PDA

View Full Version : League Pass hates the Spurs

Cant_Be_Faded
11-21-2008, 09:32 PM
NBA League Pass has shown Spurs broadcasts ONCE this entire season. This BS happened last season too. To everyone who has LP and anyone who cares, join me in writing an email to LP telling them how chickenshit they are, when they go out of their way to show the other team's broadcasts night in and night out for spurs games.

I'm sick of hearing the other team's announcers talk about Duncan's FT's, Bonner being a good 3pt shooter, etc...

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

dougp
11-21-2008, 09:35 PM
I wonder how they make the decision who calls it? If I could be guaranteed that I could hear Sean every game, I'd be more inclined to get LP.

duncan228
11-21-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't know if I believe it will matter, but I may finally be ticked enough to write. It's been going on for years. Tonight is the 6th game in a row with the opponent's call. There's no logical reason for it.

romad_20
11-21-2008, 09:51 PM
NBA League Pass has shown Spurs broadcasts ONCE this entire season. This BS happened last season too. To everyone who has LP and anyone who cares, join me in writing an email to LP telling them how chickenshit they are, when they go out of their way to show the other team's broadcasts night in and night out for spurs games.

I'm sick of hearing the other team's announcers talk about Duncan's FT's, Bonner being a good 3pt shooter, etc...

What does it show on league pass during halftime. I ask because I'm watching a stream online and it looks like league pass and Sean and Bill are calling the game.

duncan228
11-21-2008, 09:52 PM
I get the halftime show of whatever call it is.

romad_20
11-21-2008, 10:03 PM
I get the halftime show of whatever call it is.

Hmmm, i was getting the scores and stats like what league pass shows on the channels not showing games.

Spurs1234
11-21-2008, 10:07 PM
the only good thing about the utah station, is during half time, kerilenko's wife had an ad during halftime for her clothing store in the local mall...only in utah i guess....and during the commercial, with about 100 dollars total in production value, with the cheesy music, boozer is in the store, with this goofy looking hat on like a g, browsing through the store looking for clothes...a 10 out of 10 on the comedy scale, anyone else see that?

duncan228
11-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Hmmm, i was getting the scores and stats like what league pass shows on the channels not showing games.

I'll get that a few times a season. Usually it's whoever has the call, tonight I got the Jazz halftime report.

I have no idea how they do it. I've had it for years, always for the Spurs, in 3 states, and I can't make heads or tails of the system.

urunobili
11-21-2008, 10:09 PM
i will add myself to the complain... itīs unfuckling real that i am paying 170n dollars with a receiver in PHX and once the pregame show is about to finish you get fucking blacked out because itīll be shown on the fucking visitorīs channel :pctoss

romad_20
11-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I'll get that a few times a season. Usually it's whoever has the call, tonight I got the Jazz halftime report.

I have no idea how they do it. I've had it for years, always for the Spurs, in 3 states, and I can't make heads or tails of the system.

I wrote the NBA a strong worded letter about it. I'm sure it will help.

Spurs1234
11-21-2008, 10:12 PM
another favorite, the spurs are the oldest team in the league stat, got to love that one

Cant_Be_Faded
11-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Please email them. It will take 10 seconds of your time. Just let them know there are some of us here that think they're fucking dickholes for giving us other announcers every freaking time.

duncan228
11-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Just let them know there are some of us here that think they're fucking dickholes for giving us other announcers every freaking time.

Can I quote you? :lol

romad_20
11-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Please email them. It will take 10 seconds of your time. Just let them know there are some of us here that think they're fucking dickholes for giving us other announcers every freaking time.

http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html

robino2001
11-21-2008, 10:52 PM
That's weird - I watched an <cough> <cough> illegal <cough> online feed also, it was definitely league pass (has the LP logo on the screen now that the game is over) and it was the SA feed. Maybe the broadband has both feeds and we were watching a streamed broadband feed? I have no idea.

baseline bum
11-21-2008, 11:06 PM
I don't know if I believe it will matter, but I may finally be ticked enough to write. It's been going on for years. Tonight is the 6th game in a row with the opponent's call. There's no logical reason for it.

In all fairness, a lot of the SA local broadcasts have looked pretty bad this year. The brightness is way too low on FoxSports Spurs feeds this season. Maybe that is influencing the NBA's decisions on which broadcast to air.

