PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Find This To Be The Most Exciting Season in a While

PeterBurns
11-22-2008, 01:09 PM
* Manu Offseason Injury
* TP in season Injury
* Seeing a Spurs Rookie Play his A$$ off
* Seeing a Spurs Free Agent fit into the system
* Seeing every player on the bench contribute in different ways
* Tuning into every game, hoping for a win, rather than expecting it.

This is the best I've felt about the future of the Spurs in quite a while.
If they can continue to stay in the mix for another couple of weeks, and get Manu and TP healthy, this team can make a serious run.

Can't freaking wait.

Manufan909
11-22-2008, 01:12 PM
All very good points. And I think the Spurs are primed for at least a 4 game winning streak, they could get over .500!!!!!!!!

Dex
11-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I was thinking about this after the game. I don't think I've ever felt as good over a November victory, nor have I been this intrigued over the first few weeks of the season.

Maybe it's just because they're not following the usual SPAM recipe, but it's definitely got that 'don't know what's gonna happen' aesthetic to it, and that makes it all the more exciting.

As for the future of the team, I was worried when the season started. But as players have stepped up and filled their roles, and the Spurs have managed to grind out some seriously impressive Ws, that's been replaced with a growing anticipation that once we herald the full return of Manu, Tony, and Spurs defense, the rest of the league is gonna be shittin' their pants.

mrspurs
11-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Nah its been quite the opposite. Had we had Manu and TP we would be undefeated. I like the fact we got rookies playing. But having Bummer playing alot and watching Timmy have troubles while playing tons of minutes. Can be quite boring. Basically if you just look at the court from beyond the arc. Thats where all the action is. Inside the arc is where nothing really happens. Unless you enjoy watching Fab run around like a chicken without a head.

DPG21920
11-22-2008, 02:54 PM
I agree, this is fun because to me, things are so up in the air. We also get to see how good of a coach Pop is, see how involved the Spurs still are in scouting and see that this front office is still good at evaluating talent.

Allanon
11-22-2008, 02:56 PM
I am also enjoying this Spurs season for the simple fact that they're playing much more exciting ball (to me).

Money is leading the Most Improved race in my book. It'd be cool to see him get the MIP award.

DPG21920
11-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I am also enjoying this Spurs season for the simple fact that they're playing much more exciting ball (to me).

Money is leading the Most Improved race in my book. It'd be cool to see him get the MIP award.

According to Whott, Mason is a choker and does not have an assassins mentality.

Spurtacus
11-22-2008, 03:31 PM
* Manu Offseason Injury
* TP in season Injury

If they can continue to stay in the mix for another couple of weeks, and get Manu and TP healthy, this team can make a serious run.

Can't freaking wait.

I wouldn't call the injuries exciting...but I agree with the last three points. Every game without TP and Manu is a fight. Its fun watching the new additions and young guys play.

WildcardManu
11-22-2008, 03:33 PM

Would be shocking if Mason keeps up his production and doesn't even get considered for MIP. Then again Spurs tend to get overlooked.

gospursgojas
11-22-2008, 04:11 PM
I agree....this season has been more exciting than recent ones.

If the Spurs make a strong run at the 'ship in May/June, i have a feeling the city will have that '99 run feeling all over again.

Or I can only hope its better than in 07 when it felt nobody but us really cared.. :lol

xtremesteven33
11-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Most improved Player will go to Devin Harris...no doubt

but as for the spurs this year. man i havent been this excited this early for the spurs EVER. Players stepping up and Duncan playing every game with heart and passion. Good stuff to see.

Let the Lakers get the #1 spot. Its ok. Well get the #2 spot and meet thier candy a**s in the West Finals.

mrspurs
11-22-2008, 04:54 PM
According to Whott, Mason is a choker and does not have an assassins mentality.

Clearly whott isnt watching Roger play. With no real sense of what his teammates are doing. Roger is putting up great numbers. Exactly what is an assassins mentality? Thought that was a military term.

Anti.Hero
11-22-2008, 04:56 PM
I like it a lot better than the usual wait around for post all-star break to see them play nicely.

We finally get to watch another promising young athletic rookie. And then Mason, it is very fun to watch their progression.

There is something cool about watching a team have to gut out every win knowing you have two huge guns waiting to fill your ranks.

Brazil
11-22-2008, 09:01 PM
* Manu Offseason Injury
* TP in season Injury

Can't freaking wait.

I fully it's an excinting season so far !! I'm just frustrated not to see Manu and Tony together with the new guys...

Stump
11-22-2008, 09:30 PM
In some ways, this really is a plus for the Spurs franchise. It rejuvenates a fanbase that often doesn't really tune in until March and gives opportunites to our newcomers to really shine.

m33p0
11-22-2008, 10:01 PM
not just you. alot of people around san antonio feel the same way according to a neilsen. i expect most spurs fans, if not all, also feel the same way.

xellos88330
11-22-2008, 11:51 PM
This new excitement is bad for my heart. But fuck it... Im gonna die early because I will be watching every single game cheering on the new guys.

ElNono
11-22-2008, 11:57 PM
I would rather have the team entirely healthy and be 12-0. I would probably be more excited then... Some people think that when Manu and Tony come back all the other role players are going to keep playing like they are right now, but that's not really the case a lot of times. So, under the circumstances, I'm moderately optimistic. I'll get excited when at the end of the regular season we're in the playoffs and everyone is healthy and hopefully a little bit rested...

CubanMustGo
11-23-2008, 01:07 AM
bump

MarCowMar
11-23-2008, 03:16 AM
I'm loving this season. It's the first time since TP that we have some rookies to cheer for. There have been several close games. There's a real back-to-the-wall feeling with TP and Manu out.

Our team feels scrappy and tough right now, rather than their usual perfect and dominant selves. :)

Ghazi
11-23-2008, 04:06 AM
"tough, scrappy"?

More like hitting a flukish, unsustainable # of 3-PT jump shots.

Manufan909
11-23-2008, 04:16 AM
"tough, scrappy"?

More like hitting a flukish, unsustainable # of 3-PT jump shots.

You mad cuz the Spurs have a better record than the "healthy" Mavs?:rollin

J.T.
11-23-2008, 05:09 AM
Players stepping up and Duncan playing every game with heart and passion.

Tim Duncan won a championship on two injured ankles and almost beat the 2006 Dallas Mavericks by himself while suffering from plantar fasciitis (which would've been the easiest repeat in the history of the NBA following that series) and you think that him working extra hard to help the team win November games while down two of its best players is him playing with heart and passion?

:lmao

Can somebody please remove the 800-pound post-2003 Spurs fan gorilla from this room?

wijayas
11-23-2008, 08:56 AM
* Manu Offseason Injury
* TP in season Injury

Can't freaking wait.

I'll play a devil's advocate here. Our opponents are relatively "easy" these past twelve games. No Lakerr, Celtics, Hornets, Pistons yet. We need to re-establish our Defense mentality.

Avitus1
11-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Very exciting season so far..

SpurSupremacist
11-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Exciting like a heart attack.