PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden is Black Bill Walton

Findog
11-22-2008, 07:29 PM
It's the curse of the Blazer Big Man! First Walton, then Sam Bowie, now Oden. Walton had the Grateful Dead, so the only thing left for Oden to do is grow a mountain-man beard and start hanging out with Mos Def. They picked him over Durant! Durant belongs back in the Pacific Northwest instead of Methlahoma City.

Findog
11-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention that Kevin Duckworth ate himself to death. Seriously, if you're a center or power forward, the last thing you want to do is put on the red and black.

Bob Lanier
11-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Look what it did to Jermaine O'Neal's career.

IronMexican
11-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Sheed did pretty good.

dirk4mvp
11-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Sheed did pretty good.

Justin Timberlake - NSYNC = Rasheed Wallace - Portland Trailblazers

mystargtr34
11-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Luckily for the Blazers, Kevin Durant sux.

Kieth Van Horn > Kevin Durant.

timvp
11-22-2008, 10:16 PM
I was going to say that Oden > Durant but my uncle being the avatar convinced me.

mystargtr34
11-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Greg Oden right now playing at about 50% is >>> Kevin Durant

monosylab1k
11-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Greg Oden right now playing at about 50% is >>> Kevin Durant

The team surrounding Greg Oden is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the team surrounding Kevin Durant.

Durant is averaging 20+ a night and playing pretty special with zero help. Not even Lebron or Kobe could lead the Thunder to anything resembling a winning record. When Durant gets some help he is going to assfuck the NBA.

Findog
11-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Durant has nobody to keep defenses from keying on him.

mystargtr34
11-23-2008, 01:47 AM
The team surrounding Greg Oden is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the team surrounding Kevin Durant.

Durant is averaging 20+ a night and playing pretty special with zero help. Not even Lebron or Kobe could lead the Thunder to anything resembling a winning record. When Durant gets some help he is going to assfuck the NBA.

Of course, i dont expect him to lead them to the playoffs or win many games, but so far to me hes just a 6'10" chucker. Shoots a terrible %, doesnt get to the line much - he isnt a good three point shooter, hes too skinny to post up, he cant rebound, and he cant set up his team mates. He averages twice as many turnovers as he does assists.

Findog
11-23-2008, 01:55 AM
he isnt a good three point shooter

44% from behind the arc isn't good????

mystargtr34
11-23-2008, 02:02 AM
44% from behind the arc isn't good????

Well ill wait to see if he can do it for a longer stretch for two reasons. First, its only been 12 games, secondly hes cut back heavily on 3's. This seasons hes only made 7 from 16 - so with that in mind, no i wouldnt call him a good 3 point shooter yet considering he shot 29% last season on 205 attempts.

Findog
11-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Well ill wait to see if he can do it for a longer stretch for two reasons. First, its only been 12 games, secondly hes cut back heavily on 3's. This seasons hes only made 7 from 16 - so with that in mind, no i wouldnt call him a good 3 point shooter yet considering he shot 29% last season on 205 attempts.

Then at the very least his shot selection has improved somewhat. I agree he's a chucker, but on that team, with no help, he has no choice but to be a chucker, and the opportunity to chuck away is greater than if he had a second scoring threat.

mystargtr34
11-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Then at the very least his shot selection has improved somewhat. I agree he's a chucker, but on that team, with no help, he has no choice but to be a chucker, and the opportunity to chuck away is greater than if he had a second scoring threat.

Definately, hes alot better this season already. Ive just been really underwhelmed. He hasnt rebounded like i thought he would (i dont know why he isnt playing the 3 spot more) and he struggles to create for others.

Findog
11-23-2008, 02:19 AM
Definately, hes alot better this season already. Ive just been really underwhelmed. He hasnt rebounded like i thought he would (i dont know why he isnt playing the 3 spot more) and he struggles to create for others.

He's not been playing the 3 spot bc PJ was an idiot. The Team That Shall Not Be Named does not have another offensive threat that teams need to worry about, so it's up to Durant to beat teams single-handedly. That's not happening. I think he does need to bulk up a little bit so he can bang more.

Findog
11-23-2008, 02:22 AM
It pisses me off because that's such a second-rate organization in every way. I think his on-court performance would be better if he were in a better situation.

mystargtr34
11-23-2008, 02:29 AM
He's not been playing the 3 spot bc PJ was an idiot. The Team That Shall Not Be Named does not have another offensive threat that teams need to worry about, so it's up to Durant to beat teams single-handedly. That's not happening. I think he does need to bulk up a little bit so he can bang more.

Petro isnt an NBA player, hes pretty terrible yet hes started every game since forever it feels like.

Chris Wilcox is pretty good ive always likes him, yet hes coming off the bench.

Collison
Wilcox
Durant
Wilkins
Watson

Thats the starters id go with, bring Green off the bench, although theres not much defense up front, Petro hasnt looked like he can do much of that either.

Petro
Smith
Green
Mason
Westbrook