PDA

View Full Version : So, after all the Summer negativity and the injuries...here we are!

holcs50
11-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I was very down on the off-season moves and just had a general sense the window was kind of closed with the age concerns and our inability to get a big-man by TDs side or get another quality scoring threat for the horrible scoring droughts...but I'm so optimistic now seeing the play of mason and hill, and gino being very close to coming back, almost too soon, haha. We are seriously a large leap better than last year-and I really hope when gino and parker come back healthy pop continues to give mason and hill 20 mins at least because these guys need time on the court to stand out. Hill is just a huge positive suprise, I'm so stoked about him. And if mahinmi can turn into a quality, athletic big buy playoff time-wow! Of course it all depends on getting to the playoffs healthy, but if we do I see no reason we can't beat any team in the west. Did not feel this way about a month ago at all.

m33p0
11-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Spurs are still limited at the front court but they've got the back court well covered. Spurs' quartet of guards can win games by themselves. that's potentially 70 points right there!

romad_20
11-21-2008, 10:44 PM
I was very down on the off-season moves and just had a general sense the window was kind of closed with the age concerns and our inability to get a big-man by TDs side or get another quality scoring threat for the horrible scoring droughts...but I'm so optimistic now seeing the play of mason and hill, and gino being very close to coming back, almost too soon, haha. We are seriously a large leap better than last year-and I really hope when gino and parker come back healthy pop continues to give mason and hill 20 mins at least because these guys need time on the court to stand out. Hill is just a huge positive suprise, I'm so stoked about him. And if mahinmi can turn into a quality, athletic big buy playoff time-wow! Of course it all depends on getting to the playoffs healthy, but if we do I see no reason we can't beat any team in the west. Did not feel this way about a month ago at all.

Without the injuries, the youth doesn't get the time to get comfortable being aggressive. I think the days of scoring droughts are over once Tony and Manu come back. If the big three aren't on, Mason doesn't need them to get free and Hill is showing the ability to run the break and get to the line. Might still have rebounding problems but, I have to say, Bonner has performed as of late. I hope he keeps it up.

Tolliver has a lot of hustle and a high BB IQ. Makes some Manu-esqe passes out there.

peskypesky
11-22-2008, 02:04 AM
We are looking very very good except for the post. As great as Tim Duncan is, he's not going to be able to beat either Gasol/Odom/Bynum or Shaq/Amare by himself. Oberto, Thomas and Bonner are not going to get it done, if we can judge by their performance so far. (Although I do give Bonner props for some of his recent efforts).