PDA

View Full Version : Finally idiot Adelman learns?!!?!?

sook
11-21-2008, 09:44 PM
The rockets playing some of the worst ball ever vs washington...trying to force an offense that doesn't belong.

In the 4th qrtr coming in down by 12 Rick plays JVG's inside out offense which gave everyone wide open 3s leading to a crazy comeback in the last 3 minutes of the game:

5 threes by T-Mac

and awesome shots for Rafer and artest.

And good god at Landry and brooks....

37 points combined for 12/18 shooting :wow

Tmac&Luther
11-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Adelman's system just doesn't fit this group.......well atleast not the starters. He needs to pull his head out of his ass and realize that Yao is NOT a high post center and He'll NEVER be a high post center.

Rick needs to swallow his pride and run JVG's system with Yao and the starters, then when the second group comes in......he can run his system more, because those are players that can actually run his system.

One thing I did find absolutely hilarious though was when JVG started to lecture us on how bad we were executing our fast breaks..........I was like "when the hell did JVG learn what a fast break was" :lol

sook
11-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Adelman's system just doesn't fit this group.......well atleast not the starters. He needs to pull his head out of his ass and realize that Yao is NOT a high post center and He'll NEVER be a high post center.

Rick needs to swallow his pride and run JVG's system with Yao and the starters, then when the second group comes in......he can run his system more, because those are players that can actually run his system.

One thing I did find absolutely hilarious though was when JVG started to lecture us on how bad we were executing our fast breaks..........I was like "when the hell did JVG learn what a fast break was" :lol

Good points, i think he will do that.

Most people don't know that our 22 streak wasn't even his princeton offense.

And LOL@ JVG's comment. I still like him though, great guy.

Obstructed_View
11-21-2008, 11:23 PM
I thought all you guys were masturbating all over each other because Adelman's offensive system was so great?

IronMexican
11-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Wasn't JVG the reason you guys failed in 2006-2007?

sook
11-21-2008, 11:27 PM

You don't understand the point.

The starters are INCAPABLE of running his offense, its just not possible.

The 2nd unit executes it to perfection so there's no problem there.

Also, i wouldn't go as far as to blame JVG for the loss..Yao was just dominated

by boozer.

Roxsfan
11-21-2008, 11:45 PM
You don't understand the point.

The starters are INCAPABLE of running his offense, its just not possible.

The 2nd unit executes it to perfection so there's no problem there.

Also, i wouldn't go as far as to blame JVG for the loss..Yao was just dominated

by boozer.

there was no other scoring threat on the court except tmac--um, lets double tmac and yao and let rafer or luther win the game:bang

leemajors
11-22-2008, 02:03 AM

:lmao

Mad_Hatter
11-22-2008, 03:26 AM

yeah... unlike most im still behind adelman though. he just needs to run the in and out offense with the first unit and his princeton offense with the second unit.
also i think JVG would still be here if the rockets had a deeper team then. Hayes and Head were the bench that year now they only get spot minutes.

Tmac&Luther
11-22-2008, 03:55 AM

Are you freaking joking. :lol

JVG coached that team to a game seven despite getting zero bench production........hell in one game only 4 Rockets players scored. That team wasn't nearly as talented as the team we had last year (with a healthy Yao) or this year.

JVG gets no blame.....his teams were overachievers........hell Luther Head was like the 6th man on those teams and Chuck Hayes was a starter.

Tmac&Luther
11-22-2008, 03:59 AM
I told you guys at the start of the year you needed a coach. Right now thats the only thing that separates Houston from the Spurs and the Lakers.

Houston started out slow last year when Adelman tried to force his system on Yao and Tracy.....then he made the adjustment and they took off. I see him doing the same thing this season. He'll see if they can finally pick it up and if not, he'll make the adjustments and everything will be fine.

Nobody should bag on the coaching job that Adelman did last year....what he was able to do without Yao and just with production from a whole bunch of rookies was amazing........JVG wouldn't of even been able to do that.

Tmac&Luther
11-22-2008, 04:00 AM
Hayes and Head were the bench that year now they only get spot minutes.

Hayes moved his way into the starting rotation. JVG just had Yao, Tmac, Battier, and a bag of dog crap

Indazone
11-22-2008, 04:21 AM
It's not that the motion offense doesn't work. Lots of teams use the motion offense in both college and pros. The problem is that Adleman tried to turn Yao into Brad Miller. That doesn't work. Yao is not the great passer that Miller is. He doesn't particularly shoot the three that well. Yao is an always should be a low post player. If you want a big man running the floor, put Scola up top and run the guards back door and the forwards coming up and flexing back. Scola can drill the three. He can pass. He's very intelligent.

Like I said in an earlier post. Hybrid motion offense. Yao down low. Someone else can run the offense up top.

Indazone
11-22-2008, 10:11 AM
This is what Yao said about the offense before the season started. As to whether or not it's being executed well is up for discussion.

Houston Rockets center Yao Ming believes the basketball style his new coach Rick Adelman brings to the team will not be a problem for him in the upcoming season.

"I do not think it's hard to get used to the new style," said the five-time All-Star center, who arrived at the University of Texas last Friday for Rockets' training camp. Today is the Rockets' first preseason game.

"I have been learning his offense throughout the off-season," Yao said. "I know I need some time to get fully involved. But it will not be a problem."

