PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose cant take over a game? 25pts 7assist

BullsDynasty
11-22-2008, 01:11 AM
Rose had 25 points 7 assists , 23 of those 25 points came in the second half and 15 came in the fourth quarter and 8 of those points came in the final 3 minutes.

Findog
11-22-2008, 01:15 AM
Who said he can't take over a game? Strawman argument.

"Ray Allen can't hit a 3-pointer?"

"Chris Paul can't run the p'n'r?"

"Dwight Howard can't throw 'em down?"

"Kobe can't strangle a prostitute?"

BullsDynasty
11-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Who said he can't take over a game? Strawman argument.

"Ray Allen can't hit a 3-pointer?"

"Chris Paul can't run the p'n'r?"

"Dwight Howard can't throw 'em down?"

"Kobe can't strangle a prostitute?"

I think this is his biggest problem and defense. He's not a good defensive player; the guy he is guarding will consistently score on him.

But the bigger problem is his leadership. It was evident in the NCAA championship game (Memphis vs Kansas). He doesn't have that leadership ability to strike a comeback victory.

He plays the same whether he's 10 points down or 20 points up...that's good for a point guard but bad if you're supposed to be The Man. He's very skilled but I don't think he'll ever be a "winner" if he's the #1 guy.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Unfortunately, that was against the Warriors who just traded off Al Harrington today.

That's like beating up on the Thundah.

I just looked at the boxscore and the Warriors guard was C Watson. Who the hell is C Watson?

Warriors...come out to plaaaayayay.

BullsDynasty
11-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Unfortunately, that was against the Warriors who just traded off Al Harrington today.

That's like beating up on the Thundah

He had 25 points and 9 assists against the Lakers 2 games ago, what exactly are you trying to say?.........

Findog
11-22-2008, 01:27 AM
Derrick Rose is going to be awfully, awfully good. He's already a stud.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:28 AM
He had 25 points and 9 assists against the Lakers 2 games ago, what exactly are you trying to say?.........

Oh we know he can score and assist I said it too. Like he had great numbers in the Lakers and still lost by quite a bit.

But so far he can't lead his team to a win...a real win. Not the Warriors, Thunda, TWolves of the world.

I mean c'mon he played against some guy named "C Watson". I could probably drop 10-15 points against C Watson.

At least I haven't seen him LEAD his team to a quality win yet. When he does, then I'll start talking about the greatness of Derrick Rose.

monosylab1k
11-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Derrick Rose can absolutely take over a game, and he showed it in college plenty. People who judge that based off one game are fucking retarded.

Memphis lost to Kansas because half their team couldn't hit a damn free throw, and Calipari played it off all season like it was no big deal. That was gonna bite them in the ass eventually, and it took till the NC game for that to happen.

Findog
11-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Oh we know he can score and assist I said it too. Like he had great numbers in the Lakers and still lost by quite a bit.

But so far he can't lead his team to a win...a real win. Not the Warriors, Thunda, TWolves of the world.

I mean c'mon he played against "C Watson". I could probably drop 10-15 points against C Watson.

At least I haven't seen him do it yet. When he does, then we can start talking about the greatness of Derrick Rose.

The Bulls suck. That's not Rose's fault. The Lakers missed the playoffs in the first post-Shaq year because it was Kobe and partial-birth abortion for his supporting cast. Quit hating.

monosylab1k
11-22-2008, 01:33 AM
The Bulls suck. That's not Rose's fault. The Lakers missed the playoffs in the first post-Shaq year because it was Kobe and partial-birth abortion for his supporting cast. Quit hating.

Kobe can't lead his team to a championship. I know because of the Finals last year. He simply can't, end of story.

If you're gonna paint Derrick Rose with that brush, you gotta be consistent and do it with Kobe too, Laker fan.

Findog
11-22-2008, 01:34 AM
Kobe can't lead his team to a championship. I know because of the Finals last year. He simply can't, end of story.

If you're gonna paint Derrick Rose with that brush, you gotta be consistent and do it with Kobe too, Laker fan.

Based off the 08 Finals, Kobe isn't a leader that can inspire his teammates. Leaders don't let their teams blow 25-point leads at home.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:34 AM
Based off the 08 Finals, Kobe isn't a leader that can inspire his teammates. Leaders don't let their teams blow 25-point leads at home.

Nah, that's just 1 series. Kobe led well throughout the Playoffs and the regular season. I'm not asking Rose to win the Championship this year, just have a respectable team.

Kobe could lead Rose's Bulls team to a top4 seed in the East.

