 14.3
Bruce Bowen 10.0
Tony Parker 5.2
Robert Horry 3.7
Sean Marks 2.5
Tony Massenburg 2.5 0

New York have 10 players with Better contract than Bowen, Toronto 9, Lakers, Minnesota, Houston and Indiana 8, Orlando, Philadelfia, Portalnd, Kings, Detroit ans GSW 7, Boston and Chicago 6

And Bruce Bowen is our 4Th Best Player, and our 2nd Best defender behind TD

Kori Ellis
02-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Why are you complaining how little Bowen makes? Bowen took less money to stay in San Antonio so that the Spurs could pay Manu.

waly.mg
02-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Itīs not about BB is about the GMs,and not the Spurs GM

Is about others GM and our GM in the Malik contract

And BB opts out of his contract to sign a new one, Bowen had yet a 04-05 contract with the Spurs

Kori Ellis
02-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Well Malik's contract started out below the MLE -- so it's not that much. It's just too long if he's not going to play significant minutes.

As for other teams, yes, there are a lot of teams out there that have thrown significant money at bad players.

waly.mg
02-23-2005, 11:32 AM
New York is The Worst team making contracts and Trades, but Portland follows it close by with 7 players with 20 points of Salary Radio, and both donīt make the Playoffs

TDMVPDPOY
02-23-2005, 11:33 AM
spurs should offer blazers brown+malik for miles, the 3 position would be solved

2pac
02-23-2005, 11:49 AM
spurs should offer blazers brown+malik for miles, the 3 position would be solved

Then we would have a crackbaby and a hole with out post positions.