PDA

View Full Version : Pop Show

Solid D
02-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Manu tweaked his groin muscle with 6 minutes left in practice today. :(

Solid D
02-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Pop said he spoke with RC today. They don't have anything cookin' but if something does happen, it'll be because someone else does somthing that creates oppty. for them to do something.

LJIII was just cleared today to run and jump but non-contact for 2 weeks. If all goes well, he can be cleared for contact.

Malik is playing real well lately. A real blue-collar guy. Limiting Horry's minutes right now because he's been dinged-up some. He's been real pleased with Malik's play lately.

Streakyshooter08
02-22-2005, 05:44 PM
What does that mean? Will he miss games?

Solid D
02-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Asked if people were interested in PJ Carlesimo. Pop says he loves having PJ here. He is most certainly qualified to be a head coach in this league. He hopes PJ gets another shot at some point.

Someone brought up Donyell Marshall. Marshall is a fine player. He is under contract so we cannot make any comments about him but he is someone we think is a good player.

FromWayDowntown
02-22-2005, 05:47 PM

It must be a smokescreen. Obviously, they've made a deal to ship Manu out and they want Spurs fans to be understanding when Manu doesn't play tomorrow night.

:spin

Solid D
02-22-2005, 05:51 PM

All Pop said about Manu was that he didn't know what to think about the last few minutes of practice. Tim injured his ankle near the end of practice last week, now Manu today. He said he noticed Manu working his groin muscle with about 6 minutes left in practice. The trainer worked on it some after practice. Pop said he planned on calling Manu later tonight to see how he's doing. It didn't sound too bad but that's about all he said.

Streakyshooter08
02-22-2005, 05:54 PM
All Pop said about Manu was that he didn't know what to think about the last few minutes of practice. Tim injured his ankle near the end of practice last week, now Manu today. He said he noticed Manu working his groin muscle with about 6 minutes left in practice. The trainer worked on it some after practice. Pop said he planned on calling Manu later tonight to see how he's doing. It didn't sound too bad but that's about all he said.

Okay, thanks... Hope he will be okay.

smeagol
02-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Malik is playing real well lately. A real blue-collar guy. Limiting Horry's minutes right now because he's been dinged-up some. He's been real pleased with Malik's play lately.
Nice to see Pop is happy with Malik's performance of late.

ducks
02-22-2005, 05:56 PM
pop is not a idiot
he knows he is stuck with rose
so he is trying to praise rose so he will not quite on him this year like last year

ALVAREZ6
02-22-2005, 05:59 PM
I hope Manu plays tomorrow damnit, its on ESPN!!!!

Don't tell me I got screwed again.

Solid D
02-22-2005, 06:02 PM
The last time the Spurs played Houston, Manu ran into Yao and banged up his hip/thigh area and could not continue. 'hope he doesn't miss this one. The Spurs need someone who can create his own scoring opportunities when it comes to playing a good defensive team like the Rockets.

ducks
02-22-2005, 06:03 PM
I hope he sits out
manu needs extra rest since went to denver
and it would do him good after playign at such high attitude

why not let him get completelty healthy? his game is his explosive moves and if he has a pulled groin he will not be effective

sa_butta
02-22-2005, 06:06 PM
pop is not a idiot
he knows he is stuck with rose
so he is trying to praise rose so he will not quite on him this year like last year
Rose needs some praising to gain his confidence back. If thats what it takes for him to play well then I say do it. We are headed toward a championship and I think he will play a key role down the stretch.

TMTTRIO
02-22-2005, 06:07 PM
we really need him tommorow. I know he didn't play very well the last time we played Houston, but we really missed his energy and all the intangibles that he brings every night on court after he went out with the energy.

Kori Ellis
02-22-2005, 06:58 PM
I'll try to get the audio so everyone can hear it, but it probably won't be available until the morning.

Rick Von Braun
02-22-2005, 07:06 PM
I'll try to get the audio so everyone can hear it, but it probably won't be available until the morning.
Thank you Kori! http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiprincess.gif

Jdspur20
02-22-2005, 10:23 PM
I hope Manu plays tomorrow damnit, its on ESPN!!!!

Don't tell me I got screwed again.

no worrys. he'll play

travis2
02-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Manu tweaked his groin muscle with 6 minutes left in practice today. :(

Bill Schoening said "Manu developed a small knot in his groin at the end of practice..."

Hell, Jim develops a small knot (albeit a very small knot) in his groin every time he talks to SW and/or Shelly.

No problem. :)

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Bill Schoening said "Manu developed a small knot in his groin at the end of practice..."

Hell, Jim develops a small knot (albeit a very small knot) in his groin every time he talks to SW and/or Shelly.

No problem. :)

Travis, how many times do I have to tell you? Stop staring at my crotch!!!!

travis2
02-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Jim, I'm just going by what Shelly and SW have told me. :)

Kori Ellis
02-23-2005, 10:41 AM
http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/audio/pop2-22part1.mp3

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 02:17 AM
Sorry I forgot to post this.

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/audio/pop2-22part2.mp3