I don't hate on Rose, I was pissed at his lack of urgency in that Memphis/Kansas game. He still hasn't gotten over that hump yet.

He's a good player but not near CP3/DWill yet.

TheMadHatter
11-22-2008, 01:35 AM
He's fucking 20 years old Allanon in his rookie season. Give me a break.

BullsDynasty
11-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Oh we know he can score and assist I said it too. Like he had great numbers in the Lakers and and still lost by quite a bit. At least I haven't seen him do it yet. When he does, then we can start talking about the greatness of Derrick Rose.

I mean c'mon he played against "C Watson". I could probably drop 10-15 points against C Watson.

How about his back to back 20 point game against Dallas and Phoenix?

Findog
11-22-2008, 01:36 AM

I don't hate on Rose, I was pissed at his lack of urgency in that Memphis/Kansas game. He still hasn't gotten over that hump yet.

Kobe > Rose. Compare them during their rookie years. Kobe airballed his team out of the playoffs. Rose is arguably an All Star already.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:37 AM
How about his back to back 20 point game against Dallas and Phoenix?

Did he win those games?

Findog
11-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Did he win those games?

Of course they beat the Mavericks.

monosylab1k
11-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Nah, that's just 1 series.

You're judging Rose based off one game in college. That's just fucking stupid.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Kobe > Rose. Compare them during their rookie years. Kobe airballed his team out of the playoffs. Rose is arguably an All Star already.

I'm not comparing them Apples to apples. Of course we can't compare Kobe to Rose, that's not fair.

But people are already saying that Rose is at CP3/DWill level.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:40 AM

He hasn't changed yet.

monosylab1k
11-22-2008, 01:40 AM
He hasn't changed....yet.

Apparently he has. The Golden State Warriors at their worst are still better than Kansas.

BullsDynasty
11-22-2008, 01:41 AM
Did he win those games?

They beat the suns by 20 and the mavs by 7

BullsDynasty
11-22-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm not comparing them Apples to apples. Of course we can't compare Kobe to Rose, that's not fair.

Dude, the Jazz and Hornets have an allstar to compliment Dwill and Cp3 in Carlos Boozer and David West, what does Rose have?

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Apparently he has. The Golden State Warriors at their worst are still better than Kansas.

Hahah. Sure. But I wouldn't count a win over the Warriors much.

Let's see him beat the Jazz or the Hornets. Neither team is playing well.

Hell, he's playing Denver on Sunday, if he wins that game against a mid-level guard like Chauncey Billups, I'll shut up about Rose.

monosylab1k
11-22-2008, 01:45 AM
Hahah. Sure. But I wouldn't count a win over the Warriors much.

They're better than Kansas was. So I'd say it counts a good deal. Either you wipe the slate clean and not judge him based of what he did in fucking college, or you throw it in there and see that he just took over a game against a team that would curbstomp Kansas by 50 points.

Findog
11-22-2008, 01:48 AM

Compare him to CP3 and D-Will as rookies. CP3 was pretty good as a rookie, Deron was nothing special IIRC. Rose will get better, and he will learn the league, what you can and can't get away with when it comes to the refs, tendencies of other players, etc.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:49 AM
They're better than Kansas was. So I'd say it counts a good deal. Either you wipe the slate clean and not judge him based of what he did in fucking college, or you throw it in there and see that he just took over a game against a team that would curbstomp Kansas by 50 points.

I'm biased against Rose because of that game.

I've been waiting for him to really shine with a quality win, it just hasn't happened yet.

If he can get a win in Denver on Sunday, Utah or Philly coming up, I'll give him his props. They all have decent guards.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Compare him to CP3 and D-Will as rookies. CP3 was pretty good as a rookie, Deron was nothing special IIRC. Rose will get better, and he will learn the league, what you can and can't get away with when it comes to the refs, tendencies of other players, etc.

That's what I'm saying, people aren't comparing him to CP3 and DWill as rookies, they're comparing them to DWill and CP3 RIGHT NOW. I think he's way behind right now.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Rose is much better than Kobe was at 19. Give this kid time. I have no doubt he will be the best PG by far in 3 years!!!

The shit you talking about doesnt even make since. Its 10 games into the season and hes proved hes the best player on their team by far, and is hands down the 4th best PG in the league behind Parker, Deron and Paul... in that order.

Is he best on the Bulls? Yes
Can he score 20 points and lead the team in Assists? Yes
Has he shown he's a guy that can lead his team to winning ways? No

He gets Chauncey Billups and Andre Miller soon, I'll wait until after those 2 contests before I trashtalk him some more or praise him.