Obstructed_View
11-21-2008, 11:12 PM
I don't know why they can't just show one television broadcast and then have the other team's audio on the SAP channel, which goes unused in most sporting events. It fixes the problem, makes every fanbase happy and is so stinkin' easy it's no wonder they haven't thought of it.

manustarting2gd
11-21-2008, 11:21 PM
put my two cents in as well.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Thank you all. Like duncan2238 said, there is no logical reason for them to do this. It's a huge slap in the face. It's a dickslap in the face. 1 spurs broadcast for every 10 away broadcasts? Give me a freaking break. Dickholes.

SenorSpur
11-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Glad someone brought this up. I was started to wonder WTF was going on. Sonsobitches. This is absolutely preposterous. I, for one, will be happy to write them or send an email. Does anyone have the address handy?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-21-2008, 11:48 PM
http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html

I clicked on this and chose "broadcasts" as the reason.

mookie2001
11-21-2008, 11:53 PM
cbf i thought roomstogo.com broadcasts all the games streaming?

ploto
11-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Raptors broadcast was on once a month. Now, the Pacers- I get their call a lot.

It seems like there is preference for certain broadcast teams. For example, I think I almost always get Marv Albert no matter who they are playing.

SpurSupremacist
11-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Spurs announcers are terrible, I'm glad they have been showing the away team. Also, are you trying to say Bonner isn't a good 3 point shooter? Because he is the best that is currently on the roster, clearly.

Interrohater
11-23-2008, 06:34 PM
I'll write them too. I always thought I was alone in my anger! We unite! And in unity, we'll probably not accomplish anything... but I'm still gonna write. Those bastards.

DMX7
11-23-2008, 06:41 PM
well we did have a lot of our games on national tv last year but I don't know how that works for the league pass.

duncan228
11-23-2008, 06:46 PM
well we did have a lot of our games on national tv last year but I don't know how that works for the league pass.

National games are blacked out on LP.

Dex
11-23-2008, 09:05 PM
QMBZDwf9dok

tp2021
11-23-2008, 09:07 PM
QMBZDwf9dok

Stick your head out the window and yell,

"It's my money, and I need it NOW!!"

m33p0
11-23-2008, 09:36 PM
bump

Avitus1
11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
You think with all the inDemand technology and all the money you pay to get it they'd be able to offer you the choice of announce teams. Either Team A's or B's.

baseline bum
11-23-2008, 09:46 PM
In all fairness, a lot of the SA local broadcasts have looked pretty bad this year. The brightness is way too low on FoxSports Spurs feeds this season. Maybe that is influencing the NBA's decisions on which broadcast to air.

Am I the only one who feels the SA local broadcasts on FSSW are of very low quality? The color on FSSW looks terrible relative to other networks like ESPN, TNT, KCAL9, KTLA, FSW, etc.

duncan228
11-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Am I the only one who feels the SA local broadcasts on FSSW are of very low quality? The color on FSSW looks terrible relative to other networks like ESPN, TNT, KCAL9, KTLA, FSW, etc.

The local broadcasts on LP vary to me baseline. Some are better than others. I don't get enough Spurs to know how consistent they are, good or bad.

completely deck
11-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Through a normal, non HD tv, the broadcasts are "ok." But through the big screen in the living room the quality is really bad.

I agree that iNDEMAND should give the subscribers a choice on what announcers we get, but that usually means more $$ they have to pay to develop it. Then you have to factor in how the user selects it. If they select the option by going to channel "A" for Spurs announcers or channel "B" for _____ announcers, you'll have to factor in them paying to eat more channel slots on your provider. So, like everything, I think this boils down to $$.

balli
11-23-2008, 11:17 PM
the only good thing about the utah station, is during half time, kerilenko's wife had an ad during halftime for her clothing store in the local mall...only in utah i guess....and during the commercial, with about 100 dollars total in production value, with the cheesy music, boozer is in the store, with this goofy looking hat on like a g, browsing through the store looking for clothes...a 10 out of 10 on the comedy scale, anyone else see that?

I live in Salt Lake so I see that shit all the time. Always leaves me laughing.

I understand you guys wanting to see your own broadcast and don't blame you at all, but objectively, Sean Elliott is hands down the biggest homer announcer in the league besides Heinsohn. And, unlike Tommy who is just old, senile and consequently funny, Sean Elliott is nothing more than whiny, pompous dick. Maybe that has something to do with them not putting SA telecasts on the LP Network.