Some have expressed concern about whether the 7-foot-6, 310-pound center will have the energy and speed to keep pace with Adelman's up-tempo offense.

Yao mostly played as a low-block pivot in former coach Jeff Van Gundy's system. Adleman's system will require Yao to play more out near the elbow and act as a distributor, setting teammates up with passes.

But having spent the summer in China studying Adelman's offense, Yao said he was feeling more and more comfortable playing with some of his new teammates and getting back to work.

"Our general manager did a lot of work in the summer," said Yao, referring to new Rockets GM Daryl Morey. "The team is much stronger. There are a lot of new guys. I think this team is the one that I want.

"I understand more about the system," Yao said. "We're developing chemistry with the teammates, because in the new system, everybody can shoot and the open-shot timing will be different."

Yao's teammates are also glad to see that he is capable of running the court.

"He already seemed pretty comfortable," Rockets star Tracy McGrady said. "He didn't ask any questions when we were going through it so I guess he's been studying. He's getting up and down the court and he's in great shape."

Adelman also tried to ease some of the pressure on Yao, saying there has been a misconception about how he plans to use the center.

The coach does want to utilize Yao's passing ability and pull him away from the basket at times, but he still wants Yao to post up down low.

"We can't give that up," Adelman said. "What I don't want him to do is play 36 minutes where he just gets pounded the whole time coming down the court.

"He goes down to that low post and gets hit and hit. The guy is just an unbelievable shooter so why not try to get a little variety with what he's doing."

Asked about his prospective on the club's new season, Yao said he hopes the team's hard work over the summer pays off.

"You reap the harvest you sow," Yao said. "I think it is time for us to get something out of the new season."

Yao has led the Rockets into the playoffs three times in his five-year NBA career but has never made it past the first round.

I still don't think Yao should ever be the distributor but then we'll have to see what Adleman does from here on out. I also don't think Yao should constantly receive the ball up at the high post. Maybe once in awhile. What do opposing defenses try to do with Yao anyway? Push him out as far as possible so what does Yao receiving the ball at the elbow accomplish? DOH!

Dirk could work in this offense but not Yao.

IronMexican
11-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Are you freaking joking. :lol

JVG coached that team to a game seven despite getting zero bench production........hell in one game only 4 Rockets players scored. That team wasn't nearly as talented as the team we had last year (with a healthy Yao) or this year.

JVG gets no blame.....his teams were overachievers........hell Luther Head was like the 6th man on those teams and Chuck Hayes was a starter.

Then you weren't here in the off season. When all the Rocket fans blamed those first round exits on JVG. I knew he was a good coach, and you guys were crazy to get rid of him.

Tmac&Luther
11-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Then you weren't here in the off season. When all the Rocket fans blamed those first round exits on JVG. I knew he was a good coach, and you guys were crazy to get rid of him.

I don't really think "we got rid of him", it was more of a mutual decision.......JVG is the kinda coach who needs breaks, because he puts so much stress on himself. Seriously have you ever watched any of his press conferences when he's coaching........he looks like a zombie, it's like he never sleeps :lol I think JVG needed a break and he signed a new contract with ESPN so it's not like he was eager to get back into coaching.

IronMexican
11-22-2008, 02:34 PM
I don't really think "we got rid of him", it was more of a mutual decision.......JVG is the kinda coach who needs breaks, because he puts so much stress on himself. Seriously have you ever watched any of his press conferences when he's coaching........he looks like a zombie, it's like he never sleeps :lol I think JVG needed a break and he signed a new contract with ESPN so it's not like he was eager to get back into coaching.

JVG said he was disappointed after he got fired. It went something like this in his interview: "I was disappointed....wait, not disappointed, just shocked" Obviously saying "disappointing" is like a slap to the Rockets, so he back tracked on that statement that he really believed in. I doubt it was a mutual agreement.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I think that's the key to the Rockets turning things around. They need to play the Dr Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde thing.

WIth the Starters, play to their strengths (half court offense and defense)

Then bring in the second unit and run Adelman's game with guys like Brooks and Landry.

BTW, Lakers have been doing this multiple personality act very well this season (1st team medium tempo triangle offense, 2nd team steroid tempo "anything goes, just run")

Tmac&Luther
11-22-2008, 05:10 PM
JVG said he was disappointed after he got fired. It went something like this in his interview: "I was disappointed....wait, not disappointed, just shocked" Obviously saying "disappointing" is like a slap to the Rockets, so he back tracked on that statement that he really believed in. I doubt it was a mutual agreement.

Well maybe not, but I do believe it was time for a new voice......JVG didn't exactly build a bench and in the West you have to have a bench to win.

Too bad the NBA can't run teams like the NFL does......because I'd like to have Adelman run the offense and JVG to take care of defense (although that should pick up a little once Battier gets back).

mrspurs
11-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Id have to agree, Rick is really screwing things up in Houston. No reason why their playing so poorly. I know its still early, but there is no reason for the record Houston has. I thought we had it rough. But if you look at the way the Rockets and Mavs are playing. Just a couple of injuries to both clubs where they miss players a month or so. And both these ball clubs are headed right to the lottery. At least we have a system where all you have todo is plug in a decent player and the teams continues to improve. Houston and Dallas looked lost. They're no fun to watch. At least Houston was fun to watch last season. And by us beating them after being down by 14 is just living proof. hahahahaha