BullsDynasty
11-22-2008, 01:55 AM

He gets Chauncey Billups and Andre Miller soon, I'll wait until after those 2 contests before I trashtalk him some more or praise him.

The Bulls are 6-7 with a battered Kirk Hinrich and mediocre players with the exception of few.

New Orlean Hornets are 6-5 with 2 allstars

Not much difference in the standings there.

Interpret this please.

Findog
11-22-2008, 01:56 AM
That's what I'm saying, people aren't comparing him to CP3 and DWill as rookies, they're comparing them to DWill and CP3 RIGHT NOW. I think he's way behind right now.

Behind those guys as rookies? I don't think so, Deron Williams was nothing to write home about as a rookie. CP3 averaged 16 and 8 assists, Rose is averaging 18 and 5 dimes.

Findog
11-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Allanon, I generally respect your basketball takes, but you might want to walk back from the plank you're on in this thread.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:59 AM
The Bulls are 6-7 with a battered Kirk Hinrich and mediocre players with the exception of few.

New Orlean Hornets are 6-5 with 2 allstars

Not much difference in the standings there.

Interpret this please.

Hornets are in the Playoffs as of right now the Bulls are not.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Hahah, I'll take your advice guys.

I'll shut up for now and let this ride for a bit longer.

Derrick Rose is the greatest point guard.

BullsDynasty
11-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Hornets are in the Playoffs as of right now the Bulls are not.

Bulls are a win away from the 6th seed, CP3 with an allstar on his team should be higher than 6-5 IMO.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 02:04 AM
CP3 with an allstar on his team should be higher than 6-5 IMO.

I agree.

Findog
11-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Not really. The Hornets are a scrub team that played above their level last year. They came out of nowhere, and now they are going back to nowhere...

Sonics 05 to 06?

peskypesky
11-22-2008, 02:16 AM
Rose is freaking awesome.

KidCongo
11-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Aren't the Bulls lucky.

Spur-Addict
11-22-2008, 04:57 AM

I just looked at the boxscore and the Warriors guard was C Watson. Who the hell is C Watson?

It seems right there, in bold, you've changed your original argument. I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like.

I mean c'mon he played against some guy named "C Watson". I could probably drop 10-15 points against C Watson.

At least I haven't seen him LEAD his team to a quality win yet. When he does, then I'll start talking about the greatness of Derrick Rose.

There as well.

He's fucking 20 years old Allanon in his rookie season. Give me a break.

Yup, and if we're going to change the argument from the original, then something else must be taken into account. The quality of his roster, and other rosters. Somewhere in there a area of reasonable thought must be agreed upon.

Nah, that's just 1 series. Kobe led well throughout the Playoffs and the regular season. I'm not asking Rose to win the Championship this year, just have a respectable team.

Kobe is a vet.

Did you bet money on this game or something? :lol

I thought we were talking about leading his team to a victory, then quality wins as a second totally different argument.

Behind those guys as rookies? I don't think so, Deron Williams was nothing to write home about as a rookie. CP3 averaged 16 and 8 assists, Rose is averaging 18 and 5 dimes.

We can't forget this little gem here either.

Spur-Addict
11-22-2008, 05:10 AM

Also....

G.S just beat Portland, without Harrington. If i'm not mistaken, Port just beat Chi very badly. So G.S is well capable of beating Chi, but Chi won. It Looks like Rose stepped up after a chin check experience, can't deny that.

IronMexican
11-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Rose is a beast. Allanon is just hating. He said himself, he is a bit biased.

dirk4mvp
11-22-2008, 11:10 AM
ROY

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081110/capt.557a7fb54d514d1bb716d1b11ed30082.grizzlies_nu ggets_basketball_codz102.jpg

BullsDynasty
11-22-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm biased against Rose because of that game.

I've been waiting for him to really shine with a quality win, it just hasn't happened yet.

If he can get a win in Denver on Sunday, Utah or Philly coming up, I'll give him his props. They all have decent guards.

Heres the highlights of the game http://www.nba.com/video/games/warriors/2008/11/22/nba_chi_gsw_0020800182_recap.nba/index.html

Look at 1:57 as Derrick Rose tells GSW Fans to shut up.

Brazil
11-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Rose is much better than Kobe was at 19. Give this kid time. I have no doubt he will be the best PG by far in 3 years!!!

The shit you talking about doesnt even make since. Its 10 games into the season and hes proved hes the best player on their team by far, and is hands down the 4th best PG in the league behind Parker, Deron and Paul... in that order.

+1