Crookshanks
11-24-2008, 12:11 AM
I live in Arlington now, so I had to get League Pass in order to watch the games. I really miss hearing Sean - he always cracked me up. I think they should have the announcers for whoever is the home team - that makes sense.

I was steamed that I had to listen to the Jazz announcers the other night when it was a Spurs home game. I would've loved to hear Sean during that beat down.

And there was one game - can't remember who we were playing - but they had the other team's announcers and they hardly talked at all! It was weird to have so much dead air.

duncan228
11-24-2008, 12:14 AM
I think they should have the announcers for whoever is the home team - that makes sense.

I think that's the fairest way to do it. Everybody gets half, and we'll know what to expect.

baseline bum
11-24-2008, 12:25 AM
I live in Salt Lake so I see that shit all the time. Always leaves me laughing.

I understand you guys wanting to see your own broadcast and don't blame you at all, but objectively, Sean Elliott is hands down the biggest homer announcer in the league besides Heinsohn. And, unlike Tommy who is just old, senile and consequently funny, Sean Elliott is nothing more than whiny, pompous dick. Maybe that has something to do with them not putting SA telecasts on the LP Network.

Says the guy with Hot Rod Hundley calling his games. :lol

Sacramento's announcers are the worst I've ever heard. Clippers are the best.

Ron Ron Artest
11-24-2008, 11:10 AM

I live in San Antonio and sometimes i flip over to the spurs game to see if they are losing. Usually, if they are losing, all i hear is sean whining and complaining about something. Some of the things he says about the spurs is just ridiculous and I can completely understand why league pass doesn't want to broadcast the spurs commentators. No one wants to listen to a complete homer the entire game.

Obstructed_View
11-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I live in San Antonio and sometimes i flip over to the spurs game to see if they are losing. Usually, if they are losing, all i hear is sean whining and complaining about something. Some of the things he says about the spurs is just ridiculous and I can completely understand why league pass doesn't want to broadcast the spurs commentators. No one wants to listen to a complete homer the entire game.

Matt Bullard? :lol

Spurs1234
11-24-2008, 08:00 PM
its the grizzley feed, let the bitchin start

duncan228
11-24-2008, 08:01 PM
7 in a row.

Spurs1234
11-24-2008, 08:02 PM
since its the griz broadcast, i hope their getting the "spurs are the older team" stat graph chart geared up....would have liked the spurs broadcast with the return of manu:depressed

benefactor
11-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Anything has to be better than the Utah analysts. That was a freaking joke.

balli
11-24-2008, 08:08 PM

Well, a lot of announcing teams suck. Including my own. LP Jazz games are blacked out for me so I don't know of the Jazz get their telecast on LP much or not, but I'd hope not. I guess they did vs. SA though huh.

urunobili
11-24-2008, 08:11 PM
wtf? again? unfucking real... 7 in a row is unacceptable

braeden0613
11-24-2008, 08:14 PM
this is getting out of hand...i would be more angry if the quality on league pass broadband wasnt so good compared to my slingbox

balli
11-24-2008, 08:15 PM
They are saying some fairly complementary things. Does that appease the injustice of it at all?

braeden0613
11-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Maybe this is asking for too much, but couldnt they just give the SA feed to people close to San Antonio? I know on LP Broadband, it knows your IP address so it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do it that way.

Cloud786
12-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Jesus, this is seriously starting to piss me off.. I haven't been able to hear the spurs announcers in a while. We had Dallas announcers yesterday and Hawks today. God dammit!

duncan228
12-10-2008, 09:48 PM
I've said it before, it seems to me that the fair thing to do is give the home team the call. That way everybody gets half and you know what to expect.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-10-2008, 10:34 PM
LOL this is seriously getting ridiculous. I was thinking of bumping this thread myself. We are over a fourth through the season and there has been only ONE spurs broadcast.

On the plus side, when we play shitty teams like the hawks, they always give more than due respect to our team, but it just gets so annoying hearing them repeat the same shit night in and night out.

Avitus1
12-10-2008, 10:47 PM
The worst one thus far was Dallas last night... fucking terrible.

Rynospursfan
12-10-2008, 11:07 PM
What have we had? Like 3 games all season with the Spurs broadcast?

silverblackfan
12-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Tonight it was Atlanta. I love getting to see them play, but I want to hear some Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_! League Pass blows when it comes to the Spurs. Hopefully, they will schedule more in the 2nd half of the season.

nkdlunch
12-10-2008, 11:40 PM
u still watch league pass with all these feeds up on the internets?????

shame on you

SpurSupremacist
12-12-2008, 03:38 AM
u still watch league pass with all these feeds up on the internets?????

shame on you

I'll take 1080p over S-Def, thanks.

balli
12-12-2008, 03:44 AM
The worst one thus far was Dallas last night... fucking terrible.

Those guys are clueless, classless, assholes. One of the worst announcing teams in the league IMO.

Mulletino
12-12-2008, 01:15 PM
The last game wasn't aired on TW cable in Austin and LP had it blacked out. There was no possible way to watch the game unless I drove to SA.

concken
12-12-2008, 01:56 PM

Im usually having to play music over the game because I can't stand to listen to it. It takes away from the game though. For example, when we went into double OT, I couldn't listen because of those Mav commentators. I will send an email.

concken
12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
sent...bastards

romsho
12-12-2008, 03:26 PM

I actually called the league office a couple of days ago, was directed to someone with League Pass, and left a voice mail with some of the same issues we have all been discussing. Surprisingly, they responded within an hour. They claim there is no particular problem with the Spurs production, but realize there is a problem with fans who want to follow their home team in other cities. I also mentioned the fact that games involving the Spurs seem to be shown less in HD than other teams. They say that is a bandwidth issue, and that they can only show a certain amount of games in HiDef on a given night. So to the two issues of concern...number of games w/o the Spurs broadcast team and number of games in HiDef, I never got a real reason why it seems the Spurs are getting the short end of the stick. They claim it is random and not intentional. However, they are planning on giving fans two feeds to choose from in order to fix the problem. Did not give a time, just that it will happen. Hope this helps. I'm not satisfied with all their answers, but the fact that they plan to go to double feeds tells me they must be hearing it from their customers.Very interested to see if we get the T-Wolves broadcast tonight. Keep up the pressure-it must be working.

duncan228
12-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Hope this helps. I'm not satisfied with all their answers, but the fact that they plan to go to double feeds tells me they must be hearing it from their customers.Very interested to see if we get the T-Wolves broadcast tonight. Keep up the pressure-it must be working.

Nice. Thank you so much for the info, it's very helpful. Two feeds would be great, I hope they get it in gear soon.

BlackBellamy
12-12-2008, 03:59 PM

No! That sounds fantastic, though. Find a link?

Crookshanks
12-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I sent an email during the 1st quarter of the Atlanta game. I was so hacked that it was another Spurs home game and we had to listen to the visiting team's announcers. At least Dominique wasn't so bad - but still, I want to hear Sean!!!

easjer
12-12-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't care if home announcers are homers - they are supposed to be. I care when they are such homers that their players never commit a foul or the other team is awful. Houston ranks up in the top three for terrible announcers, btw. Since I'm here any Rockets game that isn't national is blacked out and I have to watch that shit. Needless to say, we watch few Rox games here.

I would just like the guarantee that I could listen to my team's homer announcers once in awhile. I don't think the Spurs announcers are bad - they are willing to admit when the Spurs screw up or foul or flop and they make fun of them and the other teams. It's awesome.

tp2021
12-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't care if home announcers are homers - they are supposed to be. I care when they are such homers that their players never commit a foul or the other team is awful. Houston ranks up in the top three for terrible announcers, btw. Since I'm here any Rockets game that isn't national is blacked out and I have to watch that shit. Needless to say, we watch few Rox games here.

I would just like the guarantee that I could listen to my team's homer announcers once in awhile. I don't think the Spurs announcers are bad - they are willing to admit when the Spurs screw up or foul or flop and they make fun of them and the other teams. It's awesome.

Spurs homers are homers for other Spurs homers. One big homer family.

urunobili
12-12-2008, 08:43 PM
the T wolves commentators are not bad at all.. they focus on the positive of their team all the time is great!

Cloud786
12-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Still, we're getting shortchanged with this crap.

urunobili
12-12-2008, 09:15 PM
the MC Donald's new latte add with the girls saying "Uruguay" was cool though... :king

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Don't you get LP broadband for free with your LP?

You can watch any Spurs game that way.

urunobili
12-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Don't you get LP broadband for free with your LP?

You can watch any Spurs game that way.

i watch every Spurs game on Directv's LP :toast